main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Lay A Whisper On My Pillow"10/14* last message posted from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Loved the Bruck comparison, [face_shocked] Obi-Wan is intuitive. :) It seems Victor?s evil should chill any of them.

With all the years Qui-Gon has had and the trouble, he cannot see what is in front of him. At least he is thinking about it. Still has the bucket though. 8-}

2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I want to spit on Qui. It seems that the Bucket is firmly in place! Congrats. Ewen, on the start of another story!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Maybe I hit him too hard and now he can't see what is right in front of him- yeah that's it- blame it on the padawan 8-}

4. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
  5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Quigon: is buckethead [face_devil]

obiwan: child of light O:)

Adi&Tahl: trying to crack the bucket with little success. [face_plain]

Mace: due to the rules and regulations of the JC forums i can in no way express what i feel about him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yoda: meddlesome little troll :cool:

bant&garen: obiwan's moral support :)

Bruck: devious little minion [face_devil]

PadawanDyas: hmmmmmm, much darkside i sense in him. ;)

the rest of the JC: clueless as always :confused:

*crosses fingers in hope of a postie* :D

6. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    That was very educational, thank you benknobi!

UP!

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan thought about what happened in the training room all day.

Foremost in his mind was the incidence with Padawan Dyas and the evil that radiated around him. Secondly was his master?s lack of response after he won the mock saber duel.

Maybe he thinks I should have done better. Maybe nothing will ever be good enough to quell my master?s insatiable desire to compare me with his first thought flawless-turned-faithless padawan.

Obi-Wan did not have time to sort out the many reasons Qui-Gon kept such a impersonal distance between them. He heard the familiar soft voice of Bant, and the overly loud sometimes bordering obnoxious voice of his other friend Garen as they entered the commissary for mid-meal. There between them was a friend they wanted Obi-Wan to meet. It was the same padawan he beat in saber practice.

The one that seems to be sith spawned himself.

Obi-Wan tried not to misjudge this boy in front of him but it was hard not too after what he felt in that room.

Can he hide from the other Jedi here? Can they not feel it, only me? Like anyone, my master included would believe me.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi this is senior apprentice Victor Dyas. His master is..?

?I know Bant, Master El Corine. I sparred with Padawan Victor today. Isn?t that right, Padawan Dyas??

Obi-Wan looked dead straight into the older apprentice?s eyes almost as a dare.

?A broad smile, cracked the dark look that before had laid claim to Padawan Victor?s face. Obi didn?t care for the fake merriment on his former saber practice partner because he could feel the lack of sincerity roll off Victor Dyas.

?Yes and had it been me that won I would be rubbing it in right now. Thanx for being a lot more in Jedi character than I admittedly would be had I just overtaken the best there is at the temple,in a saber duel.

Even in his pretence of humbleness, Dyas found a way to pat himself on the back in reference to the best there was at the temple in saber talents.. He evidently felt he was..

Sure glad he doesn?t have a big head or is need of extra meditation for pride, Obi-Wan thought sarcastically.[/i]

Garen let out a long groan. He covered his eyes with his hands only to spit his fingers in order to see Obi-Wan across from him. He flashed him one of those infamous crooked teeth smiles Garen had always been noted for and complained to the three around him.

?Don?t tell me a squirt like Obi-Wan Kenobi beat of one the best senior padawans at the temple in swordsmanship. We will never hear the last of this Bant, you either Victor.?

Obi couldn?t help but smile. If his master could not brag a little on him then he sure could. It wasn?t as if Dyas hadn?t been doing enough bragging for himself and he hadn?t even won the match, nor did he even come close to welding a saber as expertly as Obi-Wan had. He just couldn?t bring himself to be so blatantly robust in his praise of himself as Dayas had been. He chose a more subtler approach to his bragging.

?Unless he intentionally lost, I won. Outright won, no questions asked, my opponent on his knees conceded defeat.?

Obi nodded in Dyas? direction in his acknowledgement of his opponent and then
    flashed his own look to Victor, almost a dare really for the other padawan to deny Padawan Kenobi won.

Bant had never heartd Obi-Wan so vehemently his own self.

?Wow Obi, I guess Master Jinn had a lot to say about that.?

Bant was happy for her friend because defeating the best senior padawan at the temple should give kudos to Obi-Wan from his master. The look she got told her he didn?t.

?You mean even that didn?t impress your master??

?Its alright Bant I am not here to impress. I am here to hopefully keep my place as an apprentice. At least now I am.?

It wasn?t exactly the truth. He wanted more than anything to impress his master but he would not let his friends know how disappointed he was when Jinn failed to mention he thought his sbaer moves were, good, unique ?impressive? or otherwise...

?Yeah you should have heard his m

8. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Trouble lurking in every corner for Obi-Wan. I have to appreciate his concern for his friends and insight to the evil of Dyas. Dyas is a manipulative..., and a threat only seen by Obi-Wan. Tsk, tsk... means Obi?s gonna be sneaking off his probation to help his friends. [face_shocked] 8-}

What will Qui-Gon think? [face_devil] I can imagine. Dyas? evil plan is moving along nicely.

:)

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Obi's first impression about that one seems to be correct.

I have to take off on another business trip 'til Mon night or Tues. I don't know if I'll have time to go on-line or not. Have a good week end!

oh- tell Gus that Galli says woof woof

10. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Can't Obi stay out of trouble for three seconds? I know whe's trying to help his friends, but there are other people around. Couldn't he tell someeon what's going on? **sighs** Our Obi is too noble for that.

11. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    :_| sometimes i think obi brings it on himself.

ewen: If you didn't notice, um you repeated a paragraph twice near the end of the post.

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    B Kenobi thanx for the head's up on the post. I had double posted a couple of sentences. Also thank you to all who posted feedback!!!

I hope you enjoy this post. I will try to post one more time before Thursday, then not until I return Monday will you get another one.

You see I have a twin sister who is just about as insane as I am. She has booked us a three day stay at a haunted hotel. The brochures make it look elegant and scary. There will also be a ghost excursion around the town. This is supppose to be real!!! Anyway should be fun. I am taking my digital camera and if I snag any pics of the little buggers, ask and I will send them to ya!!!

Yea I know sounds crazy, but also sounds fun. Oh and a mystery who-dun-it over dinner. ewen

##################

A pact was made between the three Jedi apprentices and Bant, the only one not yet coupled with a master. They would meet later in the evening after classes and last-meal. Obi-Wan was a little surprised, but not deterred by where they would meet.
    He was very aware of the lowest of levels in the temple and had been there a few times; a very few of times only when it was *required* and not *requested* of him..

Wasn?t much there, but it drew a lot of curiosity from Jinn?s apprentice when he was forced down there . For that was the only way he normally went down to the lowest level, if he was given an instruction from his master or another high Jedi member, like an instructor. Obi for some reason feared being underground and when one went down that far in the temple it was under ground with only dirt for walls and flooring.

That evening Jinn could feel Obi?s side of their training bond very tightly closed to him when he tried to get a feel for why the young one seemed so solemn.

"Is there a reason for your sulking or is it just something that set in??

The Jedi master wasn?t sure how to broach the subject. Obi-Wan surely felt his intrusive nudge to his shields by his master?s force. He kept his shields steadfastly in place. He refused to be in compliance of back door sneak attack on his thoughts by his ?sneaky* master..

I wish my master would ask my permission through our mind link to snoop through my thoughts, I might be a little more resilient to his request, had he bothered to make one. No, there was not a request, he tried to glean information as to what I was thinking without my permission. Maybe he thought me so inept in the force lately, his intrusive entry would be without my knowledge as well.

One might call it an invasion of privacy. It was not done usually without mutual agreement and Jinn himself had hesitated to link with the boy too much lately because of their wavering relationship..

Obi-Wan became even more uncomfortable by his master?s glare after his attempted was all but pushed away by the impenetrable shields of his apprentice.

While the Jedi master shouldn?t openly, wantonly, and secretly try to invade the thoughts of his apprentice, neither should the apprentice try to hold things back from his master.

Qui-Gon often thought it was a penchant of double talk to make both a mandate in the Jedi mantra; A master was not to be exceedingly inquisitive when it came to his apprentice?s thoughts but neither should a Jedi padwan block a master?s entrance to those thoughts.. One canceled out the other.

?Padawan, maybe I should make myself very, very clear on this. It is not a request, my suggestion that you stay away from the Apprentice Victor Dyas, it an order. A order strong enough that if I see you with him again in the commissary, I will take matters in my own hands. I am sure you have enough to do with the chores Mace assigned that you don?t need more piled on top of them, because you did not heed my *instructions*.?

Obi-Wan felt he would have been in a lot less trouble had his master been able to feel the turmoil that surrounded Dyas. Then he would have no need to explain. Explain what would seem impossible a lie because even the most powerful of masters at the t

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Don't trust him!

Have fun on your little adventure. I worked many shifts at haunted locations throughout Disneyland and ran into all sorts of "fun" But I stayed away from the seriously haunted Queen Mary. That place was just too creepy for words.

I really really hope you catch something on the camera- that would be sooo great!

14. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Obi-Wan is being the the bucket-head in this story!

Mace is definiately the biggest jerk. Qui-Gon is showing some hope. Obi-Wan is definately asking for trouble, especially since he has to answer to the two bucket-heads! He's not exactly helping his case any!!

15. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    I have some very select words for padawan dyas, but I must restrain myself and keep them to myself.

KS, um sorry but I have to disagree w/ you because If anyone has a bucket, it's qui&mace.

ewen, if you get any good pics, pm me and then I'll pm you my email so i can see them.
    ps. anything w/snakes totally freaks me out!

16. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **comes in with supersize bucket and slams it over both Qui and Mace's head** There, now they are the four legged bucket monster, and everyone will know to stay away!

Course, with how reckless Obi has been, he has almost earneda mini bucket of his own!

17. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Ewen Things that go bump in the night?... Sound like fun. But learn from the monster movies and when you are running away... don?t beat on a locked door... Pick up a chair and go out the window!!! HAVE FUN! [face_shocked]And, if the house tells you to GET OUT! Go! [face_devil]

Thalia_Nox loved your response... mini-bucket [face_laugh] [face_laugh] and everyone else's. With Qui-Gon?s close minded treatment of Obi-Wan, I can see the rift between them. It is hard to forgive on both sides and open up. Obi?s likely right, the depth of Dyas? evil is not see by others. It is unlikely the bucketheads :D would listen to him.

EDIT: [face_laugh] scrolling down... took me 2 days to see my typo [face_shocked] and it was a big one! Had to fix it for prosperity.

18. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    great posts! I love them

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    arggggggggggggggggg

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan had to cover up the way he really felt about the supposed good will mission Dyas had convinced Obi-Wan?s best friends they were on. He despised lying to his master, but it was a necessary evil if he expected to protect his friends without being pulled from it right when things got interesting..

He was afraid that Qui-Gon would do just that if he knew of his planned escapade. One which he hoped would snag Dyas and expose him for what Obi thought; he dappled in the ways of the dark side. Nothing short of seeing it for his own eyes would convince the already-in-trouble padawan of anything else.

Would Qui-Gon call it another betrayal of his trust, to help my friends? Only this time my friends are Jedi. Could anything be more righteous than to keep a fellow Jedi, two fellow Jedi actually, out of possible trouble. Master will say I should not have gone behind his back, but just like on Maada/Daen would he refuse to help and instead go before the council to demand my censureship

Had he been in a private place Obi-Wan could have broken down and cried when he remembered how his master stormed a Jedi council meeting upon their eventual return to the temple together. He demanded nothing less than the probation Obi-Wan was now on. Of course he had full support and previous direction and insurmountable approval from Master Windu to make his rush-to judgment on what to do with or to his padawan.

Obi always tamped down the truth that it was his master who begged, insisted, finally demanded he be severely punished for what Qui-Gon thought of Obi-Wan?s derelict nature.

If the Jedi masters, much more powerful than I am, can not feel the evil emanating from Dyas, would they believe anything I tell them?

?Hey Kenobi want to step back to reality with us. You zoned out on us for like five minutes. Got a problem.? Don?t want to be with us? Just say it. Ya know you are not the only apprentice we can find to help us. Like I said. Bruck??

?Pipe down a minute will ya Dyas. Obi is thinking, that is all.?

?I thought maybe that weird master of his had driven him totally bonkers or something. If you are with us, I will tell you of our plan.?

Obi-Wan cast Bant a thankful look for her defense of him and went on to defend his master..

?Yes, I am *with* you. Just don?t say anything else about my master and you and I will get along fine. If you do there will be trouble understand me. That mock duel we participated in will be matched but a real one, the likes of which no one at this temple has ever seen if you try to make any more derogatory remarks about Qui-Gon.??

?OHHH, I am scared. Can?t you tell I am shaking in my shoes??

?What?s wrong with Victor? I have never known you to act so *weird* yourself."

Garen was fed up with the remarks made to hs best friend. He was afraid Obi-Wan would change his mind and not go along with them. Obi-Wan Kenobi, the only one to be out on so many missions, made it seem safer to be doing what they were doing. Garen wanted him there though truthfully he did not think of the ramifications of Obi-Wan?s disobedience if caught.
    ?
    ?Oh alright Padawan Kenobi. I?m just a little testy today, that is all. I mean we should have dug through this wall by now and start tunneling in the others, by now. Each day they stay above ground brings with it more danger of being discovered..?

Obi-Wan swung his head around so fast he became dizzy.

?Others, tunnel? What is going on? Who are these others and just what to you mean tunnel them in? You plan to have them stay here down under the twmple We will never get awasy with thisand for what reason owe do it anyway.?
    A smirk of a smile popped on Victor?s fce along with it came the eerie evil force that Obi=-Wan had felt just as predominately in the gym during his battle with the older padawan.

?All in good item Obi-Wan. I can?t answer all the questions you have asked all at once. I will tell you some of what is going on then I have to insist we start digging. In fact, Bant and Garen

21. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Ooh more Qui hatred and that dyas guy doesn't seem nice but I'm sure Obi will sort it out he usually does.
    Great work

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hopefully Obi will get out of there and rat out the dark apprentice

23. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    So Dyas has evil friends... [face_devil] and he is on to Obi-Wan! [face_shocked]

Hope Obi-Wan keeps his guard up around that one. How to protect his friends and not get caught by Mace and Qui-Gon is the question. Lots of bad can happen in a hole with darkness.

24. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    That is indeed the question! None of us want to see Obi get kicked out of the Temple! It deos bother me that Dyas seems to have such a hold on Bant and Garen. I hope that they figure his true game out soon!

25. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Altaira: Yes, that is definately the big question.

Hopeing that obi makes good on his threat to have a real duel with victor!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.