main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Lay A Whisper On My Pillow"10/14* last message posted from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **yanks all the characters into an open classroom, and sits them down** Now. Class is in session! Repeat after me: This is all one huge misunderstanding. **silence** This isn't working, is it?

**sighs** Ah well. Back to the cleaver! **grins** ewen, the point would be the messiness!

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Master Jinn noticed the dark circles under his apprentice?s eyes and knew why they were there. He heard Obi-Wan cry out several times in his sleep, which probably meant he suffered through another nightmare. At first sympathy for the boy filled him and he was just about to send comfort to Obi along their bond and not actually go to is room to disturb him further. However, after that an unusual sadistic thought came to the Jedi master.

Maybe his apprentice?s guilt for what happened on Melida/Daen was well deserved and should not be interrupted. An odd thought indeed for the man who was responsible for Obi-Wan?s well being even through his probationary period. Unlike Master Jinn completely, was his decision to let the boy suffer through his night?s torments.

Maybe he did do something to promote the murder of his friend. Maybe it is not the misery of missing her but the guilt of being responsible for her death.

It was a cruel thought on his part but Master Jinn found it easier and easier to think cruel and unusual thoughts about his apprentice; things that should not have been thought of by any Jedi apprentice?s master.

What in sith?s name am I thinking? I know Obi-Wan. I thought I did. I know him well enough to know he would not have done anything to promote the killing of his friend. However, I wonder why he did not stop it. I mean he is force sensitive and a lot more powerful than those on Melida/Daen. Could he not feel the stalker that followed them and shot the blaster shot that killed his friend? So many things to think about, whereas before, upon our return back to the temple, I thought I had everything settled. I thought I only had to deal with this probationary stint and then we could begin again. Now I even wonder if that is possible.

?Isn?t it time to leave for your classes or have you decided that is not a requirement of you either??

Obi-Wan was not the only one who could be in a surly mood and show it. Jinn was on edge and it plainly showed. Obi-Wan suspected his master still had an *ax to grind* with him over missing the other night from his job refurbishing the Jedi master busts. He was right and Jinn quickly proved how right he is. Obi-Wan didn?t even have time to answer his master until Jinn started again.

?I suppose you think that since your little escapade the other night wrought you nothing in the way of a reprimand, it can be repeated today when you are scheduled to work down in the archives. If you think that, you are sorely wrong young apprentice mine. . Maybe you can *actually* finish cleaning the Jedi master?s busts this time. The job certainly didn?t get finished the other night. Be thankful Master Windu didn?t notice it.?

Kenobi didn?t know what came over him, but it hit him with a vengeances. He opened his mouth and a reply so vile and disrespectful just fell out of it.

?Little good it does for me that Master Windu didn?t find out. You are hard pressed to remind me of my mistake every chance you get, dear master.?

Obi-Wan slammed his napkin down and before the shocked master could utter a word to his apprentice, Obi-Wan got up grabbed his books and left Qui-Gon mouth hung opened with a reprimand on his lips that went unspoken.

###in the hall###

?Hey Obi meet me and Gorloff down in the cellar today at three. Can you do that?

The sour-mooded Kenobi turned only briefly to Dyas, who knew he was not allowed to speak while in the halls. He turned back around as if he was not in conversation with the other apprentice, just in case someone came around the corner and saw them together. He didn?t need any more trouble.

"Trying to get me into more trouble Victor? I have chores to do again today. Don?t you think Master Jinn might check up on me? The last time he did, he found me gone. I don?t think trust is high on his list of things he is sure of about me, do you??

?Kenobi quit worrying. You *are* in a grumpy mood aren?t you? Don?t be, our plan is just about in place and as soon as we implement it your master will look upon you i

4. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Your teasers just left me wanting for more!

Great story, Great suspense! Obi seems to be getting deeper and deeper in trouble. Though it does seem like there is hope for Obi and Qui-gon, considering how powerful Obi tried to protect his master.

Post the other parts soon! Please!!!! :)

Blade

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great teasers- how am I supposed to wait until Monday?

6. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I agree with Kitara :D

7. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    an unusual sadistic thought came to the Jedi master That's what I get for siding with Qui. The bucket had decended!

EWEN!!! You should know better than to torture us like this! I'll... I'll... I'll attack you with my cleaver! **pauses** Wait, if I do that, we'll never get the next post! I'll just have to glare threateningly... I mean... Motivatingly. There we go.

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    what's this cleaver doing swinging thru the various threads Thalia ?

That is even more vicious than your lightsabre. You do have a lightsabre? Or did your master take it away for playing too rough? heee heee I guess we have to do something to amuse ourselves until Monday. I guess inundating ewen with meaningless nonesense is as good as anything...

9. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Swinging through the threads? My cleaver? Well, I only pull it out in extreme circumstances. I don't really remember the last time I pulled it out, besides this thread, of course!

Yes, I have a lightsaber. It's orange. But I like to use my cleaver when I feel the need to get dirty! My Master? **grins** I'm afraid my Master doesn't peruse the boards anymore. Now I have a Padawan. Scary thought, I know! **frowns** You know, every time I try to take her lightsaber, she pushes me into Froggie's pond. Is there something wrong with this?

Nothing wrong with amusing ourselves, is there? We're upping at the same time! If slightly off topic posts were bad, we would have been kicked off the pond many, many times!

10. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    It?s like a bad case of PMS in the Jedi Order. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan just can?t come to terms. I?m glad Yoda knows the danger now but the Paronauts have the upper hand there too! Oh no! [face_shocked]

Your teasers are definitely a vision to the evil future in store for them. :D

I wonder if Thalia_Nox?s padawan has a Mini-Cleaver! Scary... pass on what you have learned. [face_laugh] Hey Thalia, you?ve got a lilypad on your head.

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I got chased around the pond by a cleaver weilding denzien not too long ago -thought it was you 8-}

12. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **laughs** As far as I know, I'm one of the only people around here who claims a cleaver as one of her weapons, so the instance must have slipped my mind! Crazy things happen amoung us pond dwellers. Had you done anything particularily terribly to me lately? You know, green dye or something? **winks**

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanks for being so patient waiting on the next post. Here it is.

P.K. hope you get a new modem soon!!!!ewen

#################

Obi-Wan first intended to go a half an hour early and actually finish cleaning the antiquated bronzed likeness of masters? heads of long ago; the greatest of great within the Jedi order down through the ages to the present.

Seems to me, Jedi shouldn?t pose in such an exhibitionist zeal as having their heads? O.K. likeness of their heads put on pedestals. How?s that look, kind egotistical, and prideful of the Jedi who should have no pride? I am not suppose to show a bit of enthusiasm when I ?ace? a test or beat an opponent in a mock duel and these masters of long ago past are sitting long enough to have their likeness immortalized into worship-like statues.

Obi-Wan forgot for a moment, his mental scorn of prideful breach of Jedi mantra by t old masters of long ago.. Instead, his thoughts meandered over everything that had gone wrong for him this day. He did not get to the great hall in the archives to finish his cleaning chore. I won?t have time to even get there to start my chores.

First, Obi-Wan failed his math test horribly; something that if he survived the day with all the deceptions he had to try to juggle with his master, he would have to explain, and face his master?s tyranny over his failing grades..

Then just as he was dismissed from his Geo-Physics class, his instructor pulled him to the side and allowed everyone, *but* Obi-Wan to leave.

Seems, the padawan?s homework came up a few pages too short two days previous and today, today Obi-Wan hadn?t even bothered to turn any homework in.

The young Jedi knight/ instructor was flustered as he spoke with the apprentice of the greatest master alive. That is what Kenobi?s youthful Knight instructor thought of Master Jinn, the greatest ever and that helped carve Obi an exist out of his trouble. His instructor warned Obi-Wan, he had until the following Monday to complete all his work. He was to complete it with absolute accuracy or his waning attention in class would be reported to his master. The knight only shrugged his shoulders and warned Kenobi that he had better have everything, as it should be when he returned to class. The only reason he gave him an extension at all he said, was his warranted empathy for Master Jinn. The knight did not care for Obi-Wan because of his disloyal acts toward Qui-Gon on Melida/Daan.

That was the sour part of being on probation, everyone at the temple knew why Obi-Wan suffered such harsh restrictions. That made it doubly hard on him. In the other Jedi?s mindset, Kenobi betrayed Master Jinn. Obi carried all the burden of blame, while all the sympathy befell his master.

Obi-Wan got the feeling that if it came right down to it, the knight would be willing to go to Master Jinn and tell him how horribly Obi-Wan was doing in his class if for nothing more than to spend time with his Jedi hero. However, Obi couldn?t blame him. The apprentice to Jinn suffered a lot of hero worship himself when it came to his master. However, things had gone down hill since then and Obi wasn?t sure how he felt about his master but worshipping him was not one of the words he would have used to describe his feelings at the present.

Obi-Wan decided going to the archives would be fruitless; he sidestepped his chores assigned to him by Master Windu completely and went directly to the lower levels where Gorloff and Padawan Dyas waited for him.

?Well I thought you might not show up. Fear for what your master would think of you if caught again, might get the better of you. Glad you proved me wrong about you Kenobi.

?I suppose you are wrong Dyas I told you I would come and here I am.?

Obi-Wan wanted so very much to stand up against this apprentice. Yet when the younger boy got around Dyas or Gorloff it was always the same thing happened. He cowered like a scared child, kept his mouth shut and though he fought it, he agreed with everything they wanted, almos

14. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Am I the only one on whose nerves every single character in this story has gotten? Yoda, Mace, Qui, Obi, Bant, Garen and this teacher of Obi's for good measure! Gr... Makes me want to hit them all soundly over the head.

15. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_shocked] :mad: That was hard. Those paronauts have got to go down. If they keep standing in a row, we?ll knock them down like dominoes. That is if anyone can get close enough. Obi-Wan is mashed! and left to be a sacrifice :_| This turned into a real mess fast.

Lots of gloom and doom :( but worth the wait. I can use a little hope. I agree not much sunshine in this one yet. thnks about it... not much sunshine can get to the underground of the Temple, sighs.

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Me too Thalia I want to whack all of them over the head.

Still no isp at home- the new story is that there is a malfunction somewhere between the junction box and base- huh?

17. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    You're not alone! Every single one of them is annoying me! :mad: ;) I sympathise more with Qui-Gon though, I haven't been too happy with Obi-Wan's behavior in this story. He has an excuse now, but he should have fessed up to Yoda (Qui-Gon would be a tough sell, right now.) as soon as he felt Dyas' darkness!

I'm dreaming of a happy ending; any chance of that happening? ;)

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I thought all of you knew me well enough by now to know one constant thing.

I am all for HAPPY, but only after I have turned the screws a little.

You guys are into immediate gratification where as if you wait and let it build, more hurt leads more in the way of comfort, only later.

PEACE ewen

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  20. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **sticks tongue out** Not gonna stop us from complaining!

To PT: I had that happen to me this summer, only my whole dorm went down. Tell me, have you tried unplugging, waiting a couple of minutes and then replugging your modem? Sometimes that is all that's the matter.

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    The tech has been working on the blasted thing for a week now- it isn't the modem (or not alone). There is a problem with the junction box out on the street. They can't get a signal to the modem. Since when does it take one week to fix a wiring problem at the junction box :mad:

Edit: Mom called 5 minutes ago- they got it working :)

22. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    That's great! I remember how frustrated I was.

23. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **laughs** Talk like a Pirate day? Did they have that last year? I don't remember.

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Avast ye scurvy Thalia- you were s'posed to talk pirate cant!

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for all the feedback.
    I think I mentioned I am helping a friend start a small catering business.

Well I have been busy. Anyway, I will post only once a week on this story. Tomorrow will be one for you..

If I can post more than once, I will. However, to offset only posting once a week, I plan to write the post a little longer..

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.