main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Learn the ways of the Force(.net) - the banner idea thread - Request for Christmas

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Fallen-Hero, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    :D I'm liking the ideas so far! ;)

I'm a bit short on time right now, but I'll try to come up with something more constructive to add tomorrow. :)

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I think we should have finished this banner on the 27th. I know it's really short, but we like to enjoy the banner for the Halloween time, don't we? (If it takes until the 28th, it's not a big problem - just remember that it had to be uploaded and that takes time as well.) :)

I like your suggestion of Welcome New Spirits - with striking through "users" and writing spirits above it. It's not as negative like 'dead' or 'zombies'. :)

I also like "you've taken your first bite into an evil world".

Ghost-chain is another good idea! :)

Edit: And remember, it doesn't have to be perfect. I even think that a non-perfect one makes it more Halloween-like. :)

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Well I work tomorrow and it's my mum's birthday so I might be a little time restraint there, but I'm off on tuesday so I can definitely get that cranking done, if not a good portion of it later tonight when I get back from work.

*makes note on wall*

There, I shouldn't forget it ;)

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    A Halloween banner? ]-} You really should add some "extras" to existing screenshots that are Halloween-themed.

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No prob. It would be cool, if we can make it, but it shouldn't mean high stress for you or anyone else, ok? :)

*ups thread as a reminder for Fallen* :)

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Halloween's only a week away; is that enough time?

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The advantage is that we don't have to create a new banner. Just some tweaks. And yes, it's not much time, but maybe the changes can be done within a few hours. Some paintings here and there, some tweaks. I don't have to be perfect. :)

If you like to tweak one as well, feel free, Gunny. :)

8. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Skiara, I rather have stress over a banner on the net than the stress that can show up during the Christmas holidays at the supermarket.

Gunny, what do you mean by existing screenshots? And you bet it can, watch it'll be up by the 28th :p

We dont need to tamper with the stylesheet do we?

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I meant take some screenshots from the movies and add some Halloween things in Photoshop. A.K.A. add some ghosts, give someone a witch's hat, etc. That's what I end up seeing when I try to visualize a Halloween banner.

I could try to make a banner later if I get a good editing program.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    No, no tweaking of style sheets for the Halloween-banner. :)

Gangrenous brought up the idea of changing the "stars" to the ones in the JCC. I hope it can be done without any changes with the style sheets. But if it needs a change and if we have to do this, I'll post again. :)

11. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I had originally thought of using screenshots from the Mos Eisley cantina and that club Anakin/Obi-Wan chase Zam in to make a new banner. Of course with a bunch of extras added to make it feel Halloweenish. Then I also had the idea of having every dress up as people from other fandoms... but I think we might have a change of picture for the reply image. I think I got the greatest idea for what to go with the wording, but you'll have to wait :p

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Now I'm curious... Hurry up! I like to see your idea! :D

(Of course, my words above counts still.)

Btw two good news!

1. We have the new "stars" with the current banner already! :D

2. The Halloween banner maker will get colors for the time the banner is up! :D

13. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    You all don't want to know what I've just spent the past ten minutes doing *glares at her stupid Vista and computer*

Anyways, it's uploaded - thank the maker! - and well I ran out of ideas, so I'd appreciate some for Obi-Wan's corner and Han's as well :)

Course, in Morgaine's honor, Nitpicking season is open! :p

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/antillesjanson/Public%20Zone/wnuhall.png]

14. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Aww, now I feel special. [face_blush] ;)

Just a quick reply, sorry - but I really like where you're going with this. :)

I especially like that cute little ghost coming out of the "O" of "Welcome". :D Also, that reply image is awesome. :p

Guess I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of "decoration" on Han and Obi-Wan too, but I'm afraid I'm not very creative this morning. :( Maybe I can come up with something more productive later!

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I like this as well. Just a bit more and I would say it's ready for Halloween. :D

16. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Guys I'm really out of ideas for the little extra more... I mean I thought of putting the Ghostbuster sign somewhere in the Falcon's passageway, but that still doesn't take care of Han or Obi-Wan. Come on, you're all full of creativity :p

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    How about adding another ghost/JarJar between Han and Luke in a way that it looks like Han looking at that ghost?

18. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Oh, I totally forgot about this yesterday. Sorry!

No JarJar please. That's too scary. :p

I saw an ad for Halloween costumes the other day... considering we want something that is easy to implement, how about that white "Scream" mask on Obi-Wan's face? Or another mask... Hannibal Lecter or something from a horror movie. :confused: I don't know too much about those.

And Han... hmm, spur-of-the-moment idea here, not really thought this through. What if you just make him look really shocked or scared by pulling the face from another screenshot on top of this one. You understand what I'm trying to say? :p Now that would still leave us with the task of Harrison Ford making a scared face... could even be from another movie I guess.

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    A screaming Han sounds great! That and/or anything between Luke and Han, so Han has a reason to scream and it's finished, I think. :)

20. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Well, there is a scene with him screaming in ANH, so I could use that one, and I like the mask idea Morgaine.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sparkly-Glowy Jar Jar? :p

22. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Yeah, I thought of that scene as well. Couldn't find a screencap that shows his face in the right moment, but I suppose we could just use our DVD's and do our own screenshots. ;)

I like the idea of putting something scary in between Luke and Han, if there is enough space... or maybe turn Luke around (by mirroring the image) and make him "attack" Han? :p

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Is that the part where Han ends up in the Hangar Bay on the Death Star? His face is priceless. :D

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Do you think you're able to finishe the banner today? So I can ask Laj to upload our Halloween-banner in about 12 to 14 hours? :)

25. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Gunny: Yep, that's the one. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.