main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC IX BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    I fully intend to enter again this year.

2. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I 100% plan on saying I will enter but then won't!

3. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Which is why I won't "join" until my entry actually begins shooting.

4. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I think I may be in. I had a second one planned for last year that I didn't have time to do so I may try it this year.

5. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Why do you have a 7 min. time limit? It seems like 10 min. would give more time for a story.

6. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    If you need 3 more minutes for your story in a choreography contest, you're doing it wrong.

7. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    ^I just tried to 'Like' that, but realized we're in the forums.
    But he's right. Story should be minimal. You want to do a full story, you can go make a full movie. This is a choreography contest. [face_not_talking]

You'll have just as much success with
    1) They fight.

as you will with

1) You killed my brother!
    2) No, I am your brother! And I'm sleeping with your sister!
    3) That's not true, that's impossible!
    4) Also, our master that trained us, yeah I killed him too. You pissed at me yet? Everyone aware I'm the bad guy? Good.
    5) I'm gonna fight you so hard.
    6) Yeah? Bring it.
    7) Oh, it's gonna be broughten.
    8) CHASE SCENE
    9) Okay. This is where we're gonna fight. Cool location, right? So much better than that other one we kind of wanted to use but decided against so we just used it for the story bits.
    10) Slow mo circling, aaaaand...
    11) They fight.

Except you'll get fewer people saying "The story was too long".

8. Joel_K

Joel_K Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    That story is too long.

9. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    I'm glad to hear that jedipastor shall probably join this year. Been a favorite of mine since The Conflict Within. I thought last years was pretty creative too, though short. The second year with the saberstaff was unique too. I always look forward to the lightsaber choreography competitions to see what people can come up with. Good luck teams... wish I could join you, maybe someday... :)

10. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Story is fine, don't drag it out though. This has to be mentioned in every LCC because imagine this:

You're a person new to the LCC scene and you want to take a look at some entries. You're excited to finally sit at your comp and watch your first entry. This entry however, has 5 minutes of dialogue and only 2 minutes of Choreography. Worst is if the 2 min. choreography was scattered throughout the whole 7 mins.

This is not ok to do. The entry will be disqualified. If anything it should be the other way around (5 min. choreography and only 2 min. of dialogue).

11. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Since about the start of the year I've been getting the script, costumes, and props ready for my entry. Is that ok or does everything have to be done within the contest time limit?

12. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Watch this if you are looking for the perfect example of well balanced story and choreography.

13. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    ^Word.
    Another of my favorites for story isEclipse. The fight technically doesn't begin until about 2:30, but it helps that the story is totally awesome and also includes a little saber action into the setup.

14. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I've done a three minute fight/story (Bounty) and an eleven minute throw down (Rivals). The lesson I've learned? Just make a fun entry. Have fun during choreo, fun during shootng, fun during editing, (not much fun doing effects for me), fun showing the final product, and in light of last year, fun watching DownInFront. Story or no story, three minutes or eleven, as long as its fun and has some cool moves, I'll be a fan.

I was planning on sitting this year out, as I've submitted an entry four years running and finally scored a win. However, the boys were over the other night and we started throwing out ideas and gags, so now I'm pretty excited. We'll see.

15. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Just so you know, I?m going to destroy everyone in LCCX.

In the meantime? I?m debating with myself to do something for LCC 9. Maybe something goofy, or weird proof of concept for the fun of it, something Form Zero-ish.

16. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    I can't imagine finding time to do one...I've still not finished my un-enterable version from last year.

17. GheoFabulousDuk

GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Someday I will enter one of these again. That day is not today, but it will happen. I still like the script I wrote, way back for LCCIV, and still have the sabers I made for it. Only now I actually know how to choreograph a fight and frame a scene properly.

...but not this year.

~Duk

18. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Word. If I'm entertained by it, I like it. As for the cool moves, I got some awesome stuff in mind. No story or anything, not even gonna have a start tothe fight, just gonna start mid move. lol

Also got some cool shots in mind, relying less on the choreo than the camera work.

19. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    This year I'm going for my 4th second place. :)

I might have to change my name to "brides maid" around here.

In all reality, the one I have in mind, that I didn't have time to do last year, is just a cute little thing that probably won't compare to my other ones.

20. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    Oh wait, I already had an epic saber duel with Vapes earlier in the year:

[image=http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197714_10150441557675641_693255640_17485989_7125367_n.jpg] [image=http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197220_10150441557575641_693255640_17485986_2654639_n.jpg]

21. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I'm not as think as you Sith I am.

22. Laszlo

Nov 9, 2006
    Much beer I sense in you.

23. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Hey, look, Vapes...a second TPM reference in one day.

I told you. Always two there are.

24. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    No slacking Pastor, I'm expecting to see an epic fight just like the last three that you have done. You should do a sequel to Conflict Within, where now Sin has returned and he is stronger than before.

25. Psilaef_Zeias

Psilaef_Zeias Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Might as well call it the "Silver Sermon Award."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.