main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 4) :)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I just got my new issue of the UK Star Wars magazine (Aug/Sept) - a bit quick for a bi-monthly, but I'm not going to complain (especially as we missed one issue).

This time it's got ...
    • DVD "news"

• Episode II Speeder

• More Episode II photos (probably off starwars.com)

• Article/interview with Pernilla August (Shimi Skywalker)

• Interview with Ben Burt (sound designer for the Star Wars saga)

• Interview with Eric Walker (Mace Towani in the Ewok movies)

• Poster of Episode II Obi-Wan

• Top Ten Star Wars Droids - guess which duo wins

• Report onall the Star Wars computer games announced at the E3 expo in the US

• Review of The Queen's Gambit board game

• plus the usual letters to the editor, etc.

:)

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I was in Real Groovy Records today, and they had the November issue of Empire. It was the airfreighted edition, so it should be appearing in other stores cheaper fairly soon.

It had a three page interview with Mark Hamill, and with George Lucas about the DVD, as well as quite a lot of stuff on the DVD. This was also the issue where they did the ultimate movie poll, and Star Wars was 1, ESB was no 2.

Empire is a great movie magazine, I usually get it from the library, but I like to get it when they have Star Wars stuff.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    more finds from the dank dark south:

Found a store that stocks the star wars magazine, a bookshop in the triangle centre. $16.95 an issue.

Toyworld Riccarton:
    lego B-wing $50
    Tie fighter (with stormtrooper and tie pilot figs!) $30
    they also had the collectors Xwing ($399) and tie interceptor ($289)

K mart:
    han bespin wave on shelf (all scout troopers were gone, *sniff*)
    heaps of lego B-wings also @ $50 each,
    and the droids with escape pod for $14.

also saw the new Art of Episode 1 calendar, pretty cool but I think I'll wait for the 1/2 price sale!

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    You're still looking for a Scout Trooper?? The regular old PotJ Scout Trooper??

I'm sure I've seen a couple somewhere in my recent travels, but I can't remember where. If you are wanting one I'll keep a look out.

That UK Star Wars magazine is pretty good, if expensive (although being sea-shipped, it's a little bit behind the Internet). Looking at the back issues page, they sometimes do an issue with two different covers (like the TPM hardback novel) - one "good guys" and one "baddies".

I've only just started reading my copy this morning. I haven't got up to the review of the Queen's Gambit game, but the picture makes it look like it's VERY complex.

I used to be able to get the calendars for half price as soon as they were released, but now I have to wait until the day after Xmas like everyone else. :(

5. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I've already got 2 scout troopers, I just think theyre cool and wish I had an army of 'em.

yeah, the SW mag is a bit expensive, trying to decide whether to get it or pick up another LOTR figure!

6. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    picked up an ex rental from the Video ezy sale: Caravan of courage. yes, the one with the little furry things.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    RATS!! RATS!! RATS!! RATS!!

I knew I should have gone to see what was there.

:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.