main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *Last Words* Angst/Drama/AU with L/V/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Watcher_of_Dreams, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watcher_of_Dreams

Watcher_of_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Title: Last Words
    Author: Watcher_of_Dreams
    Genre: AU, Drama and Angst. :_| :_|
    Keywords: AU, Post-ESB
    Main Characters: Leia Organa
    Secondary Characters: Luke Skywalker, Lord Vader, Mon Mothma, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Wedge Antilles
    Summary: What would Luke's dying words be to Vader? Seen through Leia's eyes.

I can see Luke in such detail. I wish they would dim the lights, I don't want to see him in a way that leaves nothing to the imagination. He was so vibrant, and now he lies in the medcenter bed, wasting away before my very eyes. Almost all the sparkle has left his blue eyes, and they pierce my soul now in a way that hurts.

He's dying, the medics tell me. I don't want to believe this, that my friend won't see the end of the Rebellion, that he won't see another sunrise or sunset, that we won't see him after a few days. He's only 22, my age, and his breath rattles in his throat as his body wastes away from the inside.

I'm aware of Wedge, Lando and Han behind me, but I can't let go of his hand. I can't let go of him. He's been with me through so many of the battles; Hoth, Mimban, Yavin 4 and all the others, yet now he dies and I live. His hand is so frail; I can feel the bones in his fingers.

Strange that I feel this way even after I learned that Vader is his father. This is the son of the man who tortured me, and yet I don't feel any anger. I don't even hate Vader anymore; he was simply doing his job on orders from Tarkin that day.

The last time Luke woke up, he asked me to call Vader and tell him to come here, to our latest base, so that Luke could see him before he died. Mon protested, but I told her to shut up, that it was Luke's dying request. Then I asked her if she could turn down a hero's last wish.

So I called Lord Vader and gave him the coordinates to our base so he could see his dying son. He should be arriving sometime today, but I can't move from beside the bed. Every moment is precious now.

I can hear Han's gasp when Vader shows up at the door. I turn to him with tears in my eyes and silently get up to move out of the way. Vader stops me, placing a gloved hand on my wrist and saying, "Stay, Princess. You are a friend of my son and should stay by him."

Tears spring unbidden to my eyes at the softness of his voice. He's speaking to me, but his eyes are watching Luke's struggle with life. He moves over to Luke's side and kneels onto one leg so that his mask is inches from Luke's bedside. He reaches out and brushes Luke's fine blonde hair back from his face.

I watch with my heart in my throat as Luke's eyes flutter open. I know he sees me but he turns to his father. A weak smile crosses his face as he says, "I knew you'd come."

Vader's voice is soft as he answers. "I'd always come for you, son."

"I know," Luke's voice is so weak, and a sob hitches its way up my throat.

"I wanted you here. I wanted friends and family, and you are my only family so--"

"No words or explanations are needed, Luke."

"I'm so proud of you, my son. I always was. You were the Jedi I never was, and I want you to know that you are more perfect than I could ever have been."

Luke smiled at Vader and whispered, "I always wanted to be a Jedi like my father."

Luke turns those blue eyes to me and says, "Goodbye Leia. Be happy and at peace."

"No!" I shout. He can't leave, he just can't!

I run forward and grab his hand, dropping to my knees and burying my face in the sheets. His hand brushes my hair and then falls limply to the bed. I look up, afraid to see pain-wracked features, and find myself looking at a peaceful smile and lids closed forever over his blue eyes.

An eerie howl breaks through my pain and I look over to see Lord Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith on his knees facing away from Luke, his head thrown back and he's screaming, just screaming, unable to stop.

I crawl over to him and touch his arm, and he breaks into wheezing sobs. He looks at me and sees the pain in my eyes, and he drops his head, unable to look at me.

Wedge dis

2. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Awesome story! I absolutely love first person stories, and you made the emotion very real in this story. Plus you used the phrase "son of the suns," which automatically makes it cool. Great work, my friend.

3. Davedrag

Davedrag Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2006
    :_| your very good to bad luke to die :_| but i love how vader can to see his son and hopefuly it will change him.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_|

That's all, just :_| :_| :_|

But now I HAVE to know what happens next, so please PM when you update! That's an order! [face_shame_on_you] Okay, I can't ORDER you, but I can ask nicely... [face_praying]

5. KnightAayla

KnightAayla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    :_| :_| That was heart wrenching!!! Brillaint, emotional...I need more. :_|

~JEM~

6. Vader_Princess

Vader_Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    *sobs* How could you do it ,master? :_| How could you kill Luke?! That was so sad it made me cry I was afraid my keyboard would shortcircuit! *goes back into loud wailing*

7. Watcher_of_Dreams

Watcher_of_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Unfortunately, this was a one-shot viggie. If you like it, maybe you should remember it on nom day *wink*

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That was heartbreaking and truly wonderful. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.