***LCC VI Rules***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. norsemen Jedi Padawan

ObiJuan,

I'm way out of the loop! Tell me of this saber contest you speak of!

Norsemen
  2. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    The LCC is a contest. It's a contest where you and a friend(s) can get together, film yourself fighting with Lightsabers (created or bought). You edited it, add sound, sound FXs and VFXs. Have it ready by the deadline, turn it in and wait to see if you've won. That's pretty much it. Just follow the rules on the the first page of this thread.
  3. Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, life is interesting.

So I had planned on entering this competition. I finished machining my hilts, found a crew and an opponent, as well as a location, and had begun choreographing.

However, yesterday whilst longboarding, I fell at about twenty miles and hour onto rough asphalt and landed on my right shoulder, tearing the muscles and stretching the tendon, dislocating it. Now this is the third time I've dislocated the same shoulder in six months.

I'm sufficiently sedated with pain meds to cover the external pain, and I've heard my mother discussing surgery of some kind with one of her doctor friends (my mom is a nurse, as well).

Lets hope this doesn't take up too much of my time. Haha...

But in the meantime, picture a lightsaber fight, where one of the combatants has a dead arm flopping around as they fight.

-Semi
  4. SilentBat Force Ghost

star 4
  5. Sojourn Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm really sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you heal soon.

Take care,
    Sojourn

P.S. Though if those hilts are just sitting around gathering dust . . . ;)

P.P.S. With regards to the voting, what about having both a judges' vote and a public vote? So there could be both a judges' ranking, and an "audience choice" ranking. Only one would get the prizes, I suppose, and it would probably be best to have the judges' pick for that. But that way, people could see both sets of results.
  6. YodaSmeagol Jedi Knight

star 1
    By any chance, is anyone around here in Utah? I don't think anyone is, but I guess it's worth a shot.
  7. SilentBat Force Ghost

star 4
    darkender is in UTAH.
  8. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats what the judge's reviews are for Sojourn.

If I could suggest something to the judges (unless they have been doing this already) if they could, at the end of their reviews, use the scoring system of "Out of 10...". Example;

"Entry # 4: I like the choreography. The effects left a lot to the imagination, however this being a Choreography Contest, the effects can be over looked. Good job.

7/10."

Nothing hard really just summing everything up with a score.

Just a suggestion.
  9. Shauntron Jedi Padawan

I'm in and I'm bringing my stunt buddies along for the ride. Shame TigerCraneFist isn't in the running, since it's his two previous entries that got us pumped enough to enter the contest!

I'm also excited that Ryan is participating, since I (and many other) owe my start in AE to his tutorials, and RvD stands among the many homemade fights that persuaded me to step foot in martial arts classes to begin with.

As someone who merely lurks during LCC season, I will enter as a non-tfn member.
  10. Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Master

star 4
    As much as I'd love to contribute, I'm afraid that I'm gonna be holding on to these hilts. At least, until I can start churning out more of them. :)

I hope this competition turns out as well as, if not better than, the previous comps.

And I'm hoping I'll be able to enter.

-Semi
  11. tumblemoster Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Shauntron Jedi Padawan

^^^ Awesome! I wish I had your tools. You should make an entry with absurd HK-style wirework, the weirder the better!

This is a newbish question, but I was curious if there were any restrictions on the quantity of people that can fight in the film? Is it strictly 1v1, or can there be group fights?
  13. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    I am. I live up in Layton, if you know where that is.

Darkender? Does he hang around this forum? I don't recongnize him.
  14. SilentBat Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't actually know darkener.. I just found him on the TFN location finder thing.
  15. 1337mik3 Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Kaat Jedi Master

star 4
    As far as I can tell from the rules, there's no exact limitation in how many people you have involved in your battle. But I have to admit that, first, more lightsabers means more rotoscoping... prolly alot more rotoscoping... and second, I've actually never quite seen a decent lightsaber fight with more than two people involved, except in the Star Wars-movies themselves. Or actually TPM, that is, since Anakin/Obi-Wan vs. Dooku in ROTS wasn't all that great, I think.
  17. fjrsm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Small question... Is there gonna be a screen saying LCC VI that we can download when the contest begins?
  18. Laszlo Jedi Master

star 4
    Though it?s not intuitive I?ll give it a try. I don?t want my reviews to end up sounding like accounting sheet to explain the score away? but it makes sense if anyone under the top 3 would like to know their ranking I guess. I suppose the trick would be who gets the 10 and who gets the 1; if we?re going to score based only on the current entries or measure them by light saber duels past.
  19. Funk-E Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweet, I'm so psyched that some of The Stunt People are involved.
  20. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Is that like a formal request, or what?

-Vaportrail
  21. Vidina Force Ghost

star 4
    nc

My entry will have some pretty kick-ass stunts. All performed by us, but I guess you already know I don't care for the safety of me or my fellow actors :p

Anyways, I might not be teaming up with Robi-Wan after all, as I've secured cameras (2 Panasonic DVX100's), an experienced cameraman, a location (a factory kind of like in RvD2), and we may have people working with mics and lights, aswell as a very good music composer. My mother also agreed on doing practical makeup, so as it is now, I might as well stay here, where I've already got everything in order, 5 months before deadline :)
  22. Shauntron Jedi Padawan

I think about group-fight dynamics/logic when I go to sleep at night, so I hope we can come up with something exciting and satisfying! On that note, I would never have more than 3 blades on screen at any given time, maybe four or five very briefly. But no matter how many assailants there are, most good group fights are cleverly disguised 2v1s or 3v1s with people swapping in and out (and the worst group fights are poorly-disguised 1v1s with people dancing around in the background). I'll try not to bury myself in VFX work when it's over though :)
  23. norsemen Jedi Padawan

I just recently finish NT (www.nerdtrilogy.com) and in it there is a fight scene with 6 "lightswords" at the end. You can see it on the website. Granted I didn't have them on the screen all at once ALL the time, that would be a lame fight scene.

Anyway, it was a HUGE pain in the ass. Many many many many many many many hours of rotoing. Look under "Prison break" to watch the scene.

24. Veritas21885 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd be in, but don't have a camera(well I do but it's craptastic)-if anyone need a partner I'm game Viginia beach area
  25. StickGuyProductions Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anyone around Hot Springs, AR? :p
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.