SWRPF Archive Leá Monde

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Winged_Jedi, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Kara Dysar

Snowfly Forest

The bounty hunter seemed to take Kara's interrogation in stride - well, he at least gave straight answers, unlike Sydney. It occurred to Kara that Vic had probably fired off the same questions upon meeting him in the first place. Inexplicably, that made her feel better.

Rosencrantz seemed to take for granted that Kara knew that Joshua and Sydney were brothers, and from Vic's lack of reaction, he had already known as well. Interesting assumption to make, though. "There is a Mullenkamp storehouse deep within the forest that I had intended to raid," Rosencrantz continued, confirming Kara's unvoiced suspicions, "but we are not going to reach it."

He pointed through the forest, to distant trees which seemed to be glowing white. It took Kara a moment to realize that the branches were aflame - although how in space that had been managed, she couldn't begin to guess. For one thing, there was still snow on the ground; for another, wood did not usually burn white.

"This is no ordinary fire," said Rosencrantz, again echoing Kara's thoughts. "It will spread quickly. We had better leave."

She regarded the fire for a moment before turning back to him and Vic. There were too many questions to ask here: what Vic knew; why they had separated from Kimara and Anengy, or indeed, where they were; even - another memory rose, Grissom's last words ... We will take the Rood from you by force. What was the Rood? The way he had said it attributed some special significance to the term ... Rosencrantz might know. But it appeared they were running out of time.

The Zeltron sighed. Grimaced. Rosencrantz was right, they couldn't stay - but she did not trust the bounty hunter any more than she cared to play Sydney's games. Especially since Sydney had asked Rosencrantz to help them. Yet she did not have a choice: Sydney had a lot to answer for, and this was the only chance she had to get her hands on him.

"You're right," Kara said, albeit a touch reluctantly. She relaxed - she had unconsciously adopted a fighting stance, although her hand had not so much as twitched towards her lightsaber. "We can't stay here - where to, then?"

TAG: Winged, Nem
  2. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Just noticed your comment there Xan. Oh yes, we can do Shakespeare here in the RPF! :cool:

Though I can't actually take any credit for the names, they all come from Vagrant Story. Though our story has had to be altered quite significantly from the story of the game. Still, the final twists are the same, so don't go wikipeding it and spoil it for yourselves! :p

Snowfly Forest

"You're right," Kara said, albeit a touch reluctantly. She relaxed - she had unconsciously adopted a fighting stance- and her shift in posture seemed to cause Rosencrantz to relax in turn. Clearly her previously aggressive body language had put the man on his guard- the man didn't want to be attacked by two Jedi Knights in the space of a few minutes. "We can't stay here - where to, then?"

"There's only one place to head," said Rosencrantz, keeping an eye on the flames, which were spreading worryingly rapidly in the distance. "The Great Cathedral. Sydney's stronghold. We won't be stocked with weaponry, but perhaps that won't be necessary. If we get there after the Imperial Knights, they should do most of the work for us."

Tag: nemisis, Xan

3. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    OOC: Please accept my apologies for not posting earlier. Finally found the time to actually sit and write up a good post.

IC: Vic Horkin
    ~Snowfly Forest

"A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure," Rosencrantz said, speaking to Kara. He looked towards Vic. "Perhaps now you can explain to your friend- and to me- why you had your hand on my throat." Kara agreed, wanting to hear the story as well. The male Jedi opened his mouth to speak but was distracted by an intense smell that was unmistakeably the smell of something burning. He looked towards what he thought was the source, but could see nothing. He shrugged it off for now.

Vic nearly began to explain once again, but was interrupted by Kara. She asked a question that Vic had been wondering since Jan had revealed he was the co-founder of the cult: "What are you doing as a bounty hunter? And why are you helping Vic - us?" The Jedi turned towards the bounty hunter, wanting an explanation. He hoped these questions would stray away from the original interrogation Vic had received upon choking Jan.

Although, the question would not be answered. The Bounty Hunter avoided the question, stating it was not the business of the Jedi, but his own. "I can say only that Sydney asked me to assist you. As I'm sure you realize, the kidnapping of his younger brother was a ploy. Joshua is in no danger. Your mission is a sham." This confirmed Vic's suspicions he had been having earlier on. Jan most certainly had been trying to get a rise out of Vic, and he fell right into the trap. Rosencrantz went on to explain how Sydney was "naive", and that this was no game, at least not a game that Sydney was in control of.

The scent of something burning grew stronger and stronger every second. "There is a Mullenkamp storehouse deep within the forest that I had intended to raid, but we are not going to reach it." Vic turned towards the direction Jan was pointing. His stomach dropped as the realization came that the fire was within the very forest they were in. Why had the Force not warned him, or the others, about the danger that they were in? "This is no ordinary fire," Rosencrantz said, stating the obvious - Vic could feel through the Force that something was behind this. "It will spread quickly. We had better leave."

Vic nodded as Kara asked where their next destination was. "There's only one place to head. The Great Cathedral. Sydney's stronghold. We won't be stocked with weaponry, but perhaps that won't be necessary. If we get there after the Imperial Knights, they should do most of the work for us." Convenient. They were now forced to head into a place that was most likely more dangerous than anything they had encountered so far. Even if the Imperial Knights had gone first, there would surely be work cut out for them.

The fire worried Vic too much, making him wonder if the Sith Leader had caused this fire in order to force the Bounty Hunter and the Jedi to the cathedral. "Are you sure Sydney is no longer in control?"

TAG: Winged_Jedi, DarthXan318
  4. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4

Snowfly Forest

"Are you sure Sydney is no longer in control?" asked Vic.

"I am sure," replied Rosencrantz. "He has underestimated his foes- and placed too much faith in his pawns. If the Cathedral falls to the Imperials, all will be for naught."

He turned back towards the forest entrance, gesturing for the Jedi to follow him.

"All will be revealed soon," he told them. "But there is no time now- we must hurry!"

5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Snowfly Forest

"I am sure," said Rosencrantz in answer to Vic's question. "He has underestimated his foes- and placed too much faith in his pawns. If the Cathedral falls to the Imperials, all will be for naught."

He turned away, gesturing for the Jedi to follow him - and in doing so, missed the half-smile that involuntarily crossed Kara's face. Three Imperial Knights were already dead; they'd have a job taking the Cathedral. At least one good thing would come out of that, then.

"All will be revealed soon," he told them. "But there is no time now- we must hurry!"

Kara nodded and fell in step behind him. The direction he picked seemed no different from any other - but he seemed confident, and if he was familiar with the forest he probably knew how to navigate it. "Where are Kimara and Anengy?" Kara asked Vic as they walked.

TAG: Nem, Winged
  6. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    ~Snowfly Forest

It did not take long before Rosencrantz had a reply for the human Jedi. "I am sure. He has underestimated his foes- and placed too much faith in his pawns. If the Cathedral falls to the Imperials, all will be for naught." Vic was not convinced fully yet. It seemed, to him at least, that things were falling into place for Sydney rather than against him. Perhaps it was a misconception on Vics part due to his clouded perception on the Force.

"All will be revealed soon," the Bounty Hunter said as he turned around, facing the way that they had entered the forest. "But there is no time now- we must hurry!" He was right; the fire was closing in and fast. All three of them made their way towards the entrance of the forest, hoping that they would be able to escape the wildfire that was engulfing the forest. Vic had noticed that those strange creatures that had been hovering above him earlier were no longer around. They definitely felt the danger that their forest was in as well.

"Where are Kimara and Anengy?" asked Kara. Vic nodded, knowing the question would come sooner or later.

"We split from them before we left the mineshaft," Vic replied. Then, the fact that he had not even given a thought about his two Jedi since he last seen them hit him and he could not stop the guilt from flowing. What if they had died? There was no way he could know, not with how dark this city was, clouding his perception on the Force. Though, he hoped his companions could not feel his guilt. "I am sure they are fine..."

7. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Snowfly Forest

"Where are Kimara and Anengy?" asked Kara.

"We split from them before we left the mineshaft," Vic replied. His guilt was not that obvious in the Force- not with all the darkness currently clouding it- but Rosencrantz seemed to throw him a meaningful glance. "I am sure they are fine..."

"We're almost there," interjected the bounty hunter, pointing to what appeared to be a clearing but could well be the forest entrance. "I know my way around," he explained. "Sydney and I founded the cult inside this City."

8. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Snowfly Forest

Kara nodded slowly. Vic seemed rather unhappy about the split, even - guilty? It was hard to tell; an unusual state of being for a Zeltron, but Kara was keeping a tight rein on her empathic ability. She didn't, however, miss the quick glance Rosencrantz threw him: so there was more to the tale. Interesting. But irrelevant, ultimately, to their mission here.

"We're almost there," interjected the bounty hunter, pointing to a clearing ahead. "I know my way around," he explained. "Sydney and I founded the cult inside this City."

Kara eyed the clearing dubiously. As she hadn't exactly walked into the forest, she had no idea what its entrance would look like, but this looked like an ordinary clearing to her. "I'll take your word for it," Kara said. It was his neck as well, after all. "Lead on."

It could simply be that the way out of the forest was hidden behind trees ... or this could be one of those things where you had to know what to look for to see it. She had only heard of such things in tales; crèche tales to scare children, at that. But at this point, she wouldn't put it past Leá Monde.

9. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4

Snowfly Forest

"I'll take your word for it," said Kara. "Lead on."

Though the bounty hunter had seemed to only have been leading them towards a clearing, the trees themselves now seemed to shift and distort, much like the walls had in the mineshaft outside the Arena. It was as if nature itself had come alive in the darkness, contorting so that the trio could leave the burning forest. Whatever Sith magic was at work, the bounty hunter seemed comfortable with it. Clearly he had known this City for quite some time.

They stepped out into the cool air and onto the ancient steps that led back up into the City proper. As they looked back at the forest, they noticed that the fire that now consumed much of it was not actually burning the trees away- it simply kept them alight like colossal torches beneath the night sky.

"We head to the Cathedral," said Rosencrantz. "Prepare yourselves."

10. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Snowfly Forest

As they approached the clearing, the trees warped, revealing the way out of the burning forest. Kara hesitated, wary, but Rosencrantz seemed completely comfortable with walking through it. Don't be silly, Kara scolded herself. This was just another illusion, like the ones Sydney liked to employ ... and they had already decided to trust the bounty hunter. Crèche tales, indeed.

Kara followed him out onto the ancient steps that led back up into the City proper. The cool air was a welcome surprise; Kara had not realized how much the cloying, oppressive darkness in the forest had weighed upon her. She took a deep breath and looked back the way they came, faintly surprised that the path hadn't disappeared entirely, and saw that the fire was nearly at the border. Rather than consume the trees, though, it seemed to only keep them alight as if draped in fire.

Odd. But of course, this was no ordinary fire.

"We head to the Cathedral," said Rosencrantz. "Prepare yourselves."

Kara glanced contemplatively at him and Vic. They wouldn't know, of course, that Kara had been around the Cathedral before, had followed Hardin there ... and that Hardin had taken Joshua out and presumably into the Snowfly Forest. Should she tell them?

Probably... she could always gloss over the duel with Tieger.

"Do you have a plan for getting in?" Kara asked. "I followed Hardin there earlier - not inside, though, I couldn't get in - and it's crawling with cultists."

11. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Snowfly Forest

"The cultists will have problems of their own," replied Rosencrantz. "The Imperial Knights, for one. They are wounded, and so they are more dangerous than before. Vic and I battled three of them beside the Tircolas Flow, and while we were there we noticed that one of their comrades had already fallen- his corpse lay beside the stream. Guildenstern will want to complete his mission before he loses any more men."

"But there are other forces that come into play now," continued the bounty hunter, gesturing up towards the blackened sky. "It is night, and in Leá Monde, nightfall means nightmares. The dead are awake."

12. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Lea Monde

Kara managed to keep a straight face when Rosencrantz mentioned Tieger. So they knew - but they only knew that he was dead, not how he died. Vic and Rosencrantz must have arrived not long after Kara had escaped down the river for them to all still be there; Guildenstern had said something about investigating the Temple to the south. Perhaps, though, he had decided against it once Tieger fell.

All in all, she was fortunate they had not arrived earlier - Kara frowned at that thought. Was she really? If Vic had chanced upon her as she slew Tieger, what would have happened? There was still Neesa ... they would likely have taken down Neesa as well, and then ... she might not have gone down the river, not seen Hardin leave with Joshua, not followed Hardin into the forest.

She might not have killed Grissom and Duane.

It was unsettling. Kara was suddenly aware, very aware, that killing two Imperial Knights - especially how she'd killed them - had crossed a line, no matter how justified it had been ... and had not been very justifiable in the first place. She simply had not cared; in truth, she still did not care. What does that make me? Her right hand, the hand that she had used to throw lightning, clenched involuntarily - no. Kara forced it open, forced her mind back to Rosencrantz. She was not going to go there now; there was no time.

"But there are other forces that come into play now," the bounty hunter was saying, gesturing up towards the blackened sky. "It is night, and in Leá Monde, nightfall means nightmares. The dead are awake."

So it was; Kara hadn't even noticed. "Their bodies rot and crumble into decay, but their souls wander the city eternally," she remarked absently, staring up at the dark sky. Who had said that? Someone - not Sydney, she'dve remembered - one of the Imperial Knights? No matter. "We dealt with the undead before in the mines," Kara remarked, her gaze still skyward. After what Sydney pulled, she felt compelled to ask: "Decapitation felled those - will the ones we encounter be the same? Or does nightfall produce a different sort of creature again?"

13. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Snowfly Forest

"Their bodies rot and crumble into decay, but their souls wander the city eternally," remarked Kara absently, staring up at the dark sky. Of all the Jedi, she already had the most experience of the horror- and the power- of the City.

"We dealt with the undead before in the mines," she continued, her gaze still skyward. "Decapitation felled those - will the ones we encounter be the same? Or does nightfall produce a different sort of creature again?"

"How fortunate that you have already discovered the key to defeating these creatures," replied Rosencrantz. "Indeed decapitation is a sure way to fell the undead that this City produces."

He began walking up the steps towards the City proper, resting the end of his light repeating rifle upon his shoulder in preparation for battle.

He stopped, suddenly, and glanced back at the two Jedi with a wry smile on his sallow face.

"The powers of the darkside are the only other way to truly vanquish the City's monsters. But you are both upstanding Jedi Knights," he said, throwing a pointed glance at Vic, no doubt thinking of how just minutes earlier, the man had held him angrily by the throat, "and you must think yourself above such methods. Nevertheless, if you cannot get to their heads...you may be pressed to consider alternatives. That is all."

He reached the top of the steps, and led his two companions into the streets of the City.

14. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC:

A Big CONGRATULATIONS to nemisis and Xan! It's an honour to have the two winners of Best RPer here starring in the same game. Good work, guys!
  15. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    OOC: First I would like to say sorry for the lateness of my reply.

Also, thanks, Winged_Jedi! It is definitely an honor to be named best Rper again. And Xan is definitely deserving of a big congrats, as she has been deserving of the award for years! So, congrats! And also congratulations to you, W_J, as you received a star award. Good job!

~Leá Monde~

"We're almost there," Jan said, pointing towards what looked like light appearing from beyond the trees indicating that it was the entrance to the forest. "I know my way around," he continued, explaining that he and Sydney found the Sith cult within this city. That would be good reason enough to know this city quite well, but Vic could not help himself from not trusting this man. The bounty hunter was proving to be more and more trustworthy, yet how could the Jedi trust him when he had admitted that he was the co-founder of this horrible cult? How could they trust him when he seemed to be playing a little game with the Jedi? It did not make any sense, and the answers would most likely not present themselves for a little while.

Suddenly, the trees began to move, shifting in their spots revealing the city beyond. Vic would have been extremely freaked out, though he had seen many strange things within the city, and expected it to be some type of illusion from the Sith. The leader, Sydney, seemed to like to play these sort of games. However, they were clear from the burning forest - which, oddly enough, appeared to only light the forest rather than burn it - making Vic breath a quick sigh of relief as the sight of the steps came into view.

"Do you have a plan for getting in?" Kara asked, referring to the Cathedral which Rosencrantz said was their next destination. "I followed Hardin there earlier - not inside, though, I couldn't get in - and it's crawling with cultists." Vic looked at the Zeltron, wondering exactly what had happened after she jumped through that portal. Apparently she had been at the Cathedral afterward, yet somehow she had managed to make it into the forest. It all seemed a little bit strange.

"The cultists will have problems of their own," Rosencratnz said, referring to the Imperial Knights and recalling the battle Vic and the Bounty Hunter had with them. Kara gave a frown moments after Jan mentioned the dead Knight, and then she began to look very unsettled. Vic ignored the emotions for now and continued to move on.

"But there are other forces that come into play now," continued the bounty hunter, gesturing up towards the blackened sky. "It is night, and in Leá Monde, nightfall means nightmares. The dead are awake."

"Great," Vic said to himself. The Jedi had encountered undead within the mineshaft and they were very, very disturbing. Though, apparently, the "key" to putting these horrible beings down for good was decapitation.

"The powers of the darkside are the only other way to truly vanquish the City's monsters. But you are both upstanding Jedi Knights." He threw a glance at Vic, thinking, without a doubt, of the incident mere moments ago where Vic had choked the Bounty hunter out of anger. Vic simply ignored it and continued to move forward. "And you must think yourself above such methods. Nevertheless, if you cannot get to their heads...you may be pressed to consider alternatives. That is all."

Vic considered for a moment, but realized that the fact that they could only be destroyed by darkness seemed too suspicious. It was like, they were created by the darkness, so they could only die by the darkness. Could Vic perform some of the darkest of maneuvers yet remain fully seeded in the Jedi way? Upon thinking on it, Vic made his decision. "I will stick with decapitation."

16. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks, Winged! This is one of the best and most fun games I've ever played in, so it's an honour to be here too. :D

Leá Monde

So: decapitation worked on all those save the ones Sydney called himself. Kara filed that fact away for future reference as she followed Rosencrantz up the stairs, unclipping her lightsaber from her belt as she did so. If the dead were rising, she didn't want to be caught without a weapon.

He paused a few steps up and glanced back at the pair of Jedi, a wry smile on his face. "The powers of the darkside are the only other way to truly vanquish the City's monsters. But you are both upstanding Jedi Knights," he said, throwing a pointed glance at Vic, "and you must think yourself above such methods. Nevertheless, if you cannot get to their heads...you may be pressed to consider alternatives. That is all."

"I will stick with decapitation," Vic declared resolutely after a moment's contemplation.

Kara only shrugged and kept walking.

17. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Thanks guys. So we're now heading towards the end of the game. Buckle up and prepare yourselves, cos it's one big fight from here to the finale, with some big twists along the way!

City Streets- Path to the Cathedral

The three companions entered the City once again, while the forest blazed behind them. They had discussed the methods of dispatching their foes, they had taken their weapons in hand, and they were ready. The towering spires of the Great Cathedral loomed large in the distance.

At first the path appeared quiet, and they had walked for almost ten minutes towards the centre without being disturbed. It was then, suddenly and without warning, the doors of the huts around them splintered open, and out burst the undead, foul and decayed. All of the creatures appeared to have once been human- though some of them seemed only as small as children.

"Keep tight!" cried Rosencrantz, immediately blasting the head off his nearest foe. The trio were surrounded on all sides in the narrow street, and battling their way through was going to be very bloody indeed.

18. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

City Streets- Path to the Cathedral

The streets were quiet. Too quiet.

The three of them had been walking for about ten minutes without encountering anyone - or anything. Kara was outwardly calm, though she kept a wary eye out; the only thing that betrayed her tension was how she kept rolling her lightsaber hilt in her hand. Come out, come out, wherever you are -

Even then, the attack came as a surprise. All of a sudden undead burst out of the huts around them, so foul and decayed they were barely recognisable as human. "Keep tight!" cried Rosencrantz, immediately blasting the head off his nearest foe.

"Kriff!" Kara swore, igniting her lightsaber just in time to take the head off a thin, shambling corpse that launched itself at her neck. Something slammed into her leg, tearing through her robes - Kara stabbed down automatically, the green sabre-light illuminating a small face briefly before the tip of her blade went through its neck - children, there were children among the dead -

Grimly, Kara kicked the small corpse off and continued fighting. The children were long dead; she would be doing them a favour by destroying this mockery of their life. She did her best to stay near the bounty hunter; if she and Vic could keep the undead off him, he would be better able to use that rifle of his.

19. Mikaboshi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kimara Odon: Rue Sant D'Alsa

To her relief and surprise, the plan seemed to be working. She had up to now been able to move unhindered through the buildings by cutting her way through the primitive buildings. Not the quickest path to her destination, but clearly the safest one available.

Just as Kimara thought she was safe, the ceiling before her came crashing down sending debris and dust everywhere. It took her a moment to clear her mind again, and as soon as she did it became clear to her that she was no longer alone.

Before her stood two snipers. By their look of surprise it appeared that they were as shocked by their sudden appearance as Kimara was, but the Jedi knew they wouldn't stay that way. Soon enough they would be raining blaster fire down upon her.

As if on cue they opened fire. Kimara reacted by instinct alone, her lightsaber swung back and forth searching for bolts to deflect back to their origin. If she was lucky she would take out one, if not both of them by sheer luck.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Trimaj
  20. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    ~Leá Monde~

Vic was surprised that they had been able to walk a long way without running into any troubles. Nearly ten minutes had passed after they entered the city, and Vic was getting wary. Then, as if summoned by his doubts, the undead appeared through doorways of splintered huts. Vic cursed and ignited his two blades, the dark blue and violet blades casting eery lights on the already spooky creatures.

The Jedi immediately attacked - more like defended - as the creatures lunged at him. Most of them, the ones he was able to glance at, appeared to have been human at one time. But, Vic could not think about their previous lives, of what they had been before they died. They are no longer living, they are simply concoctions of the Dark Side, sent to halt the progress of the Jedi. As he sliced the head off of one of them, he felt no remorse.

Vic swung his blades about, as precise as a sniper would shoot his rifle. But, as small undead body lunged at him, he could not help but hesitate. There were children among the undead. After only a moment of hesitation - which could have cost him his life - he sliced through the head of the child. He could not feel remorse to what he did, it was the (dead) body of a child, but had been controlled by the dark side; he could not feel bad for his actions.

21. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    City Streets- Path to the Great Cathedral

The trio battled their way through the undead, the two Jedi covering Rosencrantz so that he had space to train his blaster rifle upon the hordes. The tactic was working, with the Jedi relentlessly slicing through their opponents on all sides, while Rosencrantz would clear space ahead with a volley of blasterfire.

Both Vic and Kara had noticed the reanimated children that stood against them, and grimly decapitated them just as they would any other foe. They both realised that they could not hesitate, nor allow themselves to feel any guilt- these 'children' were no more human than the dragon that Sydney had summoned in the mines.

Soon enough, though, a new threat was to preoccupy them.

They had been making slow but certainly steady progress thus far- and now, with the Cathedral only a couple of hundred feet away, the ground began to shake. At first it seemed like another one of the City's infamous earthquakes...but then the source of the tremor became clear.

A huge being, apparently made of stone, was stomping around up ahead, battering through the undead in its path. It was the size of at least four men, with fists that could squash skulls like blatberries.

And it was headed straight for the two Jedi and their bounty hunter companion.

City Streets- Path to the Temple of Kiltia

Kimara reacted by instinct alone, her lightsaber swinging back and forth in a wide arc that deflected the blaster bolts directly back at their source. One of the bolts struck an enemy directly in the head, killing him instantly. The other man was more fortunate. The blaster bolt flew back into his thigh, dropping him to the ground.

Anengy arrived close behind. The two Jedi figured that they only needed to cut through a few more huts to clear a path to the Temple. Sniper fire was still screaming around them.

The wounded cultist at their feet glanced up, his eyes seeming to plead that he be left alive. There was no time for hesitation, no matter whether the Jedi decided to be merciful or not.

Tag: Despised, Trimaj/>
    />
  22. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Kara's blade was a blur of green light as she whirled and slashed, slaughtering the undead as they charged mindlessly at trio. By unspoken agreement, Kara and Vic covered Rosencrantz as he cleared the path ahead with blaster fire, allowing them to advance slowly to the cathedral. She did her best to stick close by them; although she fought best when she had room to move, this was no time for that.

They were less than a hundred metres from the Cathedral when the ground began to shake. Kara ignored it at first, dismissing it as another one of the City's quirks ... but it turned out to be something else entirely. Something far worse. Something huge: a huge being that looked like it had been carved out of stone, the size of at least four men, with fists large enough to flatten skulls with a single blow, as it demonstrated on the hapless undead in its path.

And it was coming straight for them.

"Shoot it!" Kara shouted at Rosencrantz, ducking and decapitating yet another undead. Yet even as the words left her mouth, Kara wondered why she had bothered ... she suspected it wouldn't do any good. That thing was no ordinary corpse: even if Rosencrantz managed to shoot its head off before it reached them, it would probably keep coming.

Her fingers tingled with the memory of electricity.

23. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4

"Shoot it!" Kara shouted to Rosencrantz as the titan bounded towards them, the ground vibrating with every enormous step.

"I'll certainly try," muttered the bounty hunter, firing off a shot straight at the thing's head. The blast hit its target squarely, but seemed to do nothing except leave a light burn upon the stone face.

The undead were being tossed around by the monster, and began pushing back down the streets to get out of its way. Suddenly it was beginning to get very crowded...

"I need more space!" cried Rosencrantz, struggling to lift his rifle up as undead began grabbing at his torso.

24. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    ~Leá Monde~

Vic was glad to see that they were not having many problems with the undead. Of course, it was a bit unsettling to partake in the decapitation of so many beings, even if they were already dead. But, they were doing what had to be done to complete this assignment. He hoped that the task would not require any more harder work than this, but that was most definitely not going to be a reality. This city had proven itself many times over to be the most mysterious, challenging and frightful place Vic had ever visited, and he was sure it was not going to disappoint.

Suddenly, the ground began to move. He was startled at first, but shrugged the vibrations off, as did Kara who continued to move. It was apparent they both initially thought that it was yet another earthquake, like the one that ruined the city in the first place. However, as Vic looked forward, he realized the source of the quakes was a more immediate threat than any earthquake. Heading straight towards the two Jedi and the bounty hunter was an enormous stone-like structure was moving towards them! The large thing, which appeared to be the size of three or four humans together, did not stop for anything, crushing the undead and smashing them aside.

"Shoot it!" Kara yelled. Rosencrantz did so after making an inaudible remark. Vic kicked an undead to the ground, sliced the things head clean off and, at the same time, managed to catch a glimpse of what happened to the stone creature. The blaster bolt did absolutely nothing except leave a scorch mark. This was definitely not good.

"I need more space!" Jan yelled out. Both the Jedi and the bounty hunter had taken most of their concentration off of the undead, leaving them to gain ground on them. The undead managed to claw and grab at the bounty hunter.

Vic immediately lunged at Rosencrantz, using the Force to guide his leap. Upon landing, he slashed at the undead that would probably bury the man in a view moments. He kicked, sliced and did whatever else he could to help the man out. He had not realized that he left Kara alone to face the large stone creature that was advancing on them with every second. Hopefully she had a few tricks up her sleeve that would put the beastly thing down.

OOC: Your character was definitely wanting to use that Force Lightning. :p
  25. Winged_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Note that for the next ten days I may not be able to get internet access. I should be able to, but I'm just warning you guys in case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.