main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 5) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

My mum goes to the Takapuna (Auckland) markets on Sunday mornings and evidently there were some Star wars figures there this morning - including some of the Episode II figures. They were brand new in their packs, but I'm not sure which ones or how much they were (I was told vaguely $17/$18).

Anyone interested might have to get up early next Sunday to go see. :)

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I wanna go to that market!

The only SW stuff at the Riccarton market is a couple of boxed mini rigs @ $65 each!

lots of other toys though :D
    Hey buzz, there were some Thunderbirds vehicles going for about $10, die casts I think.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I don't know if there's Star Wars there every week. This is the first time mum's said anything about figures being there. She did get me an R2 Carry Case a while back, but that was second hand and missing it's rolling Destroyer Droid.

She got some soft toys with springy middles that make sounds when they bounce (to hang over a toddler's/baby's bed) for only $5 each. When sitting "unstrecthed", they're a good 8" in size.

Those Thunderbirds vehicles could be old ("vintage"?) ones. The new small talking ones are mainly plastic. :(

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I could say something about being 8 inches when unstreched, but I'm not going to :)

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Invers has ep2 preview figs

Warehouse 17 each aboot 5 of each
    Farmers 19 each abbot 5 of each

got me a jango

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Farmers is having an Easter sale with 15% off toys - not sure what dates, but probably the two non-statutory days this long weekend.

They never seem to have Star Wars figures, although Acerimmerrocks just said they've got the Episode II ones, but they do often have the smaller Star Wars Lego sets and Transformers.

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    They also have most of the new star wars lego set farmers does

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The Attack of the Clones LEGO, ACE? :eek:

9. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    I've found cheap SW things at that Riccarton market everytime I've been. Got a vintage stormtrooper in very good condition for $1, an original copy of the ESB book for $1.50, a 1997 Han Solo figural mug, a Darth Maul money bank...etc etc. It just takes a lot of looking :)

Episode II toys are being released before their street date in the US. Wonder if anything like that will happen here...

10. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    just the new stuff thats been at toyworld etc

11. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Yeah, I found a few SW things at the market, but not much recently. quite a few other toys though. :)

12. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    K-mart has just got a heap of figures in,
    just the 25th anniversary sets, and countless bo shek wave figures.

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

It's been a while (I had to go back four pages to find this topic), but I dropped by the Albany (Auckland) branch of the Warehouse on the way home and found they had the Star Wars version of the Life board game ($79.99).

No new Star Wars books at the book shops though. :(

14. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
  15. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Trademe rocks i use it heaps good for getting transformers and warhammer cheap also i scaulp dbz cards on it

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Farmers is having a Queen's Birthday Weekend sale with 15% off toys. No doubt K-Mart and The Warehouse will also be having "sales".

The latest Disk Smith brochure has Jedi Outcast advertised as New for $99.95 - the picture shows the ordinary cardboard box version, not the Collector's Tin one.

:)

17. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    I love my jedi outcast T-shirt, but do not make the mistake I did of taking wearing it when you go to get your poster laminated, I'm almost far too embarassed to ever go back to the stationary warehouse [face_blush]

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    YIPPEE!!!! :D

Jedi Outcast is coming to the Mac!!

Pity my Mac is too slow ... must be time to upgrade it. [face_plain]

PS: Anyone want to buy an unused PC version of Jedi Outcast (Collector's Tin) later this year. ;)

19. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    i might be if the price is write

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Well, let's see. It cost me about $100. By the time the Mac version gets released (which is still an IF at the moment) it'll be worth about $50. So, to you it'll cost just $300. ;)

I'll let you know a proper price - I've got a little (but growing) pile of Star Wars stuff to sell off once I get time to sort it out. :(

I stopped off at the Whitcoulls branch in Albany (Auckland) last night and spotted a new Star Wars novel ($21.99)...
    Star Wars: The New Jedi Order - Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
    (these titles are getting ridiculous! [face_plain] )

It was the only copy there and there weren't any at the Browns Bay branch I stopped at earlier in the afternoon.

I also finally got my two Episode II Visual Dictionary and Cross-section books from the distributors (I had to send one back because it had black marks on some of the pages). :)

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    SEGA Star Wars Arcade game for sale

$5000

[image=http://www.spies.com/arcade/photos/calex99/08.jpg]

It's a 2 player (pilot & gunner) sit down model, similar to the pic above.

It's in a wacky gift shop in Devonport Wharf, Auckland. The shop actually closed last weekend (The Indiana Jones Pinball went for $2,500) at the closing down sale last weekend.

The stuff's still in the shop, and I guess if you found the owner & made a decent offer on the game, you'd probably get it for less than five grand.

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

That's like those 6ft Faclons and Naboo Starfighters - would be great to own, but where could I put them ... not to mention the huge cost of buying and moving/deliering it. :(

23. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I agree

would be great to own

I think i would also see an increase in my power bill

Now i just wish i had the money

24. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    just found some EP1 model kitsets at ironhorse hobbies in christchurch, battle droid with STAP, battle tank, naboo fighters etc

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

More new stuff at the Iconix shop in Hastings ...
    We have just got in this morning the following:
    • $109.95 .. 12" Deluxe Jango (this is way cool, so many Extras)
    • $41.95 .... 7" Darth Maul
    • $41.95 .... 7" Jango
    The 7" figures all have damaged cards due to the way Hasbro have packed them,they are pretty bad really. I can't do much about this.

Nothing wrong with the 12 inch Jango boxes.

I've ordered mine, but you probably need to be quick to get these - there aren't that many of them. The 12" Jango is the "Ulitmate" one with the removable armour, etc.

They've also got ONE of each of these figures ...
    • $75.95 .... EP1 Mega-Collectible: Qui-Gon Jinn
    • $84.95 .... EP1 Mega-Collectible: Darth Maul

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.