main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Leaked footage from the Abu Dhabi shoot

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediAce1, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    The person who leaked this = FIRED AND SUED!!!

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  2. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Meh, I've been an extra before. We might not see him at all :D Then again it is a small scene with few extras so many we will. I agree F this guy... you're not supposed to leak like that.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  3. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Funny how so many of us criticize the leaker after we check out the goods.

4. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    You miss the point. I am not complaining, but you know that they will go after him!

They don't tolerate this from their extras.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012

Even if I did look, how can I condone what he's done? Sure, I looked. It's looking at something you know you shouldn't be seeing, it feels good at the time, then you realize how wrong it was...The video was pulled by Disney and he's been fired or worse. Not a good idea for him. The leak is poor quality, a wasted effort to give us... to give us... nothing really...

Where as I may have enjoyed the leak... sort of... I don't think it was truly worth it. It is kind of like being tempted by forbidden fruit. Where as it seemed like a good idea at the time and people will look at the fruit that's been taken, everyone knows it's a bad idea and shameful... and we all know the likely consequences of leaking a movie like that.

Even if we enjoy looking at it or look out of curiosity, it still reeks of a poor attempt of thievery and he demonizes himself and looses too much and gains nothing... He/ she naturally sets their self up for a little ridicule. Why risk so much for so little? It's dishonest, wrong...

Besides the leak doesn't really show anything. We already know these two characters will be together some duration of the film and they will be running together alot.

DarthPhilosopher and WhiskeyGold like this.
  6. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I caught the video a few times this morning before it was taken down. I thought it was pretty cool to be honest.

You know you may be on to something there. The suddenness and brutality of it all, the panic, the screams and confusion that follows, the setting, etc. It does give you that kind of vibe. It also comes across as something we've never seen before in a SW film. This is an attack that leads to a chase/run-for-your-life scene through a crowded marketplace that takes place entirely on location. I can't think of one other densely populated SW scene that was shot on location. It almost seems like something out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" rather than Star Wars other than the Stormtroopers and aliens of course. I get more and more excited for this Jakku stuff all the time.

That's the conclusion I came to as well. Boyega did an entire film("Imperial Dreams") and a few eps of a TV series ("24") with a flawless American accent. I have no doubt of him being able to pull it off. Ridley may be capable of the accent as well considering how the Brits tend to master the American accent. But why risk it in such a big motion picture which is practically her debut? Let her talk in her normal manner. Plus it may just provide a nice contrast between Finn and Rey, emphasize how much they literally come from different worlds as well as different experiences.

This. True conflict between them from the start that hopefully does't come across as CW Network-like cutesy.

Yes.

I can't believe some of the criticism directed at the person who leaked this video. This message board is almost a second home for a dude who runs a popular site of his own which counts on the "dishonesty" of crew and staff members of TFA to supply him with info. How is the person who took filmed this video and leaked it any worse than the folks who provided MSW concept art, DOODs and other details? Were we condemning those guys or MSW for posting the info?

7. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    You are STILL missing the point entirely.

Whether we like it or not matters NOT, these people WILL get in legal trouble and that's their fate for violating NDA!

8. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

You could be right. If Rey has a romantic relationship it could be with Poe. But as someone pointed out previously Poe and Rey barely share any scenes in this film (a surprise considering they are two of the new Big Three). Han and Leia actually interacted quite a bit in ANH. We got a taste of their banter, their immediate dislike for one another (which in soap operas and romantic comedies typically means fighting off initial attraction), Han's question to Luke about whether Leia and him could hit it off. These moments made it not so much a stretch when we see romantic tensions between the two of them at the beginning of ESB. It looks like though Rey and Poe would have to start from scratch in VIII if TPTB goes that route with them. Maybe their mutual love of BB8 and possessive feelings over it could lead them to finding love. Heck, maybe BB8 would play matchmaker.

You also compared Finn and Rey's interaction to being more in the vein of Luke and Leia. Obviously none of us have seen TFA yet but that appears to be a stretch from what we know (rumors, spoilers and actual studio provided information). First of all it would seem that Rey and Finn start off on a not so good note (kinda like Han and Leia) and that they end up spinning a lot of time together running for their lives (like Han and Leia in ESB). Finn and Rey probably spend more time together in this one movie than Luke and Leia did in all three OT films combined. They are going to have a strong bond, one that should be firmly established in the minds of the audience too. And there was a reason why TPTB didn't end up going the Luke-Leia route (before George made the decision to make them brother and sister) and that was the lack of any real chemistry/sparks between Mark and Carrie. If you ever see that infamous deleted scenes between the two of them in ESB it just further cements this notion. However from reports I was reading as far back as during the filming of TFA, word was that Boyega and Ridley have terrific chemistry. Now when you have such chemistry you can go different ways with it. You can go the close-like-siblings road or the BFF road. Or you have the option of taking advantage of it and going the romantic route. We don't know where it is going yet. I'm sure we will see some cliches that would suggest to leave alone any idea of pairing Rey and Finn. But at the same time I can already see reasons for TPTB to not repeat the same OT routine as far as Poe and Rey is concerned because that would mean our lone major female lead falling in love with the cocky pilot who happens to be ten plus years her senior.

Skywalked and Sgt. Carver like this.
  9. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

Not missing any such point. I'm wondering where was all of this hair-pulling when we were getting all the MSW information. Some of us pointed out that those people too were in risk of being exposed. Were you one of them?

10. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah as far as accents go, it really could go either way. I'd be delighted if Daisy and John use their native accents, but it's just too hard to tell, plus it'll all get changed in post anyway with ADR.

As far as this extra filming footage, why are some of you getting up in arms? You're in a spoiler site that feeds off this sort of crap, so why the holier than thou attitudes?

Brennan Marshall likes this.
  11. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Ummm, the point is he WILL get in trouble. NOT whether or not I enjoy it.

12. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Not gonna happen. Most directors with any filmmaking ability will always have the actors use the accents while filming that will end up in the final product. As has been pointed out by myself and a few others, changing an accent in post using ADR leads to problems due to the difference in mouth movements for different accents. Changing an accent often causes it to seem as if the actor was dubbed over by another person, even if said actor was the one who came back in and rerecorded the dialogue in a different accent. JJ isn't an idiot, nor is he a newbie. He'd be well aware of this issue and considering the amount of time between when Daisy was cast and when principal photography began, the accent issue would have been worked out well in advance. ADR is primarily for cleaning up and smoothing out the dialogue, not for changing a major aspect of a performance(that is only done as a last resort). Even when a director knows ahead of time that the audio from a take will be unusable, whether do to noise on set or noise from the camera(IMAX), an audio track of the dialogue on set is still recorded. When an actor goes in to do ADR, unless it is to add additional dialogue that wasn't captured on the day, the actor will try to match the audio track from the set as closely as possible. Whatever accents were heard in that video(Daisy was clearly using her natural accent) are what we're getting in the film.

13. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014
    These are the remarks of someone with an inexplicable grudge against an individual. And the frightening thing is that you have made such remarks multiple times in the past.

Nah, it's more obsessive, pathological.

By that I'm assuming you mean because he isn't some clueless, spineless dude who needs to be saved by Rey doing every sign of trouble. If the dialogue is true here is a scene in which he is taking control of the situation (or at least trying to) in order to save his and Rey's skins. Amazing how that whole narrative of Finn the Cowardly Pacifist started and how willing some were to embrace such a portrayal

Don't waste your time asking COJ anything regarding Boyega and Finn. You won't get an honest answer from him just some fraudulent nonsense about how he has no issue with the actor or character. He's smart enough to know to not go too far otherwise he'll be banned or chastised by the mods. He likes to imply Boyega as being phony but such a characterization perfectly describes his protestations that he has nothing against Boyega/Finn: fake.

You don't have your own examples of him being hard to understand, you are only going by what you've been told, huh? There are literally dozens of videos of Boyega doing interviews that can be found on YouTube. They span about four years so some are before his TFA days while some are of him being interviewed at events such as D23. If you have any concerns you could always track them down and watch. Doing so you would see that he is a very articulate, intelligent, expressive guy who is clearly understandable. And I don't recall any of the people who covered or watched the SW stage events at Creation Comic Con or D23 who came away claiming they couldn't understand Boyega.

Ummm........well, neither are the point to be honest. The point being made by me at least is that site has been living off of spoilers derived through somewhat illicit means for well over a year. Where was the moral outrage then? How is this any different or any worse?

Brennan Marshall likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm fine with any accent. that being said, they can always overdub in adr for loud action scenes. so it doesn't prove anything yet. have to wait for the trailer.

15. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Even the trailer might not have the final voices... remember how different Queen Amidala sounded in TPM trailer? She actually sounded somewhat human, as opposed the emotionless robot that she ended up being in the final film.

Grand_Moff_Jawa, WhiskeyGold and vin like this.
  16. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    I remember very clearly that the trailer had the line "get to your ships!" as a high, yelling American voice, and that the final film has an inexplicable deep British mumble. I'd seen that clip about a million times in the marketing, and even as a seven year old I really noticed the difference in the film. It's so weird.

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they change things right up until release.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anyone think there is a link between the 15 second tease and this leaked footage?

19. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise. If you see a connection share it with us.

20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Now that I've finally managed to see the footage, I've translated all of the Russian scrolling across the bottom of the footage FWIW. It's nothing revelatory alas, but I'll put it here just in case anyone was wondering what it said:

слитые кадры сьемок седьмого эпизода звездных войн: пробужде ние силы предоставлены группой

Fusion footage filming the seventh episode of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, contributed by group.

другие видеона канале.

Other video channel. :)

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  21. Rey771

Rey771 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2015

The reason I care about it has nothing to do with the British villain trope. I just find the "London" accent, or something not that far from it, more pleasing than the "American" one. I've always preferred that sort of accent in movies and tv shows... period. In something like Star Wars, you have more leeway with this sort of thing. There's no America in space fantasy. If you cast British, you shouldn't make them put on American accent, unless you have good reason to do so... because it's a downgrade. :p

Jcuk likes this.
  22. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Yep. Same thing happened in Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. In the trailer, when he says, "Part time!" it sounds pretty damn cool. But, for some odd reason, they chose an inferior take for the actual film.

In the case of Queen Amidala, I guess Lucas wanted to create more of a distinction between her Padme voice and her Queen voice, but I'm not sure what the reasoning was with Indy.

Satipo likes this.
  23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

You realise that even if they could pinpoint which extra it was (which is unlikely if they could even be bothered to, what does this bad footage actually spoil? It's borderline unwatchable) being an extra can often be a casual job - there is no career path there - they can't be sacked off a job that has already finished. The absolute worst that could happen is if LFL could somehow be bothered to work out which extra it was (hint - they won't) and contact the agency the extra was hired through, who might then decide not to use that extra again - that's assuming he/ she was even a regular extra anyway and not just someone who they cast as a one-off for the location shoot. They're certainly not going to bother with legal trouble.

Also, the hypocrisy on here is astounding. Every scrap of info we come here to lap up is based on a similar breach of confidence and trust. So if you're going to maintain that stance rigidly, you have no business reading spoilers yourself.

Also, this is just a leak. This is not part of some genius buzz building move on the part of LFL.

Clearly Rey having a British accent = Rey Kenobi confirmed. ;)

24. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I checked to see whether the UAE had the death penalty for secretly recording on a movie set. Turns out they don't.

Artoo-Dion and Satipo like this.
  25. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Indeed low quality footage and no plot breaking spoilers. Not worth the effort to hunt down. They should focus on figuring out who leaked those call sheets to MSW.

Satipo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.