1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Rumor Latino review: JJ Abrams is frontrunner to direct IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Luukeskywalker, Mar 18, 2015.

1. LUH-3417 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm just glad they are back to may releases, love the may release and subsequent summer viewings
  2. DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have no issue with Whedon. I like his storytelling and his characters. He's not a good camera man, by any means. Still it's serviceable enough considering he only has 3 films over 10 years. We much also take into consideration that Avengers was up until release a movie many were worried about, and up until Whedon was announced probably thought was never going to happen anyway. You had to take 4 hero's from different movies,with 4 different tones, and mix them all together. Yet he did it. It was one of the highest grossing movies of that year, has a favorable rep, and has a 92 on RT.

Popular opinion wins there. Which is why he was easly brought back for the sequel. Which going by the previews looks like he's atleast attempting to add some style to his camera work. I like him. He's a perfectionist and doesn't like to screw up. I'd rather trust my film in the hands of that man as opposed to one who just wants to make the best film he/she can make and says the hell with any criticism. That's me though.

He'd make a dark, whitty, character driven Episode 9. I'm sure his name will be floating around for it, but I don't look for those feelers to come out anytime soon. I look for him to make something small next, if anything at all.

In anycase, if Disney is happy with what they see in EP7, then why not bring back JJ? I more glad about them being happy with what they have seen with the film so far, as opposed to him being the director for the last EP.
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  3. The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Didn't he also say TFA might be "awkward" because of the older/returning cast members?
    I have a feeling he just doesn't like Star Wars at all, lol.