main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leader of the Band (otherwise known as Music and the Force).

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi-too, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-too

Obi-too Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2000
    My friend asked me to post this for her, so here it is! Enjoy!

-----

Tears streamed down Janala's face as she moved the book she had been trying to move for the last hour far past the place where it had been designated to go. The whole class watched as she kept it hanging in the air for almost five minutes, and then set it gently on the book shelf. That had been the first time in her life that she had ever been able to touch the force like that, in public.

Turning around, she beamed at the training master.

"I did it." she said softly, tears still streaming down her face.

"Yes," Master Arkila said in a soft, suprised voice. "You did. And you did far better than was expected of you."

"It was the music, wasn't it?" she asked, her voice still soft.

"Yes, I believe it was."

For as long as she could remember, Janala loved music. She loved every kind of music she heard, even the soft music they were allowed to play at the Jedi temple. She loved to hear it, she loved to play it, she loved to have anything to do with it, but she was training to be a Jedi.

She had been tested just after her first birthday by jedi, who had discovered an extremely high medichlorian rate, and she could use the force, sometimes, but not at will. For some reason, she couldn't ever reach out to the force, and let it flow through her easily, and she hated it. Being behind in all her classes didn't help much either. All her friends were at least two levels above her, and some were approaching the time they could become a padawan, and here she was, still on the extremely simple levels with children almost five years younger than her.

The council hadn't known what to do about it, and they had tried almost everything from individual training, to threats of being kicked out of the temple. As a matter of fact, they had kicked her out once, to show that they would, but when they brought her back, she had been no better off.

Then everything had changed, that day, when they had put the class exercizes to soft music. She could touch the Force easily, and could use it for sensing, telekenetics, and probably even saber fighting.

"What do I do now?" she asked.

"You may be excused," the trainer said, and I will speak to the council.

As Janala left the room, she could bearly contain her joy and excitement. She had been right in her hypothasis. It had been the music that had helped her touch the force the few times she could remember.

When she got to her room, she turned on the music, and totaly rearranged the few things decorating the room, and then lay on her bed, just crying for joy. Now she could move up! Now she had a chance of becoming a jedi! A Musical Jedi.

2. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Hey, I think the story's good!

-----

It was later that day that she heard the knock on her door. Still in the slight exileration of the events that had taken place earlier that day, she ran to the door and opened it.

"Why, M-Master Yoda," she stammered. "How pleasent to see you. Won't you come in?"

"Come in, I will not," he said firmly, but gently, "Come out, you should."

"Oh, yes," she said and hurriedly stepped out, "Of course."

"Heard of your success, I have." he said, "But pleased, I am not." She looked at him for a moment in confusion. Why wouldn't he be pleased that she had achieved her life-long goal of being able to touch the force at will.

"Why are you not pleased, Master Yoda?" she asked. The old jedi sighed.

"Be able to feel the force running through them at all times, a Jedi should. Seen or heard of a case like this, I have not. Want you to go on like you have, the council does." Janala felt like she had just had a 1000 ton weight dropped on her. How could she go back to the class, knowing that she could do what she was there to learn, but not being able to do it. She hung her head, all hopes of the future seemed to lay shattered around her.

"Yes, master. I will." she said, trying in vain to keep the disaapointment out of her voice.

"Hopeless, you should not be." He said in a softer tone. "Help you, I will." He smiled. "Use the force, you will." She looked up at his now smiling eyes. He handed her a note. "From the council, this is." He smiled at her once more, and walked away. She picked up the note and read it.

Janala Hopwol,
    Your private training will be held tomorrow at 500 hours in the meditation room. Your instructer will be Master Yoda.
    Sincerely,
    Jedi council

She stared at the note in stunned scilence. She had been allowed to train one on one with a master, but never a council member. For a moment her hopes rose, and then fell again. If they were going this far, they didn't have much faith that she would be able to do this on her own at all in the near future. It was a last straw, and then she would probably be kicked out.

She just sat there by the wall for a long time, feeling numb but keeping herself firmly in check. Jedi don't show emotions, she told herslef, wondering why she didn't belive it. She remembered her tears earlier tht day, and wished she hadn't.

Finally she went into her room and layed on the bed. As she lay there, a determined feeling came over her. She had trained her whole life for this, and she wasn't about to quit now. She was going to show them how deticated she was. She would show them that she was doing her best. She would.

Turning, she set her alarm for 3:30, and then went to get something to eat. When she came back, she sat on her bed and meditated for a 1/2 an hour. Then she turned on the alarm, and went to sleep. She was going to do this. She was...

------------------
    Smile, thought your heart is aching,
    Smile, even though it's breaking.
    Although a tear,
    May be ever so near,
    That's the time you must keep on trying,
    Smile, what's the use of crying.
    You'll find that life is still worth while,
    If you just smile. :)

3. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    This is rather pointless, if no one wants to read this, but you have to get into it. I promise you'll like it! Please?

-----

Jalana came back from her training emotionaly and physicaly drained. Almost falling on her face, she kept going down the hall. Had it been three years since she found out about her ability with the music, she wondered as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

She had almost gotten to her room when she saw the tall, boyish figure of Qui-gon Jinn come down the hall, his face plastered with a smile.

"Qui-gon." She smiled, "How long have you been back?" He had been a trusting, kind friend since she could remember, and he had always been there for her. She remembered the day he had been apprenticed. The amazement on his face showing when he found out that he had been chosen by the Jedi Knight.

"I just bearly got back. I was going to see how Tahl was doing, and decided to stop by here, but you look dead!" His features had long since twisted into a look of concern for his friend.

"I feel dead," she said as he reached to help support her. She accepted gratefully.

"How has the training been going?" He asked.

"I still can't call the force at will," she said, blinking back the tears comming to her eyes.

"I really am sorry," he said quietly.

"I know." She looked up at him.

"How has Master Yoda been training you?"

"We go through gruling practices every day, and at sparring, he still whips me!" She said, letting her head drop lower than it already was.

"When's your birthday?" He asked.

"Three weeks." She looked up at him. "I'm not going to make it am I."

"Of course you are," He said happily, but he didn't look so sure. "Just keep at it, and you'll impress the next knight that comes this way."

"The next one's comming tomorrow, and then another in about two weeks." They had come to her room, and Qui-gon opened the door.

"You have a good chance then!" He said, smiling. "Come on, I'll help you later tonight."

"I really appreciate the offer," She let him help her to the bed. "But if Master Yoda can't help me..."

"There have been a few secrets that I haven't really let anyone in on. I bet if I tell them to you, you'll be fine."

"Maybe I--"but she fell asleep before she could finish the sentance. Qui-gon looked at her and shook his head. She needed all the help she could get, and he couldn't just let them kick her out. Quietly he slipped out of the room, and started walking towards Tahl's. He had to help her. He had to...

4. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    *sigh* Oh well. I tried.

---

Janala woke to the sound of knocking on her door. As she got up, she glansed at the clock. What in the heck is someone doing at this time of night? Looking down, she realized that she still had on her clothes from earlier that day, and her stomach rumbled.

She got to the door and opened it to see Qui-gon standing there with a tray of food.

"Qui-gon? What are you doing here at this hour?" She asked, opening the door all the way to allow him to enter.

"I told you. I'm here to help you. Besides, you weren't at dinner, and as I hear from everyone else, you weren't at breakfast or lunch either." He eyed her in a disaproving way. "You know, you have to eat to live."

"I know," she laughed, "but lately, Master Yoda has worked me harder than ever. It seems that all I do is train and sleep, and I haven't been making much progress."

"I know. I heard."

"You heard?" She asked, suprised as he set the food on her bed. "How?"

"It's everywhere. There's hardly anyone who isn't worried about you. Even Kinara hopes you'll have at least some progress soon." Janala picked up some food and ate it hungrily.

"Kinara?" she asked unbelievingly, through a mouthfull of food. "But she always hated the attention I got. I mean, she would have traded places with me any day."

"Not now, she doesn't. She just bearly turned twelve, and you have three weeks. Also no offense, but she has a much better chance under the circumstances." Janal sighed as she finished off the food. Qui-gon looked in suprise at the tray. "That was fast."

"I know. I was really hungry. You're a life-saver Qui. Thanks."

"Okey, lets get on with the excercizes." They both sat cross-legged on the bed and started to meditate. After a few minutes of that, Qui-gon started to talk to her.

"Okey now, Feel the force flow through you. You command it, but it controls you're actions. You are one with it."

"Qui," Janala's skeptical voice broke through his, "Master Yoda has tried this wtih me several times."

"I know, now hold my hand. I'm going to guide you." Janala opened her eyes.

"What?"

"Before I became a padawan, my master had a case that was a lot like you. He had an easier time than you have, and the circumstances were slightly different, but he couldn't seem to progress beond a certain point. Now, what I'm about to do is illegal." Janala pulled her hand back from his.

"Wait a minute. I'm not going to go breaking the rules here." Qui-gon sighed at her remark.

"When the temple used this exercize last, to many people got dependant apon it, and they built a barrier between them and the force that could only be broken with the help of another. But when that other person left, the barrier went up again. It caused a lot of problems, but if it is used for emergancy's only, and for small periods of time, than there's no reason that it shouldn't work."

"A barrier, you say," she looked at a picture on her desk. Her real family had sent it, hoping that everything was going well. Her mother was a universal musician, and her father was a universal conductor. All of her brothers and sisters were going to be experts at some type of musical related occupation. Maybe it was in her blood. She had never thought of that. Maybe because of her natural talents, she had accidently built a barrier. The thing was, she wasn't sure she wanted the barrier broken perminantly. Suddenly, it all snapped into place.

"I've got it, Qui!" She smiled. "The reason I can't call the force with out music is because I don't really want to!" His nutral expression changed into a look of concern.

"Are you feeling okey?" he asked, looking at her like she belonged in a nut-house.

"Of course. I love music too much, and it runs in my blood. If I got rid of music, it would be like getting rid of part of my soul. The only way I could keep my music and the force was to make the force accessable only through the music. Qui-gon Jinn, you //are// a life-saver." she hugged him.

"Sure," she could tell by the look in his eyes that he still thou

5. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    *sigh* up!

6. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey, just because people don't post, doesn't mean people don't read!

I like the idea... someone who can't use the Force unless music is playing... I know another thread that could use that character! ;)

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Don't get discourged. Keep posting! Remember there are lurkers out there.

This is really good! Keep it up!

8. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Thanks you guys. I know my friend will really appreciate that. Here's more!

-----

The next morning, Jalana went to the training with Master Yoda as normal, except this time she went with a suprise.

"Early, you are," Yoda's supprised voice came towards her, yet he showed no emotion on his face.

"Yes, Master. I believe I will make good progress today." He eyed her suspiciously, but then shrugged.

"The warm-ups, you should start." He ordered as he went back and started Meditating again. Jalana did the same. They stayed that way for over an hour, almost two, and then went into normal exercizes. Absently, Jalana started humbing to herself, under her breath so Yoda wouldn't hear. She did it absent mindedly, but the Jedi Master wasn't fooled. "Hum your music you should not." Yoda said sternly. She turned and faced the smaller being.

"Master, I came to a realization last night." She took a breath, "I don't want to use the force if I have to give up my music." The jedi master's face could have been sculpted from stone, but Jalana could definately feel the uneazyness in him.

"Good, this is not." He said and turned away.

"Why isn't it good, master?" She asked keeping her exasperation firmly in check.

"Know who you are, your opponent will. Know your next move, your opponent will. Good," he sighed and shook his head, "this is not."

"But Master Yoda, Music is in my blood as much as the force ever will be. I love music, and I can't stop loving music anymore than you can stop feeling the force." For a long time scilence reigned in the room.

"See your point, I do." His voice came quietly across the few feet between them. "Still, a good thing, this is not." He said.

"I'm sorry you don't think this is good, but I ask of you to let me do things my way today. I don't draw from anger or the dark side, so it shouldn't hurt me like that. Please, master yoda." she bearly kept her voice from whining.

"Clouded, your training was. Clear it is, if I let you do this, and yet, Clear it is if I do not." He turned away. "Yet, either way, for sure, your future is clouded."

"Master Yoda, I will do what you ask me to do." Janala said quietly, and sat down to meditate while awating his answer.

------------------
    Smile, thought your heart is aching,
    Smile, even though it's breaking.
    Although a tear,
    May be ever so near,
    That's the time you must keep on trying,
    Smile, what's the use of crying.
    You'll find that life is still worth while,
    If you just smile. :)

9. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    *Two weeks later*

Jalana hummed under her breath, and held up her white light-saber. Her opponent swung his saber at her feet, and she jumped bringing hers down on an angle towards his sholder while still in the air. He rolled aside, and again struck at her legs. She jumped back, and blocked it, than filpped over him, and landed, bringing her saber to meet his.

She knew she couldn't stay there long because he easily out did her in stregnth. She ducked and rolled to the side, swinging for his waste, and he brought his green saber to block her move easily. They fought over the uneven ground of the saber training room, each trying to gain an advantage.

Then he struck in a downwords motion at her neck. This caught her off guard, but she rolled to the side, and rammed her saber into his side. He smiled at her for a minute, and then Tahl came running up.

"You've really made incredible progress!" She said enthusiasticly as she helped Jalana up, and patted Qui-gon on the back.

"Better luck next time, Qui," Tahl smiled at him.

"That was wat it all was," he sulked, "luck," Qui-gon shot back in the same tone. The two girls shook their heads.

"So," Jalana said to the other two as they walked out of the room, "Do you think the knight will be impressed tomorrow?"

"I think you'll do fine," Qui-gon smiled at her, "Me, on the other hand, well, when my master finds out that I got beat by a student that used to be so far behind everyone that she had almost no hope for a future in the force, well..." he faded off and looked at the other two, "let's just put it this way. If you two find me wonedring down the hall the way I found Jalana the day I got back, you'll know why." He grinned at them. Tahl laughed at his remark.

"I'll remember that, Qui," She smiled. Then she turned to Jalana, "Why don't you rest, and we'll bring your food to your room later tonight. You'll need all the sleep you can get for tomorrow."

"Yeah," Qui-gon said and smiled down at Jalana, "It won't be any trouble."

"I don't know," Jalana said skepticly, "What if you guys get caught?"

"Don't worry about it," Tahl waved her hand.

"Okey, guys. Thanks." She said and ran off to her room.

When she got there, she sat on the bed and meditated. Then she decided she was too excited to take a nap at the moment, but she needed to relax. Checking her watch, she saw that she had plenty of time before her friends would come, and decided to go to the lake.

Slipping on some clothes she could get wet, she grabbed her robe, and walked to the room.

-----

Putting her robe next to the edge of the placid, cool lake, she dived beneth the cool, blue, glass-like surface.

When she resurfaced, she floated on her back and thought to the day the council had reluctantly told her that they would allow her to train as she wished. It had been one of the best days of her life.

While she drifted on the water, she started humming to herself, and reached to the force. She stayed that way for a while, just relaxing. Then she looked at the watch, and tried to sit up, immediately sinking beneth the water.

Qui-gon and Tahl would be in her room by now, and wondering where she was. Quickly swimming to the edge of the water, she pulled herself out, grabbed her robe, and followed the path to the door.

As she ran down the hall, she scolded herself for not keeping track of time, and being responsable. She was lost in her own thoughts, when a figure walked in front of her. She had enough time to wince before they collided, and both got knocked off her feet.

The other person was on her feet first, and jalana looked up to see a hand, which connected to a face, and she winced again. This was Master Dolia, the one who was supposed to choose a padawan the next day.

"I'm so sorry," she said as she reached for the hand, and got pulled to her feet.

"It seems that you were the one who got hurt," The jedi master smiled, "Still, I think you should watch where you are going."

"Yes, ma'am. I will," Jalana hung her head half from shame, half from resp

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Looks like a good omen to me!

More please!

11. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    That is very good Obi-too!!!. . . I just found this. . .

12. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    This is a really good idea, and it's brought to life well. Cheers to you and your friend!
    I'll definitely keep reading.

13. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Thanks, My friend (I'll call her MJ for now, and no, that doesn't stand for Mara Jade) will be verry happy. Here's more!

-----

"Where were you?!" Tahl said as she walked in the door.

"Well, you guys said to relax, but I couldn't sleep, so-"

"You went to the lake." Qui-gon finished her sentance with a small smile on his face as he looked at her wet clothes.

"Yes." Jalana smiled back.

"Well, here's your dinner," Tahl said, giving her a plate filled with food.

"I couldn't eat all this if I wanted to." Jalana said, staring at the plate.

"We just wanted to make sure you did fall asleep tonight." Qui-gon's smile deepened.

"Thanks, you guys." Jalana said, sitting down to eat. "I really appreciate it." They ate for a while, talking about miscalanious things.

"So, when is your 12th birthday?" Jalana asked Tahl.

"About two months ago." Tahl smiled. "I hope I'm able to impress a knight, or a master. To tell you the truth, I'm getting worried, and I have 11 months before I have to leave." She smiled.

"Don't worry about it," Qui said to her. Then he glansed at the clock. "You know, Tahl, we'd better leave our aquatic friend to get some sleep." He grinned at Jalana, who's clothes were still slightly damp.

"Yes, lets." Talh said, standing up, and walking over to the door. "I know that all the master's say there's no such thing as luck, but I'm going to wish you luck anyway." She smiled and walked out of the room.

"I know you'll do fine tomorrow," Qui-gon said to her as he left, "And I'll see you after the compatition tomorrow." Jalana smiled. His master would probably hang him up by his heals from the celing if he had heard hem call the testing a compataion.

Slipping on some dry pajamas, she layed down in bed, and fell asleep almost immediately.

--------Signature----------

Treason, aye?
    Treason is a charge, invented by the winners as an excuse to hang the loosers.

14. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    The only sound that could be heard in the room above the clashing of the lightsabers, and the heavy, but controlled breathing, was the sound of a light-hearted, soprano tune lofting through the air. Yet, Jalana bearly noticed her singing.
    Using the force while singing had become a second nature to her, so she stood, concentrating on her opponent. Both were masked, but she knew he knew who she was. When she had figured this out, she remembered Master Yoda's words, and quickly dismissed the thought. It was one of the side affects of her way, and if she regreted it, she may loose the power to even touch the force, again--even with music.

Her opponent thrust at her legs, with his lightsaber, and she quickly rolled aside, and stood up. He turned quickly, and thrust at her again. She did a back-flip over the uneven ground, and took up a stance. For some reason, her opponent was suprised, and she smiled.

Not taking the offensive, she waited for him to come at her. He would, she knew, and if she could do it right, the match would end in her favor, in only a few minutes.

He jumped up after her, and their sabers clashed. She struck towards his legs, and he quickly blocked, so she used the rest of the enrgy to get his sholder. While she did this, he went for her middle, and she bearly rolled aside, only singing the cloth on his sleeve.

Getting up from the roll, she went into a crouching position, and went for his legs again. He jumped, and came at her with amazing force, which she bearly met, as a fake. Just as their sabers touched, she roled under it, and he tumbled over her.

Recovering quickly, he used the momentem to tip himself in a summersault, and came up to meet her, too late. She had her saber at his throat.

Cheers broke out throughout the room, and Jalana smiled, and helped her opponent up. They bowed to each other, and then, as was customary, she unmasked first. The volume of the cheers rose.

She looked at those who she had already battled against and won, and started in suprise. Everyone who had been testing stood before her.

She had needed someone to battle in the masked test with her, but she had assumed that they would just choose someone she had already battled.

Turning, she faced her opponent, who was just taking off his mask. The room settled into scilence as she saw who she had beat.

Qui-gon Jinn stood there, beaming at her.

"I told you you would do well," he smiled.

Dolia watched the girl's face light up in suprise as her opponent unmasked himself. She chuckled, and covered her mouth with her hand. Then she looked back at the smile that had appeared on the girl's face.

This girl was special. Dolia didn't know why she knew, or how she knew, but she did know.

Shaking her head, she got up and went over to Master Yoda. He looked at her and smiled.

"Made your decision, you have." he said.

"Yes," She said, looking at the girl.

15. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
  16. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    I've just caught up on this story Obi-too and am enjoying it a lot. That was a good fight scene, with a nice surprise at the end (Jalana must be quite a swordswoman to have beaten Qui!) Her need for music, with its possibly negative repercussions, was well described (I'm thinking that she may learn to hear music inside her head, so she doesn't have to hum). Being a music lover and musician myself, I love this idea, and agree with Dolia that Jalana is something special.
    Please keep writing!

17. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Thanks! I'll tell my friend that. Here's more. enjoy and reply!

---

Jalana paced nerveously in her room while she waited for the results of the match. Would she be chosen?

"Why don't you sit down?" Qui-gon said, guesturing to the bed beside him.

"I can't," Jalana said in a shaky voice. "I'm too nervous." She gulped.

"It's not going to help you to be nervous," he smiled at her, "Besides, you did great. I'm sure you'll be chosen."

Just then they heard a soft nock on the door.

"That's going to be Tahl." It was a strain to keep herself from running to the door, but calmly she walked over and opened it.

"Calm you look," she heard the familiar voice tell her, "but, anxious you are." she looked down at Yoda who stood infront of Tahl.

"Come in," she guestured politely into her room.

"Stay, I cannot." The jedi master said, "Come to tell you the restults of the test, I have." Suddenly Jalana sensed something was wrong. She looked up at Tahl, who looked away. Jalana could see tear streaks on her unusualy red face.

"Is something wrong?" She tried in vain to keep the worry out of her voice. She felt Qui come and stand in back of her.

"Come to bid you farewell, I have." Yoda said, "pack your things, you must. Sending you home we are. At launch site 6 tomorrow, you must be." The little green troll looked down at his stick. "Chosen you have not been." Yoda turned and walked down the hall. "Sorry I am." he said just before he turned a corner into another hall. Jalana watched him the whole way. Then she felt Qui pull her back, and Tahl stepped in the room. Jalana sat down on the bed, numb.

"Chosen, you have not been." she repeted the words with mixed feelings. "Chosen I have not been."

18. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    Very good. I may not reply all the time, but I am following this story. It strikes a particular chord in me. Now I need to know why Jalana was refused, and how things will right themselves. Will Dolia stand for all this? More please.

19. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    No she must be chosen. . . NO NO. . it's all a bad dream!!! it's got to be. . .

::peeks out from under her arm :: please????

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    What! She's going home?! It's not supposed to be this way! Why! *sobs hysterically* It's so sad!

Good story though :eek:)

21. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    This story is basically in three parts. you can consider the first part pretty much her young life, and then we'll move on from there. My friend says that this ends up between episode 1 and episode 2, but she hasn't gotten that far yet because she doesn't know what's going to happen. I like what she's written though. anyways, here's more!

---

Jalana woke up to stare at the room that she had made to be like her old one at the temple. That was so long ago, though. She stared up at the celing and thought of changing it. Having things the same like that had shot negative feelings through her each time she had woken up for the past several years.

Still, she had had this arguement with herself many times before, and as before, she quickly pushed aside the thought and got up.

She still carried on the fasion of a Jedi, mediating early in the morning, and before sleep, and when she was feeling down, and she also practiced and repracticed moves with her saber before she changed out of her pajamas.

She remembered the day she had come home from the temple like it was yesterday. She had met her family in real life for the first time, and had gone on to be a famous singer. Now, in her later years, she taught music at a local school, and she used to have a family.

She couldn't say that she had regretted ever leaving the temple, and now, she had had a prosperous life. It hadn't been until she had recieved news of Qui-gon's death only a few months ago that she had started to feel homesick for the temple.

She looked around the room again, and again felt a pang of negative feelings. Then she shook her head. Things would be better soon, she hoped. She didn't know why, but lately she had been feeling pangs in the force and had been having dreams... but she pushed the thought quickly from her mind. She didn't want to think about that.

Sighing, she walked out of her room and into the kitchen for some breakfast. Now she wondered why she hadn't ever gotten married. She had wanted to, but when she had returned, no one decent had wanted to date a former Jedi, and so she had never even been proposed to. Still, since her family had died in the wreck, so many years ago, she had felt lonely, as she did now.

"Life must go on," she told herself, as she got something to eat. She kept muttering it for the rest of the day, if only to give herself some hope. She didn't want to go home to that empty house, but she had no where else to go, so she did.

When she walked in, she layed her stuff by the side of the couch and collapsed. After a while, she became aware of the beeping. Groaning, she got up and went to the holographic message machine and opened the mail. There was a top priority at the begining, which she opened first.

As she read and reread the title, she wondered if she were in a dream.

"From Mase Windu, Head of the Jedi Council"

Could it be true? She wondered. and quickly opened the message

22. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    ::Come back Jalana . . We miss you and we need your help. . ::

It says that I bet it does. . . ::grumbles hopefully:: it better. . . ::puppy dog eyes:: Pwease?

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Mace better have her come back or else he's going to have to deal with me!

24. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    No violence please! Here's more, enjoy and reply. Thanks for the comments. My friend and I really appreciate them. Here's more, enjoy!

---------------------

Janala stepped off of the ship and onto the dock of the Jedi Temple. She sighed as her days of training came rushing back to her. She had realized a long time ago that she'd missed the temple, but she hadn't realized how much she'd actually missed it until she stepped onto the familiar alloy of her true home. All she wanted to do was go to her old room, and stay there for a long time.

Out of habit, she hummed to herself and reached for the force. Immediately it came to her. Now she could tell that Mace Windu and Yoda were nearing one of the doors, and she regained her composure. As they walked out of the door, she stopped humming. Instantly, she was a normal person--unfeeling towards the force and unable for others to feel her force presence. She could see Mace Windu's face remain like stone, but his eyes betrayed the surprise for a split second before he returned to stone. No change came over Yoda.

The two figures walked towards her, and smiled simultaneously. This surprised Janala because as far as she could recall, Yoda didn't smile much. She had to do a double take to reassure herself that she was just dreaming all of this, but her feelings had told her that this was all true.

"Welcome back, Jalana." the Jedi master bobbed his head in a slight bow, as did Yoda.

"Thank you, er..." She paused, unsure of what she should call him.

"Master Windu will do well." He said through a face that had turned back into stone.

"Glad you came, we are." Yoda said, "Important mission for you, we have."

"Yes, Master Yoda," Janala said with another bob of her head.

"You will be shown to your room, and then to the council room to be briefed. Then you can decide on weather to take the mission or not."

"Thank you," She half-bowed as the two Jedi walked away, leaving a young boy, of about 10 years with a padawan-style hair cut.

"If you will follow me, ma'am." The boy said, with a bow.

---------------------

"I cannot see weather she will take the mission or not," Mace said to Yoda as they hurried back to the council room.

"Nor can I," Yoda said quietly. "Persuade her, we must."

"The job is too perfect, though." Mace said thoughtfully, "It's as if the two were made for each other."

"Be careful of those, we must." Yoda said quietly. "Warn her, we must. Disastrous, perfect missions can be."

"Yes." Mace said as they walked in the room. Just after they were seated, the door opened, and Obi-wan walked in the door.

"I am sorry," He said and went into a bow, "but I have just received information of great importance."

"Just left us, you did. Quickly back you are. Why?"

"This information is about another planet, and the information reached me just after I left the room before."

"What is it?" Mace's question seemed more like a statement.

"It's another system sending for Jedi. This one will not tell us why."

"Why come to us did you?" Yoda asked.

"It is a Hutt system," Obi-wan said quietly. Silence stayed in the room. "You asked me to go to any system that complained about these "Imperialists", as we call them, to analyze the situation. I do not want to take Anakin there." Another long pause followed.

"Seen this, we have." Yoda said quietly, "Take Anakin, you must. Be wary, you must. Get involved, you must not."

"Yes, Master Yoda."

"Leave tomorrow, you must."

Obi-wan nodded in the affirmative, and then he bowed and turned to leave.

"Also," Mace called after him, "There will be a woman named Janala Alintson will go with you. She will have her own mission, but until your paths separate, we would like for you, Anakin and Miss Alintson to go with you."

"Yes, Master Windu." Obi-wan said, bobbed his head, and walked out of the room.

---

Long one :D

25. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    may be long but we like them that way. . .

Hmmmmmm a hutt system that Obi doesnot want to take anakin to. . . . Hmmmm I wonder which Hutt controled planet that is. . . /cough/tattoine/chough//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.