main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC IX BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    To be realistic: How many entries will be worth watching THIS year?

2. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    To be uninteresting: grey.

3. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Just by assumptions and going back the last few entries, I see:

-Dx6channel
    -Kingkool
    -Spiff
    -ephisus
    -Whiteley79

So that leaves two mystery entries.

4. Psilaef_Zeias

Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    To be two bees:
    [image=http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01248/Bees_1248059c.jpg]
    [face_whistling]

5. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    See where this forum has gone? We've finally come down to Seinfeld's level: bee jokes...

Somebody hit me with a zinger.

6. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    [image=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11779069/ricky_zinger.jpg]

7. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    You have no idea how hard I Lol'ed.

GENIUSSSSSSSS!

8. ShaneFarley22

ShaneFarley22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    I know I'm never really active on the forums except around the lcc and even then Im not really. But I def agree with you two on the matter. I'm hoping it's just an off year. Although me and my crew might be the only ones ecstatically excited about the rereleases in 3D (including the prequels) maybe the big screen presence will excite a new generation of choreographers and film makers. I know that for myself, there's not a year that goes by where I don't want to do one.

9. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    By my estimation, at least ten of them. But let's be honest. They were all worth watching at least once. How bad would they have to be that they're not worth watching even one time?

10. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    I have to be honest, opening the LCC up to the public, sounds likes its going to be sloppy. One suggestion was creating a public channel where entrants can upload there own entries. Several problems there. You can scrap a deadline because people will just continue uploading. A scrapped deadline means upload anytime and that doesn't sound like a contest/competition to me. Too many times have I've seen outsiders to the TF.N hand in an entry that broke all the rules; It was previously released, it's part of a fan film that came out already and they never put the bumper. A public run LCC WILL be sloppy without a control so Sage and I scrapped that idea a long time ago.

But fear not, I have lots of new rules for the LCC X and for those outsiders, more DETAILED rules. I know I'm way ahead of schedule here, but I'm writing and revising those rules now and I'll go over them with Sage. LCC X is where I will bring the fun back. Promise.

11. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    It better, else LCC XI will feature many cameos with you on the business end of a lightsaber :p

12. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    ...Hooray! I'm helping!

13. Whiteley79

Mar 19, 2006
    To handle the whole deadline thing with entrants uploading there own videos, couldnt you just set the profile from public to private? Or simply just change the password when the deadline comes around? I think the idea would be people send you a small version of the video for review, and if it is eligible, you simply send them the username and password to the profile for uploading their HD versions. This is ,as they say, your party, but there are solutions to these things.

I think one of the main ways of expanding the contest is just getting the word out there. Announcing the contest on TFN main page, Reaching out to other Star Wars sites, specifically to those who focus on Crafting sabers and fight choroegraphy. I would have started doing this contest long before I did if I simply knew about it, which I didn't until I happend across this section of the tfn forum.

14. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Seven entries is just the calm before the LCCX storm. Everyone is revving up for that one.

15. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Only 2-4 entries per year are engaging enough to keep you watching until the end anyway. This is just one slow year, I think we can all calm down [face_peace]

16. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    I'm already drafting up ideas for next year since I missed out on this one.

Sage, you know what to do.

17. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    Whiteley, you need to be on AIM or Meebo often.

18. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Just watched all the entries, we definitely have some good stuff this year.

19. Whiteley79

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry man, I don't use IM applications anymore. In the world of Facebook chat/messaging, why bother IMO. Hit me up on there though.

20. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    If you stop using IM, the terrorists win.

My running theory on the low entry count is that people are holding out for LCCX. I know I've got something cooking for it that I could've pursued this year, but decided against for this reason. Is this the case for anyone else?

21. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I just got caught up with things this summer. Got back to Nebraska late June, had a few weeks prepping for India, then went there, and then the looking for work when I got back was all sorta higher on my list of priorities. We looked at the calendar last week and were like "we better whip something together!" But alas, we seriously lack crew members here in Norfolk; at least people who could shoot with a DSLR, what with no autofocus and whatnot.

22. Mandalorian4

Mandalorian4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2008
    That's the case here. Didn't have time this year to make anything, but have been planning for our entry into LCCX for a little while now.

23. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    Here too... Had two different entries in mind this year, but instead turned all focus onto next year.

24. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    I got something planned for next year. Gonna be getting a camera soon.

We are officially out this year, sadly.

25. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    I'm telling you man, I have serious plans for that LCC X. My only problem is categorizing it as the 10th Annual or 10th Anniversary. Other than that, serious plans. So I am glad that people held out.

Anywho...

LCC X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.