main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Lay A Whisper On My Pillow"10/14* last message posted from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Gallia couldn?t help but realize she was no longer alone in the little garden, just outside the council chambers. She had gone there to meditate. Something she did quite often because of the close proximity to her office. She felt the other Jedi arrive not just by his force signature, but the broadcasting of his emotions he failed to keep in check.

Worried, concerned, yes, Master Jinn is both. He definitely has something on his mind but what or who warrants such worry from Qui-Gon?

?Ah? Qui-Gon care to join me? I just finished meditating. I find solace and peace here. None of the crèchelings are permitted in this garden.?

Jinn smiled a smile Adi could recognize as being there only for her benefit. His serene-like facade solidified her suspicions about the Jedi master and the mental turmoil he was under. His smile could not hide the turmoil she could feel from the Jedi master right now.

?Well if this place is child-free it *is* where I want t be right now. I want to be able here myself think.?

?Problem or just have that much *thinking* to do? Children are not conducive to thinking. They make too much noise.?

?Yes, they certainly do. But sometimes it is the silence of them that causes the most problems. You should know that. You gave up thirteen years of your life to train one of those children, a pad wan.?

?Now why do I get the feeling we are not talking about the screeching little crèchelings still in diapers? I think you have a deeper meaning to your words.; like maybe you speak of a child a wee bit older and hopefully more mature. A child?Oh? say? your apprentice?s age.. Could it be you miss the old Obi, the connection you and he shared??

?Yes, I suppose I mean that. I suppose I mean much more as well. I miss the laugh from a young one. I miss the mischievousness, the silly questions. Yes Adi, I miss Obi-Wan and everything about him.?

Qui-Gon sat down on a bench right beside where Adi still knelt from her meditation. She had not bothered to get up yet. Instead she plopped right down on her butt and waited for Master Jinn to collect himself.

?You look like you have carried the weight of the universe on your shoulders today??

? Then my looks match the way I feel right now. I haven?t carried the weight of the universe though, just the weight of the worry of one small apprentice, Obi-Wan. Not to change the subject but have you seen him or Master Yoda? They both seemed to have disappeared.?

?Nope can?t help you there. Can?t you reach Obi through your bond??

Sad eyes peered down at the ground where Adi Gallia sat.

?I am afraid that has been tamped down lately. First by me and later when Obi-Wan sensed my side of the bond was closed to him, his anger caused him to tamp his side as well.?

?Can you blame him Qui?? That is one of the most detrimental things a master can do to his padawan or the other way around.?

?Don?t you think I know that Adi. I am a bit older than you and although you are on the council, I have been a Jedi master a great deal longer than you as well.?

?I know, but you know what you did to Obi-Wan is wrong. Can you deny that??

?No and I don?t feel I need to justify why I did it to anyone, not even Obi-Wan. It is just that I had to do something. There was so much turmoil between us. Now I find I feel something very alarming, almost threatening through the force. Something that alerts me to danger of someone I care deeply for? Of course my first thoughts were of Obi-Wan. Later I tried to find Master Yoda and I couldn?t?. I suppose Mace is alright; in his office doing whatever it is you council masters do.?

?Yes, I just left him before I came here. I felt a ripple in the force, but to me it came in the form of possible small disturbance of a fellow colleague. As a council master, I can?t limit my colleagues. I consider all of my fellow Jedi a colleague. What you felt through the force must have been directed at someone close to you for it to have caused this much concern for you.?

?Yes, Yes I think you are

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Another great post Ewen! :D

Maybe Master Yoda and Obi will get help soon!

Post more soon! I can't wait to see if Mace and Qui-Gon find Obi. I also hope Qui-Gon and Obi can work out there differences.

Blade

3. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **bounces up and down** Oh! Oh! **points** I think I might see a crack in the bucket over some of the character's heads! **ponders** But then, maybe it's just the light.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He is finally thinking like a master!

5. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    *delurks*

OH NO!
    Poor Master Yoda! Poor Obi-Wan!
    :(

Mace and Qui-Gon getting cracks in thei buckets? [face_shocked] ?

*Faints*

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Grumbbles i'm still mad at quigon and mace and now adi too...........

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Wonderful, it is a start even though Obi and Yoda are already hurt. Mace seems to be a bit more reasonable.

Too bad it took until Yoda was missing for them to figure out anything is wrong. Somehow I?m a bit worried about your next post. I am looking forward to it.

8. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **jumps** Ouch! **jumps** Missed! **jumps** There we go! **slides fic to the top, and wipes hands on pants** That aughta do it. Don't mind me. **wanders away**

9. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  10. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **grins** Ever been happy and sad at the same time? Weird feeling, I tell you. Up!

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Just when Master Jinn thought it pointless to continue the search of the temple; that his apprentice and former master must have been kidnapped and forcibly taken from the temple, hope flourished with a com from an unidentified Jedi telling him otherwise. In his worry and haste to get to where the caller said to go, Master Jinn failed to recognize the master or knight on the other end of that communiqué. The unnamed master instructed Jinn to go to where he would find his apprentice. ?A little worse for wear? was his description of Obi-Wan?s condition.

Jinn?s thoughts prevented him from asking with whom he spoke and just what ?Worse for wear? meant . Jinn did not question the other Jedi?s assessment of his apprentice because he knew it must mean that Obi was a live; something he already knew through the remaining tendrils of their ever-waning bond.

But what about Yoda? was the most that came to Qui-Gon as he hurried to where he had been instructed.

Relief flowed through him as Qui-Gon rushed to retrieve his padawan and see for himself just what ?worse for wear? meant. The big Jedi headed for the roof. Yes, the top of the temple, where the landing port for their small fleet of ships were dispatched from.

As he ran to the hover port, three flights up on the temple roof Padawan Kenobi?s master commed Mace in the midst of all the mayhem and had him alert the healers of possible injuries to his apprentice and to notify the Jedi in the search, that Obi-Wan was found, but they were to continue to search for their leader and loved Master Yoda.

Jinn?s breath left him as soon as he caught sight of his apprentice. In the far corner huddled in a fetal position covered from head to toe with his robe as his apprentice No movement, the morbid sight of Obi-Wan left the master shaken. However he continued to race toward the boy.

Little resemblance to his apprentice did the injured body have. Jinn gently stretched the mangled body of his apprentice, placed his hand on Obi?s chest to check his breathing and also to immediately try to alleviate some of the pain through a healing trance.

Obi-Wan?s body willingly sucked in the healing powers that emanated from his master to his pain-wracked body. Qui-Gon could feel the tension subside along with the pain, that disappeared only marginally, but now seemed tolerable.

?Hell Qui-Gon what happened? Where is the Jedi who left him here? Surely he knew the child should have been immediately transported to the healers? ward.?

So many questions and none of them were answered by the other master. His mind too consumed with his attempt to soothe Obi-Wan?s pain with his healing powers. Later he would wonder and try to make some sense as to what happened. Why a Jedi would have left a fellow Jedi, very young fellow Jedi alone and in so much pain.

Master Jinn?s hand left Obi-Wan only when, at the healers urgent request to Master Windu , Qui-Gon was physically pulled from his padawan.

Adi grabbed Qui-Gon?s other arm and coaxed him, step by step, back down the three flights, to the main floor of the Jedi temple.

?Come on Jinn old boy. I will get you a cup of hot tea and we will head straight to the healers. By then Obi-Wan will be cleaned, repaired, and will look like his old self again. Hopefully he will feel like himself a little more as well.?

?I seriously doubt that Adi.? His voice grew louder to an almost shout. ?Did you see him??

Adi shivered before she answered her friend. She saw Obi-Wan Kenobi and was appalled by the boy?s injuries and that he could receive them right in the sanctity of the temple, his home.

In a soft whisper she acknowledged Master Jinn.

?Yes Qui, we all *SAW* him, but we all also know how excellent our healers are. A couple of patches a bacta and a bath he will feel a lot better. Healer Morgan has already assured you that he would see the pain was kept at bay until you or Obi-Wan could induce another healing trance together to control it.?

Master Gallia and Windu managed to calm Jinn down. The tea

12. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    At Last!! The idiots wake up!! :D

13. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
    To Mace and Qui-Gon:

IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    hurray- they are figuring it out!

15. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
  16. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    The dunderheads are figuring it out!!!! Wow. So Yoda is missing? Maybe we should be happy! Course, he has been reasonably nice in this fic, so... YODA? OH YODA! WHERE ARE YOU?

17. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Glad they have Obi back, and Mace and Qui are finally figuring out something is up with Dyas. They haven't completely seen the light yet or should I say dark when it comes to Dyas. It is hopeful.

...well, I haven't seen Yoda either. Has anyone checked under those rocks over there?

18. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **yanks the rocks up** Hey! Here he is-Never mind. It was just a huge green mushroom.

19. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

you guys/gals crack me up... :)

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I will have to say this this is an amusing bunch reading this story!!!ewen

##############

An hour passed and nothing. No news came from Mace concerning the search of the lowest of lower levels in the temple. Jinn began to think that it was a dead end; nothing found that would warrant a call to him. Just then he felt a nudge to his mind from his apprentice.

Master where am I?

Hush young one. You are safe now. You are at the healers' ward and have been unconscious but.. Well with you making a mental connection with me, I think it will be only a short time before you come back to us. Would you like to try?

Wait Master, just let me rest a moment and try to remember what happened for myself.

It is not uncommon for your mind to repress the memories too painful to bring up right now. Let it go for now. Once you have awaken fully, we can discuss what possibly happened.. Speak face to face and not through our mind link, I think I can help you figure out what happened.

Alright then, but I need a few moments, just a few minutes please. Everything is so hazy?.. I am confused. Was anyone else harmed? Was there an attack on the temple?

Qui-Gon realized Obi-Wan remembered nothing of the past few hours even down to what or who he was attacked by or where it took place. Anything that would help them find Yoda was missing from his mind at the present time.

No. no Obi-Wan, all is well with all of the other Jedi, I think.

The ?I think? was just a wisp of a thought not meant really for Obi-Wan to here through their bond . He wanted to be truthful but he did not want to alaram Obi-Wan that there was possibly another who was accosted as he had been. Even though it was not meant to be ?heard? but Obi-Wan caught it .

Think Master, don?t you know?

Qui-Gon hated to worry Obi-Wan about his grandmaster, but he also wanted to find out if there was anything Obi could tell him of the little green guy.

There is nothing to worry about padawan, but we seemed to have misplaced Yoda in the temple. Not that we know he is harmed or anything but?.

The apprentice, still in an unconscious state tossed and turned on the bed. The restlessness was followed by a very loud and painful sounding groan.

Then he wasn?t attacked by those who attacked me? Maybe he is not in the temple at all?? OHH??? My head hurts?

I am sure it does. Just relax now. You might be right. Don?t concern yourself right now. Yoda could have very well gone shopping in the city.

Maybe his muja fruit was getting low. Even with his pain, Jinn felt endearing thoughts pass through Obi-Wan?s mind when the lad thought of his grandmaster. Yoda was infamous for shopping for the right muja fruit. Mushy meant overripe, uneatable to Master Yoda. He liked his fruit what he called skin-tender and would eat them no other way..

Obi-Wan seemed to relax his worry for his grandmaster with the reassuring words from his master though those words were lies, every one of them. No one in the temple believed Yoda was out shopping. No, the force told Qui-Gon quite clearly with Yoda?s force signature so weak, the little troll of a master had in some way found peril, possibly life threatening. Just finding him was a the confusing part.

While Master Jinn continued to hold his apprentice's hand, afraid to break the contact between them Obi-Wan needed, the old distrusting Qui-Gon resurfaced. He raised his shields while he tried to sort through the resurgent of negative thoughts that continued to hound him even now..

He did not want Obi to know that he had begun to question him just as before when he helped Cerasi and Jinn could only see it as a betrayal to him and the Jedi order. He failed to see what good Obi-Wan attempted to do by assisting the helpless ?Youngers? on Melida/Daan. Jinn had yet to realize Obi did not betray him or the Jedi, he attempted to help those who needed Jedi help. Only good resided in Obi?s heart that day h

24. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Aug 27, 2003
    *Laugh*

You posted the same thing four times.

I like it, BUT QUI-GON IS SUCH A BUCKETHEAD THAT
    NOW I'M GOING TO GO AFTER HIM WITH MY
    LIGHTSABER!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey Mace and Adi,

THAT PRETTY ROCK IS OBI-WAN KENOBI'S BRITHDAY
    PRESENT. GOOD ENOUGH CLUE FOR YOU?

If you can't hear because of the thick bucket
    hats that seem to be a fashion among you all,
    don't worry. I can yell louder.

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    "XANI" Thanx for the heads-up. Don't ask me what I did to get it posted four times, but at first it would not let me delete the other three.

Easy clues, right? Now all you have to do is wait until I can post again???

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.