main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 4) :)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That lowly $2 saving means that for every 10 figures I buy, you can buy 11. :(

Some of the local PaperPlus branches seem to have a few Star Wars books on their "Bargin" tables. I've seen copies of the Episode I novel and a couple from the X-Wing series and New Jedi Order series. They're on the "$5.95 each or 3 for $15" tables.

Might be worth a look if you didn't want to buy them full price - yet more savings for any new figures that come along. :D

2. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Check out DEKA in Manukau City it has some star wars stuff marked right down
    it has heaps of accessory packs/sticker/pencil case etc

Mostly TPM stuff but the accessory stuff can give you extra weapons and stuff to customise with.
    think they were selling for $2.50

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    DEKA Bush Inn has heaps of cheap E1 stuff too, $3 mugs among other things. that is if the store is still there, I know DEKA riccarton has been replaced by Farmers.

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Wellington City Toy world has heaps of new figures. Most figures I've seen on shelves for a long time.

5. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Sorry, not in NZ but I recently found Luke X-Wing, Han Death Star Escape, Vader Emperor's Wrath, Shmi and Obi-dark kenobi in Singapore and I bought them all except Obi. EPI stuffs just ain't getting into me anymore.

I also bought a B-Wing back even though I don't usually collect SW Starships. Damn the Japanese Mag which shows a cool pict of the B-Wing and gets my mind thinking :(

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I just picked up a copy of the Battle for Naboo computer game (Windows PC) from the Warehouse for $40 - that's under half the price of what they're selling it for in computer shops.

The one I bought was the only copy I could see at the Birkenhead branch, so it may be hard to find.

7. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    found the ESB soundtrack at Cash Converters for $9, I already have it. anyone else want it?

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

The Warehouse in Albany (Auckland) has 5 or 6 copies of the "Battle for Naboo" computer game (Windows PC) for $40.

Also, the latest issue of the UK's bi-monthly "Star Wars" magazine is out in PaperPlus shops and probably others too - although we missed an issue for some strange reason (and my UK Mac magazine).

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    They go tlots and lots of uk card accessory packs at deka for $2.50

10. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    what is this UK SW magazine you are talking about, Buzz?

and are those the european card accessory packs, Ace?

11. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    yes i am sureconsidering they got uk german france and some other european languages on them.

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    The UK magazine is an official bi-monthly magazine that's just called "Star Wars" published by Titan Magazines. They also do a monthly Star Trek one and various other ones (X-Files, Buffy, Farscape, etc.), but I've only seen Star Trek and Star Wars - not that I'd actually be looking for any of the others. I've seen them at a couple of PaperPlus/Power branches here in Auckland.

This is only the second issue that I've seen here, but it's actually numbered #33, June/July 2001 - I think it only arrived on the shelves late last week. It's got a picture of Darth Vader, the Emperor and "Ian ' Chancellor' McDiarmid" on the front. It's only about 66 pages long (full colour), but costs a rather expensive $16.45. :(

This issue's got an interview with Ian McDiarmid, "Latest Episode II News" and an article about "20 Years of Trading Cards" in it (among other stuff like book reviews, toy "news", etc.).

It's perhpas aimed at a younger audience, but it's not too bad - although the competitions have long closed (as usual). :(

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I'll have to look out for it.
    last mag I saw on shelf was the SW collector mag, but they dont bring it in anymore.

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I have seen the "Star Trek" version in Whitcoulls branches before, but that's a monthly magazine. I haven't noticed the "Star Wars" one there, but then this is only the second bi-monthly issue to get here.

There's was a little bit of info at http://www.galacticempire.net/features/uk_mag/swm.shtml . Issue #33 is the one that's just arrived here.

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Yesterday I popped into the big bookshops in the central city (Auckland) on the way past to check for anything new and found that both Dymocks and Borders had copies of two new paperback novels ...
    • The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I - Conquest

• The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II - Rebirth

Watch out though! Dymocks is charging $22 while Borders was only $20 - there's that $2 saving again. Luckily I went to the cheaper one first - for a change. :)

Dymocks also had a few hardback copies of another new book, Cloak of Deception, and one hardback copy of Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (which I also saw one copy of at the Bennetts branch in Manukau City).

Other bookshops are usually a few weeks behind, so look in once and a while.

I also wandered through the arcade games that are part of the maze-like IMAX complex. They had an Episode I pinball machine and a Star Wars Trilogy sit-in game. I didn't have time to stop and play though, not that I'd be any good at either.

As Farmboynz said above, Deka in Manukau City has TONS of Episode I 3 3/4" figure Accessory Packs, sticker packs, and pencil cases going cheap. They also have a few other Episode I bits 'n' pieces: coloring books, story books, and the Cross-section books (damaged). It looks like they're selling off everything ready to close down the store. Not much at the Manukau City Toyworld or Warehouse though.

16. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    >I also wandered through the arcade games that are part of the maze-like IMAX complex. They >had an Episode I pinball machine and a Star Wars Trilogy sit-in game.

I sometimes play pool there, the pool tables are opposite the Star Wars arcade game. It looks really great . . . some awesome graphics. I've never played it myself though, but I often watch other people play it while waiting for a pool table.

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I only had time to watch a couple of TIE fighters launching from a hangar bay, but it looked pretty good - pity I'd probably last about ten seconds. :(

Today I saw some paperback copies of the New Jedi Order: Conquest II - Rebirth book in a Whitcoulls branch, so they must be appearing in "normal" bookshops too.

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Is that the arcade game where 3p0 and akbar speak japanse if so i spent two hours in it in duniden a nearly finished it till unlimted time ran out.

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    just checked out K-mart, not much left but some new ones turned up:
    jek porkins
    Battle droid boomer damage
    Han Bespin
    also a few more Qui gonn jedi armors.

which leads me to believe there are more of them, better conduct a search of the surrounding area.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I was at K-mart St Lukes today, and they had quite a few POTJs left, heaps of scouttroopers and Han on bespin.

They also had a few IG-88s, Mas Amedda (sp?), and K-3PO.

And in other news they were putting out christmas trees and decorations for sale! Come on people, the christmas season starts on December 1, not before, not after.

21. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Got a swoop for $5 at farmers box was trucked.

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    K-Mart might be starting their Christmas season early because they're closing down??

Last I heard the Powers-that-be had made a decision about NZ K-Mart stores, but it was being kept hush-hush. The Warehouse had dropped the idea of taking over the stores though.

Then again, the Christmas RETAIL season starts just after New Year's Day doesn't it? :)

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I really hope they're not going to close before Christmas, I love K-mart. Especially their 15% off days.

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    ** THE Ultimate Star Wars Collectible ** :D

Or at least one of them.

Someone on the TradeMe auction website is trying to sell off a 6foot Millennium Falcon (buyer to collect from Hamilton). The bidding startsat $700.

More details here

I'd love to have it, but it's way too big and expensive. :(

It's even more desirable than the life-size Yoda on the SWNZ website classifieds section.

25. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Saw that
    would love to have it also but the price tags a bit high for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.