LCC 9 and Star Wars fan movie challenge 2011

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthOmnious, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

Does anybody know when these 2 contests will start? I really want know so I can start on my entries for both of these.
  2. Whiteley79 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What's stopping you? Start working on them and give yourself plenty of time. :)
  3. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

Nothing is stopping me I just want to know that's all. Anyways did you see the duel by Constantine Razumnov for LCC 8?
    That wrist grab sequence from what I heard was an actual move practiced by the Samurai right? Do you or anyone else know if there are other ways of wrist grab/blade hand controlling, you know like there are different ways of kicking, punching, takedowns and throws in the martial arts. I'm asking this because I want to do a move like that but not the same one because that would be plagiarism right?
  4. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Not really. A good move is a good move. Realy, you would need to match a lot more exchanges to be 'plagiarism', not to mention the same camera angle.

And given the choice I'd rather see someone homage a perr fan work than the prequel trilogy choreo for the 1000th time.
  5. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, it wouldn't be plagiarism at all, unless you're using something the came ip with, and own, and claiming it is yours, and that you came up with it. I mean by your definition, they were plagiarizing a move from samurai. I mean grabbing someones wrist to take control of their hand is an insanely commen thing in every kind ov martial arts. I mean most of the defensive part of krav maga that I've seen uses that.

Not to mention that the original work was a lightsaber fight, as is the new one, so plagiarism would legally not be allowed to be claimed in the first place... Just saying... :D

So, you know, go for it and grab the persons wrist. lol
  6. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

So what should i do? Also you didn't really answer my question, is other ways of doing that wrist grab move from that fight? And was that a real Samurai jujutsu/jujitsu move or was that they just came up with out of the blue?
  7. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Use the move, just adapt it so it's natural with the moves before and after.
  8. GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't seen the fight in question, but Aikido is full of wrist-catches, grabs, and flips, many of which are designed for use against an attacker with a sword. If you're looking for interesting ways of catching a blade-hand and manipulating it, Aikido's a great place to start.

~Duk
  9. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the advice. MTFBWY
  10. madhorizons Jedi Knight

star 3
    Agreed.

Couple of examples, but not necessarily specific to this scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzcyh_DTWRg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xESnHOOP4M0

There's going to be an empty-hand disarming technique in almost all of the martial arts, although Aikido and Aikibujutsu are both very fluid.

As a martial artist, I strongly recommend that you don't just go out and try these types of disarms (or any other moves that involve various locks and such) without proper training. Moving fast in a choreographed fight without proper training could land you in some serious problems. Not saying that it'll happen, but I am wanting you to understand the danger of doing it untrained.
  11. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

Actually I have been trained in martial arts(korean arts-Tang Soo Do & Tae Kwon Do) even though I haven't practiced in years however I do remember some of the moves and as the saying goes once you learn something, you can't unlearn it. And even though those 2 styles ain't like Aikido & Aikijutsu still the moves are similar.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.