main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Laugh it up Fuzzball

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Last_of_theJedi, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last_of_theJedi

Last_of_theJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Hey this is Han Solo, aka Spencer, ha, anyways, I wanted to say I had a really good time last weekend. The most fun I have had in a long time. I actually felt like I was getting a vacation. It was really good for me. I enjoyed every bit of it. I was really glad to see Anakin and Count Dooku fight. I heard about it last week, and I wanted to see it. I thought the Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi fight was great too. I liked all of it. Hey, is it true that we are going to all make costumes, like Jedi costumes some time? I would like to do that. Oh, I really want to fight. I want to have a fight to practice with someone, but I don't really have anyone to fight with unless Liz or Jerry want to. Well, unless someone else wants to fight with me. I really like it. I was working on something I want to try sometime. To me, the whole numbering thing is a lot like music. You have all your notes in the scale, and you can modify them, and switch them around, bend them, and make them sound so many different ways. Just like the lightsaber fighting, you can switch around combos, and throw in special moves, and whatnot. Anyways, I am a bit of a music fanatic. I was going to major in music, but I had to give it up. I have been playing guitar and bass for about six years, and I really love it. I really like playing the keyboards too, sometimes more than I do the guitar. I like the theory behind it, and it makes me very interested in the theory behind swordfighting. The two are wonderful arts, and I think I would like to enjoy swordfighting as much as I do playing music. I have been practicing on my own a lot, during the week. I just wish I had more to go on when I am by myself. Anyways, I just wanted to say something. so "Don't get excited". (hahahaha) -Spencer, AKA Han Solo

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    wow, spencer - did you drink the WHOLE pot of coffee??? ;)

got to hook you up (just to talk, relax) with my little sister sometime, she's almost 19 and plays piano, flute, trombone, clarinet and a little guitar. she wanted to be a band director but that may have changed by now. oh, and she's a great kid, and so are you, so you would have lots to talk about. :D

and kid, you are going to love your pictures. i do.

3. Last_of_theJedi

Jun 21, 2005
    Ha, yeah, I started editing a picture my sister took of me. I was trying to make it have the Falcon in the background. I think I have it pretty close to looking okay now. Anyways....

4. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    yes yes, Spencer can be a little energetic. We've been talking about forming a star wars band, which would be a funny thing. Are there any other musicians in the group??

5. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    um... not me.

and as for singing, i can't carry a tune in a bucket.

not that i let that stop me... [face_dancing]

6. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    I must say I am the worst bass player in the world. that sorta counts?

7. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    I don't think that's impossible, trust me. I've heard the worst bass player in the world. If you do play bass, and need any help, Spencer is INSANE on musicianship and he could help you I'm sure. Not to puff his ego, but he is, in my opinion, the best musician around here by far. So, yes, that counts.

8. Last_of_theJedi

Jun 21, 2005
    I began playing music in Junior high. I started on the Tenor saxophone. I played from sixth grade to the eigth grade. I remember playing a star wars song too, hah. I joined a "band" my freshman year in high school. I started playing the bass guitar. I later began playing at a church. I continued to do this for the past 5 or 6 years. I started playing guitar the second year I was playing bass. I always liked guitar better. So I guess you could say I have been playing guitar for about 4 to 5 years. I am not exactly sure what that means however. I spent a lot of time playing in those years. I would play music instead of doing my schoolwork, and I would practice for like 6 hours straight without stopping. I never had someone there to train me, only the music that I listened to as much as I played. I trained myself to listen to the sounds and to figure out the pitches. I read some theory on it and learned about the numbering systems, of the minor and major chords. I practiced them until I could play them without thinking about them. It was like my hand had to detach itself from my mind, and start thinking on its own. -That is what I want to learn to do with the sword fighting. I was asking about things I could do to practice on my own because I realized something, just like I did back then, that if I am going to learn something I have to practice on my own, and spend as much time that I can devote to learning something. I have got to learn to do it on my own, because I have more time to, than to meet with others. I push until I get something down. I will retry it again and again until I get it. I break things apart like I did with music. I like to tear it down into parts because that makes it easier for me to learn how to do things. Anyways, so eventually the "band" thing ended, and came and went again. Then, my senior year in high school, I joined the jazz band. That, was the best thing I ever did. It gave me challenges beyond what I knew how to do. It took everything I thought I knew about music, and turned it all around. Last year I led a youth group band, every Wednesday for pretty much the whole year. That took a lot out of me. I had to practice with tons of people at different times throughout the week. When I have something to devote myself to, that has a purpose, I can become very motivated to get things done. But lately I haven't had much to do, like that anyways. I don't play for anything much anymore, just on Sundays, when I am around (and not dressed up as Han) hahahahaha. So yeah, I really love playing music, but I really just don't have any use for it anymore. :(

9. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    WOW...that was long. [face_hypnotized]

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    yeah, well... spencer doesn't seem to post often, but when he does, he's making up for lost time. :D

11. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I played drums in a punk band for nearly ten years (not playing time mind you, just group together time). We did a bunch a shows in local bars and stuff. I can't read music, never had the knack, but I can keep pretty good time... besides Ringo can't read music either, so I'm in good company.

12. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    There we go, we've got a band, hahhaha

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    i used to be able to play the kazoo...

14. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    ALL RIGHT!!!! A Kazoo, Drums, Guitars, Bass, we've got it all!!!

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
  16. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    ^^^HAHA

Um, i think you've forgotten the most important part of course, THE VOCALIST. you need one. and you need one that can harmonize with Spencer (hint, hint) ;)

17. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Yes, Vocalists are a plus, but as far as harmonizing, I don't think a star wars band needs to be overly harmonizing(i.e.-Queen). What a Star Wars band needs are metal riffs that will melt your face with the power of the darkside.

18. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
  19. Last_of_theJedi

Jun 21, 2005
    Well, I had some things in mind, but not specific. I think I could come up with some music for something. I am going to need rhythms for sure. I need a way to record stuff too. I have a great place to do it, but not really the right stuff to do it with. I have access to a PA, and microphones. I have access to a computer, which I could record stuff on. I think fighting music would be great to make. The best for me to write a song is to picture something happening. That has always been how I did it in the past. You know, I could make recordings for videos, that is, if we are going to make more videos, which I assume we are. It would be really cool to do the silent film thing. Especially, if we made the idea for how it would be, and what would happen. It would be really cool to make a video first, and then let me see what I could come up with. It is a long shot, but hey, if we need to do that kind of thing, I would try my best. (I need to go buy a good recording program/equipment/). But anyways, who knows, it might be really awesome. I mean, I could picture Anakin fighting the Count with guitars wailing in the background. That would be great. Who knows what I could do...

20. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    What would be awesome would be Anakin VS Obi-Wan, with a bunch of metal finger tapping in the background, and somebody screaming, judas priest style, hahahahaha

21. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    This is going to get worse before it gets better, but let me blow the dust off the bass and amp and we'll see about giving the loudest band on earth a run for their money.

22. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    hahaha. Sounds like a plan. We'll rule the galaxy. We can all bring our instruments and rock out, hahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.