main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Latest Post on Top for easy access?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediMaster22, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Hey, I wonder if there is a way for JC to add Latest Posts on the Top (Along with | Logoff | Private Messages 1 New | Search | Options | Help | Translation | Faces | Markup Codes | Archives | Terms of Service ) for easy access?

Of course, the above is link is actually http://boards.theforce.net/user_posts.asp?usr=235762

The number 235762 is the User ID for me(JediMaster22) only, not you guys (U guys have your own).

Of course, I can bookmark it, but it's just as complicated as going thru my user profile, then that. I Want an EASIER (1-click access)!

Wondering if programming guys at JC can try to fetch that User ID from Cookies, or whenever users logs on then it gets it

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Wondering if programming guys at JC can try to fetch that User ID from Cookies, or whenever users logs on then it gets it

There are no programming guys. Call IGN and ask them to hire zerosleep.

They won't, but you can ask.

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Umm, wouldn't this save only one click of the mouse?

4. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    it's not a programming thing, it's a variable thing. if there's a variable for the user #, then the link can just be something like http://boards.theforce.net/user_posts.asp?usr=%%variableName%%

but if there's not a variable for user number, then it wouldn't work.

but yes, it would only serve ONE click of the mouse

5. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Well, I can just add it to IE's Links (Drag the link) and show it on the toolbar :D

6. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    No, I like it how it is. It gives slightly more motivation to actually reading previous posts before giving your own opinion.
    EDIT: Well I read it wrong, but I still don't understand the point of what you want.

7. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Yes, I would like this alot. I follow up my previous posts often and this would make doing so much easier.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I don't know, maybe its just because I post less then some of you, but I have no problem following up on posts I make. If its a topic I'm interested in contributing in, I remember it and where it was.

I think that having this up there would promote too much, following up only on yuour posts and your threads and would make people less likely to find new threads.

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    It is possible to add something to the end of that part of the top bar, but it would be at the detriment of one of the other links, since there is a limit on the number that can be added (pre-defined by the code).

That said though, there is no variable on the page that would allow for said link to be individualised. I'm sure that given time we could find a way to do it, but to save a single mouse-click when the link to your profile is in that bar anyway? I don't think it's too much trouble to have to find your latest posts via your profile.

10. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Seriously, JM22. It would otherwise take two clicks to get to your latest posts. This is ridiculous.

11. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Well, personally, I consider the way things are right now to be easy access. Click on your profile, and then your posts. Easy as can be. Changing it would be too much work to save one click.

12. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >Seriously, JM22. It would otherwise take two clicks to get to your latest posts. This is ridiculous. <

Well, yeah, if this is going to take a lot of programming on you guys part, then forget about it!!!

I just thought, it would be easy to do... appearantly NOT!

Don't worry, I have it in the 'LINKS' though :) So for me, it's 1-click deal :D

>I think that having this up there would promote too much, following up only on yuour posts and your threads and would make people less likely to find new threads. <

I am not sure what you meant by that ?[face_plain]

13. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    While I'd thought about this and then discarded the idea, might I just point out that in a way, it wouldn't be saving just one click - if you're anything like me, then you'll check your latest posts an average of 10 times a day - so it'd be saving a fair few clicks.

Just a thought however. :)

LittleJedi

14. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    //counts
    There's only 56 different links provided on my page right now, I demand we begin including some that will save me typing their address when I want to check for recent updates! :mad: I suggest

Link # 57
    Link #58
    Link # 59
    and
    link # 60

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    this is an interesting idea.

Now would it be our latest posts or say the last 25 posts in the thread?

16. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "Now would it be our latest posts or say the last 25 posts in the thread?"

Your latest posts always link you directly to the thread, so if you want to see the latest 25 posts, you just do a little scrolling.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.