main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leader of the Band (otherwise known as Music and the Force).

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi-too, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    Great stuff, and I like the 3-part thing, interesting. I wonder what Jalana's mission will be, it must be an important one. Looking forward to more!

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Give us more Obi-too!

Sorry, my lurker habits have been acting up lately! I'll post more if you post more!

3. Obi-too

Obi-too Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2000
    Thanks for the comments! Here's more!

---

Jalana walked into the waiting room for the council, and for the first time, she felt a change. It looked the same as she remembered it (if anything, it looked better) and the way the schedules were run had seemed the same, but something seemed different, cold, and unwelcoming. It had nothing to do with the force. It actually seemed stronger here than almost anywhere else in the building, maybe even on the planet, but a tired-feeling seemed to weigh down on her here.

Instinctively, she walked over to one of the chairs, and sat down. The boy followed her example and sat in the chair next to her. He sat up, like any jedi should, with his shoulders back, and his hands folded nervously into his lap. He didn't seem to like taking orders, but he didn't seem unruly. Maybe it had to do with something in his past, or something he had seen in the future that made him so nervous when he accompanied anyone.

After about five minutes, she started to hum. Instantaneously, she could feel the force, and through it, she felt the boy give a slight jump, although he did not look at her, and hid any feelings well.

"So," Jalana turned to the boy. His gray eyes moved to look at her, "What's your name?" He hesitated for a minute before opening his mouth to speak. Just at that moment, the door to the council room opened, and a young man, who couldn't be older than twenty, walked out calmly. The boy stood up next to her, and the man strode over to him.

"I am glad to see that you did your task so quickly, Anakin," the young man said. He turned and started to walk away, pausing for only a moment to gesture to the door, indicating that he wanted the boy to follow him.

Jalana was about to say something, when the clerk stood up.

"Jalana," He paused and said her name again, followed by her last name. She stood up. "You may go in now."

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Awwww, she met Anakin!!! how sweet. . . and yes there is somehting in his past that prevents him from liking to take orders. . . He was a slave! . . . Poor boy . . .

Keep it up!!!

5. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    More replies, more posts!

Here you go, and thanks!

---

Jalana walked into the middle of the circle of Jedi masters, taking some deep breaths to calm her nervousness.

"Welcome, Jalana." Master Windu said. "As you well know, we have a mission that you could only serve well." Jalana nodded. "We have heard that you have stayed in touch with the force," Again she nodded, "I'm sure you are wondering why we asked you."

"Yes," She said calmly.

"Unfortunately, we cannot tell you this. We are asking you to go on a mission where you may be captured and tortured for information, so we can give you only what is necessary." Jalana took another deep breath.

"We have gotten some information about some new laws that have been passed in the Senate. We are afraid that they may lead to some unpleasant endings for some worlds we have been helping. If passed, they will restrict Jedi conduct in the galaxy. We are sure we could get by, but if these laws are passed, there may be more, and we need to find out about them." Mace paused for a second.

"Master, Windu," Janala said, "What exactly are you asking me to do."

"Just what we asked you before," he rolled his eyes, "Just find out as much as you can, and get it back to us. You may find it harder than you think." He said, catching the look in her eyes. Janala nodded. "Do you accept the mission?"

The eyes of every person in there bore into her. They seemed to be tearing her apart, piece by piece, like they were trying to find out every secret. What made Janala nervous was she felt like they were succeeding.

She swallowed, and thought about it. She didn't really have anything to go home to, and she did feel like this was the right thing. She took another deep breath, and nodded.

"Yes, I accept." The feeling in the room changed from curiosity to anxiety, although none of the Jedi had shown so much as a blink.

"Then be at the docking area at 600 hours tomorrow. Ask for Obi-Wan Kanobi, and go with him. He has already been briefed on his instructions. Please just do what he says. Thank you."

Janala heard the definite sincerity in his voice, as he said the dismissal.

She walked out of the room filled with more questions then she had had when she came in. Her mind whirled so much, that she didn't realize she was hungry. She went to her room to meditate, and sleep. She had a feeling tomorrow was going to be a long day.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm? What is this mysterious mission?

More please!

7. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    I'm wondering why the Council went from curious to anxious when Jalana accepted. Obviously a dangerous mission, but also one of the greatest importance to the future of the Jedi? I think their Jedi prescience may be kicking in and making them all rather uncomfortable. If only they knew how serious the problem really is!
    Good posts, I hope there's more soon.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  9. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    Up again!

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I second that up!

11. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Sorry! I had to worry about my grade before my stories (or posting my friend's), although I regreted it with each moment. Here's more, and thanks for your replys!

---

Jalana walked out onto the doc promptly on time, the next morning, to see the boy who had escourted her before waiting near it.

"Hello," She smiled. The boy bobbed his head, and smiled slightly.

"If you will follow me please, ma'am." He said, and walked over towards one of the few ships that were loading or unloading that day.

As Jalana got closer, she could see the ship wasn't exactly the newest model out there, but it had been well cared-for, and it would provide a cramped, but comfortable ride for the passangers.

As she walked up to the ship, she saw the young man who had been in the council before walk down the loading ramp, with a data pad in his hand. He walked around to some controls and started pushing buttons. As they walked onto the ship, he never turned, but Jalana knew, even with out feeling the force, that he knew they were there.

"I'll be in in a minute," he said, never looking away from the control pad.

//It's sad to think that even the jedi are slakcing on manners//she thought and shook her head, then followed the boy into the ship.

"We will be sitting in the coc-pit for take-off," he said, and without waiting for a reply turned around, walked down the hallway and through a door. Jalana followed without asking questions. When they had walked down another short hallway, they reached the coc-pit, and Jalana sat down in one of the passanger chairs, while the boy went to the co-piolet chair.

Scilence reigned in the room until the man came in. Jalana stood up and bobbed her head in the Jedi manner, as did the young man.

"I'm sorry about the not-so-warm welcome," he said when they had straitened and faced each other. "My name is Obi-wan Kanobi, and this is Anakin Skywalker, my apprentice." He said.

"Thank you." She smiled, "My name is Jalana Alintson. I believe I am on the right ship," She smiled. The man did not return her smile, but nodded.

"If you will please remain seated while I finish checking the ship, and make the proper arrangements, we will leave soon." Jalana kept her face strait at his seeming coldness, and bobbed her head. While he went to the consol and started flipping switches again, she sat down, and strapped herself in.

"Anakin," Obi-wan said as he looked at the boy, "will you please check these," He handed the boy a data pad. The boy took it, and bobbed his head. As he walked out the door, Obi-wan turned around. "Oh, and would you like to piolet out today?" He asked. Anakin turned and knodded, a slight smile showing on his face. Obi-wan smiled, and turned back as the boy dissapeared around the corner.

"Are you sure that's wise," She asked, forcing her face to remain emotionless at the anxiaty she felt. Obi-wan turned to her.

"That boy, is the best piolet this side of Yavvin. The only thing he doesn't have is experience," Obi-wan said as he looked after his padawan.

"Okey," Jalana shrugged it off, and relaxed back in her seat. She studied the jedi as he worked.

//He's hurting,// she realized, //which would explain the weak link between him and his padawan//. Looking back, she could see that the boy had the same problem. //Why would the council let these two be put together?// she asked herself. She studied Obi-wan for a few seconds longer before Anakin came back and handed the pad back to Obi-wan. Obi-wan smiled, took it, and looked it over.

"Well done, Anakin." he said. Then he reached over to flip some more switches, and then sit down in the co-piolet chair.

Excitedly, the boy took his place in the piolet's chair, and started the engine. Jalana took a deep breath. She needed the calming quietness of the force. She closed her eyes and started to hum quietly. She felt Obi-wan's slight jump through the force, and couldn't keep a small smile off of her face.

She knew they were taking off, but she was now able to relax into the medatative state of a jedi. She did

12. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    That was pretty funny, with all the head bobbing and silence and stuff. I do wonder why Obi and Ani have a weak bond, maybe they're just a bit dizzy from the incessant nodding!
    Anyway, good post mate, keep 'em coming

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    They are both suffering from the loss of Qui-gon and are afraid to make any more deep bond for fear they may lose each other!
    That's so sad, but the head bobbing part was good.

14. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    MOre head bobbing to come!

---

Jalana sat, meditating in her quarters. She hummed quietly, and felt for the force. It was there, flowing gently around her, from every living thing. She sighed. She was always able to realy relax when she meditated.

Finally, she got up and looked at her watch. It said 0243 hours. Again she hummed and felt for the two jedi on the ship. Yes they were asleep. If she had been trained as a padawan, maybe she would have known that as soon as they had gone to bed.

"Oh well," she sighed and got ready for bed.
    Just before she pulled down the covers, she reached out again, and felt the other two people. She was suprised to find out that the boy had woken up and was now in the coc-pit. Pulling on her robe, she decided to go and talk to him.

She opened the coc-pit door to see the boy sitting on the edge of the piolets seat just staring out into hyper-space.

"Hi." he said without turning around.

"Hi." she recipricated, and walked in. "Mind if I join you?" she asked. He shook his head. "So," she started, trying to work up a conversation, "Why aren't you in bed?"

"I had a dream, about something," he sighed, "And I just needed to think. I like looking at hyper-space. It's calming, just like meditation." Jalana smiled.

"I'll agree to that." she said. "What did you dream about?" he asked.

"Actually, it's a who." he paused for a second, "well, some whos."

"Which whos were you dreaming about then," she smiled.

"About two people, who have now left my preasence." he said, his mood immediately sombering. "One is, as of right now, far away, and the other is gone forever."

"I know how you feel," Jalana said quietly.

"How could you?" he asked, turning to her with pleading eyes.

"I may look young, but I've already had a two neices, four nephews, and a family, all of which died..." her voice cracked, but she continued on, "In an intersteller accident."

"Oh," Anikin said. "I'm sorry."

"You see," she smiled sadly, "I do know how you feel."

"I miss them so much." the boy said just as sadly, "how did you make it?"

"Through the force," she said. The boy smiled.

"Yes, that does give stregnth, and help. But I just want to be with her, and I would so like to talk to master Qui-Gon again."

"Qui-gon," Jalana's head snapped around to look at the boy, "Qui-gon Jinn?" The boy nodded. "How do you know him?" she asked.

"He's the one who fought for me to become a Jedi. He brought me out of slavery, and took me to where I could be of the most help." he turned questioningly to her, "How do you know him?"

"I trained with him in the temple," she said, It was a small universe after all.

They talked for a good hour about miscelanious things moving from one subject to the next randomly. They didn't talk about Qui-gon again that night, but both left the room a little more healed than they had been before.

---

Okey, my friend doesn't know exactly where to go from here, but she's working on it, so be patient, please, and more soon! (Don't worry, I'll bug her about it)

------------------
    I have come to the conclusion that one, useless man is called a discrace, that two are called a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    up! Upity up up!

16. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Great posts!

I was reading this story back at Jedi.net but for some reason i cannot get there
    anymore. I am glad that it is being posted here at JC.

I am hooked on this story so I am really hoping that there will be more some soon.

17. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    From my friend:

Thank you! You sure make a girl feel at home here, even when she's not registered, and her computer is too slow and old to work.

I think I"m going to put her on the planet, and they have some adventures before I get to my original story line, because I'll have to see episode II first.

Thanks again!

More is comming!

18. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
  19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  20. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    I hope more is coming soon, as I am dying to know what has become of Jalana and her fellow adventurers.
    May the Music be with you, always.
    Peace,
    Jargonn.

21. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Jalana strolled into her room, humming. The bed tipped on it's side opposite from her, and the few tables quickly adorned the room in various places. Smiling, Jalana brought her walking stick out and twirled it a few times. She would practice with her lightsaber if it werent for the small amount of room available on the ship.

She didn't hesitate as she moved from the tuneless notes she normally hummed into a quick, upbeat song she'd heard several times before.

Her hands started to turn the pole-like stick with amazing accuracy. She knew this routine, and it came to her automatically. Of course, she made the flowing moves slightly harder here and there. She flipped onto one of the tables, and quickly off again before she had time to loose balance. Balance had never been her strong point.

Halfway through the routine, she heard the knock on the door.

"Come in." she said, not loosing a moment's momentum. She felt Anakin walk in the room. "Stay to the side." she warned. He did so, waiting patiently for her to stop,

Finally, she slapped her stick on the floor, and the routine had finished.

"I've never seen anyone move so flowingly while fighting." he said thoughtfully.

"When I first became a music teacher, I chose to start a flag twirling course. Of course I taught it for several years before they got someone else to teach it."

"Oh." his simple answer came at her. "I just came to tell you that we should be arriving on the planet in about fifteen minutes."

"I know." Jalana said, slightly peturbed that the two males still didn't realize she could tell things like that. She could still use the force.

"Master Obi-wan would like to talk to you." he said.

"Okey." she turned from the door and moved the bed back into place with the force. Then she followed the boy out of the room, and towards the cramped coc-pit.

22. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    Beware the walking stick! Good scene, it's great to learn more of Jalana. Her twirling skills are impressive, most impressive, and she's such a nice person too. Hopefully it won't take Obi too long to find this out!
    Looking forward to more.
    Have a better one.

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wahoo! A new post, and it was a good one too! Can't wait 'till the next one.

24. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    From my friend:

Thanks guys, here's more!

---

Anakin and Jalana walked into the coc-pit just before Obi-wan pulled them out of hyerspace, and they were approaching the brown/green/blue planet.

"That looks like my home planet." Jalana said quietly.

"It looks nothing like mine." Anakin said.

"really? Where are you from?"

"Tatooine."

"You're kidding." The boy shook his head.

"Should I say I'm sorry you were born there, or I'm glad you left, or both?" Jalana smiled at the boy.

"Both would be appropriate." Anakin smiled.

"Were' comming in." Obi-wan said, and steered towards the planet.

---

Sorry it's so short, but I (Obi-too) was typing it in school, and the bell just rang, so I gotta go. Sorry.

25. Obi-too

Oct 20, 2000
    Okey, here's the rest.

---

"So," Jalana said at the remark obviously meant to stop the two from carrying on their converstation. "How long are we going to be together."

"I do not know." Obi-wan responded, "You know what you need to do, as we do. Me may meet and part several times while we are on this planet, or we may not."

"Oh." Jalana said. She new better then to question a full fledged jedi, no matter how young he may be. She watched as the planet grew larger, and then as the ground came rushing at them. Still they were moving slowly, and she couldn't see any landing pads.

"Are we landing in secret?" she asked.

"We are not to make a large disturbance, which we may do, even on a planet so close to Courscant. We need to land in secret, travel to wherever we need to go (of which only you know the destination, the council wouldn't tell us)" he guestured to Anakin, "and then go about our business."

"This is a fairly modern planet, correct? she asked.

"Yes." Anakin spoke up, "The continent we're landing on has a wild side, mostly made up of parks and such, and then the other half, the west side when we're down there, for the most part looks like a miniture Courscant."

"Oh." she said, ignoring the look Obi-wan was giving them. "Where are we landing?"

"On the boarder of one of the rarest parks, nearer to civilization." Obi-wan said emotionlessly.

"I needed excercize anyway." she muttered to herself. They would have a long treck across the "civilized land" before they reached their destination. She didn't voice this though, and it didn't look like the two jedi had heard her comment, so she watched as the ship landed softly in the trees and bushes. This wasn't going to be pleasent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.