main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Lead female in Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by cerealbox, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I suspect that was exactly what I already said :p

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Oh, sorry! Scratch that then. :)

My comment only applies to Luke02

3. Enkei

Enkei Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2003
    Well they would have to point out their sexuality... unlike their race.. which would be obvious. That's where I think it would seem forced. Han didn't have to say, "Lando's not a system.. he's a man... a black man."

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And this argument never comes up whenever we have a straight couple. We didn't NEED for Han and Leia to be confirmed straight, or for their romance to be a big part of the OT. But it happened and it worked. The same could easily be true of an LGBT one. Or heck even the implication that Luke was attracted to Leia in ANH, more subtle but still there nonetheless.

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

It wouldn't have to be "pointed out" if it was simply a natural part of the narrative tension. You know, showing them flirt or kiss, as did Han and Leia in the OT. That would make it pretty obvious, and would not be "forced." Unless you think Han and Leia's relationship was "forced."

6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Bumping my own thread, only to ask if anyone has heard anything more about this?

I expected to hear something by now or at least that they've narrowed the choices down even more.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    MOD EDIT: Removed - inappropriate language

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The title of that video had a disallowed word in it. Please be more careful.

9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ah. Sorry about that.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't mind seeing a young Lando and a young Han fighting over some girl, in some sort of scoundrel's love triangle. That could be fun...

cerealbox likes this.
  11. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't know how I feel about this spin off idea. I think re-casting iconic characters is always iffy territory. I know they have no choice if they wish to make this movie, but I just don't feel like the audience will buy it with another actor. Why not do something else? Vader, Fett, The Emperor, Young Obi Wan, pre- Ep II Obi and Ani, Yoda, all of these could be done without re-casting. I understand why they want to use Han as he is a compelling lead for a non-force oriented Star Wars story, but I struggle to imagine how audiences will accept this new portrayal as the same character Harrison Ford played.

I think they should keep these spin off films away from OT era characters anyway. My concern is that too much of the narrative becomes convoluted, or the impact of achievements and actions of characters in the main films are watered down by seing them behave in similar or contradictory ways in the spin off films.

I am very wary of these character focussed spin-off films.

12. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Many said the same thing about Obi Wan when the The Phantom Menace was about to be made.

Im not sure about most of you but I watched the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles in the 90s, so I'm used to others playing a younger version of an iconic Harrison Ford character. Also a young Han Solo movie was George Lucas's idea anyway when he sold the company. So even the characters creator wanted it to happen.

But this thread is about the female lead, who will be a new character anyway.

13. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    What
    What about kissing your sister?

cerealbox likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    What are the odds that the female lead is captured or killed? Hopefully they won't go there. Now that I think about it I could see Han being captured by the bad guys and then rescued by the female lead.

15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Wouldn't that be too close to RotJ?

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah it might be but I could almost see them doing that specifically because it's reminiscent of the OT films. The powers that be seem to have a hard time resisting making callbacks to the other films. Remember Obi-Wan telling Anakin "why do I feel like you're going to be the death of me" in the prequels? I could see the Han Solo movie making a very overt, almost fourth wall breaking joke about Han being captured.

Han get's captured, the female lead who thinks Han is a pain in the neck but needs him for some mission, somewhat reluctantly breaks Han out of his holding cell. When she shows up at Han's cell Han makes some joke about how he knew she'd come back for him. This annoys the female lead and she tells Han, "I hate you" and Han responds by saying, "I know".

17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I wonder, to create tension, could the female lead be an authority figure unlike Han and Lando?

Or will she be a scoundrel/smuggler/ con-woman herself?

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Hmm, good question. Either way I could imagine her being a little more skillful and cleaver than Han. Also it would be kind of a cliche but when we first meet her she might be wearing a mask. Han will assume this masked figure that's just bested him is a dude and then she takes her helmet off and oh snap...she's a lady! Han's thrown off by this a bit.

19. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    A female lead is a potential good idea, but I'm afraid it will turn into a Peter Venkman-like scenario. I don't want Han to end up with a love interest in the end, because it would make him less if his character in ANH and require a sequel to explain how he lost her.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Good question. I would like her to be an authority figure. Heck she could even be an Imp chasing them. After all one of the leads does not have to be on the same side of the heroes. Or maybe they will accidentally mess with both the Imps and Rebels so the female lead is an officer of one of those groups who is hunting them.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    That's why they need to make her very independent. So you won't get the sense that we need a story explaining why they aren't together.

For all we know though, she could only flirt with Lando. MOD EDIT: Removed completely unnecessary comment.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Hey man I'd like to think you didn't mean anything by it but how about we don't suggest that women that have multiple partners are sluts? They're no different than men that have multiple partners, a.k.a. a lady's man.

23. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    All I'm saying is that I don't want Star Wars to portray Han as a sexist pig and a hero at the same time.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Let's not even go there.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  25. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Sorry. I wasn't saying she'd be a "censored word"

I was trying to say what's the proper word for a lady that's smooth with the fellas, without labeling her a derogatory term like "censored word."

I guess "flirty" will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.