main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC IX BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Annual. Sounds more formal and event-like.
    And I can't wait! We should probably watch the IX entries first, though...

2. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I just realized I'm going to miss the live judging this year :( I really enjoyed it last year, I can't wait to watch the recorded version go up when I come back from out of town on Sunday!

3. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Fun Fact: 5 of 7 entries involve people who have previously made LCC entries.

So when are the entries "officially" public?

4. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Next year: Definitely. This year: Not so much.

As for next years promotion, try getting some actual sponsors. Tumblemonster's mbp giveaway is one thing, but try to get more prizes, and maybe prizes for various categories? I know you(ObiJuan) are very opposed to others giving ideas for rules and whatnot, and a bit of a sturdy nitwit when it comes to file sizes(no offense), but if you want the next one to be the biggest yet, how about not just going huge on the details, but also on the rewards?

5. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    I'm entering in LCCX mainly for my own enjoyment and a chance to come full circle. I?m not interested in stuff to motivate me.

6. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    [dangles bacon in front of Laz]

Are you sure?

7. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    I kinda want to do an entry in 3d next year. Even if it's a small one on the side. lol

8. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    Maybe I missed something, (sorry if this question has already been answered) but I'm with Phi, when do we get to see them?

9. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Saturday is the big day. Entries will be released and we will do the livestream video reviews/judging/awarding, which was a lot of fun last year. Everybody should be sure to check it out. If I'm not mistaken, I think the entries will be released at 10:00am PST, and the 'cast will start two hours later (noon PST).

10. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    Thanks, not sure how I missed that! Looking forward to seeing them.

11. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    I want to say this before we see the entries, and this is something I've been thinking about for a long time.

As much as I have trouble embracing Rivals, I gotta say that Whiteley's entry in LCC VI was the one that I watched that I said, "Maybe I could do this." It was great, energetic, there aren't any effects, and Whiteley is sort of a big guy. I was like, "Maybe I could do something like this." Of course, I didn't get in until the next year, but if I had missed his entry, I doubt I would have ever gotten involved.

I've rewatched it a few times since then. It's short, but it's awesome.

12. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I'd like to watch the entries before they're judged, and I'm sure others do too. Two hours leaves barely any time for that.

13. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    You have 2 hours to watch 49 minutes of content, at most.

14. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    You have two hours to watch just a shade over half an hour, actually. Should be fine.

15. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I guess that works. Around noon (here) I'll be continually refreshing the page till the post is made containing the link to the entires. Where I will then proceed to watch them as quick as possible to have time afterwards for a break before the show. :)

16. Mandalorian4

Mandalorian4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the entries you're looking for?

http://vimeo.com/channels/131939/page:1

17. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    For LCC X I would suggest the following:

Sunday, 23:59: Entry deadline
    Wednesday: Entries released publicly, both on Vimeo or YouTube for streaming and optional larger file download. Public voting and discussion starts.
    Saturday: Public voting closes. Big awesome judging event starts, with judged and voted winners announced.

Basically it gives people a chance to watch and review and talk and vote on the entries before the judges give their call. We're a community, not observers of an elite club (no offence to the DIF crew! You guys are awesome!).

As for this year, the entries have been online since Tuesday and I see no reason not to link to them now.

18. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Ah, cat's out of the bag. Loved every single entry this year. Will review after the judging. And thanks for the kind words kingkool. The tunnel is one of my favorite fights of ours. Im especially proud of the reversed hilt bash move I do. :)

19. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    The cat is out of the bag but damn Vimeo, I password protected those entries! What the hell happened? Teague and I discussed releasing the entries on the 10th, with the voting page AND the DIF Judging all on the same day.

20. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Dude, I told you they were publicly visible days ago. Private videos on public channels are public. You have to make the channel private or something.

Anyway: Awesome job everybody. This year's batch is quality, and it's really neat to see the evolution of teams who have entered multiple competitions.

21. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    When you try to view them individually they are password protected, but not when they are embedded together on that page. Weird.

22. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Wow.
    Spiff is gettin' sexy in his old age.

23. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    It worked last year. But oh well. They're out. My fault, Phi, didn't read the PM in time. Enjoy them everyone. Voting however will still open on Saturday.

And yes Vapes, Spiff is sexy. But don't say that too much, Phi, from what I heard (not really) is violent.

24. -Spiff-

-Spiff- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Sexy dance: [face_dancing]

:D

Wait....

o_O

OLD!?!?

:_|

-Spiff

25. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    Blah, don't worry Spiff, you can't be older than me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.