main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

late night star wars horror

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by danmcken, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    how about an adult show on late at night about anchient horror tales in the gffa. the jedi must have faced evil countless times over the years.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    um... no. sounds like a cheap spinoff that only diehard star wars fans will get.

3. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "late night star wars horror "

I thought maybe you had a nightmare of The Holiday Special.

Seriously, I don't think the GFFA needs the Crypt Keeper. You may as well let Brannon and Braga produce it so Star Wars can be completely ruined.

4. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I remember there were some horror themed SW books out last decade, called Galaxy of Fear or something like that. But I think they were designed for children.

5. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    im not taking about tales from the crypt type rubbish. just none pg rated type of stories , the hutts must have done some evil nasty ***t in there time. Im just thinking of stories for the more adult fans not just horror,gangster and bounty hunter stories should not just be PG.The sopranos in gffa would be a good start.

6. Omega-Prime

Omega-Prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    i have always thought it would be a great idea to put a type of star wars theme story on the small screen.
    it would make a great story to make vader's onslaught of the jedi in detail as a horror story.
    his true darkside reign through the galaxy in graphic detail.
    possibly tim burton as the director.

7. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "im not taking about tales from the crypt type rubbish. just none pg rated type of stories , the hutts must have done some evil nasty ***t in there time. Im just thinking of stories for the more adult fans not just horror,gangster and bounty hunter stories should not just be PG.The sopranos in gffa would be a good start."

I see. So you're not really interested in Star Wars on TV you just want to see Jabba the Hutt drop the F-bomb 142 times per episode? Topless Twi'leks? Kill innocent people who they don't like? Glorify criminal and anti social behavior? Gee sounds about as much fun as an elephant in my shorts.

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It's is an interesting concept though.

9. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    How is glorifing criminal and anti social behaviour interesting? You want to see an innocent person's life destroyed because some low life, ignorant, piece of filth criminal decided to just do whatever he wanted regardless of the impact on other people?

10. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    didnt tarken and vader destroy milions of innocent lives on allderan. i just want an adult themed star wars show, not live taliban exucutions its just make beleive.
    the hutts werent nice people they were gangsters i would love to see why people are afraid of them.

11. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "the hutts werent nice people they were gangsters i would love to see why people are afraid of them. "

I fail to see the entertainment vaule in this. I ask again, you want to see innocent people's lives destroyed? Why? What's appealing about piece of filth low life criminals killing, maiming, and destroying people?

As far as seeing how evil the hutts are, we saw Jabba drop his dancer into the Rancor pit. How much more do you need? What's wrong with you?

12. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    i must be a psycho like all the other millions of people who enjoy gangster and horror movies we should all be locked up. its escapism i dont enjoy watching it for real, i was repulsed by a faces of death video i was shown once. but real life isnt all flowers and fluffy clouds u have to accept it.

13. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "but real life isnt all flowers and fluffy clouds u have to accept it. "

I know and I do. I just find it disgusting that people think slimy, less than human criminals are entertaining. It's not. In real life, since you brought it up, intelligent, civilized people do not glorify violence or "ganstas" as a form of entertainment. They disavoe and look down on the heathens that do. Plain and simple. Claiming escapism is a cop out. You can find the same escapism watching the Smurfs, or Rainbow Bright, and they didn't glorify violence.

14. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    how about xim the despot stories

15. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Going speciesist? "Less than human criminals"? Are you saying that Hutts are less valuable, less important, than humans?

Is everyone who watches a horror movie with zombies or whatever "less than human" monster in it a depraved individual?

Choose your words carefully--they may say things about you that you didn't intend. :)

16. danmcken

Nov 7, 2003
    ive been surounded by violence my entire life but im not a violent person. but do find it interesting to watch why other people are violent. does this make me a sicko i dont think so

17. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    The thing to watch out for is to make sure that the show actually fits the flavor. So far, no TV show really has done that.
    THe ewok movies were horrible "kid adventure" shows, the cartoon ewoks had almost no interface with the movies, the droids cartoon was totally irrelevant, the animation style of the new cartoon is too tooney, and the x-mas special...

Someone would have to go through scripts very carefully to make sure they were worth filming and actually belonged in the universe.

18. ObiwanJohn

Dec 12, 2003
    "Is everyone who watches a horror movie with zombies or whatever "less than human" monster in it a depraved individual? "

No because Zombies aren't real. There are no undead. It's fun to watch those movies because you don't have to worry about going outside and having your brain munched on.
    However, crime and violence is real and affects innocent people everyday. People who just want to work and have fun without having to worry about getting raped,stabbed, robbed, or shot are affected simply because the other person, the criminal, has chosen not to follow civilized rules of society. Glorifying this crap is wrong.

19. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    I would say that there is a difference between "glorifying" it and depicting it realistically.

A show that realistically depicts what a scummy world Jabba (or whoever) lives in does not necessarily glorify it.

James Bond movies glorify espionage. The Sandbaggers realistically depicts espionage. Actually, they make fun of James Bond several times. "If you want James Bond, go to your library. If you want a real intelligence service, sit at your desk and think."

A properly done horror story leaves the viewer uneasy, and definately not wanting to be in the situation the characters just faced. The key here is "properly done", which is something that Lucas has yet to accomplish on a small screen.

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "...which is something that Lucas has yet to accomplish on a small screen."

Lucas has had almost nothing to do with any of the small screen Star Wars features over the years.

21. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Yes he did: he allowed them.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm glad we're all agreed that something "Tales from the Crypt" style would be stupid. At least we've all got some measure of sanity. 8-}

Adult stories just sound to me to be stupid and repulsive. The first thing that comes to mind is pronography. The second is ultra-violent "griity, realistic" television. The third is a combination of the former two. Neither of the three has any redeeming qualities for me.

However, I agree that ObiwanJohn is being to harsh in his judgement here. While I agree that there is nothing entertaining about that stuff, there are celarly large audiences of "normal" people who do. There is ample of evidence of this fact in the success of entertainment media that glorifies such lifestyles. They include The Godfather Saga, the Grand Theft Auto Series, and The Sopranos. All three are wildly popular, despite the gangster lifestyle they portray.

So while I might disagree with people who like those, I don't think its appropriate to imply that they are heathens, uncivilized, or lacking in intelligence because of that fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.