1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 5) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I meant to say that there's still no sign of the Acklay beast. :(
  2. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    * KAPOW!!! * {lightning bolt hits SimplyThrilledHoney}

Thou must not anger the God Buzz by getting to the local ToyWorld before him.

Did you not read my post? Are you selectively blind?

bah!

[image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020629190555.jpg][image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020629190555.jpg][image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020629190555.jpg]

YOU ARE NOT GOD

:p :D
  3. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

But you were the one who said I was ... I don't know, these worshipping minions are so fickle. Oh well ... {a plague of wetas appears in SithForceLords bedroom}

:p

I went to the Browns Bay (Auckland) ToyWorld today. For a while they were hopeless at getting new Star Wars stuff, but now they seem to have brought themselves up to speed. Not only do they have a few of the new figures like Han Solo (Endor Raid), Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture), and Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot), and the12" Jango Fett and Unleashed 7" Darth Maul and Jango & Boba Fett.

They've also still got a few of the old Episode I figures, MicroMachines packs and the MicroMachines Podrace track set, plus a couple of the Queen Amidala dolls and the Red Senate Gown 12" collectors figure.

Yet another shop I'll have to keep stopping at to check for new stuff. :)
  4. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

More School Holidays specials: until 14 July Farmers has got 15% off Star Wars Episode II figures and vehicles - so that includes the Jedi Starfighter and the Slave I (and presumably the Reek beast too). :)
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    //likes Weta's//

[image=http://www.eagle.co.nz/flyers/images/Weta.jpg]

6. Drake220 Jedi Padawan

Has anyone seen the latest innovations(sp?)catalogue, they have a AOTC chess set for $150 and a puzzle for $49
  7. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Bah!!!

Warehouse in Dunners has got the AOTC chess set for $99.95 and the "Game of Life" for $79.95.

Chess set looks pretty darn cool.
  8. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bought the Acklay from The Warehouse in Westgate last night. It looks good, but I'm not entirely happ with how it stands up. There are a lot of legs to fiddle with.

They only had one (which I bought) but they are available .... go get'em boy!
  9. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

OK, it looks like it's a tour of North Shore Warehouse branches (and possibly slightly further) is on the schedule for today. :D
  10. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    well I bought the aat model so my weekend will be taken up doing that, just need the gungan sub model to complete my episode 1 collection, please drop me a line if ya see one.
  11. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Is that a "glue all of the table and the cat" model you're after or the die cast toy one??

... did-dit did-dit did-dit did-dit ...

THE WAREHOUSE REPORT

I made a flying visit to all four North Shore (Auckland) branches of the Warehouse this morning - still no sign of the Acklay beast. Milford did have a big truck outside delivering stuff, so maybe it was just arriving.

Nothing new at either Albany or Milford.

Both Birkenhead and Glenfield have ONE Djas Phur figure. Glenfield has ONE Supreme Chancellor Palpatine figure, but Birkenhead had two.

Hidden behind some of the figures at Birkenhead I found about five packs of Star Wars: Episode II Playing Cards (spades, clubs, etc, NOT Trading Cards) for $9.99. They come in a plastic bubble simialr to the LCD games. I haven't opened it yet, but the back of the pack shows Padmé as the Queen of Hearts, Obi-Wan as the Jack of Hearts and Jango Fett as the Jack of spades, and they come with instructions for "six unique Star Wars card games". :)

I didn't see these at Glenfield, but I did see some Lord of the Rings and Spider-Man playing cards made by the same company ($9.99 again).

This has been a special 1,000 post report!

... did-dit did-dit did-dit did-dit ...

:D
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Those big-ass Jango/Boba, Maul & Anakin sculpted figures are at Newmarket warehouse for ~$35 each.

13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6

nice!

Buzz: I made a flying visit to all four North Shore (Auckland) branches of the Warehouse this morning

Telephones are great inventions, no? Why drive everywhere when a phone call is cheaper and quicker?

14. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Other people are too dozy - especially Warehouse people or non-Star Wars people - and the person on the other end of the phone would probably be both. :p

It's MUCH safer to look myself - besides, if I'd phoned I wouldn't have found the playing cards. :)

There's also a couple of the 12" Jango Fetts at Glenfield Warehouse and the 7" Unleashed figures are also at both the Birkenhead and Albany Warehouse branches.

While I was at the Glenfield shops I stopped at the ToyWorld branch and asked them about the poster I saw earlier in the week. The girls there said they "only had one, but you can order them from Hasbro NZ" - which I very much doubt since Hasbro NZ don't do sales to the public (except for the Mace Windu Preview and Muftak & Kabe mail-away figures bbefore Episode I). :(
  15. damolay Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm heading down to Gotham Comics tonite to see what they have in there seeing as its just down the road from me.

Boba Fett for $35 at the Warehouse, what do u mean by sculptured?

Can anyone tell me if they've seen any Lightsabers around anywhere, I'm keen to get my hands on one.

Also, whatever happened to Yaddle in Episode II. Shs there in TPM, but gone in AOTC. U think she was at home looking after the kids that she seduced out of Yoda, then got disbarred from the Jedi Concil & Yoda is like forced to pay some kind of alimony?

One can only speculate.
  16. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    The UK Empire Star Wars issue is out. But at the store I went to, they only had Padme, and I want Anakin, so I guess I'll have to go on a hunt tomorrow. Some articles are the same as the Aussie edition, and some were different.
  17. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

> Boba Fett for $35 at the Warehouse, what do u mean by sculptured?

These are the 7" Unleashed figures. There are some images HERE (one image near the top, other links at the bottom). Jango & Boba Fett come in the same pack. There's also a Darth Maul figure in this series, and a few others that haven't arrived here yet. [face_plain]

> Can anyone tell me if they've seen any Lightsabers around anywhere, I'm keen to get my hands on one.

Which lightsabers?? The Warehouse, K-Mart and ToyWorld all have the cheapo plastic Hasbro ones with the telescopic "blade" for Anakin and Count Dooku, but I can't remember the price - they're probably not worth the cost though. Wait until the Warehouse or K-Mart has them on sale. :)

> Also, whatever happened to Yaddle in Episode II. Shs there in TPM, but gone in AOTC. U think she was at home looking after the kids that
    > she seduced out of Yoda, then got disbarred from the Jedi Concil & Yoda is like forced to pay some kind of alimony?

Errr ... no.

Yoda (and a couple of others) are permanent members of the Jedi Council. The rest of the Council members only serve for a limited time. Yaddle is one of these. During Episode II she is probably off elsewhere in the galaxy busy with other Jedi tasks. :)

Kitt327
    I don't know if this is the same Empire magazine you're talking about, but you can win some HERE. :)

18. damolay Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm very impressed with your wealth of knowledge Ewok.

That Jango 7", its kinda hard to see what position he's in. Can u move him around & stuff??

How many different Jango figures are available in NZ-any price.

yeha thanks for the heads up on Lightsabers, they are pretty darn crappy & plastic.
    When I have a spare $169NZD I'll order an Anakin FX Lightsaber from http://www.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/productsanakinfxsaber.asp?sid=

Now thats what I'm talking about.

What shop in Auckland has the best range of Star Wars collectibles?
  19. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    the jedi council member yarell poff i think is the fella with the tall neck jango fett killed him in a comic that took place between ep1 and ep2
  20. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Err ... yeah. I'm not sure where Yarell Poff comes in, but he was killed in some comic or other. ?[face_plain]

> That Jango 7", its kinda hard to see what position he's in. Can u move him around & stuff??

I'm not sure, I haven't opened mine up yet.

> How many different Jango figures are available in NZ-any price.

OK, if you can find them still there's ...
    • 3 3/4" Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
    • 3 3/4" Jango Fett (Final Battle)
    • 3 3/4" Deluxe Jango Fett
    • 7" Unleashed Jango & Boba Fett
    • 12" Jango Fett

> What shop in Auckland has the best range of Star Wars collectibles?

At the moment it seems to be the Warehouse or ToyWorld branches that seem the most up-to-date, but stock varies from branch to branch. Then there's always the great Iconix shop in Hastings that does mail orders. :)
  21. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't really follow this thread, but Star Wars Ep2 Chess Sets are now available!

:D
  22. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Yep, I saw/reported them week before last, but I've only seen them in one Warehouse branch so far. Albany (Auckland) had three, which all disappeaered, and then one reappeared, but had been opened and a bit damaged - at $100 I expect perfection. :p
  23. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone know about the Farmers Yoda lego keyring deal? buy any star wars lego product and get a free yoda keyring. :)
  24. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew I should've waited when I got that Lego DV/Palpy set. :(
  25. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    Is that a "glue all of the table and the cat" model you're after or the die cast toy one??

the first kind but I'm not sure if they actually made one?
    I'll post some photos of the rest of my creations as soon as I get my hands on a digital camera
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.