main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last World War I veteran, in the whole world, dies

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Ghost, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Can't prove everything dies until everything is dead!

2. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Yes, this is so true. I wish that someone, anyone, at any point in the last 95 years, had just thought to make a record of the events of World War I. What were they THINKING? And now that one woman who was a dishwasher in the Royal Air Force died we'll never know. :(

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have books full of eyewitness accounts from WWI. I'm pretty sure the editors were psychic.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Also, the implication of that line of thought would be that the woman's death was worthless/meaningless if we had already done some sort of comprehensive debriefing and extracted all her historically relevant memories of World War 1.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Pffft. Like anyone bothers to pay attention to history. Just look at Afganistan. The Brittish invaded during Queen Victoria's reign, and were slaughtered when they were forced out. USSR invaded in the 1980s and had the stuffing beaten out of them. Did anyone pay attention? No! Now the "western world"/"Coalition of the willing" are bogged down in an attempt to own the country. You just gotta know that isn't going to work. But they tried anyway.

An immensely unpopular war started under duplicitous reasons? Nope, haven't had 2 of those in the last 22 years. Against the same country. Boy, really learned the lessons of Vietnam, didn't we.

No one EVER bothers to learn the lessons of history. Well, no one in power or authority--they're too busy trying to connive and swindle for more power and authority.