main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Lay A Whisper On My Pillow"10/14* last message posted from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    O.K. everyone here's the deal.

If I get three people to post and say they want another post today instead of Monday, I have it ready.

That would mean however, that you can't have another post till tues, maybe Monday night?

!!!WEll!!! get posting. I have to leave on my "Ghost hunting excursion" at 2:30 EST. U.S.A.

I am armed with video camera and a digital one just in case I see something!! Too bad there won't be any JEDI blue ghosts there!!

PEACE ewen

2. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    POSIE POSTIE POSTIE!!!!!

(if I do this 3x, will it count) :)

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Count me in for a post request!!!!!!

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Here's the post!! Enjoy!!!ewen

#########

Obi-Wan felt the presence of his master as it grew nearer, long before he could see him. Not that he had his side of their shared bond opened. On the contrary, Obi-Wan?s shields were in place tighter than they had ever been. If Qui-Gon knew he had left his duties undone, to traipse off and share an evening with his friends, he would be displeased enough that he might go to the bald Jedi council master and tell onhis apprentice. The very duties that were handed him personally by that same hairless master, Master Windu.

He did it before! It?s bad enough to defy the council and hang out with Bant and Garen. However if Master Jinn knew all I was into, WOW, I might lose my ears, even before the council had time to throw my butt out of the temple. !!

The words said in jest still had all the seriousness behind them. The padawan just didn?t want to think abut that seriousness.

He made a quick survey of the room that was to have been cleaned and straightened by him. Obi also tried to make a feeble attempt with a masked appearance of being hard at work and attempted to conceal his unfinished job on the archived history of the Jedi data. Master Jinn walked in with his gaze already leveled at Obi-Wan and the padawan could not think of anything but a phrase he had heard, Fire and Ice.

Both words could easily pertain to his master. Jinn sent his apprentice a chilling cold glare of ice until you searched deeply in his normally kind sea blue eyes. Now they were like fire as he burnt his stare into his apprentice like a branding iron searing its ownership on him.

?Obi-Wan, are you ready to accompany me to our apartment. It is getting late. Is your work completed??

Had Master Jinn not known better, Obi-Wan might have been convincing in his appearance; hard at work, data pads around him. However, Jinn knew from past trips down to the archived literature room, that Obi?s duties had been neglected for something else.

Unbeknownst to Obi, his master had been down two times previously to check up on his apprentice, only to find his apprentice mysteriously missing from his duties. He did not just shirk his duties, but he was gone from the archives entirely.

The last question was the one Obi regretted hearing. He certainly did not want to lie to his master. Oh his master?.. that look?.. did he know something but kept silent ?

Obi-Wan was not sure what to say when he looked up to see his master seemingly looming taller, more sinister looking than before, his arms crossed over his expansive chest with his hands concealed in his voluptuous sleeves. He looked ever the Jedi master, though more powerful than most. Obi-Wan stopped to think of something inconsequential in all this.

Why does he insist on wearing his robe everywhere. I know it is protocol for Jedi masters but at the temple. Is it really required?

?Padawan did you hear me? Are you ready to go.?

Obi-Wan snapped back into reality and for the first time he felt his daydreaming had helped him. He waited so long to answer Master Jinn that his master did not demand an answer from him.

He may think I sidestepped the question.... and I did. I would rather he didn't know I ignored him .. I only hope it is not asked again tonight.

When they arrived at their apartment the air was filled thick with emotional query of distrust from both the apprentice and the master.

Obi-Wan was afraid that Master Jinn could tell he avoided the issue of his work. Jinn, on the other hand already knew that Obi-Wan kept something from him. Where he went, what he did, why his work was not completed. He had no desire to hear lies from the boy that evening.

No, he would save the reprimand for in the morning, after he thought of what he should do about it. He knew he would not tell Mace. That was the last thing he would ever do again to Obi-Wan. Mace had been too stringent with the boy. Finally Jinn knew it would be up to him to break the thick silence that had

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR QUIGON!!! :mad: [face_devil] :mad:

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Qui-Gon is acting stubborn and immature. Working Obi-Wan out is not going to change anything but make him tired... He is the Master, he should just say what?s on his mind and not play games. Their relationship is not getting any better. The unspoken lie stuff is good, but he returns 8-} to his poor judgement on handling Obi-Wan right after.

Isn?t the teacher suppose to teach, he?s showing he?s just a much the problem.

gotta love this :D

7. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **twitches** Guys, I almost think I'm on Qui-Gon's side this time. It's actually Obi who seems to be acting a little thick headed this time! **scowls** Not that Mace isn't much, much worse...

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    They are both wrong here!!!! Neither are doing what they should, but I have to say I find Qui-Gon's action a bit harder to accept. He is an adult acting like a child and Obi is caring a very large burden for one so young.

9. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm definitely with Qui-Gon on this one!! This is "tough love" folks! Obi-Wan is "lying" to his Master!

Qui-Gon IS getting better and he has every right to be angry at Obi-Wan! Obi-Wan is being very defiant! That won't help their relationship at all!

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm with Thalia on this one. Obi-Wan needs to at least confess to being absent some of the time. He is in the wrong and should confess

11. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks PT. I thought I'd get tackled because of that post! Nice to know I'm not crazy. Well... At least some of the time!

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    HEY!! I'm back.

I think Qui-Gon has every right to be angry with Obi.

He is taking a chance with his apprenticeship by not following the rules.

Of course Obi might have been better off to tell Qui what was going on.

However you have to remember when he did that on their mission on Maalda/Daen Jinn refused to allow Obi to help Cerasi and also refused his help.

I didn't see any ghosts but I will look through the pics and video tapes to see if I got any orbs on it.

All the time I was gone, when I had a chance I would pick up a legal pad and work on this story. I think a post should be ready tomorrow.

PEACE ewen

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    No ghosties- are you happy or sad about that?

Well, you got to go ghost hunting, but I got to see Jason Alexander and Martin Short in The Producers today :) [face_laugh]

I haven't laughed so hard in years!
    Go see it if you get the chance

...ok advert over, now back to our regularly scheduled buckethead fest...

14. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I can't blame Obi for being a little slow. He feels cut off all the time but Qui Gon should realize that Obi Wan needs loved and attention something I have no dount Obi fangirls would have no problem giving him.

WAKE UP QUI GON!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon stood just on the sidelines of where his padawan continued his mock battle with not one but two droids.

His stance was similar to the one in their apartment when he cast Obi that knowing glare; his apprentice had done something wrong. Jinn?s arms crossed over his chest, the only difference maybe was that in the past two hours of observing Obi-Wan, he now leaned against the wall. Tiredness and aches settled heavily on the master.

The many wounds and injuries incurred during his past thirty odd years as a Jedi had finally taken its toll on the Jedi, especially when coupled with the emotinal toll Obi-Wan's problems had created..

If the master was tired from watching, it was unimaginable how tired the apprentice was.

If nothing else, he will sleep soundly. I do hope he walks away from this discipline exercise with more than the overwhelming ability to rest tonight. I have those two droids set on their maximum ability. Even I would have a difficult to impossible task in keeping up with one of their attacks, let alone the two combined.

The Jedi master, so controlled and stoic, actually grimaced at the painful expression on Obi?s face when he was struck, his skin singed by one of the droids' blow. Still the mechanical foes did not relent. They battled even with his apprentice on the floor.

Oh?.I bet that was painful. My padawan should have known better than to strip down to his short sleeved undershirt. Too much skin exposed, especially battling both droids. He should have known he would take a hit. He has taken quite a few already. I don?t suppose he knew I would turn the droids up so high to battle him.

It was then Qui-Gon took pity on his apprentice as he looked up to see Obi-Wan on his knees blowing his own breath on his abused and scorched skin to cool the burn.

The master took slow languid strides over to where his apprentice was now on the foor, felled by one of the droids. Master Jinn stared down at his apprentice with remorse in his mind and heart for the boy.

He withheld any feeling of compassion for Obi-Wan. Instead of converying anything that even resembled compassion, his stare remained stoned-faced, the bond with Obi-Wan closed off so his apprentice could not feel any remnants of how he truly felt about him.

No one, even Xanatos Crion had managed to touch the Jedi Master?s soul as Obi-Wan had. It was something he feared to admit to himself, let alone to the recipient to those compassionate feelings.

Those overwhelming emotional feeling for *his* child only hardeed his resolve to keep it hidden.

The frown that furrowed his brow already, only deepened it. Master Jinn refused to shed his armor against possible hurt, like Xani.

I won?t go through that again. Jedi masters are human as well, no matter what Obi-Wan chooses to believe.

Obi-Wan looked up just in time to see his master push off the wall with his shoulder..

?Very well Padawan. I think you have had enough *practice*. Do you agree??

Anger surged through Obi-Wan. It was like he was consumed by it.. His anger coursed through his entire body along with the blood in his veins with every beat of his rapid heart beat. Kenobi tried desperately to calm his frustration, tame his emotions, and soothe his bruised ego. His tiredness and confusion as to why he was being treated so harshly kept him from doing anything to hide his emotional state. It was there laid out for his master to feel and see.

?Is that what you call it Master? Was this a practice session, or in reality you used this time as a grueling punishment for something you *think* I have done wrong. Not know, only suspect?"

?Mmmph? Do you question your master?s intentions? Do you suppose that I just assumed you have done something wrong; that I don?t know that you came up missing from your post this evening; your work not nearly completed?? I supose the question I should ask is, where you disappeared too??

Jinn waited only a few moments for his question to be answered, but it was not.

He droppe

16. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Yikes!! major Q/O angst. it's getting so thick you could cut it with a knife.

poor obi always get's blamed by someone else's assumptions, quigon should know better than to assume(look at my sig.) how obiwan feels. How can obiwan even have a relationship with qui if qui does all the taking, cuts it off, and on top of that controlls it.

maybe we need a certain meddelsome little troll to smooth things over [face_mischief]

i guess i could go on and on about qui, like when he thought his padawan did something wrong, he beat him up, but i must stop and wait for the next post that is gonna be so deep into the mystery of the Q/O trouble.

*runs away to get popcorn before the big showdown*

17. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Help! Help! I'm stuck in the angst! It's closing in around me! I can't breathe! gurgle...gurgle... **silence...**

18. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Talk about rough. It?s really to the point where words can not be spoken with all the hurt, :( angst is the word, that?s for sure.

This is a great continuation from the trouble on Melida/Daan. Not much trust left in either of them.

Looking forward to the next part... :)

19. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    WOOOOOHOOOOO! I know a little late but glad I found my way back. Always love your stories even if that means no sleep for awhile. UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP:)

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhh- that's tough love taken a little bit too far

21. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **ponders** I was here to do something... **ponders harder** Ah yes! UP!!!

22. Kavik_Starkiller

Kavik_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    "Sniff Sniff"

Poor Qui and Obi. :_|
    As if life wasn't hard enough.

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Kavik_Starkiller Welcome aboard.

Hey regulars thanx for posting and here meet, Kavik_Starkiller which I hope will become a regular as well.

The post will be up tomorrow afternoon!!!! Nice and long and mysterious I hope!!!!!

PEACE ewen

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$
    QUIGON IS A JACK @$$