main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Basement Three, Lumitar Industries, City North

Calen sighed and opened the door. He checked his gun, for the fifth time if he recalled correctly, then decided he was obviously nervous without knowing it. He pushed the weapon into his belt. Marco meanwhile opened the door. Immediately he realized that danger might be imminent and he drew it again. Surprised by how fast he was when afraid he pushed it back and repeated it. This time not satisfied with the result, he listened to Marco, as he explained about the tattoo.

Calen looked up. "I see. So we need to skin him?" He said it as if it eas the only logical thing. Well. It was. Then the door was open.

They entered the room and there she was. A girl, barely wearing anything and with a hood and chain in a cell. Calen raised a brow. "Erm." He said to Marco and shook his head. "Yes my dear, we are here. Weare friends. Tell me who did this to you?"

Suddexnly he realized there was another possible explanation to this. Another from besides there being a girl mostly naked inchains in this room. In shock he looked to Marco.

"Please tell me you see her two. Because if this is an illusion taken from my head, I am so embarassed!" Calen whispered to him.

Tag: Winged

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinwara Malreaux
    Cathedral ground

Rina didn't answer, and she instead vanished. Sinwara felt despair, and then his ire rose, as he realised the new arrivals had disturbed her. LeSait sounded a bit panicked, but Sinwara bypassed him and nodded to the other newcomer. Nodding respectfully and speaking softly. "Floryn". He then looked at LeSait, and shrugged. "We crashed. The insects overwhelmed the Inquisitor."

Sinwara turned away, to look for Rina one more time.

Nothing.

He looked back. "The children are in danger. The Mullenkamp are back, and the Archbishop is in league with them. The Inquisitor doesn't believe me, and I don't care if the rest of you do, either." He turned away. "Oh, and my bodyguard was in on it, as was the Queen's bastard son... and my brother is missing."

He shrugged, again. Dampening down his ire had pushed him into apathy.

"You're either with me or in my way, at this point."

TAG: Matt

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    IC: Glyndon Nordic
    Outside Lumitar Industries, City North

The crowd of journalist started to step back from Glyndon, only to circle around. Jeez do they ever back off. Glyndon thought as the journalist surrounded him. It wasn't until DeOrland stepped in and rescued him from them that Glyndon was able to be free.

"Perhaps," suggested the Crimson Blade who was hovering nearby, "the three of us can discuss things privately inside the building? There are some questions I'd like to ask the both of you."

Glyndon nodded with an air of satisfaction. Anything to be rid of these vultures. There were questions he liked to ask himself.

They were ushered in toward the entrance. Glyndon could see the vibroblade in the hand of the Crimson Blade. He was a little nervous not knowing what was going to happen. Atleast he wasn't as woozy as he was earlier. He would be able to keep a clear enough mind if something does go wrong. Not that anything would go wrong, but Glyndon's day hasn't been the best. Too many surprises. Normally he wouldn't have mind a surprise but the these ones had been quite curious indeed.

Suddenly without warning, Glyndon heard sounds like fish flopping on dry land. He looked down and saw the gizka flopping at his feet before ultimately dying. Even his poor Boo died at his feet right after his final flop. His big eyes staring at Glyndon. He felt he lost a friend. Glyndon shed a tear.

Times couldn't have been more stranger than this. Too many signs showing that something was terribly wrong. He didn't really need the signs to show him. He felt it, somehow. It was as if he was an ocean yet he was not in any water. He could feel things around him far more deeply than most. The death of the gizka at his feet was like a hole inside him.

He remembered a long time ago, working on a project he was approached by a friend of his. Mance Tory, was his name. It was Mance who had mentioned that Glyndon was force sensitive. Glyndon never really believed him. But there were some things that came naturally for him, and again there was this feeling of empathy that Glyndon had that pretty much confirmed Mance's statement.

Glyndon was untrained and never ever thought about being a Jedi. No it was not his thing. So he left well enough alone and stuck with what he did best. He would unconsciously use his gift in his work. Being here in Valendia, brought out his gifts in a far more noticeable way for him, with the exception of the day his beautiful Della had died.

He was never trained, but Glyndon wondered if he focused on his gift, maybe just maybe he might get a better understanding of what is really going on here.

He looked down at Boo's lifeless body and said "Goodbye my friend." then proceeded to walk in to the building.

TAG Winged Jedi

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Floryn Korodoro
    Cathedral ground...

"Floryn."

The near-comical incongruity of the almost whispered greeting amidst the flames and metallic carnage of a speeder crash was topped only by Sinwara Malreaux's shrug. "We crashed," he said, "The insects overwhelmed the Inquisitor."

The Wroonian surveyed the black creeping ground, the cloud of white above them. "Which ones?" He smirked, scratching at a new bite.

Malreaux, however, seemed distracted by something else. His eyes were distant, and then abruptly, as if waking up from a dream, they were extremely, overwhelmingly present "The children are in danger. The Mullenkamp are back, and the Archbishop is in league with them. The Inquisitor doesn't believe me, and I don't care if the rest of you do, either." He turned away. "Oh, and my bodyguard was in on it, as was the Queen's bastard son... and my brother is missing."

Floryn merely gaped.

"You're either with me or in my way, at this point."

"That's..." Floryn looked to LeSait, "that's a lot."

Floryn turned slowly towards the Cathedral. He shut his lids over his golden eyes and rubbed them as one scrubs away a stain. When they opened again, they traveled up the tower to the broken window, to the swirling mass of snowflies. His hands fell from his face to supplicate at his sides. The sky was clear beyond the white insects. What do you want? Just tell me. The gods were silent. Floryn shook his head.

"He's right." His voice did not waver. "He's absolutely right and we all know it." He turned to Sinwara. "With you? In what? Valendia needs a King, one of our sons will be it, what is there to do? Surely we can't...surely we can't..."

His lips groped for words.

TAG: Sinrebirth

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Cathedral grounds

Floryn made headway in agreeing with him, finding some spine beneath that Wroonian softness, but then he lost his nerve and shuddered, unable to proceed. Sinwara looked back, a glare to her eyes. "We will do what we have to for our children."

"If I told you that the only way one of our children would be crowned King was by the deaths of all the other candidates, would you want him to be King? If the only resulted in our child becoming a pawn of the Mullenkamp? If there life would be over just for a little bit of power?"

He turned away, speaking all but too himself as he stomped forward.

"I don't know about you, but I can't stand the thought."

His patience had snapped again. He had no time for this. He had to save Gavril, save Avidan, save Rina.

TAG: Matt

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Floryn Korodoro
    Cathedral grounds...

"We will do what we have to for our children. If I told you that the only way one of our children would be crowned King was by the deaths of all the other candidates, would you want him to be King? If the only resulted in our child becoming a pawn of the Mullenkamp? If there life would be over just for a little bit of power? I don't know about you, but I can't stand the thought."

It hung heavily in the air. Surely this was what was best for Valance. If Sinwara had his son - or the young man that may have been his son, or may have been his brother's - disqualified, then it bettered the chances of Valance's winning, and given the boy's other shortcomings, becoming King of this world was outside the realm of what might be expected, was absolutely the highest he could achieve, was fantastical to even consider!

But then, given Sinwara's statement, choosing to leave Valance in the competition could play poorly with the public now that aspersions have been cast on the entire selection process.

The Earl of Saleucami violently shook his head free of all such thoughts. Why am I thinking this way? What have I become?

...what we have to for our children...

Floryn followed on Malreaux's heels.

TAG: Sinre

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: sorry. school kind of stole me away. this is really the first chance i've had to do much of anything on here. bit frustrating.

IC: Avidan Malreaux
    Outside Temple of Kiltia, City South

Wrinkling his nose at the stench, although finding the fountain of blood somewhat fascinating with it's scarlet hue and the thickness with which it ran, Avidan didn't say anything about the origins of the Mullenkamp. "Did you ever notice exactly how beautiful blood is? It's strange really, given that to see it something normally has to be dead. Beauty in death seems like an oxymoron." Shrugging, he turned back to the path they were following.

"I have heard stories, but I have no idea how much they are true. Some of it seems fantastic beyond belief, and other is contradictory. I know there was a Joshua involved, and four Jedi. But beyond that the tales I've heard diverge immensely. Honestly, I thought it was tales similar to Lord Nyax." Crossing his hands behind his back, beneath his cape, "But you could clear this up for me I'm sure." Looking at her from the corner of his eyes, "Why is it important? Past is past, is it not?"

TAG: WINGED

8. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

PCs: Floryn Korodoro, Sinwara Malreaux
    NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait, Captain Voren'kaa, Inquisitor Heldricht

The Cemetery, Great Cathedral, City Centre

LeSait and Voren'kaa both seemed outraged at Sinwara's revelations, though for different reasons.

"You dare accuse the Cardinal of collusion with Mullenkamp, Malreaux?" hissed Voren'kaa, unsheathing his vibro-sword. "The lies of a worm with his eye on the throne!"

"Stay out of this, Blade!" roared LeSait. "I've heard enough to go inside!"

He stomped towards the rear entrance of the Cathedral, which connected to the Cemetery. It was guarded by a single Crimson Blade.

"W-what did you do to me?" muttered Inquisitor Heldricht to Sinwara, stumbling out from the speeder. She was reaching for her blaster.

Tag: Sinrebirth, BobaMatt

PCs: Glyndon Nordic
    NPCs: Kadessa DeOrland, Guard-Captain Stark, journalists

[i]Lobby, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

Glyndon stepped inside with DeOrland and Stark. The entrance guards seemed confused and troubled by events, and reluctantly had allowed the trio to enter, but were insistent that the throng of journalists wait outside.

"Now," said Stark, a tall and noble-faced man who Glyndon would recognise as the leader of the Crimson Blades, "what in the seven Corellian hells is happening?"

"I could ask you the same question," replied DeOrland. "We just apprehended one of your officers- Captain Eyre- and secured her on suspicion of treason. Care to comment, Guard-Captain?"

Before Stark could respond to that, the voice of a female AI blared out over the lobby speakers.

[i]"Glyndon Nordic, welcome to Lumitar Industries. Please report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor. Glyndon Nordic, welcome to Lumitar Industries. Please report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor."[/i]

[b]Tag: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Calen Rohn
    NPCs: Marco Riot

[i]Basement Three, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

Marco couldn't help but chuckle despite himself.

"Yeah," he confirmed. "I see her too."

"P-please!" she cried. "They'll be back s-soon!"

And right on cue, the noise of the turbolift doors opening could be heard from back down the passageway.

"I'll deal with them," said Marco. "You talk to her."

He ignited his lightsaber and used it to slice open the cell door, allowing Calen to step inside. The young Jedi nodded goodbye to his companion and hurried swiftly back towards the lift.

"L-Lumitar..." said the girl, trembling as Calen approached her. Beneath the hood, she was plain-looking and thin-faced. The markings on her arm looked very much like tattoos, though they were smudged and messy. "I'm j-just a call girl. He's got a reputation but I didn't know...I d-didn't know..."

[b]Tag: TheGoodImperial[/b]

[hr]

PCs: Avidan Malreaux
    NPCs: Captain Tamulis, Aldous Corinne

[i]Valendian Royal Zoo, City South[/i]

Tamulis was about to reply to Avidan's questions when something strange (or at least, stranger than the gizka, snowflies and lice) began happening around them. In the exhibits, inside the cages and behind the glass, the animals of the zoo began dropping to the ground.

It quickly became clear that they were dying.

"We must hurry," said Tamulis.

They made their way to the far end of the abandoned park, climbing over the gates and sneaking into a darkened area where the trees arched together above their heads. Lying in the shade were three Nexu- all of them now dead.

"Such a shame," said a voice. It was the same one Avidan had heard addressing him in the Temple.

And suddenly, springing out in front of them from a wreath of black smoke, appeared a tattooed Falleen. His face looked as if it had been sculpted by a craftsman- his cheekbones were high and his nose thin, and his jawline was strong. He smiled easily, sitting himself down beside the trees and taking the head of a dead Nexu into his lap.

Aldous Corinne, leader of Mullenkamp.

[b]Tag: Trimaj[/b]
    [/blockquote]

9. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Underground Lumitar Industries; The Cage

The Jedi wanted to take "care" of them. "Good. Good." Calen nodded and grabbed his gun once more from his belt. Now he was not nervous, but he held it steady and secure. Watching the Jedi cut through the steel he stepped in. His gun was in his hand, but behind his back.

Lumitar fon Papillon. He had to be the guy she talked about when she meant that "he had a reputation". As a new reader Calen knew the most necessary things about Lumitar. His firm was specialized in genetics. Experiments. Calen sighed, as he imagined what could be under the hood. God, after he had lost his sense for beauty he had bathed in it´s destruction for a while. He remembered these dark days. He never did any of the crimes himself, but he had watched. watched an painted. The picutres were locked away on Okio and would stay this way until his death was a hundred years over. He had made sure of that. But he remembered the girls. And he wondered what they had done to her. The bloodsin was a tattoo, was it? Looking down on her arms he wondered if there was a connection. Certainly.

"don´t worry, you´re safe now." Calen said and readied himself to kill the girl, should she pose any problem. Then he vgrabbed her hood and removed it with one swift push.

"What is your name?" He asked while doing it so and he was eager to see her. Eager to see. His eyes did not look at the world right now, they consumed it.

10. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Lobby, Lumitar Industries, City North

Finally he was going to get some answers. Glyndon stepped into the building with DeOrland. There was so much going on that every time Glyndon thought he was going to get an answer something or someone interrupts. He wasn't going to let anything get in the way this time.His son was in danger and there are weird things happening around the city. He was starting to get frustrated. He knew he had to calm down before asking his questions.

He was about to speak but the Blade officer spoke first. "Now," said Stark, a tall and noble-faced man who Glyndon would recognize as the leader of the Crimson Blades, "what in the seven Corellian hells is happening?"

"I could ask you the same question," replied DeOrland. "We just apprehended one of your officers- Captain Eyre- and secured her on suspicion of treason. Care to comment, Guard-Captain?"

Glyndon could help but shift his eyes back and forth from DeOrland and Stark like he was watching a Bolo match. How could he even get a word in.

Once again the evening never failed for something interrupted the conversation. A female voice came over the lobby speakers.

"Glyndon Nordic, welcome to Lumitar Industries. Please report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor. Glyndon Nordic, welcome to Lumitar Industries. Please report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor."

Glyndon looked at both of them with big wide eyes as if he was confused. He still wanted some answers and someone was going to tell him or he was going to do something drastic. He took a deep breath. then glared at the Crimson Blade and VKP Officer.

"I want to know what's happening with my son? Who is trying to hurt him and where is he? I want answer I don't care who gives it to me. Just tell me NOW! he said with much more force behind it than he intended to. He has never been a hot tempered man, but the days events were enough to make even a mild mannered man to lose it.

TAG Winged Jedi

11. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Kadessa DeOrland, Guard-Captain Stark

DeOrland and Stark exchanged mutually suspicious glances, before each of them turned their attention back to Glyndon.

"The Blades were behind the death of the Queen," said DeOrland, "which leads me to believe that the Cardinal has orchestrated this entire affair. He is the greatest threat to your son."

"Such accusations are entirely unfounded," countered Stark angrily. "Your son is safe in the care of the Cardinal. In the Cathedral he is safer than in any other place in the City."

"Glyndon Nordic," boomed the AI again, "welcome to Lumitar Industries. Please report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor."

Tag: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO

NPCs: Callo

"M-my name's Callo," stammered the girl. She was not particularly attractive, but not unattractive either. Her brown hair was cut short so that it fell just below her ears, and her hazel eyes were wet and bloodshot. "At l-least, I think it is. I d-don't really remember..."

She held her head in her hands, sobbing quietly to herself.

A minute passed. Marco had still not returned.

[/blockquote]

12. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005

Glyndon stood there demanding answers from both of them. Stark and DeOrland finally stopped and looked at him.

"The Blades were behind the death of the Queen," said DeOrland, "which leads me to believe that the Cardinal has orchestrated this entire affair. He is the greatest threat to your son."

"What?" Glyndon said but Stark replied faster than he was able to.

"Such accusations are entirely unfounded," countered Stark angrily. "Your son is safe in the care of the Cardinal. In the Cathedral he is safer than in any other place in the City."

"Wait what makes you say the Blades are behind this? Who is the Cardinal really?" He was trying to get all his questions in because the loudspeaker kept announcing him to report to Dr fon Papillon's office on the top floor. This couldn't be a worse time to go now that someone is finally talking.

When he had enough of the loudspeaker Glyndon yelled out "Fine! I'll go."

He turned to Stark and DeOrland "I'm going up, but once I get back I expect more answers."

TAG Winged Jedi

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Cemetery, Great Cathedral, City Centre

Sinwara Malreaux turned, eyes venomous, and looked at Voren'kaa as he drew his blade. "I couldn't care less about the throne. I see that you, Captain, do not have children. My child is more important than a title."

A little bit of red bled into Sinwara's vision, as his temper grew and grew.

LeSait broke the cycle when he stormed off, towards the entrance. Sinwara turned to follow, just as the Inquisitor began to stir. Malreaux could see, in a kind of slow motion, the situation that would follow. LeSait, Heldricht and the other Crimson Blade... against LeSait, himself, and then... Floryn.

Heldricht wouldn't let them proceed. They had simply crashed here, by accident.

Sinwara could feel he was being pushed into another murderous moment. He couldn't afford to try to negotiate with the Inquisitor. He looked at the engine of the speeder, and just knew what he had to do. Sorry, Rina. But I'm doing this for our family."

He pointed at the engine, already manipulating it with his mind, loosening rivets in his minds eye. It began to rumble, and Sinwara cried out. "Get down!" He gestured with his hands, because this was going to be beyond even his skills and he needed the help of a physical gesture. But he had to try.

He shoved the Inquisitor towards the speeder which was hopefully about to explode, and Floryn and himself away from it. As he slammed to the floor of his own accord, and rolled away, he leaned even harder upon the speeder's engine with his mind. Rina, help me.

His patience had snapped again. He had no time for this. He had to save Gavril, save Avidan, save Rina.

TAG: Matt, Winged

14. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Sublevels; Lumitar

The Jedi did not come back. He could be dead, betraying him or simply busy. Anyway, Calen felt that with the situation as it presented itself, he was better of alone. as much as he appreciated the protection, he felt he could not trust anybody. Oh my, it was much like a condensed reflection of his life! Calen laughed out. Then he reminded himself of the girl.

The girl . . .

Have to play hero or at least make good use to her. "Everything will be fine, my dear. Believe me. Everything will be fine." He did not even try to sound especially convincing. "where do I find your former employer? Do you remember what they did to you? what these tattoos are?" Calen asked and pointed at her arm. He circled her, as she cried, making sure she was between him and the only pathway coming from the elevator.

The voice of his son took a deep breath in his head, to remind him how unmoralic it was to use the girl as a shield.

Calen´s voice told it to shut up.

This was a crisis. A war of sorts in which he served no side except his own inner need to move forward. to push forward towards and end.

Was it that he desired? An end? Had his son never turned out to deliver him from the evil the world was and now he through himself into this adventure to find whatever end suited him most?

No. It was stimulation. And he had an advantage over the rivals. He had nothing to loose, had he? Except a son who would love to see him die. As long as Dorian was save, the rest of the galaxy could burn . . . if it made a nice sight to look at . . .

Tag: Winged_Jedi

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

PCs: Sinwara Malreaux, Floryn Korodoro
    NPCs: Grand Steward LeSait, Captain Voren'kaa, Inquisitor Heldricht

Heldricht's eyes widened as she felt the force being applied upon her body. Like a ragdoll she was held back against the speeder, just as the engine sparked furiously...and exploded.

The fireball tore through the Inquisitor's body, killing her instantly. Flaming metal showered the cemetery. In the midst of the carnage, Sinwara would be able to briefly glimpse the face of his late wife, smiling at him through the smoke. And then she was gone.

LeSait, who had been headed for the Cathedral's rear entrance, now stood frozen, mouth agape. He didn't even have the presence of mind to unholster his blasters.

Voren'kaa, meanwhile, had attempted to do his job and protect Floryn, grabbing him to cover behind a tombstone.

Tag: Sinrebirth, BobaMatt

NPCs: Kadessa DeOrland, Guard-Captain Stark

[i]Lobby, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

"The Cardinal wants control of the throne," replied DeOrland. "He set up this whole process just to find a candidate he could manipulate."

"Nonsense," growled Stark. "The VKP have always held a grudge against the Church, but this goes too far."

The turbolift arrived and Glyndon stepped inside. According to the buttons, the building had 27 floors and 3 basement levels.

"Let me accompany you," offered Stark.

"No," said DeOrland, a hand on her blaster. "I'll keep him down here. Go see what fon Papillon wants, I'll be waiting for you."

[b]Tag: JEDI_TEEGIRLOO[/b]

[hr]

There was no one down the corridor, and no sign of a struggle. The turbolift was empty, and once again Calen was free to choose from the buttons indicating 27 floors and 3 basement levels.

"Where do I find your former employer?" he had asked the girl. "Do you remember what they did to you? What these tattoos are?"

"I-I don't know," she replied, covering up her arms self-consciously. "The last thing I remember is being taken out of some white room and into the cell. The lights were very bright. Lumitar told me h-he'd pay me extra if I waited there. His office is on the t-top level, I think."

[/blockquote]

16. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Calen Rohn; Elevator; Lumitar

Calen sighed and looked at the crying girl. He sighed a lot lately. He realized that. he should be a little tougher, perhaps. a bit more focussed to the outside. appearances were everything, after all. "The office it is, then." Calen smiled. Confidence, show her confidence. He pushed the button and looked down to his weapon. With a smirk he switched from stun to deadly. He looked at it and then laughed out to himself. Was he . . .

Yes, he was. Oh yes. HE WAS!

Looking at the girl again he knew the 27th floor would take some time to reach. Time to think. The Jedi. The Jedi was gone. Maybe he tricked the men away. but more likely were the other two options. First one would be him being killed or captured quietly by someone with superior skills. Without a sound. Or a sign. Unlikely, but not impossible. No signs of that, either. therefore the second solution was the more likely. Marco had left for his own reasons. Had he brought Calen where he had been meant to be? Was he done? Was he in league with the enemy? Who actually was the enemy? The Dark Side? Calen could not seriously say that anything else except it´s one-sided perspective seemed worse about the Dark Side than it did about the Light Side. He did not really care about other men´s religions. Betrayal was something he would take personal, though.

"Tell me everything about the experiments you remember." Calen demanded and looked at the girl. She was very useful right now, but he wondered what he would do if she became a burden? He did not wanted to do her anymore harm, but certainly her fate was irrelevant in the titanic shadow of his destiny as an artist.

"Tell me everything you remember in short. We don´t have too much time, I assume."

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Valendian Royal Zoo, City South

Strange sounds interrupted Tamulis before she could reply, and Avidan looked over towards one of the force cages... and tilted his head in slight confusion. Death reeked in the Force, but there was readily apparent reason for the creatures to be dying. From the blood draining from her face Tamulis knew what was happening. Well, isn't that just comforting. She told Avidan to hurry, which made him narrow his eyes. On the one hand, being ordered about by anyone other than Dracul did not sit well with him. Never had, and likely never would. On the other hand everything was rapidly going to hell in a hand basket, which meant that things were obtaining a certain urgency. And for some reason this series of events niggled in his mind, some prophecy or the other he had stumbled upon years ago. Or maybe not. Regardless, trying to remember some half forgotten thing that might or might not be real was not a priority. Saving his son was. And so he ran, keeping pace with the white as linen Tamulis.

Rushing through a dying zoo was the sort of thing that would have left a saner man with shivers running down his spine. Instead, Avidan was merely curious what had caused this to happen. It was the sort of ability he would like to have at his disposal, could it be directed with greater control. There gizka lay dead, in teh pathways they were hurrying through. Over there an Aacklay had fallen, it's huge sword like arms digging furrows into the ground. Myriad other creatures that Avidan lacked the names for were in other pins and cages, and he decided to focus on getting wherever they were going.

It took him most of the way through their trip, but it why things felt so much stranger than merely having dead creatures everywhere was the lack of anything living. There were no other sentient beings about, no children squalling about it's favorite thing to watch being dead, no parents murmuring about the strangeness, no women screaming hysterically. Instead there was silence, save for the slap, slap, slap of their boots as they ran on the permacrete pathways. It was as though they were the sole survivors of some apocalypse.

Finally Tamulis stopped for a moment, before scurrying over a gate. Avidan paused for a moment, looking into the deepening shadows beneath the trees, and then looking at the sign. Nexu. If they aren't dead this will not be fun. Sighing, and muttering to himself about peons, Avidan climbed the gate as well and followed his guide into the trees, where he saw three dead nexu.

"Such a shame."

It was the same voice that had spoken to Avidan in the temple, and just as he was about to say something to it, anticipating much the same results as before, a wisp of black smoke formed and an extremely tattooed Falleen sprang out of it, landing next to the nexu. He had the kind of face that an sculptor would would die to create, and likely never equal it again should they survive the crafting process. He was very fit, and the Falleen settled on the ground cross-legged on the ground with one of the Nexu's heads in his lap, absently stroking the fur of the head that was nearly as large as half of his torso. Overall an odd sight.

Avidan crossed his arms, "You're fatter than I expected." He wouldn't lower himself to sit on the ground with the leader of the Mullenkamp, for there was really no one else that this could be. Besides, looking down upon Aldous Corrine amused him. Knowing that time was something of the essence, but refusing to look like he was out of control, Avidan stood saying nothing more, waiting on the other man to explain what was going on.

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Aldous Corinne, Captain Tamulis

Nexu Enclosure, Valendian Royal Zoo, City South

"You're fatter than I expected."

Corinne chuckled.

"Leave us," he instructed Tamulis.

"As you wish, my love," she replied, and summoned the now-familiar black mist. She stepped inside it, and was gone.

"Thank the Gods for that," said Corinne, sighing. "Now that we're alone I can introduce myself properly. Aldous Corinne, leader of Mullenkamp, etcetera, etcetera. You know that part."

He stood up, and bowed his head.

"But my true name is Ludo Shamshir, Jedi Shadow and servant of the Living Force. A pleasure to meet you in the flesh, Lord Malreaux."

Tag: Trimaj

[i]Floor 27, Lumitar Industries, City North[/i]

"I...can't remember much," said the girl, looking nervously around the turbolift as it ascended. She was clearly uncomfortable being back in such close confines, having only just escaped her cell.

"I-I think he gave me some kind of injection. I remember my last job. I was leading four p-people around the ruins of the Duke's mansion...wait, that can't be right..."

She seemed troubled, and didn't say anything further.

The doors opened, revealing a spotless and sparsely-decorated waiting room, all clean white minimalism. At the far end of the room were a pair of frosted glass doors.

"Please, come through," squealed a high-pitched voice from behind the doors. Callo flinched at the sound, and cowered behind Calen.

"Lumitar," she breathed.

[/blockquote]

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Valendian Royal Zoo, City South

That Corrine laughed was interesting. Avidan wasn't entirely sure what to think of the man, as most people would have taken it as an insult. And then he told Tamulis to leave, So apparently we're to have a private conversation. Tamulis let an interesting tidbit slip then, that she and Aldous were lovers, and with a puff of smoke she was gone.

Tilting his head, Avidan was a bit surprised by Aldous reaction. The Mullenkamp leader was glad that his lover was gone. Eyebrow quirking Avidan considered the situation. Aren't you supposed to like having your lover around? One would certainly think so. As Aldous continued with what Avidan already knew, he waved his hand as if to say get on with it.

Corrine stood then, and bowed his head, as though he were a servant. A very slight smile was apparent in the corners of Avidan's eyes, but it revealed itself nowhere else. Then Corrine spoke again, and the world was turned on its head. A Jedi? What... is a Shadow supposed to be? Shamshir even declared himself a servant, which made Avidan rather uneasy. Those were always the hardest ones to manipulate, since they thought they were getting their orders from a higher power or some such.

Inclining his head slightly, Avidan was unsure what to say to that revelation. It didn't change much, Gavril was still in danger, and the situation was still getting worse what with the death of the animals. "That's a neat trick with the voice. As is everything else you've been doing... assuming you're the one responsible." A cold wind blew through the cage that they were sitting in, and Avidan drew his cape about him. Everything is going to get a lot worse, isn't it. "What is the agenda?"

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

NPCs: Ludo Shamshir AKA Aldous Corinne

"Agenda?" echoed Corinne- or rather, Shamshir. "Ha. My agenda is similar to yours, I would imagine. I assure you that I'm not the one responsible for the day's events."

His face darkened.

"Except the attack on VKP Headquarters. I didn't act quickly enough to prevent it. The problem with extremists is that, well, they take things to extremes."

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

Sighing, Avidan looked to the sky for a moment. This has been a waste of time then. Turning his attention back to Shamshir, Avidan considered the news that the VKP headquarters had been attacked, then decided it didn't matter. They couldn't save Gavril, nor could they give him the throne, so they were useless. "Indeed, that does seem to be the case most often."

Joining his hands behind his back, Avidan leaned against a nearby tree. "So, what would you have of me then? Since you admit this situation is out of your control, I don't know what, precisely, you think I can do seeing as I'm merely a visitor on this world."

22. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

"You're more than a mere visitor," replied Shamshir. "Listen. Five years ago, the Jedi Council tasked me with rooting out an unknown threat inside this City. So we set up a 'reborn' Mullenkamp as a deep-cover operation- a form of Sith lightning rod. And for years we've attracted nothing except fanatics like Tamulis.

"But things changed in the last few months, shortly after the Queen died. Information I've received since then suggests that you, your fellow fathers, and your sons, are pivotal to today's chaos. In fact, you're the cause."

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

While the history lesson was interesting, it was the last bit that was particularly striking. Crossing his arms, and cape falling back to reveal his all black attire, Avidan's eyebrow raised in a questioning fashion. "We're responsible for this? I find that difficult to believe. Would you have me believe the old stories about the city being alive are true?" Snorting in derision, "Surely not. How can a city, a thing of stone, be alive? Because that is the only thing that, given what I know, would make even the least bit of sense. Personally, I would be more inclined to suspect the church."

24. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Shamshir shrugged.

"That there is a consciousness to this place, a sentience, is something that perhaps you need to feel for yourself. But make no mistake: this City is a nexus of the Force. When you've delved into its secrets as deeply as I have, your natural abilities become amplified to extraordinary levels. How do you think I spoke to you in that Temple? How do you think those portals of smoke are generated? And those are parlour tricks compared to what you could do if you possessed the Key to the City.

"It is that Key which is the source of today's trouble."

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

Force nexus. His father had mentioned those to him on a number of occasions, and told him if he could ever find one to take it. Even as untrained as the Malreaux family was in the Force, they would be nigh unstoppable with that kind of power behind them. And in a sense, Shamshir had offered that to him on a platter. And the key, apparently, amplified the effects. Avidan knew what he wanted, and now it was a simple matter of finding the way to get it. Surely he could save Gavril, and take control of the city, if he had those two things, the nexus and the key.

Stroking his chin, Avidan considered for a moment. Looking down at the Nexu for a moment, considering how final death was and that was likely to be what would happen to him should he fail, Avidan made a decision.

Turning back to Shamshir, "I would be infinitely more inclined to believe you if I were to sense this for myself. Take me to this... nexus you mentioned, and then we'll see what we will see." Holding out his gloved hand, Avidan looked Shamshir straight in the eyes, almost daring him to see into the depraved depths of his soul. "Deal?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.