main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    all I can say is wow. I was very impressed with the show! My brother and I weren't going to go and bought tickets that afternoon... but we were ecstatic over how well it was done and how there were no lines for the rides (indy exception) and all the people were for one thing! I absolutely loved it!

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This was one of the one of the best things about attending C5! Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom and and being able to walk on practically all of the major attractions(including Toy Story Mania - and anyone knowing what that line is usually like knows what I mean) was well worth the price of admission. The Hyperspace Hoopla also had some new additions and some different twists and the fireworks display was simply awesome!

I'm really glad I was able to go and take part in the final farewell to the original Star Tours! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Currently, exclusive pins as individual pins are being sold at Hollywood Studios until they sell out.

4. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Is there a copy of the mix they used for the Symphony in the Stars? That selection of music and sound clips was just wonderful.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Doubt it.
    IMO, I totally disagree with you, for what it's worth. I thought it was average at best and was pretty much ruined by the inclusion of the "I HATE YOU!!!!" line from Episode III.

6. Recaznor

Recaznor Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2010
    I have an amazing story, I actually went to the "Last Tour of Endor" for CV celebration. We went to see the Indiana Jones/Jedi crossover show and George Lucas was in the front row.

After the show my wife and I went to try and get a closer glimpse of ole GL and we saw all these people running so we figured they were running towards George so we joined them. Turns out it was the cast of Star Wars and some of the Clone Wars! Daniel Logan was right in front of us and we wound up going to their backstage area!

They were all wearing these pink bands for VIP, my wife was getting nervous and didn't want to get kicked out so she wanted to leave but just as we were leaving we found some of the VIP bracelets on a table! Next thing you know we are running off with Anthony Daniels, Seth Green and tons of people from the Clone Wars and going on all the rides. We had our own security guards and everything, we walked onto EVERY ride it was amazing! BEST NIGHT EVER!

7. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    oh i'm kind of jealous of you. although i did get interviewed for the closing video they were doing for it. waiting for that to surface

:tape

duct tape rules!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm actually working on my own cut of it. I like to put together Disney background music loops and this is on the top of my list at the moment. I just need to find high quality versions of the quotes used in the show. I thought the soundbite thing on SW.com would be a good source, but sadly, they're missing a lot of them.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  9. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    http://db.tt/WIuIFjd

i don't know if it will help you, but i recorded the fireworkds show. i had a tree in my way, but oh well.

:tape

duct tape rules!

10. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Boom!

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4909286414_d38dd7d975.jpg]

11. deadhoarse

deadhoarse Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2006
    That is a great pic!

12. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Wow, that's an awesome shot Matt.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    As someone who missed out on the fireworks, we only got a glimpse at it from the final Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom stunt show, all I have to say is one big THANK YOU!

I watched a couple of taped versions, most of them have audio clipping problems, so seeing you're going to do a high quality versions is a great idea.

14. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for the photo compliments. For my fellow photo buffs out there...I had mounted my gorillapod on a railing on mainstreet with my old Canon EOS 20D and a very wide angle lens on it. I then attached my timer that I use for time lapse shots. I set it to shoot 5-second exposures every second (so it would be open for 5 seconds to get several fireworks bursts, then close and wait a second before doing it again).

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I loved the Last Tour of Endor. I hadn't planned on going, but a friend ended up winning two tickets at the TF.N party. We went out with the first shuttles, so we were very happy when we got to see the Beauty and the Beast show as well. To be honest we only did the Star Tours once in the beginning and spent the rest of the nigh going between the Rock'nRollercoaster and the Tower of Terror. We missed most of the hyperspace hoopla due to that, but we loved the fireworks.

Also just the Indy show would have been worth paying $75 for, we were at the middle one with GL, eventhough we were so far in the back that we just saw the top of his head.

16. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I can't remember, but which one of you was dressed as the guy from Cloud City with the ice cream maker? You can see yourself in the starwars.com video report about Last Tour to Endor.
    http://starwars.com/video/view/001082.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.