main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Laundry Day - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Temple business - humor, fluff - Epilogue 29-May-2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Cole_Kenobi: Yoda looks like he could have been a very devious and difficult to catch child, so he could have been quite a handful. Thanks for reading!

Qui-Gina-Jinn: Thank-you! :)

Gkilkenny: It's nice to take a break with a little cuteness and mush every now and then. I think we'll see that play will go well. :) Thanks for the reply!

Jedi-Gon: Thank-you! All Jedi can be cute when young and/or bouncing I think. :)

Bastet: Thanks and thanks for the reply! I think everyone had a tale to tell about their own misbehavior. Obi-Wan covered with crumbs and little Yoda hopping everywhere would have been very cute.

Alexis_Wingstar: Thanks! And we might get Qui-Gon to bounce yet. [face_mischief]

azizah: Thank-you! :) I think that if a story involves the characters' pasts before the story started that gives the story more depth since there is more there than the action going on.

And weeeeeeeeelllll, since you mention it, there might be just a bit more......

dianethx: Thanks! I like a bouncy Qui-Gon. [face_mischief]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yep, Jedi can have fun, too. :) Glad you liked the story and thanks for the reply!

2. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    %O% ||| %O% ||| EPILOGUE ||| %O% ||| %O%

Obi-Wan folded his arms before him, tucking his hands into the opposite sleeves of his robe. The young Duro boy, Ntlaah-et, stared up at him for a moment, his featureless red eyes inquisitive. Then the youngling looked back toward the play area. A pair of booted feet stuck up out of the huge bulging cushion there. Obi-Wan had been right in his prediction that Qui-Gon was too big for it.

After sinking down into middle of the cushion, Qui-Gon had mischievously declared that he was stuck. Obi-Wan had immediately offered to help, but his Master had declared his Padawan too big and he would just get stuck, too. However, if the younglings helped by taking a good run and, using the Force, jumped on the cushion, that might be enough to free the trapped Jedi Master out.

The Quermian boy, Taem Goot, had tried first, but his slight body, all arms and legs and neck had landed on Qui-Gon, who had cheerfully admonished the others to mind their aim. Taem did better on his next try though Qui-Gon remained embedded in the cushion.

The Human girl, Yemma Yom had tried next. The impact had pushed Qui-Gon upward, but he sank down again. He told the younglings that they were doing much better.

Obi-Wan looked down at the Duro boy whose thoughts were a wordless confusion. He had at first fearfully stayed back from Qui-Gon during their initial game of hoverball. Qui-Gon had minded Ntlaah-et caution and not come too close, even while the other younglings played freely with the tall Jedi Master.

"It's not play," Ntlaah-et finally declared though he looked uncertain about whether or not he should be unhappy about this.

"No?" Obi-Wan asked.

The boy frowned, his lipless mouth tight. Obi-Wan sensed the confusion of young thoughts that had not matured enough to find the words that would express them.

"He only wants the Force." Ntlaah-et pointed at Qui-Gon's feet that were only shifted and bounced around a little bit when the Twi-lek girl, Mazana, landed next to them and then slid giggling on top of Qui-Gon. "When they jump. It's not play."

"No." Obi-Wan agreed. "It usually is not."

Ntlaah-et's critical stare changed to open surprise. Obi-Wan sensed the dawning realization as the boy looked at the activity at the cushion and then back up at him, that 'play' for a Jedi youngling was much more than it seemed.

The little Bothan girl, Glurf, took her turn. She jumped too far and Qui-Gon caught her furry little body easily. Obi-Wan was quite sure that he spotted some tickling before Glurf joined her clan mates.

Stepping to the spot where the others had started their runs, Ntlaah-et looked intently at the inflated gray mound and the boot soles sticking out of it. Obi-Wan sensed the Force around the boy. He ran and jumped.

Grinning, Qui-Gon popped right up from the cushion. Ntlaah-eh laughed with triumph as they both slid down to the floor and his clan mates cheered.

%O% ||| END ||| %O%

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I was so glad to see an epilogue for this, that was so cute! [face_love]

A pair of booted feet stuck up out of the huge bulging cushion there. Obi-Wan had been right in his prediction that Qui-Gon was too big for it. [face_laugh]

I loved that the little Duro boy was the one to free Qui-Gon, now maybe they can be friends. [face_love]

Thanks for the great epilogue, ardavenport, I really enjoyed it!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it Qui-Gon in the laundry and rescued.

Great to see that Jedi play.

5. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Bastet: Thank-you! I hadn't thought I'd put an epilogue on this one, but it didn't seem right without some closure with the kids and with Qui-Gon. So, they all worked out. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.