main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Lead female in Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by cerealbox, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You know, Tessa Thompson would be my first choice regardless (and I have a gut feeling she's who they're going to go with), but now I really want her to be cast so someone can inevitably do that and rake in the YouTube views.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  2. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Tessa probably has this in the bag. Seeing as she is already pretty close to Disney being a major character in Thor Ragnarok.

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Hopefully Tessa has time to leave Australia for filming Thor to continue auditioning

4. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Eh they are both in the Disney Family. Disney will make it work.

5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Any more rumors about this?
    With filming starting in January, I'd figure we'd hear something by now.

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    No news, but I also don't know if we would have heard something by now. I think we're probably done with official casting news on it until it gets underway. They announced Han, they announced Lando, the rest are going to just get grouped into the announcement when they actually start production.

cerealbox likes this.
  7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Welp I was wrong :p

8. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I wanted Sana :(

cerealbox likes this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    hmmm, Sana could still appear they did say this from the official site
    "Clarke’s role will round out a dynamic cast of characters that Han and Chewie will encounter on their adventures."

but it seems like Variety and other trades have Emilia as the female lead although nothing says there can only be 1 female from the main cast.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    True, but if the variety article is correct, and the is no reason to expect it isn't, it was the ethnicity of the other girls we knew were in the running that had people speculating that it would be Sana.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    for someone who follows the movie industry outside of SW, those casting "rumors" aren't always accurate. Ton of times they list actors and the winner was someone never listed. Speculation based on nothing but unofficial casting auditions is at one's own peril. If the studio doesn't list any characters for the roles being auditioned it could be anything, the casting was always open casting too. This isn't the first time I've seen trades giving a list of actors based on ethnicity (non white) or saying the studio is looking for POC and the end result ends up being white. Also Emilia Clarke wasn't on anyone's radar and another actor that wasn't on anyone's radar but that was mentioned today in Variety is Jessica Henwick who was one of the finalist. Neither of those 2 fit Sana.

12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Han Solo will soon be smirking “Your worshipfulness” to The Mother of Dragons.
    Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke is joining the Star Wars universe in an unspecified role in 2018’s young Han Solo movie.

The actress, best known as Daenerys Targaryen on the HBO series, will costar alongside Alden Ehrenreich as the twenty-something smuggler and Donald Glover as his gambling frenemy Lando Calrissian. Also in the cast, Chewbacca, whose early history with Solo will be explored in this story.

The still untitled film, directed by The LEGO Movie’s Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, will be the next stand-alone for Lucasfilm, following next month’s Rogue One. It’ll debut in the year between 2017’s Episode VIII and 2019’s Episode IX.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/1...e?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

13. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Looks like my orginal post was totally wrong. Just flush everything I said down the toilet.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well since this seems to be a done deal... Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.