main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Latest Finds (part 5) :o)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I found one of those teener bopper poster mags in Foodtown called Big Hits were having a Star Wars special. Worth grabbing because it contains several full-size ep 2 posters, including Padme and Anakin (Padme in the blue dress -midrif), Anakin and Obiwan (montage) and smaller A3 sized ones featuring Padme in the black leather dress and Jango Fett. Costs about 6.95 I think.

2. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Hey Buzz. When you say MANY Ep2 Figures, dide you happen to notice any Yoda Episode II Figures?

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Nope, no Yoda that I saw, but there may have been one buried under the other figures - I did look through some of the pegs, but there were LOTS of them.

I've been told that they had some of the harder to find figures, including Yoda, at the independant toy shop in Devonport, but that was over a week ago.

The other choice is the Iconix Webstore in Hastings - they've definitely got Yoda on their website for $20.
    http://shopiconix.com/xurl/PageID/662/function/viewprd/prd_id/45491/index.html

:)

4. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Cheers for the heads up Buzz.

Just ordered it. :D

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Did you mention my name? If you do you get a 10% INCREASE in price. :p

6. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Damn! .... oops I mean yay!

Do you or does anyone else know where I can get my filthy mits on a Padme Arena Escape Figure?
    The one at Iconix has been sold for ages.

Cheers.

If I cant have the real Natalie, I may aswell have her action figure. [face_mischief]

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've seem them around various places. There's possibly some at the St Lukes K-Mart, but I can't remember now - sorry. :(

Best to try places like K-Mart and Toyword branches since all the Warehouse branches are pretty low on stock (although some may still have that figure too).

Edit:
    There's always the newly released 7" Unleashed Padmé figure, but I doubt we'll get these here. :(

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    padme arenas are pegwarmers here

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I stopped off at the Sunnynook PaperPlus shop on the way home (to pick up my Mac magazine) and saw thay had a copy of the newish New Jedi Order book Rebel Dream on the bargin table outside for $5.95 (or three books for $15).

Might be worth checking other bookshop bargin tables if you're looking for this book at a cheaper price. :)

10. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Now that a saucy padme figure buzz!! on the subject of unleashed have seen the boba and jango and darth maul ones in the warehouse down here.

11. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    WOOHOO! finally found me a yoda! now I'm having the "should I open it" dilemma!! any one know a way to open them and re-seal them?

12. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    three words Darth_Graal .....

"IT'S A TOY."

Lawrence

13. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    yeah but when I look at the prices for original figures MIP I had as a kid It just about makes me sick!!

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I think the price for the newer carded figures is over inflated and will drop. in the 70's/80's kids bought these figures as toys, and almost everyone played with them. Hence the rarity of the older carded figured. (I found a '77 carded Greedo in mint condition for $10 at a garage sale!) Nowadays, every man and his dog is buying them as an "investment", and I can see the bottom dropping out of the market after Ep III comes out.

Just my opinion .... Yoda looks *great* out of the pack, and he's fun to play with :)

Lawrence

15. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Don't give in to the Dark Side...

16. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    ive keept a couple of my newer saga figures on card recently because they i already have about 3 of that character and the action features suck and make the figs look retarded

17. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Well me and my family are going over to Ozzy on september the 2 and flying back on september the 11 (Shudder) and my parents are giving me 250 dollars spending money so i figure ill spend 230 of it on star wars stuff!!!!!1

18. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    YOUAGAIN .... you're not going to Sydney are you? if so, make your parents change their flights!

If you leave Australia on the 11th, you'll miss the "Star Wars Magic Of Myth" exhibition by only ONE WEEK!

See below .....

Star Wars: The Magic of Myth

18 September 2002 - 2 February 2003

One of the most visited Smithsonian Institution exhibitions of all time arrives at the Powerhouse Museum - the only Australian venue for this prestigious exhibition tour. Star Wars: The Magic of Myth showcases artwork, props, models, costumes and characters used in the original Star Wars trilogy - Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. For this exhibition, artefacts from Episode I: The Phantom Menace and the latest film Episode II: Attack of the Clones will also be featured.

19. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP damn they allready booked with the motel and all

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Well, your $230 might pay for an extra week in the motel. :)

Just remember to bring back presents for all of us. ;)

21. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    lol :) im not actually going to sydney im going to the gold cost

22. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Then just add a 100 bucks on for the bus ride

Kids

think outside the square

so what are you bring us back Youagain?

23. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    um plently of photos (i got my early birthday present a new $250 digital camera it stores 180 photos)

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Not a Star Wars "find" :( , but I see the Warehouse has got the Back to the Future trilogy sets in-store. The DVD set is $60 and the VHS set for $40 - plus they're running a competition to win a trip to the Back to the Future theme park ride in America. :)

25. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    anyone looking for star wars models have found these at a wellington store.
    models and hobbies

just use the search bar as direct link doesn't work!

they have the animated x-wing I'm currently building but I only paid about 1/3 of the price they have it for (Yay Ebay!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.