main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 4) :)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It's been a while, but I finallyfound something new!!

Bookshops now have the New Jedi Order: Balance Point paperback book in stock. I saw three or four copies in the local Whitcoulls branch.

:)

2. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Oh, darn - the smilies don't work in the topic headings. :(

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I got the idea :D

4. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Balance Point has been in the public libary down here for about 2 months. I have read it twice shocking ending recomend it.

Theres a real cool poster in the comic shop down here its the han and chewie out side the falcon in black and white.

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I got that one on my wall.

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I haven't found anything for a while [face_plain]

7. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    The last thing I found was at a Magic/Joke store in Christchurch. They have these Episode 1 Lightsabers that I haven't seen before. They light up but don't have the sound, and they retract all the way into the handle. Qui-Gon's $29.95 and Darth Maul's $49.95 I think.

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

For some strange reason this new Balance Point book is slightly more epensive than normal - it's $22 instead of the usual $17/$18 price. :(

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    which store are these sabers at, Jace?

10. Drew

Drew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 1998
    Has NZ got the new NJO books yet? I moved to the US from NZ a couple of years ago (I'm a NZer), but when I was down there it always took longer for them to get down there. Just curious to see if they are any quicker now :D

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah i'm pretty sure I've seen them.

Has anyone seen the "Secrets of the Sith" book, I think it's the one that chronicles the history of the Sith order.

12. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    The Lightsabers are at a Magic-come-Joke shop on Columbo St. They are on a cardboard background with blister pack.

I have got 'The Secrets of the Sith' book, but I had to order it in. Its alright but obviously for a younger market.

13. RogueJedi

RogueJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2001
    I got the Maul and Qui-Gon sabers like that.. funny tho.. I payed $10 for them up here in Auckland, The handles are really screwed though

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I stopped by the Toyworld in Newmarket today, and they had heaps of the POTJ fall and winter 2000 action figures, for 21.95 if anyone is still looking for any of those. I picked up a Dagobah Vader and the podrace announcer.

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Rats! I knew I should have stopped in there today as well. :(

ToyWorld at St Lukes (weren't they ToyMagic??) has a mixed collection of figures, including some Tusken Raider Desert Sniper and Mon Calamari Officer figures.

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    There's also a about a dozen ComTech Readers at the Westgate Warehouse (Auckland) for only $8 each. The boxes are pretty bad, but the Readers look OK.

17. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I wonder if its worth checking out the Chch toyworlds, last POTJs they got were wave 1.
    in fact, I think they are still there...

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Buzz, if you do stop by the Newmarket Toyworld, the figures are on the end of a shelf in front of the counter. I didn't notice them there until I was on my way out.

Toyworld do seem to have different stock from store to store. They've got a huge store out at Manukau City shopping centre, but I've never seen any of the POTJ's there.

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, I managed to get a few figures from Manukau City, but that was at least a year ago - I think that was where I found the one and only Expanded Universe figure I've ever seen on shop shelves. I've been back a couple of times since then when visiting the Manukau Warehouse, but never anything new.

There's another fairly big Toyworld in Browns Bay - almost the totally opposite end of Auckland. They only had old stuff last time I checked (including a few 3-packs, "Purchase of the Droids"), but that was a couple of weeks ago.

I'll have to check Newmarket and the two big(ish) ToyWorld shops near me next week, but I think I've managed to find everything from these two latest releases - thanks to SWNZ, K-Mart and Chris Toki.

I wish I knew where the ToyMagic shops are. They seem to have disappeared around here (mostly changed back to ToyWorld), but I've still got a small pile of $2-off coupons that have no expiry date. :(

20. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Toymagic in Royal oak now gone some crappy $2 shop there now
    a pity really
    Didn't see many Star wars figures last time i went into Toyworld Newmarket think i was looking in the wrong place

21. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Ive come to the conclusion that Chch Toyworlds suck.

(Im working on the theory that if I slag them off enough, they'll get some toys. Hey, it worked for K-mart!)

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry Chansplace, but after a quick trip around three of the many Auckland ToyWorld branches, here's what I found ...

Newmarket
    A few newish figures, but mainly the older "new" ones like the Battle Droid (Boomer Damage) and Anakin (Mechanic). Nothing exciting, so maybe others beat me to them.

Glenfield
    Quite a bit of "new" stock for them anyway, including two Darth Vader (Dagobah), two Jek Porkins, two Qui-Gon (Mos Espa), Fode & Bede and one Coruscant Guard. I even managed to get a Gungan Warrior, but that was the last one. The rest are fairly typical of the older "new" figures that seem to be appearing - Anakin (Mechanic), Battle Droid (Boomer Damage), Scout Troopers, Sebulba, etc. Might be worth a visit if you're still looking for the slightly older figures.

Browns Bay
    Absolutely NO new figures here, just quite a few really old ones that they've had for a long time: Queen Amidala (Corscant), Queen Amidala (Naboo), Luke Skywalker (with T16), etc. and a couple of 3-packs for Purchase of the Droids and Mos Espa Encounter, and a few Episode I Micromachines packs and die-cast. They even still have a couple of REALLY old ones: Princess Leia (Ewok Celebration with slide) and Princess Leia/Han Solo 2-pack.

Two out of three had "new" stock (plus St Lukes on Friday), so it might be worth dropping in to your local Toyworld just in case. All the figures are priced at about $22.

I'll try and get out to Manukau and perhaps a couple of other bigger branches later in the week.

23. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Wellington City TW has a few new ones too. Aurra sing, Obi, Qui gon, sebulba and boss nass plus a few "new" ones like boomer damage droid. $19.99

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey, that's not fair. Why are they $2 cheaper?? :eek:

Maybe it's only the newer ones that are $22 and the older ones are $20. I'll have to double-check that tomorrow.

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It's amazing what you can buy for $2 these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.