main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Leaked footage from the Abu Dhabi shoot

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediAce1, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    To me, that and the concept art leaks are quite a major breach and I believe will lead to increased security for 8.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Yeah but also in 8 it will be easier for us to guess and figure out the plot so even smaller leaks could be more problematic because we lack a base besides a mostly deleted EU and the OT right now.

Satipo likes this.
  3. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    True. But imagine if we took out the art leaks and the MSW production info? We'd have have had very little to go off at all. In that sense, apart from that breach and the SW7 news photo leaks, it really has been pretty tight.

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Yodahasgreenfeet

We all knew it was wrong for that person to leak it, so it goes without saying. But it just seems silly to criticize him when most of us went out of our way to check it out.

I looked at the footage. I knew it was wrong. I don't care. However, as a result of this, I shut my mouth on openly condemning him. :p

5. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    After listening to it a few times Daisy is definitely using her native accent. I'd hoped Finn would be as well but he definitely sounds American.

6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    & clip removed

7. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm surprised so many people are entertaining this idea that the voices will change in post production. Certainly we'll be hearing Daisy's natural accent for Rey and John's American one for Finn. I'm cool with that.

Skywalked, Satipo, Han Drolo and 2 others like this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    JB's line was so short and quick it is hard to tell difinitively if he is using his accent or not.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Yeah I'm not convinced either way, but I was sort of expecting an American accent for him, I don't know why; maybe because he is playing a stormtrooper. Rey will definitely have a British accent though, and that, if anything settles that long running debate at least. :)

Skywalked, Satipo and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  10. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    The guy was an extra who may have never worked on a movie before, and may not again anyway. LFL isn't going to bother chasing him down

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    JB's voice sounded British to me.

12. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Please STOP missing the point, the point again is not about whether I am cool with the video or not. It's ALL about what LFL will do to him that's the point I was making! I think it's a toss up whether LFL will go after this guy or not, we don't know that and none of us can be sure.

But just because you don't think he will be punished doesn't mean he won't. It will most likely be handled quietly and internally, and we may never truly know what or if there is the lawsuit. These things are usually never publically announced for everyone to hear.

The bottomline is, he violated NDA and could face up a TONS of fines. Whether the clip was spoilerish or not is moot point!

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

This.

BTW - I really do think Rey Kenobi is a possibility - Brit accent and that Breznican article - he was definitely either muddying the waters or laying ground.

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Somehow the idea of Rey Kenobi grows on me, especially when Luke doesn't have a kid. Luke's first teacher/protector was Obi-Wan Kenobi and now Obi-Wan's daughter/niece/relative will be trained and protected by Luke Skywalker. :)

15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I would like the idea of Skywalker training a Kenobi. And it would be less predictable than a Solo or a Skywalker. But would you lose something? Maybe. I could definitely get onboard with it though. I think either way, that Breznican article was very deliberate.

16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Yeah, but it would fit with the rumored new female cast for VIII, who could be a Solo. ;)

17. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    As long as it's a semi distant relative of Kenobi. I don't think they'd hugely retcon Obi Wan's hermit status to the point where he had close family members still running around by ANH, where he always seemed like a guy with nothing left to lose whose only goal is to get Luke to defeat the Empire.

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Sounds ridiculous to even consider. Clearly she is a Lars. Rey Lars.

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Regarding Rey, can I say that we are all expecting her to be the one that has the final showdown of the ST with Kylo? Is that the general consensus?

If it is, and Kylo is of the Skywalker bloodline through Leia, does that mean we'd end up with Kenobi vs Skywalker again?
    With a Kenobi winning again? And if that is the case is it a rehash, or is it poetry?

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Grand daughter is definitely a possibility I think. Didn't we hear that one of the leads would be related to Kenobi? Way back around the Maisie casting rumours( I can't remember now).

Artoo-Dion and nightangel like this.
  21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, I think there were rumours of that sort a while back. But then again, you have to remember, this is Star Wars, so there are rumours for every character being related to someone from the previous episodes. ;)

22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Maybe Kenobi's are better swordfighter. Just check Chloe. [face_laugh]

23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Undoubtedly. Were it not for they Breznican article, I wouldn't be mooting the Kenobi possibility so much. It was such a random article it has to be him muddying the waters or the first floating of the concept. I would not rule it out at all just yet.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. It was the farthest thing from "random" journalism.

Satipo likes this.
  25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    With all this talk of Rey possibly being a relative/descendent of Obi Wan, how would you guys feel seeing Ewan come back as a force ghost? Would you accept it solely because Ewan is the man, even though it goes against continuity from the OT?

darth_mccartney likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.