***LCC VI Rules***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Whiteley79 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why not get together with Silentbat? From what I know, he's there in LA and looking for a partner... you know, in the non-gay way.
  2. SilentBat Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I saw Michael and Ryan. Spoke to Ryan for a short while when they wouldn't let them in the theater for their OWN debut ... haha. Um, I may already have a partner but woah! To even mention my name like that Whiteley79 is craziness. Haha! I don't know we'll see. Ryan is certainly closer to me than my prospective partner. :confused:

EDIT: Oh yes, this is all in a non-gay way.

Oh and I signed myself up here.
  3. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    And there's STILL nobody else in VT. Gah.

I'd really dig making an entry with somebody from the boards.
  4. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    If I don't wind up making one, as it's lookin' sketchy for now, I don't mind being an alternate. If you need one.

-Vaportrail
  5. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Wookieefett Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok I think the contest is off, we already have a winner! Hehe...
    If you want to travel all the way to Australia I'll be your partner, in a non-gay way :p
  7. Lord_Charisma Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I'm actually a bit worried about that. Anyone who claims the "fame factor" won't have an influence here is deluding themselves.
  8. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone who's too scared to go up against Ryan shouldn't compete to being with.
  9. Lord_Charisma Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I won't (probably ever) be entering the LCC, but I don't think it's unfair to say there's going to be a bit of the fame factor involved. Having a panel of judges rather than a public vote helps limit this, I guess.
  10. Kaat Jedi Master

star 4
    Rethinking the decision to put alot of effort into something that would probably not be able to compete against Ryan's work at its fullest (something around RvD I or II) doesn't have anything to do with being scared.
    I don't think that Ryan, if he competes, will go all out, because he's pretty much already done it. But if he did, that would change the chances for the other entries quite a bit, I suppose. I understand Lord_Charisma's talk about the fame factor.

Not that I am reconsidering my decision to take part or something. Knowing that Ryan will enter the contest just makes one entry more on my "butt to be kicked"-list. [face_mischief] ;)
  11. fjrsm Jedi Knight

star 3
    And if Ryan wants to come to Portugal, I'll be glad to duel him and take care of some of the vfx. The stay could be cheap/free.
  12. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Chances smanches? Fame is a factor but not a deciding one. Very few entries of LCC?s II to V can stand along the original Ryan vs. Dorkman or Art of the Saber and that?s a shame given the raw talent here. If you?re participating to compete, to win, to dominate you should make an entry that?s superior to the winners of all the previous contests, if only to start.

Speaking as a fan (and not a judge) I?ve little patience for milquetoast entries.

You don?t have to compete to win, you can simply participate for fun and there?s nothing wrong with that. But if you want to measure yourself against your peers why not go up against the very best? Knowing we were going up against Ryan & Brandon for LCC III gave the Eclipse team a little more juice, not only to do a fun fight but a little extra incentive to go in our own creative direction. We lost to R&B, sure, but the controversy we stirred was a prize on its own.
  13. Lord_Charisma Jedi Master

star 4
    Now THERE'S a word that should be used more often.
  14. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    ...and it'll be an honour winning against you :p
  15. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    That sounds like a challenge to me. Hmmm.

-Vaportrail
  16. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Good. As somebody said before, I already put everything I've got into RvD2 and I'm not trying to make something on that level. I just want to get out and have a good time with somebody and make a fun fight... not worry too much about the details or location, or making it epic or anything, just try to experiment with ideas and have a good time. More in the vain of RvB than RvD.
  17. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    RvB was cool. Hopefully we'll raise the bar this year, the last one or two were disappointing (in general; there were some nice ones).
  18. Whiteley79 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I say bring it on, Ryan. Everyone needs to make the best entry possible, so knowing a little of the competition should be a motivation, not a discouragement. However, with this update of information, perhaps a youtube vote wouldn't be the best of ideas. Fanboy's tend to be a little...overzealous.

Rather then a public vote, which I believe should still be held for TFN members, I think that the judge's vote should be the deciding factor this year. Not only would it make the voting results a little more fair all across the board with educated decisions and comparisons, but it would also eliminate the option of a lesser quality entry's author from going to the local library and voting for himself 20 times just to say "Yeah, I beat Ryan Weiber."

Anyone agree?
  19. Rhys Force Ghost

star 4
    You could go with a similar to system to what we're doing with the WDC. If you have 4 judges, then the public acts as the 5th judge, and the score split between the 5 accordingly based on judges scores and public votes. Would give the public a say but without the risk of it completely perverting the competition results.
  20. stealth9908 Jedi Knight

star 1
    you would think with ryan in the comp, everyone will step their game up. Im hoping to get a entry in this year. Still planning from last years LCC.:(
  21. Robi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    People should stop underestimating themselves. Ryan's good, but so can you be.
  22. fjrsm Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm with Robi-Wan. Ryan Wieber has the talent make good choreographies. Everybody can do it.
    A great mind once said:

I think it kinda goes like that... Anyways...
    My brother and I are starting to plan the choreography. We haven't started the 'Training Sessions' yet, but we will probably get on it this week.

I was thinking about filming in an abandoned (in this case "abandoned" is stinking ruiny rotten) warehouse. It was a fish drying facilities. The roof is mostly collapsed, you can go up the roof (actually, you can go through a LOG that is on top of the non-existing roof)... There are 2 completely gigantic and black, dark rooms. There is also a refrigerator room. This one is pretty creepy due to the blue-greenish lighting that it gets... On the "main hall", the roof pieces are all gathered in one place so there's a pretty big mountain in the floor. On the 2nd floor (oh yeah!), there are two paths, one to a narrow attic (mostly no roof, so it's pretty bright. You can get to the log from here), and another leading to a narrower attic. Both attics are really cool.

On the right side of the warehouse, there is an abandoned house (it's like the warehouse: no windows or anything. Just white cement). It's not as good but on the roof, it's like a tower. It's really cool.
    Anyways, I've discovered it on the Summer of 2007. I was riding my bike on the beach and I decided to see what was behind that wall. I didn't knew my whole life. I looked... Nothing but a sea of thorns.

And there I went with my bike on my back. After passing through that 'sea', I found another wall and hid my bike there. Went up the hill... I found the warehouse... There was some vegetation on the sides (before the actual buildings) that look like a graveyard because there were pieces of stone (probably a meter tall) on the grass...
    When I finished exploring the facilities, I grabbed my bike and I went home... NOT... I grabbed my bike and I went to the warehouse to have some fun!!

Wow... Big post...
    Well.. I hope I didn't write this for nothing.

Filipe "Philip" Monteiro
  23. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a pretty sweet location you've got there.
  24. section33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is gonna be an interesting contest, looking forward to seeing the results... and it'll be interesting to see Ryans work in contest again, I had hoped you'd get involved.

Gaz
  25. ElectroFilms Jedi Knight

star 3

I hope he's bluffing...

So far this whole thread has been like an evil game of poker...

I can only hope every thing goes right in mine.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.