main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Leá Monde

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Winged_Jedi, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Welcome back Despised! Yeah there's nothing amiss except he's Rosencrantz not Rosenthal. ;)

Tircolas Flow

"Alright," said Vic after a moment, his breath returning to him. "You need to explain further...Who are you? Where did you learn the Force?"

The Jedi's voice was stern, his stance firm and unyielding. He had seen many things in this City...the dead rising back to life, dragons summoned from the shadows, murderous Imperial Knights...and the ghost of his own wife. He was not in the mood to be toyed with anymore, and it showed.

"I expected you would question me," said Rosencrantz, holstering his blasters. "I suppose there is no harm in telling you. I feared that if you knew you would not let me accompany you, or worse, you would attack me. I hope that I have gained your trust after that...encounter."

"The truth is that I was once a prominent cultist myself- I co-founded Mullenkamp with Sydney. We parted ways eventually, over certain...differences. But I still count him as one of my close friends. He may have gone too far this time, but he is not the villain you have been led to believe."

He slung his jetpack over his back once again.

"If you have no further questions, I suggest we head into the Snowfly Forest. It is not far from our current position."

Tag: nemisis

[i]Snowfly Forest[/i]

[b]Kara[/b] dodged the acidic saliva before parrying the headless body's attack and backing away- before wheeling around to intercept a strike from [b]Duane[/b], who entered the fray with a overhand slash. Kara blocked it at high guard and summoned the Force again, hurling the undead Knight off his feet.

Her mind worked furiously, and soon she came up with a new strategy. She spun and slashed at Grissom's decapitated body, easily passing his guard and slicing his legs out from underneath him.

His upper torso fell to the ground with a thud, though it quickly regained its balance thanks to its arms, and began pulling along the ground towards Kara. The legs, meanwhile, charged at her, leaping into the air and kicking furiously. It was almost comical if not for the fact that she was still in real danger.

Duane meanwhile, rushed in for another attack, while Grissom's head continued to spit, aiming higher now so that he could get greater distance.

[b]Tag: Xan[/b]

[hr]

[i]Rue Sant D'Alsa[/i]

[b]Kimara[/b] and [b]Anengy[/b] proceeded together, quiet and withdrawn while they contemplated all that had happened so far. Fortunately the streets seemed to be deserted in the southern area of the City, and they had some welcome peace while they reflected, and gathered themselves for what was to come.

And without warning, the Force blazed into life, brimming with anger and violence and terror.

A rapid barrage of scarlet lasers poured towards the Jedi pair from all angles, only narrowly missing them and scorching the ground. A quick look around revealed nothing- the buildings and huts seemed to be as empty as the streets. But the blaster fire continued, and it became apparent to both Jedi that they were under sniper attack.

[b]Tag: Despised, Trimaj[/b][/blockquote]

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Assuming Grissom was sliced in half at the waist-ish...

IC: Kara Dysar

Snowfly Forest

This wasn't working. Kara cursed, slashing wildly at Grissom's legs. It would have been almost comical if it had been someone else - as things stood, she sliced off his right foot only to get kicked in the head by the left. Hard. Stars exploded in her vision. The undead were slow, but freakishly strong. Had they been so in life, or was this more of Sydney's doing?

The Zeltron staggered backwards, barely intercepting Duane's next attack. Once again she locked sabres and shoved him away, taking care to keep Duane between herself and Grissom's head, still spitting acid. The torso was still pulling itself along the ground, doggedly trying to get at Kara, but as it lacked reach it wasn't a threat. Yet.

The divide-and-conquer tactic was ... sorely lacking.

Anger and frustration surged through her, giving her new strength; a sensation that would have been utterly alien just yesterday, but felt so right. I am going to kill Sydney, Kara thought darkly. She raised her free hand and threw the Force at Duane again - and this time, her power manifested itself as lightning.

TAG: Winged

3. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Snowfly Forest

I am going to kill Sydney, Kara thought, her anger like a storm within the Force.

Once again, the snowflies seemed to be gathering, this time just above the Zeltron, bathing her in a blue-white glow.

She raised her free hand and threw the Force at Duane again - and this time, her power manifested itself as lightning. It blasted straight into her foe's chest and tore straight out the other side, forming a huge, gaping hole. Duane roared with pain, but continued his advance. The flesh around the newly-created cavity began to crumble rapidly, dropping to the ground and disintegrating into dust.

The lightning seemed to have worked, and it occurred to Kara that it made sense to fight fire with fire... made sense that these creatures of the dark could only be destroyed permanently by the dark...

Tag: Xan

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Vic Horkin
    ~City of Leá Monde~

Rosencrantz did not hesitate to answer the questions being thrown at him. Judging by the fact that he had just holstered his weapon, Vic felt a little more at ease, but was still ready to pull out his weapon at any moment. "I expected you would question me. I suppose there is no harm in telling you. I feared that if you knew you would not let me accompany you, or worse, you would attack me. I hope that I have gained your trust after that...encounter."

What the Bounty Hunter revealed next made the Jedi Knight want to pull out his lightsaber and slash Jan down. Apparently, he had been the co-founder of this Sith Cult along with Sydney. However, he must have seen the error in the ways of his good friend, saying, Sydney "may have gone too far this time." That was a bit of a relief, yet Vic could not help but feel even more suspicious of Rosencrantz. "But he is not the villain you have been led to believe."

"Not the villain he is made out to be?" Vic asked, his voice betraying his shock. "He is the leader of a cult who has kidnapped his own brother. Not to mention the fact that he has already tried to kill my fellow Jedi and I." He decided to leave out the fact that he was a practitioner of the Dark Side since Jan himself was as well. He did not want to upset his only guide through this city. Not until the man had worn out his use.

Yet again, Vic felt ashamed of his own thoughts. Not until the man had worn out his use? That was not a thought a man should be having, especially a Jedi Knight. Again, it showed the effects that this wretched city was having on Vic.

"If you have no further questions," Rosencrantz said, "I suggest we head into the Snowfly Forest. It is not far from our current position."

Vic stayed silent for a moment, thinking on what to do. Should he trust this man, a former member of the Sith Cult? What if he was tricking Vic, secretly working with Sydney and leading Vic to his death? It was a tricky situation, one that the Force was giving little hints on which way to decide - possibly because the Dark Side was clouding the Force so much within Leá Monde.

"Lead the way," Vic finally said.

TAG: Winged_Jedi

5. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Tircolas Flow

"Not the villain he is made out to be?" Vic asked, his voice quivering with obvious shock. "He is the leader of a cult who has kidnapped his own brother. Not to mention the fact that he has already tried to kill my fellow Jedi and I."

"If you have no further questions," Rosencrantz said, ignoring this outburst, "I suggest we head into the Snowfly Forest. It is not far from our current position."

Vic stayed silent for a moment, thinking on what to do. The Jedi faced a difficult situation. One hand he could be walking into a trap, and even if he wasn't he was still allowing himself to be led around by a cultist. On the other hand, Rosencrantz was a useful guide for now.

"Lead the way," the Jedi finally said. His companion nodded silently, and strode ahead.

They had only been walking for two minutes when Rosencrantz began to speak once again.

"Sydney told me you lost your wife," he said simply.

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    ~City of Leá Monde~

The duo began to walk, Jan leading the way. Vic felt uneasy following this man now, not knowing exactly what he was being led to. The best situation, Jan would be heading straight towards Joshua and an end to this horrible mission. The Worse situation, the Bounty Hunter was leading him straight to Sydney and other cultists which would most certainly lead to the death of the Jedi Knight.

Very soon after they began to walk, Rosencrantz began to talk. "Sydney told me you lost your wife," he said. Vic nearly stopped in his tracks, but managed to keep walking. It wasn't a surprise that Sydney knew, he had formed the vision of Kelia. How Sydney knew this was what troubled Vic.

He assumed the bounty hunter was trying to get a rise out of the Jedi, and Vic was not going to amuse him. "Yes," he said. "Five years ago." His expression, his voice, was as bold as ever. He made sure that his true feelings on the matter were hidden deep down inside so that Jan could not see - or feel - them.

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Outside the Snowfly Forest

"Yes," said Vic, his voice neutral, revealing nothing of his true feelings on the subject. "Five years ago."

Rosencrantz seemed to accept this as an answer, and for another short while there was silence. The pair reached a gateway, behind which were steps leading down to what was presumably the entrance to the forest. The trees were tall, and covered in snow at their highest branches, while the path through was shrouded in darkness. Over the top, the air was so foggy that Vic could not tell how far the forest stretched.

A strange, eerie light seemed to glow for a moment within the forest depths, and then it was gone.

The pair began to descend the crumbling steps slowly, and the darkside seemed to grow thicker in the air.

"So how did she die?" said Rosencrantz suddenly, turning to his companion. He had the slightest of smiles on his face. "How was she taken from you?"

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Snowfly Forest

Kara bared her teeth in a mirthless grin. Her lightning assault had blasted a huge, gaping hole straight through Duane's chest, prompting a roar of pain; oh, she should have known. These two had been animated by the Force - it followed that only the Force could destroy them. Fight fire with fire, huh?

The snowflies were back, this time gathering in a cloud just above Kara's head. She ignored them.

Duane was still advancing, despite the flesh crumbling around the gaping wound in his chest. Kara backed up a few more steps, her lightsaber forgotten at her side, and let fly with Force lightning again. And again. And again, until both he and Grissom was gone completely.

9. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Snowfly Forest

Duane was still advancing, despite the flesh crumbling around the gaping wound in his chest. Kara backed up a few more steps, her lightsaber forgotten at her side, and let fly with Force lightning again. And again. And again, unleashing streams of white-blue energy lashing into her foes, causing what remained of them to crumble into nothingness.

Within a matter of seconds, she had destroyed both of the undead knights, severed body parts and all. Like a cleansing fire, the darkside had enabled her to eradicate every last atom of her enemies. The only traces of their existence were their lightsabers, which lay on the ground.

And then it was over, no longer exhilarating, but exhausting.

The snowflies were building in number around Kara, as if feeding from the power that emanated from her. The darkside hung as thick and heavy as she had ever felt it, and it seemed as if she were trapped inside a suffocating smog, enveloping her and seeping into her skin.

And then, she heard a noise- high pitched and constant. The world went white, and her vision was stolen by the Force.

Images flared into her eyelids, vivid and striking:

Guildenstern, captain of the Imperial Knights, doing battle with Vic, her fellow Jedi...

A man in yellow armour, firing lasers at Neesa...

Samantha falling from a great height, and slowing suddenly, caught in mid-air...

And then the images blurred, and flashed rapidly in confusing and dizzying sequence:

The man in yellow armour...laughing and laughing as a dark halo forms around his head...

Hardin, on his knees, pleading...

Samantha falls again, but this time into the darkness...

Guildernstern, a towering figure atop a roof...arms raised to the blackened skies...

A winged creature, a Sith spirit, a raging dragon, a weeping child...

And Sydney Losstarot, author of chaos...and on his back...

A blood-soaked tattoo glows with an infernal aura.

And Kara awoke from her vision, breathing heavily. The snowflies dispersed at once, leaving her alone in the clearing.

Tag: Xan

10. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Snowfly Forest

Kara had thought her lightning assault had done a lot of damage to Grissom and Duane in life, but it was nothing compared to what it did to their undead forms. Wherever the blue-white energy touched, their flesh crumbled to nothing. Coolly, Kara sent wave after wave of Force energy their way, determined to eradicate all traces of their existence.

Seconds later, it was all over. Kara lowered her hand, staring at the charred earth. There was nothing left of the two Imperial Knights but ash and two lightsaber hilts, abandoned on the ground.

Suddenly exhausted, Kara sank to her knees. The snowflies whirled around her, enveloping her in a halo of blue-white light ... the same colour as Force lightning, she noted distantly. There were more of them now, as if drawn by the dark power she had been channelling - but the power that had flown so readily just moments ago now seemed thick, heavy, suffocating. It was as if the dark side continued to flow, but this time there was nowhere for it to go, and so it enveloped her, seeping into her skin and her very being. She was powerless to resist, trapped, drowning in a sea of white light -

Images flashed across her vision. Vic fighting Guildenstern; absurdly this made Kara feel better. A man in yellow armour, fighting Neesa. Samantha falling, then floating to the ground. They were coming faster now, blurring together: she caught flashes here and there of the Imperial Knights and Hardin, of darkness and rage and laughter, and then Sydney Losstarot himself, the tattoo on his back glowing with an infernal aura ...

Kara awoke. It was a confused few moments before she got her bearings again; she was on the ground in the same clearing she had been in before that - whatever it was. She pushed herself up and stood, feeling oddly drained and shaky, as if just waking from a particularly unrestful nap. The snowflies were gone, leaving her alone in the clearing in the middle of the forest.

She swept both hands through her hair. Her earlier anger had evaporated, but the memory of its power was still there, just waiting to be called ... feeling slightly sick, Kara turned away from the charred earth. She had let herself get carried away there. Doing what was necessary was one thing, but to do so out of anger ... anger was of the dark side. She knew this. She had done it anyway.

I don't have time for this. Sydney was still out there - somewhere. Kara closed her eyes and reached out with the Force once again, searching for traces of his presence or Hardin's, or any sentient presence for that matter. Any guidance would be better than picking a direction at random.

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    ~Outside Snowfly forest~

The pair walked together once more in silence for a little while. After a while, they reached a gateway that had steps underneath it which seemed to lead to the entrance of the forest. The trees were tall, and Vic expected that the forest was rather large, but he could not tell because of the dense fog. He felt a brief hesitation in himself as he looked down the stairs; the entrance was shrouded in darkness, and not just visually. He felt an intense pull to the Dark Side, more so than he had expected seeing as this whole place was a haven for darkness.

Just before Jan began to descend the stairs, a light appeared through the fog, bright and very eerie. Just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone, leaving the Jedi to wonder what exactly had caused it. He had strange feeling that Jan was going to lead Vic to this light.

"So how did she die?" Rosencrantz said out of nowhere, turning to face the Jedi. His face showed a slight smile, bringing forth a bit of anger within Vic. "How was she taken from you?"

Vic did all he could to not pull out his lightsaber and slice the Bounty Hunter in two. But the darkness that bled from the forest made the decision seem like a smart one. The Jedi had to stop and take a few deep breaths to keep himself from doing potential harm to Jan. "I don't see how that is your business, Bounty Hunter." He did not look at Jan, feeling as though if he did, and saw that smile again, he would snap and do something he could possibly regret. "Just continue to walk."

12. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Entrance, Snowfly Forest

Vic's anger was clear in the Force. The Jedi had to stop and take a few deep breaths to keep himself from doing something he would regret.

"I don't see how that is your business, Bounty Hunter," he said without looking at his companion. "Just continue to walk."

They descended the last of the steps, and entered into the forest. There was no sort of path along the ground, and for the first half minute it seemed they were simply wandering deep into a labyrinth- when Vic looked around he saw that the entrance that they had walked through was already too far away to see.

"Astonishing that she died so young," said Rosencrantz suddenly. "I can only assume that she was taken through violence. And that you failed to protect her."

[i]Central Clearing, Snowfly Forest[/i]

Kara closed her eyes and reached out with the Force once again, searching for traces of her foes, or any sentient presence for that matter. She could feel very little except the masking serenity of the snowflies, and certainly the dark touch of Sydney was long gone.

A familiar aura seemed to glow suddenly in her mind, and she realised she could sense the somewhat reassuring presence of a Jedi, somewhere to the south of her current position. Which of her fellow Jedi, she was not sure.

[b]Tag: Xan[/b][/blockquote]

13. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Snowfly Forest

Kara opened her eyes. That she could sense no trace of Sydney's presence did not surprise her; he had already demonstrated an ability to disappear completely. She had, however, picked up on a bright presence in the Force somewhere in the distance that could only be a fellow Jedi - who exactly, she wasn't sure, but she was surprised to only sense one of them. Why had they split up - or had something happened to the other two? She puzzled over this for a moment before shrugging it off as pointless speculation.

It occurred to Kara that she ought to feel more distressed at, well, everything, but she was finding it hard to feel anything but the masking serenity of the snowflies. Just as well, Kara decided. There is no emotion, there is peace...

And now there was knowledge, too, of sorts. Kara clipped her saber back to her belt, dusted herself off and started in the direction of the Jedi presence.

TAG: Winged, maybe Nem..

Heh, Kara's in denial. [face_mischief]

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    ~Snowfly Forest

Vic walked into the forest not knowing exactly what to expect. He tried to calm himself, but it was a lot harder than he had expected. Vic knew what Rosencrantz was doing, tempting the Jedi with his words in order to try and make Vic angry. That, plus the outstanding pull of the Dark Side was a bad combination, especially since he was talking about Kelia, Vics wife.

After several moments of walking, Vic wondered if they were actually heading to somewhere in particular, or if Jan was just leading him randomly into the forest. There was no path that they were following, so Vic could not help but feel lost. Taking a glance behind his shoulder, the Jedi could not make out the entrance of the forest, which seemed strange since they had only walked for several moments.

"Astonishing that she died so young," Rosencrantz said out of nowhere again. The anger was already bubbling up, ready to boil over. "I can only assume that she was taken through violence. And that you failed to protect her." Despite the fact that Vic knew that Rosencrantz was intending to get a rise out of him, to use the darkness that this forest was offering in order to gain power, that comment was all Vic could handle.

Vic whirled on Jan, reaching out to grab him across the throat. His face was shaking with anger as he spoke. "This is not about my wife, bounty hunter! You leave her out of it. Do you understand?" His other hand was grasping his lightsaber, his thumb on the switch. Then, as if acting as a savior, a beacon of light that was shrouded only slightly by the Darkness emanating from the Forest, Vic could feel another Jedi out deeper into the Forest. Who it was was unknown to him, but he could only expect that it was Kara, the other Jedi could not have made it into the forest this quickly.

Through his thoughts, Vic forgot that he had been threatening Jan. Now, all that remained was a response from the bounty hunter.

TAG: Winged_Jedi, maybe DarthXan318

15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Kimara Odon: Rue Sant D'Alsa

The road to the Temple of Kiltia was quiet, too quiet. Kimara had expected more resistance to their presence, especially since the caverns that led here were filled with such horrors.

As if on cue, a dark presence permeated her senses. "It's about time." She muttered to Anengy. There was a sense of relief in her voice, as if knowing that an adversary was near gave her comfort. Truth be told, it did. Not knowing when the next attack would come or from was starting to wear on her frayed nerves.

Before anything more could be said red bolts of blaster fire poured from the sky. Kimara could not help but imagine them as blood red rain, surely a bad omen if ever there was one.

There was no time to reflect upon this at the moment however, now action was needed if she was to survive. Drawing her lightsaber Kimara blocked those bolts that dared come near her, though she wasted no effort trying to direct them in an particular direction, her focus was to find either the temple or some other building in which to take cover.

Staying out in the openness of the streets would get them killed....fast.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Trimaj

16. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Indeed, our favourite Zeltron just can't see how far she's fallen. Or rather, falling. As appears to be my custom when noting Kara's rapid descent into darkness, I shall laugh evilly. Mwhahahahaha.

I'm off to Ireland until next Wednesday (the 16th) and won't be able to post in that time. When I get back, expect us to begin moving towards an explosive and shocking final third. See ya then. ;)

We now leave [b]Chapter Three: Showdowns[/b] and our new musical accompaniment is [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OPegjZkZ0]Padme's Ruminations[/link].

[blockquote]

[b][u]Chapter Four: A City In Darkness[/b][/u]

[i]Somewhere in the Snowfly Forest[/i]

[b]Vic[/b] spun, grabbing [b]Rosencrantz[/b] by the throat, his grip so tight that he lifted the man slightly off the ground. [i]"This is not about my wife, bounty hunter! You leave her out of it. Do you understand?"[/i]

A few tense, still moments passed in the eerie silence of the darkened forest. The Force pulsed ominously with fear, and anger...and death. Vic noticed a strange white light now shining just above his head, shimmering and moving. After a moment he saw that they were tiny winged insects, flitting around in a large, luminous swarm. Their strange dance was soothing, almost hypnotic...

And it was at that moment that [b]Kara[/b] appeared out from the shadows nearby. She had tracked the presence she felt in the Force, and the scene she now saw in front of her was perhaps not what she expected. Her fellow investigator Vic Horkin stood gripping a yellow-armoured man at the neck, with the snowflies gathered in a strangely sinister halo above the pair.

Before either of the reunited Jedi could say a word to each other, Rosencrantz spoke up, his eyes somewhat glazed, apparently fixated by the snowflies despite Vic's hand on his throat.

"Beautiful," he whispered with what sounded like a mixture of awe and fear. "They gather where the Dark runs deepest..."

[b]Tag: Xan, nemisis[/b]

[hr]

[i]Rue Sant D'Alsa[/i]

As the lasers streamed from the sky in what looked disturbingly like blood red rain, [b]Kimara[/b] managed to deflect a few shots and dived for cover underneath the overhanging roof of an abandoned cantina. The barrage did not seem to be stopping, and the Force told her that several presences were on the nearby roofs, but she could not pinpoint exactly where.

Glancing down the street, she could see the spires of the Temple nearby. It would probably take about fifteen seconds for the two Jedi to sprint to them, but that could easily be enough time for them to be picked off...

[b]Tag: Despised, Trimaj[/b]
    [/blockquote]

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Snowfly Forest

As Kara drew closer, she began to sense an unfamiliar presence alongside the other Jedi. She had thus expected to find said Jedi accompanied by another being of some description - she had not expected to walk in on Vic holding the yellow-armoured man from her vision by the neck, snowflies gathered in an glowing halo over their heads.

Before she could say a word, the armoured man spoke. "Beautiful," he whispered, staring up at the snowflies with what sounded like a mixture of awe and fear. "They gather where the Dark runs deepest..."

Kara felt a chill run through her. The snowflies had dogged her steps ever since she set foot in the forest ... "Vic?" she asked. "What are you doing?"

TAG: Winged, Nemmykins

18. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    ~Snowfly Forest~

Vic shook with anger, and felt a bit of disbelief through the Force. After a few moments, he realized that the disbelief did not come from someone else but from his own self. He could not believe what he was doing, strangling the man that had helped him so much through his journey. He knew that Jan had just wanted to get a rise out of him, but Vic had let himself get angry anyway.

Disbelief was not the only feeling he felt through the Force. Fear was among them and so was death. That looming feeling as if someone had just died. He searched deeper into the feeling and suspected that they had been killed out of cold blood. He tried to look towards the source of the death, but was distracted by a light that had appeared over his head. Still gripping the bounty hunter, Vic peered upwards, wondering exactly what was causing the lights. They appeared to be winged insects, flying around in a large swarm. It was a soothing contrast to the darkness that this forest presented. Vic found himself incapable of looking away.

"Beautiful," Rosencrantz managed to say through the choking he was receiving. "They gather where the Dark runs deepest..." Vic now brought his head downwards, his stare turning to the Bounty Hunter. Where the darkest runs deepest? They were directly above his head. It was at that moment that the Jedi realized he had done what he had pledged never to do, what he had trained for the past 29 years not to do, something he even managed to fight off when his beloved wife passed on...he gave in to the Dark Side and let it control his feelings.

"Vic?" The voice broke through the silence that followed like a lightsaber through plastic. "What are you doing?" Vic let go immediately recognizing the voice instantly. He dropped Jan quickly and turned to see the Zeltron Jedi he had become so familiar with. Kara stood there - from the direction of the death he felt earlier - staring at Vic. He could feel the chills that ran through her body.

"It's nothing," he replied. "I uh...I am glad to see you're okay." He hoped this would move the topic off of him and the situation Kara had just walked upon. However, he knew it would not, and expected to be questioned by his fellow Jedi.

TAG: Winged_Jedi, Xanykins

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

Snowfly Forest

Kara arched an eyebrow, stepping further into the clearing. Nothing, in that particular tone, meant something - and beyond that, it was a bit hard to believe that Vic would be strangling someone for the hell of it. Or that he should have done so at all. In fact, he was finding it hard to believe himself: Kara could sense his anger and disbelief through the Force, as well as a certain resigned expectation of having to answer for his actions.

Well. Kara was more interested in who this man was and what he was doing here, not what he might have done to provoke an attempted strangulation. And besides, Kara had done much worse herself ... not that Vic knew it, of course. And not that she cared to explain her actions. She drew the Force tightly around herself, taking care not to project anything.

Instead, Kara nodded coolly towards the other man. "Who's your friend?"

TAG: Nem, Winged

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: I'm back! I'll let Nemisis respond before I post for that scene. ;)

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Kimara Odon: Rue Sant D'Alsa

Taking note that the Temple was not far off, Kimara went over the options available to her. She could make a run for it, but it seemed unlikely that she would survive such an attempt. She could enter the building and try reaching the roof in order to put a permanent stop to her attackers, but she had no desire to shed more blood at this point.

The only option which seemed likely to bring her to the Temple unharmed and without more killing, was to try and cut her way through the building walls and slowly make her way through the city.

She didn't like the idea at all, it seemed destined to fail. Though she had a bad feeling about it, she looked for an easy access point to the building she was taking cover near. If she found none, she would create her own.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Trimaj

22. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    ~Snowfly Forest~

Vic took a bit of time to recompose himself after he let go of the Bounty hunter. Kara arched an eyebrow, wary of the fact that Vic had lied about what was going on. She seemed to probe his feelings, but did not ask any further questions about what he had been doing.

"Who's your friend?" she asked instead, coming as a bit of a relief to Vic. He let out a barely audible chuckle.

"My friend is the bounty hunter, Jan Rosencrantz," Vic said. "He helped lead me here." As he thought about it, he was not sure if help was the correct term to use. The more he thought of his current situation and the convenience of meeting up with Kara in the darkness infested forest made Vic wonder if this had all been a plan from the beginning. "He knows Sydney quite well. Apparently, he co-founded the Cult."

TAG: DarthXan318, Winged_Jedi

23. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Somewhere in the Snowfly Forest

"Who's your friend?" asked Kara.

"My friend is the bounty hunter, Jan Rosencrantz," replied Vic. "He helped lead me here. He knows Sydney quite well. Apparently, he co-founded the Cult."

This was quite a bombshell for the Zeltron to absorb, but before she could reply, the bounty hunter was speaking.

"A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure," said Rosencrantz, finally looking away from the snowflies to cast his eye over the new arrival. He glanced back at Vic. "Perhaps now you can explain to your friend- and to me- why you had your hand on my throat."

As the bounty hunter waited for his answer, the two Jedi could smell something new in the air, a smoky, familiar scent. Something was burning.

The snowflies swarmed away.

Tag: Xan, nemisis

[i]Rue Sant D'Alsa[/i]

[b]Kimara[/b] saw that to stay outside and exposed to the sniper fire was suicide. She formed a clever plan- the only way for her and [b]Anengy[/b] to reach the Temple unharmed and without more killing, was to try and cut their way through the building walls and slowly make their way through the city.

She looked for an easy access point to the building she was taking cover near, and found none. As she began cutting through the walls, she found that they gave way easily, often being made of flimsy plasteel or even wood in some cases. Swathing through the long-abandoned houses was not too difficult- the real challenge lay in avoiding the debris from the collapsing ceilings.

As Kimara continued to cut slowly but purposefully through, two cultists crashed down through the ceiling, just a few feet in front of her. Clearly they had been snipers, and her path of destruction had forced them down to floor level. It took them only a moment to regain their bearings, and they began firing at the Jedi with their blasters.

[b]Tag: Despised, Trimaj[/b]
    [/blockquote]

24. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    So uh, I just realized where the names Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are from. And to think my college put on the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead! play a couple years back. :oops:

Snowfly Forest

Kara did a double-take at Vic's words. Jan Rosencrantz, the bounty hunter - and a friend of Sydney, co-founder of the Mullenkamp cult, and presumably a Force adept as well. And - the memory of her earlier vision flashed behind Kara's eyes: a man in yellow armour, laughing and laughing as a black halo formed around his head. Just who and what was this man?

Before she could even think to form a reply, Rosencrantz spoke. "A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure." He cast his gaze over to Kara, then glanced back at Vic. "Perhaps now you can explain to your friend- and to me- why you had your hand on my throat."

"Yes," Kara said, finding her voice at last, "I'm sure it's an interesting story, just like what you're doing here in the first place, and why." She directed the last at Rosencrantz, though her gaze flickered over to Vic as well. Last she'd seen her fellow Jedi, they had just taken down Hardin's pet - had that really been just hours ago? It felt like a lifetime. Now here he was, working together with the bounty hunter.

Then again, she'd just killed two Imperial Knights for Sydney, so she hardly had the moral high ground here.

The Zeltron moved forward, circling the pair until Rosencrantz was between the two Jedi. Her mind was buzzing with possibilities: if he was, or had been, a Sith cultist, then ... then he ought to know that they'd turned the Grand Cathedral in the city centre into a stronghold. Why venture into the Snowfly Forest?

But just as she thought the question, she had the answer. Of course: Hardin would not have come here either unless the Sith had a base of sorts here too. Which Rosencrantz undoubtedly knew about.

That still didn't explain the why.

"If you co-founded the Mullenkamp..." Kara said, watching Rosencrantz intently. There was smoke in the air - something, somewhere, was burning. If it was the forest, unlikely though that was, they might have to hurry. But here was someone who apparently knew Sydney well, and Kara was sick of unanswered questions. "What are you doing as a bounty hunter? And why are you helping Vic - us?"

TAG: Wing, Nem

25. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Snowfly Forest

"A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure," said Rosencrantz. He cast his gaze over to Kara, then glanced back at Vic. "Perhaps now you can explain to your friend- and to me- why you had your hand on my throat."

"Yes," said Kara before Vic could respond, finding her voice at last, "I'm sure it's an interesting story, just like what you're doing here in the first place, and why." She directed the last at Rosencrantz, though her gaze flickered over to Vic as well.

"If you co-founded Mullenkamp..." continued the Zeltron. "What are you doing as a bounty hunter? And why are you helping Vic - us?"

"My business is my own," replied Rosencrantz. "I can say only that Sydney asked me to assist you. As I'm sure you realise, the kidnapping of his younger brother was a ploy. Joshua is in no danger. Your mission is a sham."

The bounty hunter took a moment, clearly still somewhat out of breath after Vic's attack. He sniffed the air- he too had noticed the smell of burning.

"But there is a great deal at stake here," he said. "Sydney has been very naive. Despite what he may say, this is no game, and if it is, he is no longer in control. In any case, there are more pressing concerns right now. There is a Mullenkamp storehouse deep within the forest that I had intended to raid, but we are not going to reach it."

He pointed through the forest, to distant trees which seemed to be glowing white. It took a moment for the Jedi to realise that the branches were aflame.

"This is no ordinary fire," said Rosencrantz. "It will spread quickly. We had better leave."

Tag: nemisis, Xan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.