main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LCC 9 and Star Wars fan movie challenge 2011

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthOmnious, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthOmnious

DarthOmnious Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011

Does anybody know when these 2 contests will start? I really want know so I can start on my entries for both of these.

2. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    What's stopping you? Start working on them and give yourself plenty of time. :)

3. DarthOmnious

Feb 8, 2011

Nothing is stopping me I just want to know that's all. Anyways did you see the duel by Constantine Razumnov for LCC 8?
    That wrist grab sequence from what I heard was an actual move practiced by the Samurai right? Do you or anyone else know if there are other ways of wrist grab/blade hand controlling, you know like there are different ways of kicking, punching, takedowns and throws in the martial arts. I'm asking this because I want to do a move like that but not the same one because that would be plagiarism right?

4. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Not really. A good move is a good move. Realy, you would need to match a lot more exchanges to be 'plagiarism', not to mention the same camera angle.

And given the choice I'd rather see someone homage a perr fan work than the prequel trilogy choreo for the 1000th time.

5. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Actually, it wouldn't be plagiarism at all, unless you're using something the came ip with, and own, and claiming it is yours, and that you came up with it. I mean by your definition, they were plagiarizing a move from samurai. I mean grabbing someones wrist to take control of their hand is an insanely commen thing in every kind ov martial arts. I mean most of the defensive part of krav maga that I've seen uses that.

Not to mention that the original work was a lightsaber fight, as is the new one, so plagiarism would legally not be allowed to be claimed in the first place... Just saying... :D

So, you know, go for it and grab the persons wrist. lol

6. DarthOmnious

Feb 8, 2011

So what should i do? Also you didn't really answer my question, is other ways of doing that wrist grab move from that fight? And was that a real Samurai jujutsu/jujitsu move or was that they just came up with out of the blue?

7. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Use the move, just adapt it so it's natural with the moves before and after.

8. GheoFabulousDuk

GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    I haven't seen the fight in question, but Aikido is full of wrist-catches, grabs, and flips, many of which are designed for use against an attacker with a sword. If you're looking for interesting ways of catching a blade-hand and manipulating it, Aikido's a great place to start.

~Duk

9. DarthOmnious

Feb 8, 2011
    Thanks for the advice. MTFBWY

10. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Agreed.

Couple of examples, but not necessarily specific to this scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzcyh_DTWRg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xESnHOOP4M0

There's going to be an empty-hand disarming technique in almost all of the martial arts, although Aikido and Aikibujutsu are both very fluid.

As a martial artist, I strongly recommend that you don't just go out and try these types of disarms (or any other moves that involve various locks and such) without proper training. Moving fast in a choreographed fight without proper training could land you in some serious problems. Not saying that it'll happen, but I am wanting you to understand the danger of doing it untrained.

11. DarthOmnious

Feb 8, 2011

Actually I have been trained in martial arts(korean arts-Tang Soo Do & Tae Kwon Do) even though I haven't practiced in years however I do remember some of the moves and as the saying goes once you learn something, you can't unlearn it. And even though those 2 styles ain't like Aikido & Aikijutsu still the moves are similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.