main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: game of thrones is awesome. really, really enjoying it.

IC: Avidan Malreaux
    Temple of Kiltia, City South

Lower level priests stood on the other side of the door, every one of them flummoxed by not only Avidan's reaction to their demand that he open the door but also by the fact that he was one of Gavrils fathers. And then they decided to all talk over each other, insulting him and then trying to work their way out of it before scurrying away. For his part, Avidan grew more cross as they went on, face showing it and probably not helping.

Frowning, Avidan stared at a wall deep in thought. Whoever that voice was, they were going to give him information before those idiots bothered me. Stroking his chin, he couldn't understand why he wasn't where Talumis had come out. If he went through the same cloud he should end up in the same place as whoever made it. Simple logic, but apparently magic didn't follow logic.

Looking back into the room he had literally appeared in Avidan did not know what to do. Sinwara should have gotten back into the city and spoken to someone by now... or maybe not. Checking his watch Avidan saw that it had not been enough time for Sinwara to have done anyting really, since he had probably saved Feldspar instead of doing what Avidan had told him to do. So off he went in search of LeSait. He needed to know what was going on, starting with the mans office.

TAG: WINGED

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinwara Malreaux
    Outside Waterways, City East

That was that.

Sinwara turned around, and he just did it.

He reached out with his arm, with his mind, as his father had taught him to do, for the man's throat, and he just did it.

He squeezed.

Not just a little.

No.

Not even a lot.

He squeezed all the way.

Tag: Sinrebirth

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

[blockquote]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10EWZygcnU]"Rampage Through Town"[/link]
    -[i]Jumanji[/i], James Horner
    [blockquote]
    "And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs: And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs: And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants."
    -Exodus (8:2-4)
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]
    PCs: Floryn Korodoro
    NPCs: Captain Voren'kaa

[i]LeSait's Office, VKP Headquarters, City Centre[/i]

"Can you hear me?"

Voren'kaa had shifted his substantial weight off Floryn's body, but he still loomed large above him, shaking the man back to consciousness.

The office was little more than smoking debris. The roof had been ripped apart and the floor was a patchwork of durasteel girders and burned carpet. The protocol droids who had manned the holodeck were no longer functioning, and a red light flashed above them. Alarm sirens blared throughout what was left of the building.

"Are you alright?" said Voren'kaa, checking the vital signs of the Lord of Saleucami.

He was answered by a croak.

The noise came from a small reptilian animal that had wandered into the carnage. It was followed by more than two dozen of its brothers, all slimy small things, darting from place to place. They emerged out of nowhere, as if the explosion itself had birthed them.

The gizka invaded, while the VKP Headquarters burned.

[b]Tag: BobaMatt[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Glyndon Nordic
    NPCs: Kadessa DeOrland, Captain Eyre

[i]Disused Brewery, City West[/i]

"I promise I'll tell you everything you need to know once we get her inside," said DeOrland. "But we don't know who could be watching out here."

As they dragged Eyre's body into the building, the VKP Investigator frowned and added:

"As for a 'Red Queen'...strange that you mention her. It's local gossip. We've been noticing references to a 'Red Queen' across the City in recent weeks- why, what do you know about her?"

But there was no time for Glyndon to answer. As they propped Eyre up against the wall in the darkness of the brewery interior, a panicked voice crackled over DeOrland's comm:

[i]"VKP HQ bombed...repeat, VKP HQ has been bombed...all officers report to the City Centre immediately..."[/i]

As the ominous message played out, over and over again, something brushed against Glyndon's leg. It knocked past him and then bumped into DeOrland, and was soon followed by several of its sisters. There in the darkness, a group of gizka had gathered.

[b]Tag: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Calen Rohn
    NPCs: Marco Riot, Guard-Captain Stark

[i]Leaving Snowfly Forest, City North[/i]

"If you feel you need a weapon," said Stark, "take my spare sidearm. I would not have you feel unsafe."

He reached down to his ankle and unholstered a small holdout blaster that had been concealed within his crimson armour. He held it out to Calen.

"Of course," he continued, "if you feel more comfortable with your own gun, we can head directly for your guest house."

They were approaching one of the many exits from the forest, and cries of panic and chaos rang out from the City. As the trio prepared to rejoin civilisation, the scene was anything but civilised.

People ran around the streets, screaming and scurrying indoors. Around their ankles bounced what seemed like a hundred gizka, jumping mindlessly to and fro, their mouths opening and closing continuously, their enormous eyeballs rolling.

"This could be a problem," remarked Marco.

[b]Tag: TheGoodImperial[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Sinwara Malreaux
    NPCs: Lord Feldspar, bystanders

[i]Outside Waterways, City East[/i]

Feldspar's eyes bulged, and his face raged red with blood. He staggered towards Sinwara, grabbing desperately at his own neck with his hands.

The gathered crowd watched. They didn't say a word. They couldn't.

Feldspar began clawing at his throat, scratching the skin with his

4. FollowTheSnowflies

FollowTheSnowflies Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2007

???

Echoes.

"Closed off to your emotions, blind to your own hearts...body and soul are one, yet yours are separate, like the child and the knight in his storybook. Is this Jedi training? Or do you shut away your souls out of fear?"

Enchantments.

"GYLDA-MEUNTES-HAATIS-MOTA-FEHRTES-RATIS-ALPA-KILMOTA, Emperor of the Shade, descend from the Dark, honor sin-soaked contracts of kinship, lend your beast unto me!"

Echoes...

"Come to celebrate my ascension?"

"To stop you."

...and enchantments.

Tag: none

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Floryn Korodoro

LeSait's Office, VKP Headquarters, City Center

Head.

Can't see. Floor.

Claw. Voren'kaa. All smoke.

Smoke. Sparks.

Head.

Hand. Talking mouth? Teeth. Pulse.

Black. Smoke. Sparks. Burning flimsi. Burn.

Nose. Head. Eyes.

Hot.

Gizka?

Sleep. No. No.

VALANCE!

Breathe. Breathe. Cough.

Vomit. Hurt.

VALANCE!!

Floor broken. Desk broken. Sparks.

Men running. Droids broken.

Gizka?

Stand. Can't.

Stand. Stand. Stand. Stand.

Scream. Can't hear.

Vomit. Dizzy. Smoke. Breathe. Get low. Dizzy. Standing. Dizzy. Standing. Standing. Tired.

Floor.

TAG: Winged

6. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; The Forest; By the stream

He looked at the gun Stark offered him. He asked if he wanted to get his own gun. His own gun? He had never considered it to be his gun. Just the gun. What could he do with a gun? Actually he had it from the time he considered suicide and had kept it because he sometimes felt more comfortable with the idea of being able to defend himself. No matter how unable to defend himself he truly was.

"Yours will be fine, Sir. I think it is much more . . ." Modern? Advanced? Powerful? groovy? what were guns actually? "Erm. Sophisticated. It is much more sophisticated than mine." He said with a smile and took the gun. Holding it in both hands, before makking out the system behind it´s controls. He checked it, as far as he was able tobmake sense out of it and then put it into his belt. His robes concealed it satisfying enough. It was small gun, after all.

He followed the Captain back to town. The boy with them. Still in thoughts he wondered if he should offer his services or simply try and solve the puzzle while dragging him along. The implication he might work for someone else . . . was terrible. Then again. He wanted to help. For selfish reasons. But yes, he wanted them to get to the heart of this. And probably he even had some goodness in his heart. He laughed at that thought. Fact was, death had little opportunity for development. And development was what art was made of.

Then the Gizka forced him out of thought. One of these things landed to his feet and then a second and third and more and more and people ran and he looked up and . . . laughed. They were harmless. Yet highly annoying. A swarm of Gizkas. It was terribly funny and surreal.

"Let me guess my dear Captain. Some sort of animal plaque is part of your apocalyptic prophecies, is it? The seond sign, perhaps? What is the third?" Calen asked and grinned amused. Gizkas could do great damage, but he could not help the scene appearing to be a bit funny for him. Maybe he cared too little for people he thought.

Maybe he cared to little for his son.

Maybe . . . that was because he did not care so much about himself, anymore.

But Gizkas! By the Gods. It was funny.

Tag: Winged

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    IC: Glyndon Nordic
    Disused Brewery, City West

"I promise I'll tell you everything you need to know once we get her inside," said DeOrland. "But we don't know who could be watching out here." Deorland said.

Reluctantly Glyndon nodded and helped her with the body. If he was going to get any answers then he had to play along.

"As for a 'Red Queen'...strange that you mention her. It's local gossip. We've been noticing references to a 'Red Queen' across the City in recent weeks- why, what do you know about her?"

Glyndon was about to answer when a panicked voice came over DeOrland's comm.

"VKP HQ bombed...repeat, VKP HQ has been bombed...all officers report to the City Centre immediately..."

First the Tircolas Flow, then Eyre getting shot and now the VKP headquarters was bombed. The situation is getting worse. He knew he had to protect his son. He hoped Brendon was alright.

Without warning he felt something brush against his leg. He looked down and saw a group of small reptilian creatures making it's way through.

"Gizka?"

Glyndon picked one of the Gizka up and stared into it's eyes.

"Where did you come from my friend. You must be frightened from all the commotion that's going on." Glyndon said in a baby mock voice.

He turned to DeOrland while putting down the Gizka. "These animals are really smart. They run to the safest of places. Though most people think they're annoying, I find them to be good luck charms."

"Whoever is trying to scare people with using these sweet little creatures are greatly mistaken."

"I know you will have to report back, but please tell me do you know anything about who is trying harm my son?"

As he waited for the reply one of the Gizka relieved themselves on his shoe. He looked on admiringly at the ugly creatures making coo sounds at them.

TAG: Winged Jedi

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Temple of Kiltia, City South

Walking with his head down Avidan didn't notice the crowd until they started mobbing him. Some wanted autographs, others wanted to let him know tey supported Gavril's claim to the throne. Avidan couldn't have cared less if they supported a nug for king as long as his son was in danger.

Elbowing his way through the crowd, yelling for people to get out of his way, Avidan was frustrated enough to use the Force to force his way through. Eyes darkening dangerously, screams started echoing from farther back in the crowd. What the deuce? Everyone around him scattered and Avidan saw what had scared everyone off.

Gizka.

A smile creeped onto his face and rapidly turned into a slightly mad grin. "Gizka? Scared of gizka?!" Shaking his head, Avidans laughter was chilling in its madness as he used the Force to Push the gizka away into walls, windows and each other leaving blood smears and broken bodies as a sign of his passage.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    East of City

Feldspar fell, and died.

Sinwara, for his part, stood there and started breathing again, having gotten a bit of the crimson out of his system; the rage, which the silly man had engineered in him, as if they had been equals. Well, that misconception had been put to rest. Forever sleep. For what felt like forever, Sinwara simply breathed.

In and out.

It felt like he was exhaling a world's of frustrations, of pain, of death.

His mother was gone.

His wife was gone.

His brother was missing.

His son was in danger.

His father was... going.

He felt that, in the hazy moment of post-Force use, where he felt more alive than ever, and all the build-up had been nothing more than necessary to resolve the ecstasy of it all. It wasn't a moment after he lowered his hand, though, that it hit him, that he had murdered the man in cold blood.

Sinwara was about to feel the durasteel balloon drop on him, with that revelation, when he was thrown from acknowledgement by a tide of gizka flowing towards them, a multitude of reptiles. The crowd dispersed, and Sinwara turned to run. But the tide bowled him over, and then, as the creatures were pressed together by the streets, they went under him, and he felt himself being propelled into the city by the wave of gizka. He reached out, acknowledged that the creatures were under some sort of compulsion, but he would've unable to break it in so many creatures, even if was versed in such a technique.

He was hardly athletic enough to wrestle back this seemingly infinite surge of creatures.

But, for this moment he was safe, perversely, so he took a moment to formulate a way out of the conundrum, using occasional tweaks of the Force to keep himself above the creatures. This was beyond believe. A second event that could only be attributable to the Mullenkamp. He rolled over on his bed of creatures, looking ahead. This choke point of a street wasn't a long one, and it would only be moments before the creatures would scatter into city, and he would be dumped unceremoniously to the ground and perhaps injured.

He needed to find somewhere to jump off.

But, more importantly, he needed to get to the Cathedral.

And now.

10. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: A quick overview of locations, for your reference-

City North- Snowfly Forest, Lumitar Industries
    City West- Watchtower, Wyvern Brood, Brandywine Brewery
    City East- Waterways, King?s Library
    City South- Temple of Kiltia, Valendian Zoo

City Centre- Great Cathedral, VKP Headquarters

NPCs: Captain Voren'kaa, Grand Steward LeSait, VKP officers

[i]Med Bay, VKP Headquarters, City Centre[/i]

When Floryn Korodoro came to once again, he was lying flat on a small repulsorsled, and being hurried through a corridor. The alarm siren still rang out somewhere, but was dim and slurred. It sounded almost mournful. The air was a hot, thick fog.

Voren'kaa was at his side, apparently uninjured except for some shallow cuts to the side of his face. He was rasping something under his breath, in his own language.

"I am thanking the Scorekeeper," he explained as he noticed Korodoro's eyes opening. "She will not let us die today."

They moved into a brightly lit room full of wounded VKP officers being tended to by a small cadre of medical droids. Most of the officers were already trying to arm themselves and leave, though the droids firmly prevented them from doing so. There was a palpable sense of outrage in the building.

Or what was left of the building.

At the centre of the room, hunched upon a table, was Grand Steward LeSait. A chunk of his face had been torn off, and his entire right side was bloodied. But he didn't seem to be in pain. He sat there, his eyes narrowed and glinting, his fists clenched.

"I want Aldous Corinne's head on a damn spike," he was growling at a subordinate. His words were slow, and he forced each one out with a measured fury. "And I want it [i]yesterday[/i]."

The surreal atmosphere was only compounded by the presence of a dozen gizka, who were hopping happily around the room.

[hr]

[i]Brandywine Brewery, City West[/i]

DeOrland seemed bemused by the sudden surge of gizka, though she agreed with Nordic's assessment that the creatures were mostly harmless. Ignoring them for the time being, she switched on a light which flickered into life, revealing a dirty backroom full of aged barrels and a handwritten sign that said "BrANdYWINE brEWERY".

DeOrland tore the lid off one of the barrels, revealing a mass of gooey brown ooze inside. Without another word, she grabbed Eyre, dragged her over to the barrel, and plunged her head inside. Immediately the Umbaran regained consciousness and began struggling, but DeOrland kept her down.

"There is a conspiracy within the Crimson Blades," explained DeOrland to Glyndon, calmly ignoring the struggling Eyre. "I've been investigating the death of Queen Dalmasca and I believe the Cardinal had a hand in it. It's a very serious accusation to make, but I'm hoping this traitor will have some answers for me. And if something's happened to VKP HQ, I don't think it's a coincidence."

Finally she released Eyre from the barrel. The Umbaran jerked her head up, gasping for air, panting and spitting out the ooze from her mouth.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR THI-" she began to scream, but DeOrland simply plunged the woman's head back into the barrel.

[hr]

NPCs: Marco Riot, Guard-Captain Stark, journalists

[i]Leaving Snowfly Forest, City North[/i]

"There are many prophecies," replied Stark stiffly, somewhat displeased by Calen's apparent amusement. "Though admittedly none of them involve...gizka."

"It [i]is[/i] funny," said Marco, leaning down and encouraging one of the rampaging gizkas to approach his hand. "Though they can be a nuisance. Where did they come from? The Zoo?"

"The Zoo has no gizka, as far as I know," replied Stark.

They carefully made their way through the streets together, avoiding both the mass of gizka and the panicked passers-by. Near the entrance to the forest stood a gleaming silver skyscraper- the headquarters of Lumitar Industries, the famous centre for genetic experimentation and scientific advanc

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Library, East of City

It benefited Sinwara to be conveyed, albeit in an unorthodox manner. It saved him a walk, but was sufficiently novel to keep his mind occupied and away from the enormity of what he had just done. Rina would be heartbroken, if she knew. Gavril would never know, not if Sinwara had anything to do about it.

The gizka dispersed, and Sinwara stood and brushed himself down as the Chiss woman addressed him. He was at a loss for her name, so he was pleased when she introduced herself. "Inquisitor Heldricht, it is a pleasure." Sinwara, not unsurprisingly, didn't feel the need hold his hand to her for a greeting. He smiled, nonetheless, at her comment. "One thought I should take advantage of the public transport that Valendia had made available to me, Inquisitor."

And then it was down to business.

He quickly conveyed that Feldspar was in league with the Mullenkamp, as was their bodyguard, Tamulis. He glossed over the death of the bastard, and also that Avidan had disappeared into a gathering of black smoke, and stressed his need to reach the Cathedral and stop the ceremony following what Feldspar had reluctantly told him.

"We must protect the children, Inquisitor."

12. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Inquisitor Heldricht, bystanders

The King's Library, City East

Heldricht listened impassively. Her only reaction was to purse her lips as Sinwara came to a conclusion.

"Both the Cardinal and Lord Feldspar are respected members of the Valendian aristocracy," she said. "You level the most serious accusations against both, without evidence other than your own testimony, which they will undoubtedly deny. Perhaps you have not noticed, Lord Malreaux, but the VKP has various public order concerns to deal w-"

As if on cue, her comm buzzed into life with a grim message:

"VKP HQ bombed...repeat, VKP HQ has been bombed...all officers report to the City Centre immediately..."

Heldricht took a drag from her cigarra. She gestured to two officers at the foot of the steps.

"Remain here and ensure that the Library does not become overcrowded. It is not a shelter for panicked citizens. Shoot the damned gizka if you feel it necessary."

She moved towards a spacious magenta airspeeder that hovered gently on the sidewalk, and stepped gracefully inside, tossing out a gizka from the passenger seat.

"If you wish to accompany me, Lord Malreaux, it seems we are headed in the same direction."

Tag: Sinrebirth

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    East of City, Library

Sinwara didn't care for the Inquisitors snap, nor for bombings or other equally unimportant 'civic disturbances', be they gizka related or not. He simply nodded. "I will indeed be coming with you, as we are heading that way. But mark my words, I am telling the truth." He took the offered seat, in the speeder, and continued to speak. "If Lord Feldspar wasn't dead, he'd tell you everything I had just said. He'd hang the Cardinal out to dry as quick as Tamulis did him."

His voice cooled.

If the Inquisitor insisted on being a problem, he'd have no choice but to remove him, as well, if it got him to the Cathedral.

TAG: Winged_Jedi

14. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn, City North, Near the Skyscraper

The media was something he had not thought of. He laughed out again, as they approached. in many ways they were like Gizka. Too many, too often.

"Calen Rohn?" one of them called out as the trio walked by. "Mr Rohn, sir?"

Within seconds, all of the journalists were asking questions, descending like a pack of hyenas. Stark tried to shoulder them away, but they pressed in relentlessly.
    "What do you think of the strange happenings in the City today Mr Rohn? Are you worried for your son?" He nodded to that one. "Certainly" He said and wondered if it was true.
    "Did you know that your son is the bookmaker's favourite for the throne? Have you spoken to the other fathers?" He smiled. "Not yet." Keep answeres short. They did not like short answers.
    "Is this your bodyguard? What brought you to this part of the City? Shouldn't you be somewhere safer?" "The forest. A wonderful forest i might add. Wonderful." Calen said and smiled. so far he was winning. He did not give them anything.

You´re a sadist. It was Dorian´s voice. "Yeah. So what." That was his own answering.

"Is that Marco Riot with you? Does this mean a possible alliance with the Riot family in the race for the throne?" Calen laughed a bit, giving a charming smile which was entirely faked. "There is no race. The better boy shall win. Marcus and i are freinds. We both love the forest and we have actually met just recently."

"What do you think of Lumitar fon Papillon's acquittal this morning?" Calen coughed. "Of what? Oh, I haven´t made up my mind now." Slowly he had moved away from the crowd while speaking, now he was about to turn and begin to hurry away. then it hit him.

Suddenly he knew exactly how to involve himself in the riddle. Out of nowhere he knew what to do. He wanted to know it. He wanted to get to the core of this thing. To understand it, because he knew he would find himself onthe bottom of this hole.

How to get there?

Quite simple. The faastest way to reach your goal had always been . . . declaring you´re already there.

"But I would like to announce something in that context." He spread his arms and gave his smile that told the world he was famous. Hell, he was. "The investigation of a crime, the solving of a puzzle and the painting of a picure have one thing in common. They need a good eye. And as you will all know i am said to have an extraordinary eye." He looked at Stark and winked. "Therefore I am here to offer my assistance to the official authorities in the investiagtion of the rescent events. If Captain Stark wants to appoint me an official investigator of these matters, I must say I consider it my duty to say yes. Captain? I am ready for it." He said and smiled, extending his hands towards the Captain. Who would now have the center of interest.

You´re a sadist!

He laughed. "Dear Captain, what do you say?"

Hell, yes I am. Yes. I. AM.

Tag: TheGoodImperial

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Outside Temple of Kiltia, City South

The crowds had cowered from him as he left the temple, which was how Avidan preferred things. Avidan had no desire to be loved, he only wanted to be feared or respected. Respect was something he had never really had thanks to the sycophants his father kept around. They had done everything to make him reviled, so he had played to it and instead earned fear. Yet another sin to lay at his fathers feet.

A female voice said he had been excessive, and Avidan turned to find Tamulis sitting on a bench and not looking at him. "And turning water to blood isn't?" Avidan walked over to her and stood in front of Tamulis to insure that he had her attention. "What is the Mullenkamp doing?" Crossing his arms, Avidan stared her down, non-verbally demanding an answer.

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    IC: Glyndon Nordic
    Brandywine Brewery, City West

The gizka were everywhere as they ran through in groups. Glyndon loved the little creatures and would have remained playing with them if the situation was different. Now all he could think about is the safety of his son.

They entered the backroom of the brewery. It was too dark to see until DeOrland switched on a light. The room was filthy as Glyndon swiped his finger on a barrel then blew on his finger and watched as the dust flew off in to the air.

"Yeah this hasn't been used much. It must get better with age."
      The sign on the barrel was finally revealed after Glyndon wiped the barrel off. It said "BrANdYWINE brEWERY".

DeOrland tore the lid off one of the barrels, revealing a mass of gooey brown ooze inside. Glyndon's throat felt dry, so he went to find a glass so he could get a drink. He went in to another room, bumping into things cause he couldn't find the light. After causing his own chaos by tripping on some gizka that followed him in, he finally found where the wine glasses were.

"Aha there you are"
      he said smiling at the dark cabinet filled with glasses. He took a couple and then feeled his way back to where DeOrland was. Kicking a few gizka like space balls along the way.

By the time he arrived Eyre was in a barrel having his head plunged down in to the barrel of wine by DeOrland. He saw that Eyre regained consciousness but DeOrland kept her down.

"Don't drown her." Glyndon said with a worried look on his face.

"There is a conspiracy within the Crimson Blades," explained DeOrland to Glyndon, calmly ignoring the struggling Eyre. "I've been investigating the death of Queen Dalmasca and I believe the Cardinal had a hand in it. It's a very serious accusation to make, but I'm hoping this traitor will have some answers for me. And if something's happened to VKP HQ, I don't think it's a coincidence."

She finally released Eyre from the barrel, The Umbaran jerked her head up, gasping for air, panting and spitting out the ooze from her mouth.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR THI-" she began to scream, but DeOrland simply plunged the woman's head back into the barrel.

"No dddon't fill...um kill ask qweestions"
      Glyndon hiccuped while slurring his words. He almost fell down as he made his way closer to the VKP Investigator. Glyndon only had a one glass of the ooze wine, but somehow it was too much for him to handle. He was now drunk.

"Dis some sstrong stuffff" he said then happily started to burst out in an old Tarisian classic.

[song] "Oooooh little gizka"

"oh how do thy miss ya."

"Please little gizka"

"don't goooooooo!" [/song]

Hiccup!

TAG: Winged Jedi

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

Remains of the VKP Headquarters, City Center

Floryn Korodoro came to in a makeshift triage center. He did not, at first, realize that he was actually still inside the ruins of the VKP headquarters, so effective was the transformation. Medical droids operated within the ruins - white plast hangings kept things sterile. Despite their injuries, many of the troops seemed to be well enough recovered - perhaps full enough of anger - to be testing their bandages, braces, and patches and rearming.

It was only then that Floryn noticed LeSait. Voren'kaa's voice came from beside the Wroonian. "I am thanking the Scorekeeper," he rasped. "She will not let us die today."

Floryn nodded. The Trandoshan was mostly uninjured. LeSait, on the other hand, growled from beneath bandages with the half a face he had left. "I want Aldous Corinne's head on a damned spike. And I want it yesterday!"

"Let's not be too hasty," Floryn suggested to his reptilian bodyguard. "We can't be sure yet that's a blessing."

Gizka.

"Is it safe to have these things hopping around a medical environment? I wasn't aware they were numerous on Valendia."

Floryn assumed that Gizka must be amphibious - they must have fled the river when it was contaminated.

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Busy few days, sorry about that. Back to your regularly scheduled plague.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_vlzF6dfs]"The Swarm"[/link]
    -[i]The Swarm[/i], Jerry Goldsmith
    [blockquote]
    "And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt. 17And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt. "
    -Exodus (8:16-17)
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]
    NPCs: Captain Voren'kaa, Grand Steward LeSait, VKP Officers

[i]Med Bay, VKP Headquarters, City Centre[/i]

"We'd get rid of the bloody things if we could," replied LeSait, grabbing one of the gizka who had hopped up beside him, and sending it flying across the room. "Gods know where they came from."

He lurched off the treatment table, batting away the attentions of the medical droids.

"Sir," gasped a communications officer, rushing in with datapad in hand, "you need to get to the Cathedral. There's been a disturbance."

"[i]Disturbance[/i]?" repeated LeSait, spreading his arms to gesture to the devastation around him. "The whole damned City is being [i]disturbed[/i], man!"

He seized the datapad with a scowl, and scanned its contents. The colour drained from the unbandaged regions of his face. He began walking.

"You and you," he said, pointing at Korodoro and Voren'kaa, "are coming with me. This day just keeps getting worse."

And even as he spoke, he began to scratch at his neck. Everyone in the room felt it at the same time...an intense itch, crawling up their spines...

[hr]

[i]Brandywine Brewery, City West[/i]

DeOrland had been forcing Eyre's head into the barrel, in and out, snarling questions at her in between rounds.

Suddenly, the interrogation paused in mid-dunk. As one, DeOrland and Eyre turned their heads to look over at Glyndon Nordic, and their mouths dropped open.

The man was completely drunk.

"Good stuff, right?" said Eyre, grinning defiantly, her hair and face dripping with wine. "Nothing like Old Valendian vintage."

"It'll give you one hell of a hangover though," said DeOrland, and slammed Eyre's head into the side of the barrel, knocking her unconscious once again.

"Mr Nordic," said the VKP Investigator, stepping past the mass of gizka and taking Glyndon by the arm, "we need to go. I'll secure the traitor here- she can wait till we get a chance to deal with her. But something's happened at HQ, so that's where we have to be. And maybe we can get you a glass of water en route."

She moved him towards the exit, but stopped before she was halfway there. Her face creased, and her hands fell upon her legs and thighs. Glyndon felt it too- a mad itch, all along his legs and back.

[hr]

NPCs: Marco Riot, Guard-Captain Stark, journalists

[i]Outside Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

Stark stood for a moment, open-mouthed and unable to respond. The flash of a reporter's camera seemed to wake him up, and he regained his composure.

"Of course I cannot speak for the VKP," he said at last, "but I assure you the Crimson Blades will be conducting their own investigation into today's events. As the head of the Blades, I would like to officially...welcome...any assistance Mr Rohn can provide. I am certain his skills will prove most...useful. To us. In the investigation."

It was a halting finish to a brief statement, but he seemed happy enough, and posed shaking Calen's hand so that a quick picture could be taken. Marco stood off to the side, smiling slightly to himself. Around their feet, the gizka went practically unnoticed.

What didn't go unnoticed, however, were the lice that were suddenly emerging from the pavement cracks.

"What in the name of Ajora-" breathed one of the journalists, watching the ant-like creatures crawl to the surface.

Almost

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Traveling towards City Centre

Sinwara brooded as the Inquisitor took to the skies. That the Inquisitor wasn't inquiring further, in his opinion, suggested that she, like Tamulis, might even be involved with the Mullenkamp. It was deeply frustrating, as it felt like he was fighting against mud. Even the politicking back in the Tapani Sector was not like this.

Heldricht reached for something, undoubtedly another cigarra, and Sinwara flinched - his flinch turned into outright surprise when she shifted, pointing to the mass of lice which seemed to have appeared. Sinwara drew his feet back to him, and began to stamp them down, flailing around, slapping at the creatures. Even though they weren't in his hair, it instantly began to itch, and he barely had the acumen to understand that in his frenzy.

20. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn, Outside Lumitar Industries, City North

He smiled for the characters and fate allowed his plan to unfold. Just in time before the next plague was on it´s way to the surface. Quite literally. The ants came suddenly and out of nowhere and they were itching.

Calen began to jump from one feet too another, sqaushing a Gizka by mistake in the process and tried to look around. He needed some place to escape and he needed it faster than anybody else. A fountain? An airtight room? The building perhaps? It probably had shields. Calen dragged Marco along as he made his way to the entrance. "Shields up!" He shouted to the guardmen who were hopefully there. "Activate the shirelds if your building has any!"

If not he was out of ideas . . . except . . . just in case he ran on to the bathrooms, still dragging the Sephi-boy along. "Anything your almighty force got on this one?" He asked and scratched himself.

Tag Winged

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

VKP Headquarters, City Central

More shouting. More anger. Floryn Korodoro's head was still swimming from the impact. It was possible he had a concussion. But then they would have told him? He heard the word "Cathedral." Batistum. The selection. The reaping.

A finger pointed directly at his face caught his attention. He followed it from the tip, up the arm, to LeSait's face before it swung wide to indicate Voren'kaa. "You and you are coming with me. This day just keeps getting worse and worse."

Floryn Korodoro felt his heart sink to his stomach as he stood. The day was getting worse? At the Cathedral? Valance! He rolled from the bed onto his feet, and the entire room rocked beneath him. He stumbled and heard the chirps of protesting gizka beneath his feet. He fell to his knees, where the world had stopped pitching and rolling, and once more emptied the contents of his stomach, this time only bile and air and foul wretching. That's when he began itching. He tried to think. Was itching a symptom of concussion? Had any of the doctors been alerted to his medical allergies? But appeared the other men were itching as well. The only ones not scratching violently were the droids. Men were casting off bandages and body armor to reach the itch. Floryn was doubled over scratching, the rage and discomfort building until he could not help but shout, "WHAT NOW?"

Biological agents in the bomb?

He remembered the Boltrunian's words. Blood sin.

The Earl of Saleucami wrestled himself to his feet and launched himself at LeSait, who was also scratching himself in a vain attempt to ease the burning itch. "If it's at the Cathedral, we have to go." He was vaguely aware that the dizziness, the itching, and the fear had contorted his face into a picture of madness. All for the best, hopefully.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Outside Temple of Kiltia, City South

Ignoring the implied offer of a seat Avidan remained standing with his arms crossed over his chest. Sinwara killing someone? Maybe he's stronger than I had thought. But he saved Feldspar first. There is still far too much softness in him, but that was a good step. There is hope for you yet, brother. Tilting his head at Tamulis, he didn't say anything for several seconds.

Finally shaking his head slightly Avidan said softly, "I told Sinwara to leave the snob in the sewage. Obviously, if you just now felt Feldspar die he saved the man's life. But I'm glad to know he meets with your approval, such as it matters." Looking down at his leg, it had started to itch, Avidan used the Force to help him ignore it. Itching was a mundane weakness, and it was not something he was willing to deal with.

Turning his attention back to the woman before him, "And what is my test supposed to be precisely?" He arched an eyebrow quizzically. "And I assume that the Gizka and whatever is causing this itching is Aldous doing as well. What is the point? Fear? You are surely accomplishing that quite well if so." A feeling that there was far more going on than just that lurked in his mind, but there simply were not enough pieces of evidence for him to put anything together. But maybe, with the Mullenkamps help, he could save Gavril's life. Besides, surely once he knew what was going on he could twist it to his own devices. Father's lessons will prove useful once again.

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Captain Voren'kaa, Grand Steward LeSait, VKP Officers

Leaving VKP Headquarters, City Centre

Korodoro's sudden outburst was enough to get LeSait's attention, though it lasted for only a brief moment. Almost immediately they spotted the source of the sudden itching- a mass of tiny insects, crawling through the floorboards and swarming over the gizka, climbing up legs and over beds.

It was at that moment that the building's sprinklers decided to belatedly turn themselves on- and blood showered over the medbay.

"I'LL KILL CORINNE MYSELF!" roared LeSait. He stormed out of the door, beckoning for Korodoro and Voren'kaa to follow, bellowing orders at every subordinate that he passed along the way, scratching furiously at his neck and back.

Voren'kaa seemed particularly disturbed by events, and was using his blaster to fire repeatedly at the ground, vaporizing the gizka and lice in their path.

Tag: BobaMatt

NPCs: Marco Riot

[i]Ground Floor, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

The guards at the entrance to the building were too pre-occupied with the lice themselves to prevent Calen from rushing inside. The painter shouted to them to activate any shielding that was in place, before running in the direction of the nearest bathroom.

The building was apparently abandoned- the lobby was spectacular marble, but no one sat in reception or at the desk. The bathrooms were well signposted and Calen found his way to them easily.

When he looked around he saw that only Marco had followed him. Presumably Stark and the journalists were with the guards at the building entrance.

"Anything your almighty Force got on this one?" he asked Marco, still scratching himself.

The boy shrugged, and turned on the taps, trying to wash away the itching. And then he paused.

"Look," said Marco, pointing to the sink. Cold water was rushing out of the tap. "[i]Water[/i]. Not blood. Despite the fact that all the plumbing facilities in this region are linked to the Tircolas Flow. And look-"

He gestured around them, at the sparkling white floor.

"No gizka. And the only lice are the ones we brought in with us."

The boy was right. For some reason, the place appeared to be plague-free.

[b]Tag: TheGoodImperial[/b]

[hr]

NPCs: Inquisitor Heldricht

[i]Approaching Great Cathedral, City Centre[/i]

Sinwara was soon scratching frantically, and he wasn't the only one. In the skies around them, vehicles began jerking erratically, and the pilots in the lanes beside them seemed occupied with their own itches.

"Stay calm," said Heldricht through gritted teeth, trying to keep her hands on the yoke while shaking her legs to try and dislodge the lice. The airspeeder shook violently as she momentarily lost control.

The Great Cathedral loomed large ahead of them, its many ancient spires standing proud and tall. Not far off, smoke billowed from the charred ruins of what looked like the VKP Headquarters.

Screaming could be heard on the streets below.

Heldricht glanced at the devastation in the distance, before hissed something under her breath in Cheunh. The lice had reached her hands. She threw her palms off the yoke in an instant of repulsion, and the vehicle tipped violently into the side of oncoming traffic, resulting in a serious dent to the hull.

"Hold on!" growled Heldricht, trying in vain to regain control of the damaged airspeeder. Try though she might, they were now hurtling downwards at considerable speed, descending directly into the Cathedral cemetery...

[b]Tag: Sinrebirth[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Avidan Malreaux
    NPCs: Captain Tamulis

[i]Outside Temple of Kiltia, City South[/i]

"Your test?" echoed Tamulis. "You passed it simply by successfully using the portal. The smoke only responds to those who souls are steeped in the Dark."

She began to scratch, trying to remove parts of her crimson armour to get to the lice that were now crawling beneath it.

"In the name of Ajora!" she cursed. "Malreaux, if this is Aldous's doing, he didn't warn [i]me[/i]. But then, t

24. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Lumitar Industries; City North

Calen looked to the ground while getting rid of the last ants. Then he smiled. Sometimes what you needed was luck. Or the force. Or whatever they called it these days. "Indeed. Indeed." He said and smiled. "And why do you think that is so?" Calen asked and hurried back to the marble hall and it´s reception. A quick look and he began searching for the mechanism to lock the doors. The building seemed empty, but Calen was actually pretty sure it was not. It was not empty. If he was right, it was anything but empty.

He shook his head. "Damned, is this a computer or a torture device for intelligent men? Marco, could you help me? We need to shut down the front doors. All doors if possible. And how do I set this damned gun on stun?" He looked at the weapon and wondered suddenly, if this little adventure was such a good idea.

By the gods, Dorian would probably be proud of him. for the very, very first time in their shared life.

Calen laughed and hit the button that seemed most likely to be the one he searched for. A feeling. A strong one.

Then he looked up, if the guards had actually stayed on their side of the doors. In case the doors closed, he had to do something about it.

"Boy. Could you get them out there, before we lock down Marco?" Calen asked. "With this . . . " He made a pushing gesture with both hands and raised his brows. "Hm?" He looked at the guards then back to the Sephi. "Don´t look at me like this. The Jedi in Anakin in love do it all the time, right?"

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Marco Riot, Guard-Captain Stark, journalists, guards

Ground Floor, Lumitar Industries, City North

They rushed back to the doors, and Calen fiddled with the various mechanisms for locking the door. The guards on the outside were still distracted by the lice, but noticed what he was doing, and tried to force their way in. Captain Stark joined them, while the journalists in the background quickly typed out notes and took pictures.

"What are you doing?" demanded Stark. "Let us in!"

Calen suggested that Marco use the Force, and the boy nodded in acknowledgement. He threw out his hands and pushed, sending the guards outside tumbling over each other and crashing into the pack of journalists. Stark had just about managed to keep his feet, but it was too late. Calen had found the seal, and the doors jammed shut.

"Lockdown initiated," said a female AI voice over the lobby speakers. "Please remain calm and wait for a security team to secure your location."

"We'd better hurry," said Marco, stepping away from the doors. "And by the way, Anakin In Love sucks. Try Han Solo and the Last Crusade. That film taught me you don't need the Force to be a badass."

He grinned, and headed towards the turbolift. According to the buttons, the building had 27 floors and 3 basement levels.

Tag: TheGoodImperial

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.