main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Latino review: JJ Abrams is frontrunner to direct IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it's interesting that in Making's report he wrote that Abrams has been "reviewing" Rian Johnson's work so far.

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    The context of that seems to be to ensure continuity between 7, 8 and 9.

Dewback and Danfromumbrella like this.
  3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Thanks for the clarification.

At any rate, while I think it's awesome JJ is directing VII and think he will do a good job, minus a few things that have me scratching my head, I was hoping Rian would be directing IX. I think he has the gravitas as a director and his work is a little deeper than what JJ does. I think he is the perfect choice to run both VIII and IX. I think JJ as a director is a little more of a blockbuster director for hire than Rian is. I can see Johnson directing a film like THX-1138. He reminds me more of a young Lucas than JJ does in some ways.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  4. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I don't find it amazing at all. Faraci will take anything and everything and report it as the truth (without vetting the source of the leaks) just as a desperate effort to stay relevant.

5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Was anybody ever hoping for Blommkamp? Really enjoyed District 9, Elysium disappointed me a tad. Haven't seen Chappie.

6. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    No.

7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'll say it once and i'll say it again.

Rian and Abrams are really meant for this kinda of series. They will do it justice. Not overhyping or saying it will be the best movies ever or anything just that both people are really well fit for these movies. It will show.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Nope. Nope. And Nope. Might as well get M. Night What's-His-Name or the Wachowski clowns.

9. Flapjack4

Nov 6, 2014
    He seems to be a sci-fi Shymalan. Each film gets progressively worse reviews and box office numbers.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  10. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I honestly didn't get the hate for Chappie.

I enjoyed it.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I should have changed that, really. When I said amazing I didn't mean that it was shocking or unusual. I meant that it was amazingly funny, as I find Faraci to be an unpleasant hypocrite in every way. Maybe the word "hilarious" would have been more fitting. But really, about 85% of what he originally reported on has been proven to be bunk. That's clearly why he doesn't report on Star Wars from his "sources" anymore. I'm sure his ego has taken a battering in the last year.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    As others mentioning here. There will always be some tension. Its good for the creative process too. George Lucas was in constant battles with the studio moguls in the 70s, and he later, as we all know, became something like the worlds biggest independent filmmaker, and could take full control over his own properties. Although Kennedy reports to Alan Horn, it seems to me that Bob Iger is the one who does all the glamour work here. And the one who holds a hand over Kathleen Kennedy and JJ. The diplomatic power person. And yes, also the person literally with enough power control, to force people to work together, or fire them i guess. Iger seems very happy with Star Wars, and i would frankly not be surprised if he is showing up in a cameo in TFA ( that pic from the set with Chewie, hmm), hopefully a very discreet one.

Abrams for Episode 9 makes sense in many terms, and if this is true, it must be a good sign for TFA. Could this be signals that people have seen a successful early edit of the film? Does this mean he have convinced himself that this paid off, now he is able to see the loose ends coming together, and that the whole exhausting and nervous filming process was a good experience after all? Having his family there, in London must have meant a lot too, and this was a main issue for him before agreeing to do TFA. JJ would be interested in finishing a story where he wrote the first chapter and created characters ( as far as we can speculate ), obviously. Never underestimate the power of money too. A better back end deal on the cards?

Danfromumbrella likes this.
  13. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Faraci's a caricature of the "mean geek" archetype. Such an unpleasant person.

Krueger and thejeditraitor like this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    more hilarious is that last year he insulted people here for disagreeing with his stuff.o_O
    Devin Faraci@devincf

Just visited the forums at http://TheForce.net . The actual dumbest people alive post there.

15. Flapjack4

Nov 6, 2014
    'The actual dumbest people alive'.

Okay.

16. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    He hates AICN too, and their talkback forum, and in that case, i agree. Reading their forum makes me puke sometimes. Are we dumb? Sure. Dumb and beautiful. :D

Lando Swarm likes this.
  17. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Is not it strange George Lucas have been deleted. He was not in the filming of the movie. At first he chose the JJ Abrams director. It was then that changed the script. Luke disappeared. What do you think?

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if true i think it's great. i have a great feeling about tfa and j.j.'s abilities.

19. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    The rumor was that Luke died in VII originally, so if anything Luke was saved by Abrams. lol

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think that's a terrible statement and then i realize he's partly correct.

21. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    lol at people actually giving faraci credence.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That happens whenever people here don't respond to info brokers like we are a bunch of girls on the tarmac at JFK while the Beatles are landing. Faraci is particularly cliched in his reactions but, to be fair, he is merely one in a long succession of self-entitled internet messiahs. Don't waste too much energy harping on that.

Krueger, plaidphoenix, Othini and 3 others like this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    What a jerk. If I remember correctly he even insulted the SuperHeroHype forums.

starocean90 likes this.
  24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    yes he did if I also recall right.;)

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  25. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    While this rumor bodes well for the quality of TFA, I'd be disappointed if we don't get a new director for IX. I personally care more about bringing new voices and ideas to the saga than any sort of aesthetic continuity. But I guess maybe with Abrams directing and Johnson writing, IX could combine the best of TFA and VIII, and that might not be the worst way to cap off the trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.