main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 3) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    No worries, Happy playing. :)

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

The Albany (Auckland) branch of the Warehouse has a few Interactive Yoda figures being sold off cheap(er). These are ones that have badly damaged boxes, but the figures themselves look fine.

The sticker price ranges from the normal $130 for undamaged boxes, $100 for damaged boxes and $70 for Yodas with badly damaged boxes.

If you're still wanting an Interactive Yoda and don't care about the box, it might be worth taking them to the counter to check the scanned price - they may be even cheaper.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    more POTJ figures here in Chch, I've had reports of figures at Eastgate, Papanui and Rangiora Warehouses. getting snapped up quick though...

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Still no new figures here in wellington. :(

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Not really a find, but for those in Auckland, the ToyMagic shop in the Link Drive area on the North Shore has closed down.

I'm not sure how long it's been gone, but it's not surprising - it was a peculiar place to put a toy shop, not many people would have known it was there.

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Not really a "find", but for those in Auckland, the ToyMagic shop in the Link Drive area on the North Shore has closed down.

I'm not sure how long it's been gone, but it's not surprising - it was a peculiar place to put a toy shop, not many people would have known it was there.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I found something!!!

Greg Bear's "Star Wars: Rogue Planet" novel has arrived in paperback at Whitcoulls and Bennetts book shops (probably others too). For some strange reason it's a bit more expensive ($21.99) than the usual paperback Star Wars books. :(

PS: I'm not sure why there's two copies of my previous message or why it didn't pop to the top on that date - strange!!

8. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Scorpio Books in CHCH will order any book in. I got Rogue Planet paperback about a week and a half ago!!! :)

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    As long as it been released by the New Zealand distributors, any bookshop with "nice" staff can order in a book for you.

The same goes for toy shops. If you know that a figure has been released here, then the shop staff can TRY and get one for you from Hasbro NZ. The main problem is that for some stupid reason some figures come in such limited numbers in the cases, so getting a "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" may still be impossible.

10. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    I've found it difficult recently in CHCH to get any toy shops interested in anything to do with Star Wars figures, even after explaining that Hasbro has apparantly changed recently. I know of one that is sort of scared off after going to the toy show before Episode 1, he said that the order forms weren't flexable enough and minimum orders started at five thousand! But sure enough when Ep 2 arrives everyone will jump on the mass-marketed wagon.

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Toyworld has some Star Wars Lego on sale:

Technic Destroyer Droid - 49.95
    Technic Battle Droid - 29.95
    Technic Pit Droid - 19.95

12. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Which city and branch are you talking about? I still haven't got the Destroyer Droid.

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    It should be any Toyworld - they're having a sale with something like 50% off Lego (I'm not sure if that's all Lego, or just selected sets, ie. old stock).

Off Topic: Thunderbirds are Go!!
    I went into the Warehouse today and found some neat Thunderbirds toys. One each of Thunderbird 1, Thunderbird 3, Thunderbird 5 and Lady Penelope's FAB1 pink Rolls Royce ($19.95 each) and a Thunderbird 2 with cargo pod, Thunderbird 4 and the Mole ($29.95). They all have speech buttons, but it's only slightly better quality than the CommTech chips. There's also a Tracy Island, but I haven't seen that.

Great for a Thunderbirds Fan. :)

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yes, it is at all ToyWorld branches, but it is only selected sets. The only Star Wars sets are the three I mentioned.

The branch I was at was NewMarket, Auckland, and they had 5 or 6 of the Destroyer Droid. Pretty cool - I was going to get one myself, but I already had too much stuff to carry.

For cheap Star Wars lego the other place to go is Deka. They've had 20% off all lego for a while, they may have taken more off for their Queen's birthday sale.

15. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I was at Deka today, and can confirm they have 50% off all Lego for Queen's Birthday. I managed to get the Desert Skiff, but the rest was gone.
    They also had some 15in Jar Jars and Queen Amidala.

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The Warehouse has 50% of the Lego Desert Skiff, Slave One, and Gungan patrol.

17. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    I had a look at the (fairly) new Warehouse down Main North Rd in Christchurch today. Not much there but if anyone is still looking for Cantina Han Solo(Commtech),Greedo(Commtech) there are a couple of each. And they still have a few POTJ Anakin Mechanics, Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi, and Darth Maul Final Duel. If anyones still looking I don't mind picking them up for you.

18. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    jace is that old or young obi wan? cause i was looking for any young obis i could find

19. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    It's the Young Obi the Power of the Jedi one with the full jedi cloak. E-mail me if you want it

20. rhysati_ynr

Sep 3, 2000
    hmm ill think about if its the one with the hood going over his head ill pass we need to pop his head off LOL

21. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You could take the cloak off and he would look like jedi duel Obi (no cloak) except he has a green lightsabre.

22. rhysati_ynr

Sep 3, 2000
    Ty SWNZ :D i didnt know u could do that lol thats awesome!

23. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    He just comes up with something new everyday.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.