main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC X BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Hello fellow stick bangers of the world?.wide web. In celebration of the 10th Annual LCC, we decided to change some things to make for a better LCC experience. Here are the rules:

1) We reserve the right to adjust, alter, add, remove, and downright screw with any rule that we choose, and this year, we did just that!

2) This year we are allowing for, what we call, "Personal Uploading". You can upload your entry to your personal YouTube page as "UNLISTED". Remember, it's very important to make your entry (link) "UNLISTED" so that the only people who can view your entry, will be the only people who you gave the link to. After making your entry "UNLISTED" the link must be sent to me via e-mail. This means that there is no longer file size limits. It's your page, make the entry the highest quality of HD you can.

3) Your entry cannot have more than five views before the deadline approaches. Upload it, check it, do what you have to do but do it within 5 views, but you can't send it to other people before and a little after the deadline. Remember, the contest doesn't OFFICIALLY end until after the Judges reviews. Only then can you start changing your entries from "UNLISTED" to "PUBLIC".

4) Running times must come in under 10 minutes. Credits and opening titles, logos, etc., this year WILL count against your time limit with the exception of the bumper. This rule went into effect because of a few entries we had to disqualify over the years that had longer credits and opening titles than it should be. Opening titles should NOT be 1 min. long or over guys, come on.

5) Use any weapons you want in addition to Lightsabers. Just remember, Lightsabers are the focus of the Choreography.

6) ENTRIES MUST BE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED. We can not stress this enough. We are not flexible on this rule. This one has been around from the beginning. This rule also goes for Fan Films. We will not accept Lightsaber fight scenes that were meant for Fan Films, previously released or not. This, again, goes for entries you meant to release in the last LCC, but couldn't due to time constraints. Your entry MUST be made for the LCC X and LCC X alone as for any other LCC's.

7) No single contestant extensions. If we reach the deadline and we deem that there are not enough entries received at the time, we may grant a small extension to try and accommodate as many as possible.

8) Make a story if you want or just go in fighting. As long as you meet the time limit criteria, we want to see what you have. Just make sure you remember that this IS a LIGHTSABER CHOREOGRAPHY contest. Have fun, guys.

Contest starts Friday, April 6th 2012 and the deadline for entries is Sunday, September 2nd 2012. Once again, I gave everyone an extra "free" month. Use this free month for planning your entry. Your entry must be in my hands before 11:59:59 PM, EST Saturday September 1, 2012. That's 8:59:59 PM, PST.

Here are some answers to possible questions;

I will time chase scenes, dialogue and anything else that's NOT Choreography. If they are longer than the Choreography itself, you will be disqualified. There should never be chase scenes, dialogue, etc... that's longer than the choreography. That's a No-no.

Yes your entry will be disqualified also if I see your entry posted somewhere else before the deadline of the LCC X. This is a huge rule.

Yes there will be outsiders joining the TF.Ners who are entering the contest again this year.

The scoring system will be the same as before (1st place will get 3 points, 2nd place will get 2 points and 3rd place will get 1 point).

Questions and the Unlisted Links are to be sent to my email at;

juannavedo@mindscapefilms.net

Please send your e-mails with the subject line "LCC X Question" for questions and/or "LCC X Unlisted Link" for the link to your entry.

Good Luck, don't hurt yourself and have fun.

2. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    Awesome, that time of the year already...... Can't wait to see everyone's videos as usual. :)

3. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Sweet...

And I have a camera this year, so we might get to film.

4. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Additional question: will there still be an official LCC page on Vimeo? Do we *have* to use our own YouTube page, etc., or can we submit as has been done in previous years as well if we want?

No idea if I want to, just looking for clarification.

YAY for the official announcement, though!

5. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Adding to rule # 2: If you don't have a YouTube Page, make one. YouTube Unlisted link is pretty much mandatory. Sorry Boter.

6. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    So glad to know we can upload things ourselves. I'm bummed enough that we'll have to scale down to 1080p for the release; at least we don't have to go even smaller and further destroy the image to get it in under 50 MB or something.

7. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Nice. So, anyone down for collabing on a CG entry at all? (I'm assuming collaboration between forum members is allowed, which I don't see why it wouldn't be)

8. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Always has been. Heck, I think the most memorable entries of past contests were between forum members, with a few exceptions (Duel of the Dorks being one, although Alex did provide the camera and shot the opening dialogue).

9. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Yea, that's what I figured. I just hope that I can actually create an entry this year, since I've been unable to in previous years. In fact, I still have lightsabers in the back of my car from the last attempt nearly 2 years ago. Hopefully I can put them to good use this year.

10. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well hello Mister Fancy Pants.

I'm pumped. LCCX. I'm expecting everyone to join and go all out.
    If this is to be our 10th Annual, then I would have them make such a 10th Annual as to be worthy of remembrance.

11. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    No problem at all :) Was just looking for a rule clarification, is all.

12. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Dibs on the stinger.

I will fight Ricky in the face.

13. DarthOmnious

DarthOmnious Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2011

Hopefully THIS time I will be able 2 enter.

14. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    So LCCX. I think we should do oury best to make this the biggest year ever for this contest. Anyone have any ideas on how we can kickstart this year and try to attract people who may have a passing interest in saber fights but never mad their way to tfn or the LCC? I was thinking we might, as a community, put a video together and try to make it viral. Just an idea. Either way, Im very excited to see what everyone cooks up, and to show what we have planned.

Also, does anyone have any knowledge in trying to get the best possible export settings for youtube HD?

15. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Pretty sure that if you use Adobe Encoder, there is a setting called Youtube HD... Don't quote me on that, but I think it does.

16. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    The place that I work for uploads 1080p wedding highlight videos (length of one song) at 8000 kbps H.264 QuickTimes. Probably overkill, but hey, it comes out looking good.

17. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    Will the Down in Front crew be out judge panel again this year?

I hope to be able to make an entry this year, but no promises.

18. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I think Ricky is in "contract" to do the stingers for LCC VIII, IX and X since just after LCC VII.

19. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Teague: maybe we work on it... TOGETHER? Join me, and together, we will start this constructive conflict... thing.

Also: don't know how many of you remember me talking about this last LCC, but I'm still figuring out the LCC Live judging/mini-fest thing and seeing what theaters are available/affordable. I'm thinking a Kickstarter would work to both raise the money to rent the theater AND advertise this years contest. I have a few ideas on structure and content, but I want to hear what others think. The biggest of them all is: adding some new categories for judging (best choreo, best fx, best sound editing, best film, whatever else). It doesn't have to be a recurring thing every year, but I think in this instance it would be a great experience. I think the chance alone to show your duel on a bigger scale to lots of people would entice a lot of new people to enter.

20. Mae

Mae Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2004
    LCC X.... Incredible how this has gone on this long. This is it! Like Vapes, I would expect a lot of good entries from a lot of veterans and newcomers this year.

21. KingKool

KingKool Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2010
    Not certain if I can make a full-fledged entry this year.

However, I really like the idea of doing a bunch of cross-over fights from people who hadn't fought together before, even if they're only for like 30 seconds and there isn't a clear winner. Ryan Vs. Nate (obviously), Chris Wilson vs. JediPastor, SilentBat vs. Zap Andersson.

Wouldn't that be rad? I personally would be willing to travel to somewhere not too far (I live on the east coast) to be in someone's crossover.

22. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Also wondering, because the live judging made it a ton of fun last year and really made it feel like a community thing, so many people watching it live together.

23. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Now imagine that... IN A THEATER. And, live on the web too. That's my vision for X. LCCX-ray vision.

24. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    After this LCC I plan on going down my wish list of people to fight starting with Shane.

ShaneFarley22 likes this.
  25. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Theater's neat, but honestly I wouldn't be able to make it. Though LCC Xray vision is neat :p