1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Leá Monde

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Winged_Jedi, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello, welcome. :)

This game is only meant to last a real time month (or maybe two at the very most). It is a brief but intense storyline for a very small group. I need four players who know they can be committed to this for that time period. If you?re interested, read on and PM me that sheet.

The story is a Star Wars adaptation of an excellent RPG called Vagrant Story. However, no knowledge of that game is required to play this one. In fact, I'd prefer if you hadn't played it, because then you won't be spoiled for the surprises that are to come.

Introduction

The year is 100 ABY.

The Empire flourishes under the rule of Fel II, while the Galactic Alliance struggles to maintain control over its regions. But even as the Imperials rejoice in their resurgence on the galactic stage, dark deeds are afoot within their own territory.

Moff Bardoba is a popular governor and a former general who enjoys a private, peaceful life on his homeworld of Valendia. Without warning, the Moff?s life has been turned upside down.

A band of Sith cultists known as Mullenkamp have stormed the Moff?s mansion, burning it to the ground and kidnapping his only heir, the boy Joshua. The cultists, led by the charismatic Sydney Losstarot, have fled into the ancient ruins of Leá Monde, a mysterious abandoned city in the dark heart of the planet. They have made no ransom demands as yet, and their intentions are unclear.

Emperor Fel has dispatched a small squad of Imperial Knights to deal with the situation. Their mission is to rescue the child and slay the kidnappers. The Jedi Order, however, insist that they have been pursuing these cultists for some time, and that it is their concern. The Emperor has refused their offers of assistance. Nevertheless, the Grandmaster has secretly sent out a team of four Investigators.

But Leá Monde is a city with a bloody history, and holds many evil secrets inside its walls. Anyone who enters should be well prepared- or they may lose more than their life?

Cast

Sydney Losstarot: the young and highly charismatic leader of Mullenkamp. His followers worship him. Over the last three years he has evaded all attempts to capture or arrest him, and has stirred up trouble on a number of worlds.

John Hardin: second-in-command of Mullenkamp, Hardin is a seasoned warrior despite not being much older than thirty. Though not as natural a leader as Sydney, he possesses a sharp intensity and focus that inspires belief in the other cultists.

Romeo Guildenstern: commander of the Imperial Knights sent to Leá Monde. Brutal, callous and feared, he is not a man to be crossed. His talent with the Force is prodigious, and though he usually serves as bodyguard to the Emperor, he volunteered to lead this mission personally.

Samantha, Duane, Grissom, Tieger, Neesa: the five Knights under the command of Guildenstern, they are fanatically loyal and dedicated to the Imperial cause.

Joshua Bardoba: the kidnapped child. Sole heir to both a great name and a great fortune, he is only nine years of age.

Moff Byron Bardoba: the governor of Valendia. He is rumoured to have dark secrets in his past, perhaps linked to the ruined city which lies so near his own residence. However, his popularity and respected reputation have spared him any close examination.

Jan Rosencrantz: a mysterious bounty hunter with ties to both the Imperial Knights and the Bardoba family. He entered the city in pursuit of the cultists, though his employer is unknown.

Setting

Valendia is a quiet world on the Inner Rim. It does not have many settlements but is a source of a number of valuable ores and minerals. It is divided into a number of regions, the largest of which is known as The Graylands.

The governor?s mansion lies within The Graylands, fairly isolated from any of the towns in the region. A few miles away from the mansion are the ruins of Leá Monde, and it is here that the cultists are hiding.

Leá Monde was once an enormous, thriving miners? community. A century ago, a series of violent earthquakes hit the city, col/>/>/>
  2. DarkSideAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: First Post!!! [face_dancing]

Expect a PM soon
  3. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
  4. DarkSideAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
  5. Sheogorath Jedi Knight

I'll try and get one soon [face_peace]
  6. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Guys, it's great to see such interest so soon, but you don't need to post here telling the world you're going to PM me. Just PM me. ;)

EDIT: An additional note. In light of the high number of PMs I have already received, I will be making my decisions on approval only once I have received at least twelve sheets (as opposed to the eight I stated in my opening post). If a week passes before I receive twelve sheets, I will make my decisions then.
  7. DarkSideAssasin Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: I did you didn't reply
  8. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Once I have received twelve PMs (or once a week passes, whichever comes first) I will read all the sheets sent to me. Then I will make my decisions. And then you will get your reply. :)
  9. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: So only the first twelve are considered? I guess that means I'd better hurry.
  10. CmndrCodi2 Jedi Knight

OOC: I sent one in too
  11. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    In response to Hammurabi: Yes, that's correct. Once I have twelve then I start deciding, and I think I'll decide pretty quickly. So far I have six.
  12. CmndrCodi2 Jedi Knight

OOC: bump

did I make the cut?
  13. ZebOswalt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are there a specific number of Sith as well?
    Name: Red Divto
    Species: Togruta
    Appearance:pretty Red skined Torguta female.
    Lightsaber(s):N/A
    Personality: Cold see Integral Hellsing but, more of a temper.
    Bio: Red was the adopted daughter of a JedI turned bounty hunter Named Gorge. She was raised with Goerge?s birth daughter Magdalene. And never knew her birth parents. Whom Goerge was workinbg with on a mission when they died. And promised their mom he would raise her as his own daughter. He and his wife did so. Till the purge. Goerge hid both her and Magdalen in a cumbered when Vader came to kill the Jedi. She learned fighting from hewr father. Vader killed Goerge as he killed all JedI. Red stayed hiden. She was no JedI, but still. Like her sister she was raised by Goerge?s info guy Willie. A Ruurian. Whom raised the sisters as his own. She learned to be a bounty hunter as Her sister became a diplomat. She normally works for the Rebs, but goes ware the credits are. She?s become cold over the years. And caires to Death head blasters she uses in combat.
  14. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    CmndrCodi2: Please be patient.

ZebOswalt: Your sheet was not PMed to me, therefore it is not approved. I also specifically stated only Jedi, and I specifically stated the timeframe (which does not fit with your character's bio).

I have received a flurry of sheets, and am reading through them just now as I make my decisions. But before I announce the four players, I just want to say this...

In my five years at the RPF, I can honestly say I have never before felt any hostility or prejudice towards newbies. On many past occasions I have been annoyed and even angered by the impatient manner in which veterans have treated newer players. We were all new once, and I still remember my early days with embarrassing clarity.

However, even when I was a newbie, I was capable of reading. My advice to newbies all around the world is this: when considering joining a game, read the opening post. I'm not even going so far as to say read it carefully, I'm just saying read it. That's all.

/>
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    APPROVED BY THE WINGED ONE

Name: Anengy Facefoot
    Species: Balosar
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/41/BalosarFemale.jpg]
    Lightsaber: Single purple bladed saber with a curved chromium hilt. Studied Makashi and Soresu.
    Personality: Sly and adventurous, a horrible flirt. She enjoys living life, and tends to live it to the fullest wherever she is, thhanks to the new Jedi's willingness to live and let live a bit more than the old.
    Bio: She didn't have to deal with the typical life growing up on Balosar having been found early on by the Jedi Order. She was always thankful for that, and studied diligently gaining high marks in anything that recquired quick thinking, or the ability to get out of a jam. Jams were something that she was very used to, though, as she had an adventuresome spirit that belied her species natural weaknesses. Normally those jams were escaped by fast talking, and the few that couldn't be were handled ably by her lightsaber.

Graduating to Knighthood was her proudest moment, having never honestly expected to make it due to some... indescresions on her part. Only her ability to turn a boffed mission into a surprising success allowed her to reach the point she needed for the trials. She passed by the skin of her teeth at the age of twentyfive, and has since been doing whatever the Masters have seen fit.

:snoopy
  16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Aaand... I'm approved! :D

Name: Kara Dysar
    Species: Zeltron
    Appearance: Like many Zeltrons, Kara is tall and lithe, with dark red hair and pink skin.
    Lightsaber(s): Green, Form IV (Ataru)
    Personality: Kara is one of those beings that are capable of great patience, caution and thoroughness when she puts her mind to it - which doesn't happen all the time. At her core, Kara is a thrillseeker, a trait not entirely tempered by her Jedi training.
    Bio: Kara was very young when she came into the Jedi Order. Her birth was something of a scandal - both sides of her family disapproved of the match between her parents, and were convinced that the other side had manipulated things between the two. The symmetry was an irony they both missed.

It almost came as a relief when the Zeltron child was discovered to be Force-sensitive. They gave Kara up to the Jedi Order and she has had no contact with them since. Kara, for her part, rose steadily (but unremarkably) through the Jedi ranks and is now a Jedi Knight.
  17. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    ~GM Approved~

[face_dancing]

Name: Kimara Odon
    Species: Arkanian

Appearance: White hair that extends to mid back and pure white eyes which are normal for her species. Also normal for her species is the four clawed fingers on each hand (no thumbs). 5'6 and 115, with an athletic build.

Kimara wears light brown robes, with a less light form fitting pair of pants and shirt underneath for times when she needs maneuverability. Her boots are calf high, and have soft leather soles.

Kimara, like all Arkanians able to see into the infra-red spectrum, but when looking into sources of extreme heat her eyes are sensitive and may require eye protection.

Lightsaber(s): 1, curved graphite colored hilt, blue bladed. (Form III: Soresu)

Personality: Kimara struggles with her genetic heritage and the arrogant attitudes passed down by her race, this has been her greatest struggle during her time as a Jedi as it often times causes her to be impatient.

That being said, she is fiercely loyal to those she considers a friend, and will sacrifice anything to ensure their well-being...sometimes to the detriment of a mission or her own safety.

Bio: Kimara was born on the planet of Arkania, and resided there until she was the age of 6. Being discovered then by a Jedi Master, her parents were promptly approached and asked if they would allow her to join the Jedi Order as she had a strong connection which was apparent to the Jedi even at such a young age.

Her parents, believing fully that this proved the superior blood of their line agreed, and since that day she has lived and trained on Yavin IV. Her natural inclinations led her to a career as an Investigator, a position which she loves dearly, and is dedicated to the rule of law and fairness to all races regardless of their reputation.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it would be amazingly ironic if we didn't have a human in the group... not that i'd complain mind you, but still. and no guys to boot!:p

19. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry to break that irony Trimaj.
    Approved

Name: Vic Horkin
    Species: Human
    Appearance: Vic is of average height with a slim, athletic body. He has no hair atop his head, but keeps a brown goatee on his chin. He prefers darker colors, wearing black Jedi robes.
    Lightsaber(s): The hilt of his two sabers are shiny, metallic black. One ignites a dark blue saber, the other a violet blade.
    Personality: Vic is of the quiet type, usually keeping to himself. Although he keeps to himself, he only thinks about others and would give his life for another being. He keeps his eye on the prize, wanting nothing more than to complete whatever he is assigned to.
    Bio: Vic was born into the Jedi Order. His parents were two Jedi Knights, Reos Horkin and Karen Ardsyn. His mother died when he was 17, leaving many to believe he was going to lead a life on the Dark Path. However, Vic remained strong, and continues his studies with the Jedi. His father remains a Jedi Master, serving the Order.

Vic studied under his parents. They taught him the values of the Force, and the dangers of the dark side. They also taught him to remain loyal to their cause. Vic valued these teachings, taking them to heart, and never forgetting one of them.

Ever since he was able to hold a training saber, Vic has been practicing. He began using dual sabers at the age of 19 and studied under the form of Jar'kai. He continues to learn that form until he masters it completely.

At the age of 20, Vic fell in love with another Jedi, Kelia Logana. Two years later, they had a baby. When he turned 24, directly after he was promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight, Kelia had taken their baby to her homeplanet of Dantooine. On the way, she was attacked by pirates. They kidnapped the baby and left Kelia to die. Vic, once again, walked the fine line between light and dark. However, he realized Kelia would not want him to fall, but to get their baby back. He did exactly that, but it took him several months. He tracked down the pirates to Nal Hutta. There, with his best friend Aron Smiit, he retrieved his baby after destroying the pirate compound.

Now, 5 years later, with his son being trained at the Academy, he volunteered to go on this mission because he feels strongly about finding this boy, since he had done so with his own son. As always, Vic will not rest until he finds this boy.
  20. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    GM ANNOUNCEMENT

Time to begin.

EDIT: Each player will be PMed a briefing from the Jedi Council. It is not compulsory reading, though you may find it in your interests if you take a look at it.

?The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the
    soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the
    flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."

-A.J. Durai

Prologue: The Graylands Incident

The Graylands

It was daybreak. The four Jedi investigators stood alone among the ashes of the Moff?s mansion, examining what was left. Only a day previously the magnificent residence had been stormed and torched by the Sith cult Mullenkamp.

The Moff himself had survived the attack and had been hurried away by his servants. He was currently being kept safe on another part of the planet.

The stench of death hung heavy, both in the air and in the Force. The darkside was strong; it seemed to emanate from the ground itself, even beneath the burnt ruins of the mansion.

Far off, miles into the distance, stood the ancient city of Leá Monde. It was there that Sydney and his cultists had taken the child, and it was there that the Jedi would go.

"Masters?" spoke a voice. A thin, dark-haired human woman approached the group, bowing her head in acknowledgement. "My name is Callo Merlose. I'm a Valendian Peacekeeper- we enforce the law in the region. I feel sorry that we could not deal with this matter on our own. With the arrival of the Empire's Knights and now yourselves, it seems that things have moved out of our hands. Nevertheless, I am happy to help you if you have any questions before you head to the city ruins."

Tag: Xan, nemisis, Despised, Trimaj
    />
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    OOC: still highly amusing that male humans are in the minority, considering, wouldn't you say nem?:p

IC: Anengy Facefoot/ Some distance from Leá Monde
    The Greylands

Anengy found herself looking over the ruins of a mansion, within sight of the ruins of a once great city. It was strangely fitting that ruins beget ruins, destruction beget destruction... and death beget death. There was much death in this place, the very atmosphere was charged with it. The Balosars normally bright face was downcast this day, her consistenly smiling face turned into a pensive frown. Why did the council have to send me here... This is a place of death... Like my homeworld. The pollution of the Balosar homeworld had left them effectively immune to poison, but it had left it's scars in a physically weakened species. The race was generally not trusted since many of them became criminals. Anengy had sought to cleanse that perception just a bit.

She glanced over the others in her group, there was Kara Dysar whom Anengy may have met once or twice in passing. She was a Zeltron, and like most of that race fairly beautiful. Kara had a proclivity for going after thrills, and that could all too easily result in getting into trouble. Anengy knew that all too well. The next to catch the Balosar's eye was Kimara Odon, one of the few Force sensitive Arkanians. Arrogant almost to a fault, but her loyalty was renowned throughout the order. It had caused her to sometimes not complete an objective, but there are those times when that's not a bad thing. And then there was Vic Horkin, the lone male and human of the group. The son of Jedi, Vic had proven he would go to any lengths to save someone. He'd done it for his own son, and as he'd volunteered for this one it pointed to that being the rule rather than the exception. All in all a reasonably effective group, but the dynamics could use a little working out.

Looking out over the city in the distance, Leá Monde's walls immediately caught the eye. The color changing brilliance was truly astounding, and were there not so many other wonders in this galaxy would have been truly exceptional. Odds were that was where the boy was being held, and they had no easy way in or to find him once they gained entrance. This is going to be a very long mission.

A voice spoke from behind her, "Masters?" Turning gracefully, Anengy saw a thin common looking human female approaching. She bowed her head in respect. "My name is Callo Merlose. I'm a Valendian Peacekeeper- we enforce the law in the region. I feel sorry that we could not deal with this matter on our own. With the arrival of the Empire's Knights and now yourselves, it seems that things have moved out of our hands. Nevertheless, I am happy to help you if you have any questions before you head to the city ruins."

Taking the initiative, as she had on many occassions, the Balosar asked "Have you heard of any bounty hunters asking questions about Joshua? Particularly a Jan Rosencrantz? Our briefing said that he might be of some concern. Also, is there any additional information you can give us about the layout of Leá Monde? We know that's where this cult that kidnapped Joshua is based out of." It would be helpful if the local authorities ahd some more information, but what they had could be worked with... if necessary.

TAG: WINGED, D1, NEM, XAN

OOC:
    intriguing intro and briefing winged, i find myself extremely curious.

22. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I usually play humans and decided not to on a whim, so Nem being the only human is quite funny. :p

BTW: description of Zeltrons, if anyone is interested. Relevant points are that they can produce pheromones and are highly emphatic.

IC: Kara Dysar

The Graylands

Kara Dysar, Jedi Knight, felt sick.

She and three others had been assigned a fairly straightforward mission: find the boy Joshua and bring him back. The briefing had mentioned that the Sith cultists that had done the kidnapping had torched the mansion in the process, but nothing had prepared Kara for this scene ... a burnt ruin, still warm, the stench of ash and death and darkness thick in the air and the Force.

It was almost overwhelming. Kara concentrated on keeping it at bay - if she couldn't handle it here, she'd be useless in Leá Monde itself - but to see this needless destruction -

"Masters?" spoke a voice from behind. Kara turned to see a thin, dark-haired woman approaching the group. "My name is Callo Merlose. I'm a Valendian Peacekeeper- we enforce the law in the region. I feel sorry that we could not deal with this matter on our own. With the arrival of the Empire's Knights and now yourselves, it seems that things have moved out of our hands. Nevertheless, I am happy to help you if you have any questions before you head to the city ruins."

The Balosar, Anengy Facefoot, asked, "Have you heard of any bounty hunters asking questions about Joshua? Particularly a Jan Rosencrantz? Our briefing said that he might be of some concern. Also, is there any additional information you can give us about the layout of Leá Monde? We know that's where this cult that kidnapped Joshua is based out of."

"Is there only one entrance to the city?" Kara added. If there really was only one way in, that might be problematic - the Sith cultists would undoubtedly have fortified it. And their Imperial Knight counterparts would also likely use it to get in.

TAG: WJ, All
  23. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

The Graylands

"Have you heard of any bounty hunters asking questions about Joshua?" asked Anengy Facefoot. "Particularly a Jan Rosencrantz? Our briefing said that he might be of some concern. Also, is there any additional information you can give us about the layout of Leá Monde? We know that's where this cult that kidnapped Joshua is based out of."

"Is there only one entrance to the city?" added the Zeltron Jedi Kara Dysar.

"In answer to the first question," began Peacekeeper Merlose, "Rosencrantz is the only bounty hunter we know of involved in this case, and he has not been in contact with us. He simply announced that he would find the child. Our records indicate that his ship has visited Valendia on a number of previous occasions, though we do not know why.

"As for the city layout...Leá Monde is a large city with a sprawling underground complex. The Snowfly Forest stands in the north, within the city walls. The Temple of Kiltia is the major monument in the south. And the Great Cathedral lies in the centre.

"And yes, there is only one entrance we know of- via the mineshafts and catacombs. And even that route is not entirely safe. It is populated by wild creatures. The last time we sent someone to the city was ten years ago- they did not return."

24. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Vic Horkin
    ~The Graylands~

Vic stood with three of his Jedi companions. He knew them all, but had barely spoken to them all, expect for Kimara Odon, a near-human from Arkania who he had known for several years now, since she was just a youngster. She was a great Jedi, but was often impatient, which is a major downfall for Jedi. He liked to consider himself a sort of mentor to her since he was older than her. He was also older than Kara Dysar, who was also another near-human species. He was not quite sure where exactly she was from, but she was a Zeltron from Zeltros. He took a liking to her because of her skin tone, which was pink. His liking could also be caused by her pheromones that she could release. He had yet to come across those, but he most certainly would. Vic was not, however, older than Anengy Facefoot. She, too, was not human. He felt out of place with these three near human females. But, that would not stop him from completing his mission.

The Jedi Knight, who was walking around the still smoldering ashes of the house from which the Moff had lived. Vic could sense the death that had occurred hear through the Force, their echoes screaming out in pain. The Dark Side was mixed in with the anguish that flowed through the Force. It all brought a chill to his back. The feeling was so dark, and brought him such unhappiness, it was as if nothing in the entire galaxy could bring a smile to his face. In fact, he could not even remember how to smile.

"Masters?" came a voice from behind Vic. It was a human female that came forward. Her name was Callo Merlose. She bowed with respect to the Jedi around her. "I'm a Valendian Peacekeeper- we enforce the law in the region. I feel sorry that we could not deal with this matter on our own. With the arrival of the Empire's Knights and now yourselves, it seems that things have moved out of our hands. Nevertheless, I am happy to help you if you have any questions before you head to the city ruins."

Anegny responded first. She asked of the bounty hunter who the Jedi Council had briefed them on, Jan Rosencrantz. Then Kara asked if there was more than one entrance into Leá Monde. According to the Jedi Council's briefing, the only entrance was through the mine shafts. Vic nodded, realizing that Kara had come to the obvious conclusion that the mine shaft would be very, very difficult to pass through, just because it was a mine shaft, not to mention the fact that the group of Sith knew that someone was going to come for them. Since that was the only way in, they would most likely do something to the mine shaft. Perhaps they would set traps, put some Sith alchemy within it or even collapse the mine shaft all together.

Callo responded that the only known bounty hunter on the case was, in fact, Rosencrantz. "He has not been in contact with us. He simply announced that he would find the child. Our records indicate that his ship has visited Valendia on a number of previous occasions, though we do not know why." So this Rosencrantz was serious about this. Vic did not mind it, another being with the same cause could be of some use in obtaining the boy, and that was really all that Vic cared about. Though, Rosencranrz was not the only other person trying to obtain the boy; the Imperial Knights were as well. This could become very, very confusing, and possibly deadly, if they all met up at once. There was always the possibility that one of these others would fail, and Joshua would be killed. That would not be acceptable.

Callo also confirmed the Jedi Council's briefing that there was only one entrance...through the mines. "And even that route is not entirely safe. It is populated by wild creatures. The last time we sent someone to the city was ten years ago- they did not return."

"That's not to mention," said Vic, "what kind of defenses, traps, magic or what not that the Sith most definitely put into place so as to not be bothered by saviors." Vic shook his head lightly. A thought came to mind. "This may
  25. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

The Graylands

"That's not to mention," said Vic Horkin, "what kind of defenses, traps, magic or what not that the Sith most definitely put into place so as to not be bothered by saviors...This may seem like a strange request, seeing as the destruction of Leá Monde occurred a century ago, but are there any known survivors still around these parts?"

"A good question," replied Merlose. "Unfortunately, there are none we know of. Any long-living species there might have been within the city have long since left this planet by now. I am sorry to disappoint you. Leá Monde is still a mystery even to us who live near its walls. You will have to see it for yourself."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.