**LCC XII Begins!**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, May 2, 2014.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    The 12th LCC is among us, just as the 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi, will be in August...there's that link to the two again.

Get your sticks ready for some swordplay Gentlemen...There was nothing sexual about that sentence whatsoever. With that said, here are the rules:

1) We reserve the right to adjust, alter, add, remove, and downright screw with any rule that we choose.

2) "Personal Uploading" is now the norm. You can upload your entry to your personal YouTube page as "UNLISTED". Remember, it's very important to make your entry (link) "UNLISTED" so that the only people who can view your entry, will be the only people who you gave the link to. After making your entry "UNLISTED" the link must be sent to me via e-mail. This means that there is no longer file size limits. It's your page, make the entry the highest quality of HD you can.

3) Your entry cannot have more than five views before the deadline approaches. Upload it, check it, do what you have to do but do it within 5 views, but you can't send it to other people before and a little after the deadline. Remember, the contest doesn't OFFICIALLY end until after the Judges reviews. Only then can you start changing your entries from "UNLISTED" to "PUBLIC".

4) Running times must come in under 10 minutes. Credits and opening titles, logos, etc., will count against your time limit with the exception of the bumper. This rule went into effect because of a few entries we had to disqualify over the years that had longer credits and opening titles than it should be. Opening titles should NOT be 1 min. long or over guys, come on.

5) Use any weapons you want in addition to Lightsabers. Just remember, Lightsabers are the focus of the Choreography.

6) ENTRIES MUST BE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED. We can not stress this enough. We are not flexible on this rule. This one has been around from the beginning. This rule also goes for Fan Films. We will not accept Lightsaber fight scenes that were meant for Fan Films, previously released or not. This, again, goes for entries you meant to release in the last LCC, but couldn't due to time constraints. Your entry MUST be made for the LCC XII and LCC XII alone as for any other LCC's.

7) No single contestant extensions. If we reach the deadline and we deem that there are not enough entries received at the time, we may grant a small extension to try and accommodate as many as possible.

8) Make a story if you want or just go in fighting. As long as you meet the time limit criteria, we want to see what you have. Just make sure you remember that this IS a LIGHTSABER CHOREOGRAPHY contest. Have fun, guys.

Contest starts Sunday, June 1st, 2014 and the deadline for entries is Monday, September 1th, 2014. Once again, I gave everyone an extra "free" month. Use this free month for planning your entry. Your entry must be in my hands before 12:00:00 AM, EST Monday September 1, 2014. That's 9:00:00 PM, PST. That means I will not be taking entries after 12:00:00 PM EST (9:00 PM PST).

Here are some answers to possible questions;

I will time chase scenes, dialogue and anything else that's NOT Choreography. If they are longer than the Choreography itself, you will be disqualified. There should never be chase scenes, dialogue, etc... that's longer than the choreography. That's a No-no.

Yes your entry will be disqualified also if I see your entry posted somewhere else before the deadline of the LCC XII. This is a huge rule.

Yes there will be outsiders via Facebook joining the TF.Ners who are entering the contest again this year, same as last year. This is now becoming the norm for this contest.

The scoring system will be the same as before (1st place will get 3 points, 2nd place will get 2 points and 3rd place will get 1 point), courtesy of my right hand man...woman...Phi!

Questions and the Unlisted Links when your entries are done, are to be sent to my email and Phi's email (to be given out at a later date) at;

juannavedo@mindscapefilms.net

Please send your e-mails with the subject line "LCC XII Question" for questions and "LCC XII Unlisted Link" for the link to your finished entry.

Also, new this year, please send your .movs or .mp4s or what have you, to Phi's email (again, to be given out at a later date) for archival purposes. As she is the keeper of all things awesome.

Good Luck, don't hurt yourself, have fun and May The Force Be With You All...Yes, it's even with @Adam_Bertocci
  2. ResisterOfEvil Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Good to hear! I am looking forward to hopefully entering again. Thanks for keeping this thing going!
  3. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a somewhat random question. For our entry, we want to have some kind of exposition, so it feels as though the two combatants are fighting for a reason. But with the entry itself, we want to jump right into the fight.

Would it be permitted, for us to film a short something with the dialogue build up, and the initial attack, and release it before hand, as long as we make sure that nothing in it is in the actual entry? Or would that be considered to be in violation of the “smaller part of a larger whole” portion of the rules?

Think of it as a prequel, trailer of sorts.
  4. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    By the way, at the moment, I’m in. Yes, I know I say that each year, and all my friends fall through, but this year is different. I’ve made new friends since last years contest that are saber enthusiasts.

So, a NEW friend and I had been talking about doing an entry this year. I haven’t talked to her in a while, which is why I’m saying, “At the moment”, but I’m pretty sure she’ll still be in.

She and I had choreographed a short fight that we performed live on stage at Wizard World up in Austin last year… Was fun.
  5. SkywalkerG Force Ghost

star 3
    Good to see this thing going still.
    Last edited by SkywalkerG, May 10, 2014
  6. ResisterOfEvil Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I saw on facebook that there will be an entry fee and cash prizes, is this true? I don't see anything about that in the rules here.
  7. Sam Nee Jedi Youngling

Yes! can't wait to officially enter for the first time!
  8. NecroRAM Jedi Youngling

Im planning a duel right now but im not sure we'll make the deadline, the biuggest problem being finding saber props.
  9. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Ultrasabers.com Just order a couple grab bag sabers, with standard "ultraedge" blades. I've been using those for about a year for live stage fights at conventions, they work great, and have yet to break. Plus, they light up, so you get some cool environmental lighting effects.
  10. KingKool Jedi Master

11. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    A new thread will go up here on TFN on June 1st, at the start of the competition. Hopefully we'll be done with the site in time to launch with it, if not it'll follow soon after. That Facebook page is the official page now, though. New(ish) rules, prizes and all.
  12. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    … Things aren’t looking to be on my side… (Surprise surprise). I swear, it’s like the universe just doesn’t want me to enter this fraking contest.
  13. backdeskproductions Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  14. SaberComp Jedi Padawan

Moderators: AdamBertocci