main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 3) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

For those in Auckland who might be interested, I've just read this in today's NZ Herald newspaper:

COSTUME AUCTION
    1500 fancy dress costumes from Pierrot Costume Hire
    Wednesday, 6 December at 3:00pm (inspections from 8:30am).
    Turners Auctions, Cnr Leonard and Sophia Street, Penrose, Auckland

Costumes include "Star Wars" and "Star Trek", amoung tons of others. Each costume has it's own accessories (where applicable).

Enquiries to:
    Turner Auctions, ph: (09)580-9316 or (09)580-9327
    or Mark Wotton, ph: (025)470-107

I doubt I'll bother going, but someone here might be interested. [face_clown]

2. SITHLORDDUNNO

SITHLORDDUNNO Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2000
    I just purchased the latest wave of figures from our local W/H. I am a little uninspired with these. All just remakes of figures that I already have. With all the characters in the film/films surely we could get something different. If Hasbro wants SW products to sell and stay at the top then they have to think past main characters. I know they will say that only main characters sell in large numbers because everybody (kids) relate to who they are but it is just starting to get a little boring and ho hum.

3. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Well, this is the first chance I've had to get a lot of the characters, so I'm pretty happy about it :D

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Another one for those "serious" collectors: Briscos has some Star Wars Backpacks (ie. small kids school bags). I missed the price, but it was in the "Under $20" section.

Also, Farmers has currently got a 20% discount on all Lego.

5. SeanAGreen

SeanAGreen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2000
    deka 50 % of Sw

6. Han_Solo010

Han_Solo010 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi all
    The Warehouse hase fresh POTF green com tec figures. INCLUDING storm Trooper, Darth vader & interrogation Droid,R2-D2 with Holograpic Leia!!!! $14.99 West Gate ALK

Also Deka has EP 1 pump action Naboo water pistols ( the big ones )down from $35.00 to $12.00 ea West Gate ALK

Apart from that not much else happening, all the invasion force stuff has sold out (Gun Gan assault cannon & Scout tank) at west gate Warehouse, but they still have a few destroyer droids for $7.97 ea plus other more common figures.

Any one got a spare chancellor Valorum with com tec chip? Havn't been able to find one any where.

Happy hunting

Han

7. SeanAGreen

SeanAGreen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2000
  8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Well Han_Solo 010, you were almost in LOTS of trouble. [face_clown]

It took me all morning and a visit to six different Warehouse branches, but I finally found one "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" burried under some other Star Wars figures on the bottom shelf in Henderson (Auckland). [face_clown]

By the way, I didn't see any Chancellor Valorum figures for you on my travels either, so that means there's none at Birkenhead, Glenfield, Milford, Albany, Westgate, or Henderson, to save you visiting those again.

9. SITHLORDDUNNO

SITHLORDDUNNO Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2000
    Dunedins WH has POTF luke with skyhopper, Jawa with Gonk,Greedo and Hans Solo plus some POTJ Maul,R2D2,Anakin/Mec all $14.95. Also Kmart is selling the last of Ep1 12in figures for $15 only a few left as of today. Also heaps of micro machines real cheap and masks as well for $2 each.

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, I saw a few of each of those "new" figures during my travels, and even a couple of "Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid" and "Stormtrooper with Rifle Rack" figures as well - but I already managed to get all those ones a while back (they cost me $18 each though).

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The Warehouse now has interactive Yodas for $79.95. Still a number of the POTF commtech but no sign of R2 and Miss Leia anywhere.

12. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Well, congratulations to those who have found R2 with Holo leia, Cos I never found any in Christchurch... I went to all the warehouses which had the new figures, and found the all the other commtechs. oh well, the search goes on....

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but the Jawa with Commtech is a variation (only slight!) on the one that was previously released here. The new ones have holes in there feet, where their predecessors did not.
    so if you are a variation collector, or just want that jawa pegged on his chip, there are still some around.

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    For those interested in the X-wing series of computer games, Electronics Boutique is currently selling X-wing Alliance (Windows) for only $30. I'm not sure if these shops exist outside Auckland, but I know there are at least three up here.

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I also found ONE copy of X-wing Alliance for $30 in one of the local Warehouse branches today.

16. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    There are a few X wing alliances here in Chch, at various games retailers also for $29.95. also saw a Dark forces 2 jedi Knight at TWH in Papanui, only one at $29.99.

I'm looking for the original X-wing game for PC, anyone got a spare?

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I found two new (to me anyway) Lego Technic sets at both The Warehouse and Toyworld - the Stormtrooper and C-3PO.

Both are about $76 at Toyworld, but $70 at The Warehouse.

The Warehouse also has 30% off computer software, but different branches have different stock, so you might have to hunt around. You can get the following for only $20.95 ...

- Force Commander
    - Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    - X-wing vs TIE Fighter
    - X-wing Alliance

18. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I got a new Lego set for my birthday, AT-ST with Chewie, so I assume the new lego has been released.
    For those Droid fans, I also saw some Puzz3D R2-D2's at Toyworld Barrington, for $24.95 each.
    no sign of figures here yet...

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Opps! :eek:(

I knew I forgot something. The AT-ST are about too (although I only saw one of those in a Warehouse branch), but I forget what the price was - expensive, as with all Lego.

20. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Someone tells me there are new figures
    at Toyworld Newmarket, basic POTJ figures at 21.99 each (ouch) and 300th Boba Fetts for $32.

21. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Has anyone used www.brianstoys.com ?
    They're quite reliable and delivery takes just over a week.
    Some items are a bit pricey due to the crap exchange rate, but they do have some good bargains, depending on what you're looking for.

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Ive bought from Brians toys before, but I kinda lost faith in them when they quoted me $US25 to airmail 2 carded figures here.

Plus you can almost always find items cheaper on Ebay, having said that Brianstoys do have some good specials and are very reliable.

23. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Anyone got any wave 8-9 TPM figures in from overseas?

24. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I got a few, picked them up for between $US5-7 after hunting around on Ebay (any more and its not really worth it). Obi wan Jedi knight, Anakin pilot, Darth maul sith lord, and pit droids 2 pack.

I know some are pretty hard to find, ie.
    Sio bibble, TC14, R2B1, and especially jar jar naboo swamp. theyre going for between $US15-25 each.

25. Han_Solo010

Han_Solo010 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    Think eBay is the way to go as Hasbro NZ are being less than helpfull. Got a EP1 Trade Federation battel tank from a guy in Maiami.
    Cost me $40.00 US incl postage. Arrived within a week. Is cool as. He also has some EP1 royal starships "The Big ones" which he can get over here to us for arround $ 100 US incl postage. Anyone intersted ??

Contact Gary at gsvd12k@cs.com

MTFBWY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.