main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Leah Mangue - Clone Wars - UPDATE 7/29/08

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Princess-Leah, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Hiya!

EDIT: May 18, 2007

As promised here are scans of some freshly approved cards!

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/Image2-1.jpg]

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/Image1-1.jpg]

:D

I'm having a terrific time doing these and I hope you enjoy!
    Back to work!! ;)

Leah

~~

EDIT:
    May 12, 2007...

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/LukeYoda.jpg]
    [image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/BobaRystall.jpg]
    [image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/Yoda.jpg]
    LM :D

~~

Hello!
    My name is Leah Mangue, I've been an artist most of my life and a professional artist for more than half of my life. I used to post at TF.n quite a bit in the old days. :p Life got in the way but I have been brought back (full-circle!).

I posted this message on my other "official outlets" so excuse me if there is a bit of repetition here.

Lucky doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. After 30 years it finally happened.

As an artist and a HUGE Star Wars fan it couldn't have been a nicer time to have been invited to participate in an artistic event for Topps' 30th Anniversary of Star Wars collector's card series coming out around mid-June.

I will be drawing 76 sketch cards for the upcoming set. Samples of which, once approved by Lucasfilm, will be posted here (links) for your perusal.

I just received my cards this afternoon so it will take a little time to get the ball rolling, the scans made, the approvals had and then back here.

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will answer to the best of my abilities. Since I am also working on two other card sets, Marilyn Monroe and Movie Stars for Breygent Marketing, and am still slowly updating Nerf-Herders-Anonymous.net right now please forgive any delays that might be had in replying.

In the meantime I hope everyone enjoys all the celebrations (official and not) of this wonderful year and for those of you attending CIV and CE I will see you there!!

A very happy and official,
    Leah Mangue
    *wink*

PS - here are a few Star Wars related drawings I've done in the last few years to give you a little heads up before the sketch cards get scanned, etc...

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/StarWarsInsider90_Boga.jpg]
    [image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/Grievous.jpg]
    [image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/HanLeia.jpg]

Thanks for coming by!
    LM

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, Princess-Leah! :D

Your artwork is amazing! The detail in the Boga piece is insane! I'm assuming that's a pastel/colored pencil piece? And congrats on your latest gig with the 30th Anniv. Sketch Cards! I can't wait to see them once you get the samples done! ;)

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Those are gorgeous, Leah. Your work is so detailed and your character likenesses are excellent, plus I really like your composition technique (I kind of love circles in art - don't know why). Are these done in pastel, or good quality colour pencil?

I hope you'll post more of your work.

edit: I see Han has already asked about pencils/pastels. I type way too slow!

4. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thank you!

The Boga's one of my favorite creatures in the saga! I very much enjoyed creating her.
    All colored pencil. 9x12. It was published in the Star Wars Insider last year , #90.

I can't wait to post the cards! :D

Leah

5. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    hehe, that's ok.

Thank you.

I've always loved circles as well, it's a softer look which suits my style.

I use mostly colored pencils (Prismacolors) on the dark paper, but with Bristol Board I tend to throw a little Prismacolor/Copic marker in for depth.
    I prefer drawing on a dark background, I feel the contrast is much higher bringing the details out.

I'll post a few more.

Leah

6. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Welcome Welcome!!!

OMG these are incredible!!!! The likenesses are perfect--beyond perfect, and the hair, the armor.... golly. I'm rather at a loss for words at the moment, they are so stunning!!!!!!

I can't wait to see more!!!
    God Bless!!!
    ~N

7. Elysiann

Elysiann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    WOW! These are beautiful! what lovely drawings!!!! the composition is beautiful, the colours are perfect [face_love] love love love them!

8. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Leah!!! God you're good...! The Boga piece is breathtaking... Can hardly wait to see your cards! :)

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Princess-Leah, and allow me to add my belated welcome back to the forum! All I can add to the comments so far is a huge, breathless "WOW!!" Your work is stunningly-beautiful: gorgeous colors, blending and shading--flawless likenesses and wonderful scene/portrait choices (especially loved the Boba Fett piece! That little moment was choice, and went by too quickly in the film! ;) )! Yet another Prismacolor genius in our midst (take a look through Cheveyo's thread here--he's my Prismacolor hero! ;) )--I can't do squat with them... Fantastic work, and the cards will no doubt be just as spectacular--thanks so much for sharing your work here with us, as well! =D= **bows**

FF

10. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    You are both too kind. Thank you so much for that. I try very hard, I love what I do and I would hope that it translates somehow.

Ingrid, YOU'RE the one who is GOOD!!! Not only the dead on likenesses but also how quick a turn-around you have, don't know HOW you do that. *jealous*

Thanks for the welcome back and for more kind comments. I haven't had a whole lot of time to look around here but will try to do so as time allows.
    I remember Cheveyo (Brett) very well back from the old days WAAAAY back. Amazing artist, I was in awe back then and am more so now.

Thank you all for coming by and giving me a lot of inspiration!!
    I hope that I can live up to the praise. ;)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Leah

11. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Welcome (back) to the fan art board! I don't think you need another voice to the chorus saying how good your art is, but I do want to say I particularly like the Boga piece. I think it looks beter than it did in the movie, hah!

12. Hank_the_JediDog

Hank_the_JediDog Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2007
    WOW! The Boga drawing leaves me speechless. Your drawings are absolutely amazing... not much else needed to be said. ;)

~Hank [face_flag]

13. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thanks Giolon05 and Hank!!!
    It's very nice to be back and in action.

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yay!! Cards!! We're so lucky, to have so many fantastic artists that are doing collector cards to show us their work!! [face_dancing][face_dancing]

The card sheets are fabulous!! I love them all, but the one of Han ("Great shot, Kid!"), Luke and Biggs (such a great composition in that--I'd love to see that one done poster size!), and then Leia, Han and Chewie ("You came in THAT?! You're braver than I thought!" :D ...love that line!) are my favs! The one of Uncle Owen is great too! AACK!! They're all great! Thanks so much for sharing these here! It's such a treat to see such wonderful artwork!

FF

15. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thank you, FalconFan!! :D

I love that there are such iconic moments in this film, makes it easy to find things to draw! HEHEHE

Anyone here going to CIV?

16. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Here are more cards! :D

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/Image4-1.jpg]

[image=http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/OMangueOTangue/image-19.jpg]

I'm selling some of my original Star Wars work and some other goodies right now...come check it out!
    eBay Auction

I'll be selling a few more pieces as well so keep an eye out!

See you soon...must get back to work!! A few more cards to draw! ;)

Thank you!
    Leah :D

17. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    MORE lovely cards!!! [face_dancing] YAY!
    Very Excellent, as usual!!!
    Pardon my ignorance, who are the two ladies in the top left corner, with the blue and green makeup?
    Man these are so pretty!! Great job :)

~N

18. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thank you, Nidrail! :D

Those two ladies are the Tonnika Sisters (Brea and Senni)...seen in the Cantina. ;)

Back to work I go!
    Leah

19. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thanks to anyone who bid on the last pieces of artwork. It went well!

OK!

The second wave of auction starts today!

Come take a look!

Enjoy!!
    Leah

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, nice!! Love the latest card sheets! Greedo especially--we don't see too much art with Rodians! =D= Wedge is wonderful--and the Tonnika sisters (thanks for the reminder, Nidrail! ;) ) are yet another homage to some quickly-seen and seldom-depicted characters! C3PO is fabulous: the reflections (and inclusion of that dent in his head!) are beautifully done, and the perfect foreshortening of the Tusken's arms and weapon make me want to dive away (it's really quite 3D....very impressive! =D= )! These are all just gorgeous--good luck with the auction!

FF

21. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Incredible, Leah! It's great to see you hovering about the boards again. :D

These cards are just amazing, and your drawings... they're perfect "illustrations" (pardon the pun) of superior control of your medium!

22. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Absolute pleasure to see you again after so long a while and it's certainly not bad hovering here and there.

Thank you so much, that means quite a bit coming from you...Mr. Talent. ;)

L

23. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    *blushes* You're a doll, thank you!!!

24. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic work! I really like R2 on the May 18th, update, bottom row, center. He looks superb!

25. Princess-Leah

Jun 12, 2001
    Thank you Basement24! I just talked to a guy in the UK who pulled that very R2 card! That's one of my favorite cards...of course...how could one not like R2?? ;)

It's been a long while since I've been here I've just been so blessed busy with more sketch cards. Let's see...I finished Marilyn Monroe and Movie Poster cards, I'm just finishing up the new Topps Heroes cards and have also started/will be starting on Big Screen Doctor Who, CSI NY/Miami, Harryhausen, Hammer Films, and Celebrity Sketchers.

There's something coming up in the next few months concerning a Star Wars related drawing I did but I'll have to let you know when I'm allowed to say anything...sorry for being so cryptic. :D

If anyone here will be in the Chicago area on October 5 & 6 I'll be a guest artist at Chicagoland Expo and I'd love to meet and chat while I'm there.
    I may be doing a special promo with another of the convention's guests and I'll let you know about that as we get closer to the convention.

I will also be getting ready to apply to the La Quinta Arts Festival (as if I didn't have enough on the plate) next month. Very excited. This will be the first year, however, that one of the largest supporters of this great event will not be attending and supporting the artists, Merv Griffin passed away earlier this month and he'll be missed.

OH! Before I forget. One of my six returned cards is currently up for auction at eBay
    CHEWBACCA. If you should bid, good luck!
    Thanks to anyone who bids!!

Well, I'm off to get some rest, I've a lot of work ahead of me and I do have to get some sleep. :p Dang our need for it!

Thanks all for your support! Hope to be back soon!

Leah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.