main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**LCC VIII Begins!**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    1) We reserve the right to adjust, alter, add, remove, and downright screw with any rule that we choose. There is a reason for this. Circumstances change. We are not omnipotent. We cannot foresee every bump in the road. When things go bad, we have to do what's best for the contest. We will, however, do our best to keep things set in stone.

2) The NEW maximum compressed file size limit is set to 50 MB or under. Also, all files have to be QuickTime (.mov). Using the H.264 codec will help you achieve the 50 MB or under file size limit while giving you very good quality video for your entry. Quicktime is a standard format that we've always used and we see no reason to deviate.

3) Running times must come in under 7 minutes. Credits and opening titles, logos, etc., do not count against your time.

4) ENTRIES MUST BE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED. We can not stress this enough. We are not flexible on this rule. This one has been around from the beginning.

5) No single contestant extensions. If we reach the deadline and we deem that there are not enough entries received at the time, we may grant a small extension to try and accommodate as many as possible.

6) Go nuts. Use anything you want. Weapons, costumes, and yes a story too, if you like. As long as you meet the time limit criteria, we want to see what you have. Just make sure you remember that this IS a LIGHTSABER CHOREOGRAPHY contest. Have fun, guys.

Contest starts Friday, June 4th 2010 and the deadline for entries is Sunday, September 5th 2010. I threw in an extra month as usual by making the announcement today. Your entry must be in my hands before 11:59:59 PM, EST Saturday September 4, 2010. That's 8:59:59 PM, PST.

Here are some answers to possible questions;

I will not accept .WMVs, AVIs, .DIVXs, .FLVs, .MP4s or any other file type that isn't .MOV. Your entry's file name must end with the .MOV extension.

I will time Chase scenes and dialogues just like last year. If they are longer than the Lightsaber Choreography, you will be disqualified.

Yes your entry will be disqualified also if I see your entry posted somewhere else before the deadline of the LCC VIII.

Yes there will be outsiders entering the contest again this year. Though with the site down, I don't know how the news will get to them.

I will use my personal website to host the entries if I do not hear from Sage before September.

The scoring system will be the same as before (1st place will get 3 points, 2nd place will get 2 points and 3rd place will get 1 point) and will be created by tumblemoster.

Questions and, when the Deadline approaches, finished Entries should be delivered to my personal e-mail with a link to either yousend or filefront, or any file hosting site to;

juannavedo@mindscapefilms.net

Please send your e-mails with the subject line "LCC VIII" for entries and "LCC VIII Question" for questions.

Good Luck and May the Force.....you know.

2. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    In case I am unable to film an entry, is anyone interested in teaming up with me in the Burbank/ Los Angeles Area?

4. Mstarr88

Mstarr88 Jedi Padawan

Sep 12, 2009
    YES. I will definitely be attempting an entry. June to September this time? Can't wait to get started.

5. VincentG

VincentG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2007
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
  7. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Awesome. Got something real special planned this year.

8. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    I have a fun entry planned this year. Next year is the "big guns" entry so to speak...

9. ElectroFilms

ElectroFilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2007
    Didnt see it posted so I figured I'd ask, DIF is still doing judging/ commentary/ their thing as discussed in the pre-thread?

10. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I don't think I'm likely to enter but watching is fun too!

11. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    How long have I got time to confirm my participation? I am definitely interested, I just need to bring the right people together for this. But unlike the previous years, I am really able to do so this time.

12. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Oo, Summer. I've been saying this for three years, now, but I might actually join this year! :p

13. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    Yes DIF in still going ahead with the Judging, Commentary (Critique) of the entries and Announcement of the Winners.

As long as it isn't completely last minute lol. You could, say for example, announce that you;re joining in July with no problems. August is kind of pushing it but not for me, more so for you as it is very little time to get things done the way I'm sure you want them done. Savvy?

EDIT: I've made a Facebook Page for the LCC in hopes to spread the word now that the site is temporarily down. Just look up "Lightsaber Choreography Contest" in the search bar.

14. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    I am in.
    Maybe one more fx test shoot this week before the real deal.

15. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    I speak for all of us (Brian, Dorkman, Trey, Eddie and Ryan) when I say that we are extremely freaking psyched to tear you people down and make you feel like complete ****.

Wait, no, the other thing. [face_dancing]

16. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    I heart Fig.

Just saying.

17. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    AvN2 won't be destined for this, but oddly enough we're in the planning stages of another lightsaber escapade that we just happen to be planning to begin shooting that weekend, and releasing around the deadline [face_mischief]

18. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I see. Okay, just wanted to be sure. I'd rather work quietly on an entry and not join til I am sure that I'll finish it than say that I'm in and then not make it in time, like in the last couple of years.

19. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    Shouldn't the "LIGHTSABER CHOREOGRAPHY" contest actually have.... "LIGHTSABERS"?

That should be a rule, as almost all entrants are using staffs and not sabers, it just becomes a staff choreography contest without the saber effects. Sure the roto is time consuming, but that's over half the contest overlooked and ignored. Just sayin...

I might enter this one, I'll see time wise.

20. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    Another year I'd love to enter but have no partner...

Anyone out there live in Sacramento?

21. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    If you are refering to Sacramento, CA, how far is that from Burbank/LA?

22. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    Alas, about 6-8 hours.

23. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Anybody wanna come to Vermont?

24. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Like, in general?

I challenge you to count the staffs in last year's entries and prove that the staff-to-saber ratio is in favor of the former.

25. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Sweet, the contest starts on my birthday. Lol.

I will, as usual, try to make an entry posible, but I doubt it'll get anywhere. At least if past contests are any indication... Judging perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.