main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lawrence Kasdan

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Twain, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    So with TFA smashing records and reigniting the franchise, a lot of deserved credit is being given to Abrams, and rightfully so.

But where did Abrams first turn to guide the new project?

Kasdan.

LK is responsible for the writing credits of ESB, ROTJ, and now TFA. Not to mention Raiders of the Lost Ark and others.

Kasdan should be given his kudos, for incorporating the old characters into a believable new narrative while weaving the stories of newly introduced heroes and villains. The humor and human element were again present in SW, and he nailed the return and death of Han Solo.

Just think what a monumental task it must have been to sit down and start writing the sequel to ROTJ....thirty years after the events of Endor.

Kasdan stepped up to the plate and delivered. Extremely smart for JJ to bring him back, but Kasdan deserves his due in his own right. Kasdan, like John Williams, is a huge piece of the Star Wars tapestry.

Green Gogol, Jozgar and Winged_Jedi like this.
  2. Tython Dawn

Tython Dawn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I adore Kasdan's contributions to the Star Wars movies. To be honest I'm a little sad and apprehensive that he won't be involved in writing 8 and 9. Looking forward to his spinoff though. I do agree that Kasdan deserves a lot of the credit for TFA turning out as good as it did, and for finally giving us another Star Wars film that feels like the originals.

Twain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.