main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**LCC XI BEGINS**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Gentlemen…maybe a lady or two, the LCC XI is upon us...again...for the eleventh time and with more bold letters than ever before!

Hmmmm...The 11th LCC, the 11th Doctor...I'm sure this is leading up to something.

Anyway,the rules remain the same, so here we go:

1) We reserve the right to adjust, alter, add, remove, and downright screw with any rule that we choose, and this year, we did just that!

2) "Personal Uploading" is now the norm. You can upload your entry to your personal YouTube page as "UNLISTED". Remember, it's very important to make your entry (link) "UNLISTED" so that the only people who can view your entry, will be the only people who you gave the link to. After making your entry "UNLISTED" the link must be sent to me via e-mail. This means that there is no longer file size limits. It's your page, make the entry the highest quality of HD you can.

3) Your entry cannot have more than five views before the deadline approaches. Upload it, check it, do what you have to do but do it within 5 views, but you can't send it to other people before and a little after the deadline. Remember, the contest doesn't OFFICIALLY end until after the Judges reviews. Only then can you start changing your entries from "UNLISTED" to "PUBLIC".

4) Running times must come in under 10 minutes. Credits and opening titles, logos, etc., will count against your time limit with the exception of the bumper. This rule went into effect because of a few entries we had to disqualify over the years that had longer credits and opening titles than it should be. Opening titles should NOT be 1 min. long or over guys, come on.

5) Use any weapons you want in addition to Lightsabers. Just remember, Lightsabers are the focus of the Choreography.

6) ENTRIES MUST BE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED. We can not stress this enough. We are not flexible on this rule. This one has been around from the beginning. This rule also goes for Fan Films. We will not accept Lightsaber fight scenes that were meant for Fan Films, previously released or not. This, again, goes for entries you meant to release in the last LCC, but couldn't due to time constraints. Your entry MUST be made for the LCC XI and LCC XI alone as for any other LCC's.

7) No single contestant extensions. If we reach the deadline and we deem that there are not enough entries received at the time, we may grant a small extension to try and accommodate as many as possible.

8) Make a story if you want or just go in fighting. As long as you meet the time limit criteria, we want to see what you have. Just make sure you remember that this IS a LIGHTSABER CHOREOGRAPHY contest. Have fun, guys.

Contest starts Monday, April 1th, 2013 and the deadline for entries is Sunday, September 8th, 2013. Once again, I gave everyone an extra "free" month. Use this free month for planning your entry. Your entry must be in my hands before 11:59:59 PM, EST Sunday September 1, 2013. That's 8:59:59 PM, PST.

Here are some answers to possible questions;

I will time chase scenes, dialogue and anything else that's NOT Choreography. If they are longer than the Choreography itself, you will be disqualified. There should never be chase scenes, dialogue, etc... that's longer than the choreography. That's a No-no.

Yes your entry will be disqualified also if I see your entry posted somewhere else before the deadline of the LCC XI. This is a huge rule.

Yes there will be outsiders via Facebook joining the TF.Ners who are entering the contest again this year.

The scoring system will be the same as before (1st place will get 3 points, 2nd place will get 2 points and 3rd place will get 1 point).

Questions and the Unlisted Links when your entries are done, are to be sent to my email at;

juannavedo@mindscapefilms.net

Please send your e-mails with the subject line "LCC XI Question" for questions and/or "LCC XI Unlisted Link" for the link to your finished entry.

Good Luck, don't hurt yourself, have fun and May The Force Be With You All.

2. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Shiny.

I was actually talking to a friend a few days ago about doing a couple shoots to get some practice in on some fun stuff that's been bouncing around my mind, and that the LCC would be a great excuse to do it.

[EDIT]
    So yeah, count me in this year. Even if I don't get to do what I have in mind, I plan on submitting an entry one way or another, just so I can say I finally entered after about eight years of saying "count me in". lol

3. ThetaSigma

ThetaSigma Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, this time of year came around fast again. Doesn't feel that long since we had LCC X.

DarthRicmu and Sith-Man like this.
  4. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Yeah, I was thinking that myself. lol

I have a question. I know that the entry cannot be previously released anywhere prior to the judging, and in the past the entrants were permited the release of a single "teaser image". I was wondering what the rules were on bts stuff. For instance, if I wanted to have a couple vlogs on my site throughout the making of, just talking about the entry in general, with some on location footage, being careful to not actually show anything from the final entry, would that be allowed?

5. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    It would be allowed if you do not show any of the choreography. Try not to give away too much.

6. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Alight. Don't plan on giving anything away before release, as it would ruin the cool factor of what I'm planning, just talking in general.

7. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So, I'm not sure if this is a sign of over ambition or not, but, a few of the shots I have planned are going to require a decent sized greenscreen shot, so I ordered a 10X20 foot screen on Friday... Kinda excited about that. lol

8. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Awesome!

9. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    The way I figure it, if the entry isn't great on the choreo side of things, I won't care as long as I get a "oh, that was pretty cool". lol

We actually decided to do two entries. One is going to be the big fight using the green screen, that we spend all summer on, and the second is going to be one just for fun with a bunch of friends, just choreographed and shot in a weekend. As fun, as we can, with so much cheese, that it'll bother anyone who's lactose intolerant...

10. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    WOW! Already huh.... :) Well I am excited to see the results as always. Good luck out there.

11. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    These forums are depressingly quiet...

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, LCC - brings back memories. Would love to make an entry, but life's in the way - there's just no time.
    Good luck to everyone participating though [face_peace]

13. BearBiever

BearBiever Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    We're working up our entry this weekend! No spoilers, but we've got a bunch of great ideas, one of which I don't think has been seen at an LCC...

Good Luck to Everyone!

14. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Same here on the idea part. Looking forward to seeing all the other entries. I'm expecting lots of new stuff from a lot of entries this year. Not sure why, just have a feeling.

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Got a good actor on board with things, and have a good camera and shotgun mic picked out to rent for shooting in June. Just waiting on getting some money.

16. Dr-Carnivora

Dr-Carnivora Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Navajo Joe Films is in again! :)

Sith-Man likes this.
  17. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    I'm in! This time I'm teaming up with the makers of Round 1 Infinity. This is going to be fun.

Sith-Man likes this.
  18. WhiteKnight99

WhiteKnight99 Jedi Knight

Sep 28, 2012
    I'm in. And as DX6channel said, we're teaming up for this one. I just set my countdown widget.

[​IMG]

Sith-Man likes this.
  19. BearBiever

BearBiever Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    Out of curiosity, what settings do you guys find work well for DSLRs? I've been taking stills, but am just now unleashing the power of the videos! shutter speed, fps, etc. Thanks guys!

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Recommended is 24fps, shutter speed 48. For slomo, use 50 or 60fps, with a shutter speed of 100 or 120 (or more).

21. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I moved halfway across the country a few months ago, which kind of uprooted me from my usual crew. Not sure if I'll have an entry this year, but I'll still contribute however I can.

22. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Where abouts to? I'm assuming not near San Antonio, otherwise I'd say come down and help me. lol

No real headway on my entry, other than getting an actual actor to "sign on". Also made a few creative decisions, and got a job till about the end of June, which works out great, because it'll be funding this, and end just before I had planned on getting the filming done. Also got the majority of the entry planned out, just got to do the storyboarding, and put pen to paper and get the choreo and shooting schedules down.

Frak, I gotta find a good DP as well... Just thought of that, since I'm going to be in the entry. lol

23. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Quite a bit closer to San Antonio, but still a ways away. I'm about a half hour east of Denver.

24. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I live south-west of Fort Worth. Don't know if I could be in it or help with choreography, but I might could come down for a day or two to help film.

25. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    That'd be awesome. I'm hoping to film late June, early July, for about a week or so, since I have a lot of on location shoots planned at different locations. Was actually thinking of filming getting a couple shots up at enchanted rock, since I've been wanting to go see that anyway.

I actually have an awesome set piece planned, that'll make the entire entry awesome, choreography is pretty simple, and can be done on the day, but it requires an, as of yet, unknown third fighter... So... Yeah, there's that. lol