main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 4) :)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I found some more "collectibles" for those with DEEP pockets ... Pewter Sculptures

Not only do they cost lots to buy, you've then got to pay lots more in shipping because they weigh so much.

:(

2. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    nice can imagine the postage being a nice price too.

saw on trademe this morning someone trying to sell the plate KENOBI

nice starting price too

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
  4. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    first, the story...
    last week i stopped on the street to rip down one of the TV3 advertising posters for the SW saga. I ended up ripping it in the process, so Obi jace and I concieved a plan to go back a few days later armed with knives and dark glasses. by the time we returned, they had been plastered over.

Jace then came up ith the brilliant idea of calling Phantom bill posters (0800 PHANTOM) to see if they had any left. they were nice enough to give us one of each (4 different posters).
    If anybody wants them, I suggest give them a call.

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Classic i could c u to doing something like that.

6. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    so the covert mission has finished damm i wanted to be part of that.

have to put the dark sunnies & black overalls away for the time being

7. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah, pity. it would have been fun.
    I was wrong we only got 3 different posters.

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I've found a couple of small shops here in Auckland that might be worth keeping an eye on if you live/work nearby.

Gotham Comics
    264 The Mall, Onehunga
    This shop obviously has mainly comics (or "Graphic Novels" if you prefer), including quite a few Star Wars ones, but they also have some figures and models for various movies/TV shows. I managed to get a couple of older Star Wars figures and they did have the 12" Luke & Han Stormtrooper Disguise set and few old 3 3/4" figures, including a PotJ2 Luke Skywalker (X-wing) for $30. There's a bus stop right outside, so you may miss seeing it if a bus is parked there.

Historic Games
    469 Khyber Pass Road, Newmarket
    Not too far to walk from the ToyWorld branch - just almost the other end of the road.:)
    This small shop mainly does war gaming stuff (eg. War Hammer, WWII, etc.) and gaming cards (including one pack of Star Wars cards), but they also have a few 3 3/4" figures. Nothing too exciting there yesterday, just a couple of Mon Calamari Officer, Han Solo (Bespin Escape) and Battledroid (Boomer Damage), but at least it's another shop with new figures which might be handy when the next release appears.

Acorn Models
    138 Great North Road, Grey Lynn
    There's a few Star Wars model kitsets here. Some smaller ones (AT-AT, AT-ST and STAP) for about $25, and a couple of bigger ones (Star Destroyer, Death Star and TIE Fighter) at about $50.

There's a similar model shop in Birkenhead too - or at least there used to be, but I haven't been there in quite a while.

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    wat pack of cards.

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm not sure what Star Wars cards they were. Sorry. :(

They were packed in a wrapper, just like the Pokemon ones I see in all the Whitcoulls branches, so I'm assuming they were for one of those trading card games.

11. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    never mind im going to duniden tommorow and im spending 200 on card or maybe toys most likly cards.

12. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    some people have too much money to spend.

we only have one comic shop here, Comics compulsion. they get lots of SW books and comics, but no figures (although they do have the buffy figures)

13. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I think the little figures in Star Wars monopoly were Pewter. BTW, does anyone have that? We could have a big NZ fanforce Star Wars monopoly showdown :D

14. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Picked up some Galaxy Quest bootleg figures at the $2 shop last week. Got Chewy, SoTE Chewy and Han. Have to go back and see if I can find Darth.

15. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    toyworld has some lego on special:
    Trade fed MTT
    Wattos junkyard (i think)
    technic destroyer droid
    Toyworld in riccarton also had the millenium falcon for $190 (normally $280!!) but thats still too much for me. why does lego cost so much?

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Lego has ALWAYS been expensive here. :(
    Part of it is paying the shipping, but some of it seems to be paying for the "Lego" brand.

Dick Smith has had a some money off the Droid Mindstorm sets recently, but I don't know when that ends/ended.

What do these "bootleg" figures look like. I visited a $2 shop not long ago, but couldn't see any. Maybe they aren't available up here in Auckland. :(

17. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    In dunedin i spent $60 on cards I got the book Star Wars the essentil guide to weapons and devices and also a bespin escape leia.

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I stopped off at a Warehouse branch today. No new Star Wars stuff, but they've alreadygot "Lord of the Rings (Episode I)" figures on the shelves. :eek:

They're made by the same people as the "Planet of the Apes" figures, so they are about 1.5 times the size of the Star Wars figures, but only cost $19. :(

19. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Kind of reminds me of all the Harry Potter toys around. Merchandising a book . . . it just seems kind of weird to me.

[old timers voice] They never did that in my day! [/old timers voice]

Imagine if they'd merchandized Charles Dickens or Shakespeare:

Line up and buy your own Hamlet action figure . . . comes with Yorick's skull! Now you can re-inact all your favourite Hamlet scenes! Hamlet can't avenge his father's wrongful murder without your help! Comes with commtech chip which says 'To be or not to be?' and 'Alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio'

:D

20. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    whos got LOTR figures????
    I'm there! I wont be aable to sleep tonight...

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

"At The Warehouse, The Warehouse ... where everyone gets a bargin." :D

They've also got those 12" (or so) Dragonball Z figures.

PLUS, for those who don't read the Dark Forces messages ...

Some Star Wars games (Windows versions) have been re-released in "Classic" boxes, so they're all white and requires some digging throught the piles/shelves to find.

If you buy one game for $30 you can send in the receipt to get another one free. I'm not sure if you get a choice or just whatever useless game they've got cluttering the shelves - best to read the details on the boxes first.

I haven't seen Dark Forces 2, but I have seen:
    • X-wing alliance

• X-wing vs TIE Fighter

• Force Commander

• The Phantom Menace

They're available at The Warehouse and also other places that sell games like Noel Leemings, Bond 'n' Bond, Dick Smith, Electronic Boutique, Central Park, etc.

Also at The Warehouse I've seen "Rebellion" and "Battle for Naboo" (in normal boxes, not "Classic" ones). The "Battle for Naboo" is WAY cheaper than at those other stores.

Kitt327, "favourite" and "Shakespeare" do NOT belong in the same sentence/message - that's one of those oxymoron things. :)

I'm still waiting for my "Ug the Caveman" figures that come with extras to re-inact the invention of fire and the wheel. :(

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I just visited another Warehouse branch, and they had both "Dark Forces II" and "Racer" in the 'Classic' boxes.

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    just got me a Gandalf!

24. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Gandalf the White or Gandalf the Grey?

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Give it a few years in the sun and no doubt it'll be Gandalf the Yellowed. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.