main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Latter Galactic Civil War, 13-19 ABY

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ive_Got_Two_Legs, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    The time between the Battle of Orinda in 13 ABY (Pellaeon's first major operation as Imperial commander following Daala's removal) and 19 ABY (the twin battles of Bothawui/Yaga Minor, and following peace treaty) seems to have been pretty quiet in the Galactic Civil War.

Although there were relatively minor/regional incidents in that era, notably the Corellian and Black Fleet crises, I can't really find any examples of New Republic vs. Galactic Empire struggle in that time. Seeing as the Empire went from a good portion of the Galaxy to eight measly Outer Rim sectors in that time, there should be lots of battles.

Surely I'm missing something.

2. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    It isn't that you are missing anything. It is just that those battles haven't bee explored by the various authors.

3. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    By that stage a lot of the empires fleet was destroyed or taken by the NR or indigineous forces. The empire would have been quite stretched into holding all the regions it held at that time. Weren't the Remanants of the Empire fighting amongst themselves still for the spoils? That time in the NR was more about consolidation of its power base, rather than expansionary efforts (which more often than not have come from the defeats of enemies which attacked the NR in the first place, rather than concerted efforts at expansion). At that time, their was no real powerful Imperial willing to risk all to engage the NR in a situation that they would probably lose. I expect that there was minor skirmishes, but nothing major until the return of Thrawn.

4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    these battles have very well been explored. computer games are your answer^^ jedi outcast, jedi academy^^ lots of darksider and imperial trouble. both 14-15 ABY.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

"882 days without a shot fired in anger" leading up to Before the Storm, remember.

Ben-Kilh-Nahm's the best thing in SW ever!

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    no shot fired IN ANGER.. but what with shots fired in hate, or in fun, etc.? :p

or if they said: we arn´t angry about you mislead Imperials, we just want you to join our peace and democracy. and so they attack them with other reasons than anger. (like the US attacked Iraque to bring democracy, not because they were angry at them).

^^

7. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Thrawn was assassinated four years before the Battle of Orinda.

Funny, I forgot all about the Jedi Outcast/Academy games. But the stuff that happened in them couldn't have bene considered that big on galactic scales, since they were settled mainly by either Kyle Katarn or Jaden Korr via one-on-one battling.

8. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    not a big scale when the empire recruits hundreds of force sensitives and creates darksiderarmies, massbattles on korriban, yavin IV and other worlds, etc.? science projectsand rogue squadron in the games, too?

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If there's an untold story of the Civil War, this is it, therefore it won't get told!

JB

10. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I'd be willing to bet that this period gets explored in greater detail in the New Essential Chronlogy.

11. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005

No, I meant the Return of 'Thrawn' in the HOT duology

(Hooray - 100 posts)

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Don't forget that a little over a year before the Peace Accords between the New Republic and the Remnant that Pellaeon's forces took a tremendous beating at the hands of Admiral Ackbar, commanding the Third and Fifth Fleets. According to the Essential Chronology, this major loss of ships and territory was instrumental in convincing Pellaeon to persue peace instead of a final, destructive and suicidal battle.

Alas, we have no book that covers these awesome battles. :(

--Adm. Nick

13. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I believe the dark jedi and all was the work of the splinter Empire Reborn under Lord Hethrir, not Pellaeon's bunch.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't want a bloody chronology summary of these major events, I want an epic tale of the war for the galaxy involving fleets, SSDs, Pellaeon and Ackbar.

Sure, in the absence of that I'll take the chrono info but it's so much less than what could be done with the material.

JB

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Jedi Ben

Yeah, it is a shame. Two full New Republic fleets, led by Admiral Ackbar from the bridge of the SSD Guardian... in other words, every fan boys dream come true. They could totally do this story and incorporate other characters that people are fond of.

For example, Leia Organa Solo is still Chief of State at the time. That means that you can have a scence with her and Han, perhaps before Ackbar departs for the front. Perhaps Luke Skywalker could dispatch a few Jedi to aid Admiral Ackbar in getting intel on Pellaeon's fleet movements. Obviously you would have to include Rogue Squadron and General Antilles, plus you could have some cameos by other favorite characters as well.

If only someone at Del Rey was listening... :(

--Adm. Nick

16. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I hope they won´t do such a thing. as much as I like the characters, some things should stay just references and mystery. if they do it half the fanboys cry out about what they missed, and did wrong. so, no.. already enough fanboys doing that, so lets rest this era in peace. it is good as it is.

17. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Forgot about that. Then again its been a good five years since I read the book.

-The Scummy-

18. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    I don't know of any fans who'd get worked up into a frenxy just because a story was set during the latter Galactic Civil War. If anything, I think a lot of them would welcome a return to the post-ROTJ era, even (or perhaps especially) if it's for a relatively brief time.

But then the Boba freaks would have to demand he be worked into the plot somewhow...

19. The_Red_Blade

The_Red_Blade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    As I've said elsewhere, I would LOVE to see a book writen in this era. In addition to some of the greatest fleet battles never seen (just like nearly all of the Clone Wars), it would provide some context to Peallon's nearly out of the blue desiscion to sur for peace. Also, it would be a golden oppurtunuty to develope the few Jedi generals of the NJO, like Kenth Hamner (who, while a cool concept, I find ill-developed and boring), and to further compare and contrast the way the NJO and OJO Jedi approach war.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Gravlex Med featured some SSD on SSD action. This would, doubtlessly, set the boards afire with length, firepower, and class terminology debates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.