main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 3) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I just bought a Royal Starship from him, for $US100 including postage, not bad considering NZ retail price was going to be $NZ300.

2. Han_Solo010

Han_Solo010 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2000
    Woops that last contact was wrong it should be gsvdl2k@cs.com

I see Century Chan ( chansplace )was quick off the blocks.

How's your new Royal Star Ship ?

Happy Hunting

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Books also seem to be slow in appearing here in NZ too. I know one Whitcoulls branch has quite a few of some of the older books still on the shelf.

But I did see a hard-back copy of the "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" book in a Dymocks branch today.

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Fetts have arrived!

The Warehouse at Eastgate now has a few
    of the 300th boba fetts (probably a single case) so if you missed out heres your chance.

no sign of any other figures though.

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I've just got back from the Westgate (Auckland) branch of the Warehouse. They had four 300th Boba Fett figures.

I didn't see any at the Milford or Glenfield branches earlier this week, but Glenfield had quite a few of the Electronic Yoda figures (still at the $100+ price).

Also, a few shops along the row at the Westgate shopping centre there's a BookFind branch. They've got PILES of copies of the novels for A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I can't remember the exact price, but I'm sure it was only about $3 each. They've also got some Star Wars colouring books for about the same price.

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Haven't seen any Fetts in Wellington yet. I got those books in Tauranga a couple of months ago for a $1 each.

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I was just at the Warehouse, manukau, where they had lots of new POTJ figures, from the collection 2 range, at 14.99.

The only 2nd collection ones I didn't see were Leia and Boba Fett.
    The podrace annoucer was kind of cute
    - and they had the Dagobah Vader, apparently you can remove it's mask and see Luke underneath :)

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep I just got mine at Wellington City warehouse, they had 5 Darths and 5 Obi wans, a couple Qui gons and a few others.
    Degobah Vader is very sort after so to see so many was a huge suprise. I bought two.

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Some news from Chch. checked out The Warehouse Bush Inn today an found Some of the Power of the Jedi Collection 2 figures. there were 10 new figures, so I assume there was a single case.
    heres what I found:

1x Coruscant Guard
    1x Mas Amedda
    1x Chewbacca Dejarik Champion
    1x Tusken Raider desert sniper
    1x Jek Porkins X wing Pilot
    1x Boss Nass Gungan Sacred Place
    1x Gungan Warrior
    1x Fode and Beed Podrace announcer
    2x Sebulba Boonta eve challenge

This is a different assortment to what turned up in Wellington city Warehouse, there must be a couple of different cases out there.

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Damn!!

That means I still need to find a Chewbacca (Dejarik Challenge), Coruscant Guard, Gungan Warrior and Tusken Raider (Desert Sniper) - I though I'd done really well too. :eek:(

Oh, well. Looks like I'll have to travel a bit further in the search tomorrow.

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I just got back from a tour of the four North Shore (Auckland) Warehouse branches. For those still looking, don't bother with the Milford branch - apart from two Epic Force Episode I figures (up on a top shelf) and one remote control Faamba, all they got are LOTS of MicroMachines Pod Racer packs (at $3 each). Glenfield had a few POTJ figures. Birkenhead had more, but Albany had the most.

During my trip I managed to pick-up the following eight figures (all $14.99 each).

Collection 1:
    - Qui-Gon Jinn (Mos Espa Disguise)
    - Darth Vader (Dagobah)
    - Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (Jedi Knight - Episode IV-VI)

Collection 2:
    - Boss Nass (Gungan Sacred Place)
    - Fode and Beed (Podrace Announcers)
    - Mas Amedda
    - Jek Porkins (X-wing Pilot)
    - Sebulba (Boonta Eve Challenge)

There were also a few other figures that I already had:
    - Anakin Skywalker (Mechanic)
    - R2-D2 (Naboo Escape)
    - Darth Maul (Final Dual - breakapart)
    - Obi-Wan (Jedi - Episode I)

No Boba Fetts though.

MANY thanks to those who first pointed out that the Warehouse had new figures. [face_clown]

From the back of the cards (and Chan's previous message), there's still a few I need to find though.

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Also while I was out 'n' about I stopped into a couple of bookshops. No new Star Wars bookes, but I did find a Star Wars magazine that's new to me (I don't check the magazine stands very often). It possibly is new here since the copyright blurb in the front still says "For sale in the UK and Eire only".

This one is a bi-monthly magazine (ie. one every two months) called "Star Wars" by Titan Magazines. It costs $16.45, which is a bit expensive for only 68 pages (including cover), but it's colour throughout and there's not that many adverts. The current, February/March 2001, issue has some Episode II news and pictures, and a free Episode II poster (C-3PO and R2-D2 standing on what looks like Tatooine).

There's also a list of all 300 of the standard 3 3/4" Hasbro Star Wars figures (not multi-packs or those included with larger toys, and no variations listed). I'll type it up later and post it here and/or Star Wars NZ for those interested.

I found it in a Paper Plus branch, but other magazine shops may have it too. I also saw a similar "Star Trek" magazine produced by the same publishers. I asked the shop to put a copy aside for me each time (along with a Mac magazine I regularly get).

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Crikey someone let the Star wars toys out of the bag. Great hunting guys, I'll have to go searching tomorrow. :)

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    heres a checklist of the first 4 waves of POTJ for buzz, and anyone else wanting a list to "tick off".

Wave 1
    collection 1
    Anakin Mechanic
    R2 D2 Naboo escape
    Darth Maul Final duel
    Obi Wan Jedi
    collection 2
    Coruscant Guard
    Tusken raider Desert Sniper
    Mas Amedda
    Battle Droid security
    Chewbacca Dejarik Champion

Wave 2
    collection 1
    Darth Vader Dagobah
    Obi Wan Jedi Knight
    Qui Gonn Jinn Mos espa Disguise
    Princess leia General
    collection 2
    Jek Porkins X wing Pilot
    Boss nass Gungan sacred place
    Gungan warrior
    Fode and beed podrace announcer
    Sebulba boonta eve challenge

Wave 3
    collection 1
    Battle droid boomer damage
    Han solo Bespin capture
    Biker Scout Imperial patrol
    collection 2
    Plo Koon Jedi Master
    K3PO protocol Droid
    IG88 Bounty hunter
    Mon Calamari Officer

Wave 4
    collection 1
    Princess Leia Bespin escape
    Chewbacca Mechanic
    Aurra Sing
    collection 2
    Queen Amidala Theed invasion
    Saesee Tin

I think thats correct, please correct me if I'm wrong. hope it helps!

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Aaaarggggghhhhh So many toys to get.

They just keep coming and coming and coming.

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, after exploring all the bigger Auckland Warehouse branches I only managed to pick up a Chewbacca (Dejarik Champion) - so I'm still missing a few.

I did find about four Jek Porkins figures (as well as the other "common" figures) if anyone needs one and/or wants to swap for one of my missing figures.

Thanks for the list Century. I don't think Wave 4 has reached New Zealand yet, otherwise I'm only missing five POTJ figures (plus the POTF2 ones we missed out on down here).

I don't know if you've got them al in the right "waves", but looking at the list in the magazine it looks like you have got the first three waves all there.

17. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah, so far we've only had waves 1-3 (even though wave 3 never made it to Christchurch)
    I'm always confused about "waves" of figures, Im never sure how they work them out.

The only figures I havent seen (or heard of)
    are Battle droid security, and princess leia
    general. anyone actually found these?

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Kitt327 wrote ...
    > and they had the Dagobah Vader, apparently
    > you can remove it's mask and see Luke
    > underneath

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've just opened up one of these Darth Vader (Dagobah) figures.

The only difference between this and any other Vader figure is that the entire head comes off (not the mask). I can't see any way to get the mask off, it seems glued together.

I guess that so you can re-"play" the scene where Luke chops off the head.

Maybe there's a "Darth Vader (Dagobah) SE" figure going to be released in twenty years time where the mask does come off. [face_clown]

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Heya Buzz, I'm pretty sure the mask DOES come off, all the pics I've seen has luke underneath. why would they put lukes face in there if you cant see it? (I'm afraid I cant verify though, mines still Carded) can anyone back me up?

check out the pics at www.Sirstevesguide.com:
    there are some cool variations.

http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=10995

All I can say is, have another go at that mask! (maybe you need to take to it with a lightsaber)

20. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I can verify the mask DOES come off and so DOES the head. Mine is currently displayed with the mask removed. It's a semi tight squeeze but it came off quite easily.

On a sad note:
    ------------------
    Does any one know where I can get a replacement 4" vader sabre. I'm pretty P'd at the moment because I went to put Removeable helmet Vader's sabre in his hand for display and without any pressure at all it just snapped in half at the handle. I'll attempt to super glue it back together which is a temporary fix. I have to say I was quite shocked as the plastic was very brittle. :(

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I've had a second look, but I still can't see any way that the mask can come off. It seems to be one solid piece (I don't want to pull too hard and break it). Maybe we get some "cheapo overseas" version that doesn't work

Has anyone else noticed that the new Obi-Wan (Jedi Knight) figure has a lightsabre handle "clipped" to his belt, but it's different to the handle on the "on" lightsabre in the packet.

I also took the lightsabre out of the hand of the Darth Vader (Dagobah) figure, but some of the silver paint got left behind.

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    the lightsaber on Obi wans belt is the one he gives to luke from his father.

It seems they dont make accessories like they used to.....

23. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Sheesh - breaking lightsabers, peeling paint, masks which don't come off
    -sounds like we're getting the one's which didn't pass the quality standard.

Buzz - if I had got a Vader in which the mask didn't remove, I would have smashed it in a fit of frustration trying to get it off :)

24. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Man Buzz you got some problems with old Vader there. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you do know it is only the little part of the front of the helmet that comes off. Just the eyes and mouth part. On the main page of the website it shows a pic of vader with the piece removed. Other than that I'm not sure what is wrong, maybe they put the mask on when the paint of lukes face was wet and it stuck. :(

Chansplace is right about Obi holding onto Lukes sabre.

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Ah ... thanks for the tip. I can now make my Vader look like Luke, although it took a bit of prying on the chin with an unfolded paperclip (one of the most underestimated tools in the world). I WAS trying to get too much of the helmet off.

I was a bit worried in case I had bought a bad one. Hasbro used to put instructions on the back of the card, now them seem to have stopped doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.