main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

latest finds

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by DarthBrett, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    2 so far, but my birthday is in a few days... :D

2. Darth_Metus

Darth_Metus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Where are you guys picking up the VOTC RotJ wave at? I wouldn't mind getting a couple Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, and Chewie...

DM

3. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    All online. You can get them on eBay for about 20 right now...

4. DarthBrett

DarthBrett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Ebay? I've found the ROTJ wave several times in stores. Check the Toys R Us on Harbison, I've seen them all there several times. Same with the Toys R Us in Spartanburg and Greenville. I swear, there were probably 10 VOTC Stormtroopers there one day. I even saw the ROTJ wave in a Target the other day. If only the New Hope wave would stop pegwarming the Wal-Marts. I bet they get a lot of the ROTJ wave for Christmas time though. Also, keep checking Amazon.com and Walmart.com, they get almost all the VOTC figures in stock (except 3PO) from time to time.

5. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    :eek:

Retail? WHY DIDN'T YOU REPORT!!!!!!!!

*firebombs SC from space to kill*

6. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    lol I just assumed you were hitting that TRU at Harbison pretty frequently like you usually do. I'd keep checking all of them, it seems like a lot of TRU's are getting the ROTJ wave in big numbers now.

7. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    I need to get to a TRU tommorow...

8. DarkKnight_03

DarkKnight_03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2003
    Has anyone seen the Imperial Scanning Trooper, biker scout, slave leia, and Garm. guard lately?

9. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    I've seen all those plus the transitional wave at several TRU's. They had multiples of the whole trans. wave today at the Harbison TRU. I'm still looking for the last 2 Unleashed for the year: Vader and Dooku.

Anyone see that list of figures on Galactic Hunter? The numbering goes all the way up to 66...going to be a very very expensive year.

10. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    Anyone found the Cantina Wave? My computer's been messed up for a couple of weeks so I've been out of the loop. I didn't think they were supposed to hit until the new year. Looks like I was wrong. I hope I didn't miss these figures, but it looks like I may have, considering everyone is clearing all their stock here lately.

11. DarkKnight_03

Nov 12, 2003
    I just found the cantina wave at target on Garners Ferry. They had at least one more set.

12. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    argh.....just made my trip to columbia yesterday. hopefully there will be some in stock in a week or so when school starts back.

13. DarkKnight_03

Nov 12, 2003
    Wal-mart on garners ferry had new figures also today(Pablo-Jill,sly moore,Yaura and more). Would someone please pick up a imperial scanner if you find them? I need three?:>

14. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    Found the entire post OTC wave (except for the repacked Sandrooper) at the Greenville Target.

Also, DSF, I trust you've seen this:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85688AA

15. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    And I trust you realise I've been sick with the thought of actually paying $300 bucks for 48 of them...so I'm going to get the pack for $120, or atleast I'm thinking right now.

16. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    Yeah, the price disgusts me too. I just decided to get one of each except for the plain white clones. I ended up paying close to a $120 for that though, after shipping. I should have just gotten that one in the first place. The bad thing is that we're going to have to build entire new armies of ROTS clones...

17. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    Yeah...but you can always think that the Republic sold it's old equipment to local planetary forces and so you can have a planetary force fight alongside the Galactic force...I got nothing. :p

18. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    I found this and thought you guys might be interested in what it says...sounds pretty cool to me.

I found this at another site. Thought I should share it just in case we decide to get involved.

Quote:
    Here's an e-mail that was sent to Star Wars licensees last week. Looks like Wal-Mart is banking on this franchise more than ever this year:

Star Wars Licensees,

Happy New Year to all! I wanted to update you on our retail efforts with Wal-Mart. As I have mentioned before, Star Wars is the number one license for 2005 at Wal-Mart. To help support this claim, Star Wars will have the biggest retailtainment event ever seen at Wal-Mart. I have attached a deck that illustrates exactly what we will be doing starting April 2nd and running through the end of May. I think you will agree that this program has never been seen before at any retailer for any entertainment property.

Each and every one of these elements have been approved by Wal-Mart's Marketing Department, as well as the senior executives that make up their Proto Review Committee. To give you a brief overview to go along with the attached deck, here are the top-line details:

* In all Wal-Mart stores we will "Celebrate the Saga" with specially developed interactive character displays revealing fun facts about our Star Wars characters and secret internet codes driving fans back to walmart.starwars.com for more interactive fun. In-store graphics and these interactive events will start on April 2nd and stay in all stores until the end of May. We will also drive traffic back into the stores on May 5th to see exclusive movie footage in Wal-Mart electronic department.

* In 400 of the top Wal-Mart stores we will be doing a plus-up event called "48 Hours of the Force". This is the ultimate fan celebration that will take place in the parking lot of Wal-Mart stores. We will construct a 30 x 60 4 sided tent where we will sell Star Wars products. We will have cash registers and Wal-Mart employees outside for customers to purchase Star Wars items. We will have a staff there to sample and demonstrate different products. We will have a radio remote in each market broadcasting from the event to alert customers. We will have costume contests, photo opportunities and other fun interactive events for both April 2nd and 3rd. All of our top Licensees and Promotional Partners have committed to this program, but we still have space available under the tent for you to sell your products. You can have product on a pallet, a half pallet or set up any display device that would work for your products. Should you be interested, please contact me immediately to discuss the costs associated with this program and available space. This is going to be a huge event and we would like to involve as many of our Licensees as we can!

* For those stores not getting the "48 Hours of the Force" tent event, they will still have a Darth Vader photo opportunity in-stores, as well as "Force Detection Cards" greater gifts that will be handed out in all stores for the April 2nd weekend.

Feel free to pass this information on to your Wal-Mart sales team.

Best regards,

Director of Domestic Licensing & Retail Marketing

If anyone works at a WalMart or knows someone that does, please feel free to post any updates or changes to this.
    Thanks.

19. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    I do in fact know someone who works at the Woodruff Road Wal-Mart, which I figure is this state's best Wal-Mart in terms of sales. Either this one or the one on Harbison. I'll post something if I find anything out at either one, because I go to the Harbison Wal-Mart every weekend.

I hope we do get this, because I don't know if any TRU's are going to do a midnight madness around here. Did they for Episode I or II?

20. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    You got that from GalacticHunter, didn't you?

It sounds pretty cool, and I hope we get it.

21. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Nope. Got it from a super secret location. LOL :D

22. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    Hahahahaha, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. ;)

23. Darth_Yalc

Sep 23, 2002
    Did eveyone pick up their sneak preview figures today?

24. DarthBrett

Oct 2, 2002
    Had to order mine from Amazon, no one down here got them. At least not where I looked anyway.

25. Dark_side_fatty

Oct 26, 2002
    I got them all at the east side Wal-Mart in SPG.

3 wookies total...so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.